• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggle

Teknoman said:
Gotta walk around, they dont just assault the camp. Usually to the north of the camp unless things have changed.

yeah we were north of there where the tree is
the npc used to appear there
unless he moved
there were like 13-15 of us waiting there on and off
such a waste of time XD

I've been playing this game for the last two days. There's alot to figure out, but I'm loving it so far. The world feels really magical, the music is great and the characters look awesome (love the cutscenes). The combat's a bit slow, but I do tend to relax while playing this and I haven't had that in a long time while playing an MMO. It's so much different to WoW's keybind spamming and jumping around gameplay.

I had some problems at first with v-sync and stuff, but now that's fixed the graphics look insane and I feel I'm being sucked into this game's world more and more. Found a new addiction until SW:TOR, that's for sure.

Riposte

Good interview, gets me excited. Can't wait for the day 1.21 is out.

In any case, what company is the majority of the linkshell going to join. I hope it isn't going to be the most popular one.

gillty

Banned
Sounds like they got their hands full with this. Its too bad someone like Yoshida didn't step in during development, because even if they had released late next year the game would have probably still look gorgeous compared to its peers.

Teknoman

Riposte said:
Good interview, gets me excited. Can't wait for the day 1.21 is out.

In any case, what company is the majority of the linkshell going to join. I hope it isn't going to be the most popular one.

I dont think it matters since people seem like they can help regardless of company/country.

Oh and those interested in isometric hack n slash RPGs:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=30004342#post30004342

Closed beta, but they'll be sending out a decent amount of invites soon (F2P Diablo style game). Ease the wait for the fabled Diablo III beta invite.

Munba

Something is happening in the sky..

red_moon.jpg

..the second little moon is more luminescent and red colored now. :0 A dark omen!

Teknoman

Munba said:
Something is happening in the sky..

red_moon.jpg

..the second little moon is more luminescent and red colored now. :0 A dark omen!

Told you guys.

jj1xg6.jpg

Unless it has something to do with the heat/summer event and the meteor thing (bombs coming from space).

Teknoman

Metalmurphy said:
My copy was supposed to arrive today, but it didn't :(

Do they offer the client for download like most MMOs do?

Unfortunately no...at least not yet. With the way the new director is running things, I wouldnt be surprised to see that happen at some point.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There's no official client download, but you can find it on torrent sites and download all the patches beforehand, I think Bluegartr has a topic with those.

I remember when people were waiting for the packages to arrive around the start of the headstart and one guy for FFXIVCore or some other forum got his. 1000 peers and 1 seed or something like that, but we made it. :D
Good times, back when people believed that we'll get a miraculous day 1 patch that will make all the beta problems beta had go away. Too bad it didn't happen.

zychi

Banned
I installed and updated everything(decided to jump in finally a few weeks ago, but had issues with patches). It wants a code/some sort of payment(i thought it was free still?) in order for me to login. I haven't attached a credit or debit card to the game (don't currently have one i can use), am i able to use paypal instead? is there a work around so i dont have to attach anything to it at all?

Munba

Teknoman said:
Unless it has something to do with the heat/summer event and the meteor thing (bombs coming from space).

I think it's part of the big event with garleans and the catastrophic omens around. Also a npc (don't remember who) talking about that strange moon..

zychi said:
I installed and updated everything(decided to jump in finally a few weeks ago, but had issues with patches). It wants a code/some sort of payment(i thought it was free still?) in order for me to login. I haven't attached a credit or debit card to the game (don't currently have one i can use), am i able to use paypal instead? is there a work around so i dont have to attach anything to it at all?

Did you buy the game? You need a valid CD-key attached to your account. Then you'll need to update your service options in your Square-Enix account. It's a bit weird 'cause it seems you have to pay for the service, but you'll see a 12.99 - 12.99 = 0.00 in the end or something.

Whogie

FLEABttn said:
Does FF14 have native wired 360 controller support? Or do I need that FF14 controller?
Works fine with the 360 controller.
It's only once ever assigned buttons for me (during the beta.) So here's the default controls:
z5g8d.png

zychi

Banned
EhrgeizVII said:
Did you buy the game? You need a valid CD-key attached to your account. Then you'll need to update your service options in your Square-Enix account. It's a bit weird 'cause it seems you have to pay for the service, but you'll see a 12.99 - 12.99 = 0.00 in the end or something.
I bought it at launch and had an old debit card attached to it. I no longer have either a debit care nor a credit card and there isn't one attached to the account anymore. I used the cd key and I think its recognizing it, but I'm not sure. I'm not at home to mess with it so I can't give anymore details.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Buttons said:
Yay, blog post no.100. ^_^/

http://www.abload.de/img/ffxivgame2011-08-1114-vqu1.jpg[IMG]

[URL="http://buttons-tarutaru.blogspot.com/2011/08/post-no100-jumping-lalafell-and-speedos.html"]http://buttons-tarutaru.blogspot.com/2011/08/post-no100-jumping-lalafell-and-speedos.html[/URL][/QUOTE]
lol, so cute!

suzu

My copy is in transit too. Maybe I should download the client+patches before it gets here? Hmm.

Btw your screenshots & blog is very cute, Buttons. :)

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Metalmurphy said:
How does that work?
Well, every copy of the Collector's Edition came with a buddy pass that you could use to create a Square-Enix account and play the game.

Basically, you could create 2 full accounts for every CE edition. That's how a lot of people played the game without even buying it. They asked someone else for their unused buddy pass code, and downloaded the game client.

mileS

so you don't need the same disc to install with the buddy pass?

I still have mine right here, I'd be glad to give it away.

mileS said:
so you don't need the same disc to install with the buddy pass?

I still have mine right here, I'd be glad to give it away.

If no one else wants it I can take it.

Also, when my game arrives, I'm guessing theres a registration key, is that the same as a buddy pass? Cause in that case I'll just give mine back to you

"The buddy pass works the same way as a normal Final Fantasy XIV registration code. It's basically a means to register another valid Service Account. "

Cool, if u don't mind I can take that code mileS, and I'll just give you mine back once my copy arrives (Most likely Tuesday)

mileS

PM sent

Who knows, I might even re-install again (for the second time this week lol) This time I might actually stay on long enough to party up with people from the LS.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Metalmurphy said:
Man... Ambient Occlusion absolutely destroys the framerate.

How do I get in contact with fellow gaffers? I joined the official gaf server.

Gaffers who can invite you:

Renta Hamster
Teknoman Blade
King Lala

Others Non-Gaffers:
Shiori Aran
Lily Vraminica
Maki Star

If you have trouble I'll log in and invite you.

Dega said:
Gaffers who can invite you:

Renta Hamster
Teknoman Blade
King Lala

Others Non-Gaffers:
Shiori Aran
Lily Vraminica
Maki Star

If you have trouble I'll log in and invite you.

Nah, dont' bother, I'll eventually find someone online.

Can't seem to force vsync with this game, and it tears like mad -.-

Chiave

I want to play this so bad. I pre-ordered the game for PS3 and you know the rest of the details. Is the game in a decent state now? Or up to par with previous FFs?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Chiave said:
I want to play this so bad. I pre-ordered the game for PS3 and you know the rest of the details. Is the game in a decent state now?
It's improved leaps and bound from "I can't believe they released this piece of shit" to "Kinda crappy but pretty game". For new players, though, it should keep that "new car smell" for a decently long time. There are a lot of improvements in the near future.

You might as well give it a try if you're curious.

Chiave said:
Or up to par with previous FFs?
Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom