• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggle

Metalmurphy said:
Not sure I follow.

even if the code works on your NA account
the characters you created/been playing will not get the goggles
only the ones created after code entry will obtain it

jiggle said:
even if the code works on your NA account
the characters you created/been playing will not get the goggles
only the ones created after code entry will obtain it

Ohhhh... Damn :/ Is there a timer to delete a character?

mileS

Like I said earlier, don't worry about sending me that code back. If you want to start over with a new account go right ahead.

NeoForte

Wait wait....THAT'S COERTHAS' NORMAL BATTLE SONG?! I've been listening to this song many times since the leaked alpha OST, I love it and always thought it made for an awesome Boss Battle song or some sort of instance fight...and it's a normal battle song for coerthas?! WTF! I'm kinda disappointed but if that's not a boss track, than what is?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
NeoForte said:
Wait wait....THAT'S COERTHAS' NORMAL BATTLE SONG?! I've been listening to this song many times since the leaked alpha OST, I love it and always thought it made for an awesome Boss Battle song or some sort of instance fight...and it's a normal battle song for coerthas?! WTF! I'm kinda disappointed but if that's not a boss track, than what is?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBf9H9pnF4Y&feature=bf_prev&list=PLCC08F47C925C651D&index=6

It's pretty epic, but I wish it was longer. It starts to loop way too soon.

Luigi87

Le sigh.
I won't lie, I've only gotten THM to rank 21 so far (ignoring crafts here), and I didn't realize that levelling other jobs could benefit each other.

...*sadface*

NeoForte

Luigi87 said:
Le sigh.
I won't lie, I've only gotten THM to rank 21 so far (ignoring crafts here), and I didn't realize that levelling other jobs could benefit each other.

...*sadface*

But that's good, now your other jobs can benefit from THM's spells....well Sacrifice at least.

Also @Renta ah yes, I love that song too. And yea it loops too soon :/

Something wierd is happening to my game. I was in a party and got kicked all of the sudden. Now I can't login cause I keep getting this error:
dIjas.png

Tried rebooting the pc and modem, nothing. It's not the server cause my friends are still on.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Metalmurphy said:
Something wierd is happening to my game. I was in a party and got kicked all of the sudden. Now I can't login cause I keep getting this error:
http://i.imgur.com/dIjas.png[IMG]

Tried rebooting the pc and modem, nothing. It's not the server cause my friends are still on.[/QUOTE]
When you get disconnected, there's a bug in the server that keeps your character from getting kicked off the server. As long as your character persists on the server, you can't log in as that character. In these cases, it will take as long as 10 minutes before your character finally gets booted out, and you can log back in again.

This is set to be fixed as of patch 1.19

Rentahamster said:
When you get disconnected, there's a bug in the server that keeps your character from getting kicked off the server. As long as your character persists on the server, you can't log in as that character. In these cases, it will take as long as 10 minutes before your character finally gets booted out, and you can log back in again.

This is set to be fixed as of patch 1.19

I'm still not sure that's really a bug, it's just that the goddamn timeout period was set way too long. They need to fix it so you timeout from the server something reasonable like 60 seconds after you lose your connection.

It's amazing how some of the most blatant technical issues with the game haven't been fixed, like the client crashing when losing focus in fullscreen and the timeout delay when you get lagbooted from the server.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Unknown Soldier said:
I'm still not sure that's really a bug, it's just that the goddamn timeout period was set way too long. They need to fix it so you timeout from the server something reasonable like 60 seconds after you lose your connection.

It's amazing how some of the most blatant technical issues with the game haven't been fixed, like the client crashing when losing focus in fullscreen and the timeout delay when you get lagbooted from the server.
I thought it wasn't a bug too, same as you, but according to a recent dev post, it is.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...gging-Back-In!?p=285116&viewfull=1#post285116
When you are disconnected you should be able to log back in within a minute. However, due to a bug that was discovered, certain data is being retained on the server that makes it think the character is still logged in, regardless of whether you were disconnected or not. This then causes the phenomenon to occur that stops you from being able to log in for up to 10 minutes.

Sorry for the time it took for us to discover a resolution to this, but this will finally be fixed in patch 1.19.

Cathcart

omg when are they fixing the bug that none of you guys are online when I come back? That's some shit. Taka minus you guys equals frowny face.

Edit: ding 19 yay

Edit: they fixed it! I'm one of us again!

Teknoman

Cathcart said:
By throw attacks I assume you mean pressing light punch and light kick at the same time.

At rank 16 or 17 should I be taking the rank 20 leves or rank 10 leves? Do you still get to pick a difficulty when you actually start the leve or has that changed too? Kinda psyched about playing this again.

I mean using throw weapons (Chakrams, throwing daggers, javelins, tomahawks, etc).

Oh I could probably party with my Marauder tomorrow (well later today). Trying to get my Marauder to 30, and then i'll go back to taking my Gladiator to 50. Sucks that i've neglected my gathering jobs though (mining/botany), but i've got too much to sell as it is. I've been taking rank 20 leves, but sooner or later you'll probably want to give light or full exp parties a shot too.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Just did an endgame dungeon run in under 25 min to get the elusive 5th chest to pop. Finally got enough ppl on to practice it consistently lol.

Jinko

Unknown Soldier said:

It seems the issue that causes the client to crash when minimising in full screen is a lot more complex than it should be, its SE remember.

Cathcart

Oh yeah, I forgot PUG could throw stuff.

Went from just past 18 to about 700 points away from 20 by doing my 8 leves last night, so that's not bad. I don't have a ton of time tonight but it should be enough to make some good progress towards rank 21, then hopefully I can catch up with some of you guys over the weekend if anyone is up for slumming it. If not I might try to clean out my inventory but just crafting everything I can craft for skill ups and probably just vendoring the results. I'm guessing crafted materials under rank 20 aren't selling for much these days?

Man, that game is empty, though. So sads :(

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Cathcart said:
Oh yeah, I forgot PUG could throw stuff.

Went from just past 18 to about 700 points away from 20 by doing my 8 leves last night, so that's not bad. I don't have a ton of time tonight but it should be enough to make some good progress towards rank 21, then hopefully I can catch up with some of you guys over the weekend if anyone is up for slumming it. If not I might try to clean out my inventory but just crafting everything I can craft for skill ups and probably just vendoring the results. I'm guessing crafted materials under rank 20 aren't selling for much these days?

Man, that game is empty, though. So sads :(

Dega will always be in your heart.

lol

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Give them to ratso (coldsnap) he uses my character now. He was telling me the other day how he needed 10 stack of ash knife grips.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
staticneuron said:
Burned out? Are you coming back ever again?

ehhh I dunno...

Looking at my schedule for the next few months I seriously doubt it. I preordered Star Wars but I'm not gonna play that game near as much as I played 14 earlier this year.

mileS said:
*brofist*
It's about time!

You play AOE or just congratulating him on "quitting"? (He'll be back on tonight probably)

mileS

Dega said:
You play AOE or just congratulating him on "quitting"? (He'll be back on tonight probably)

Hell no! lol

Yea I think I might try Star Wars as well. Have no idea what its going to be like (haven't followed it at all) but I can't stay away from MMO's for very long.

They've done a good job of keeping SWTOR under wraps except for carefully-vetted positive impressions so far. We'll see how good it really is when it hits open beta.

Riposte

(re)Playing FFXII and FFXIII back to back makes me even more disappointed with the change to auto-attack. Should have just added a gambit/attack pattern system or the auto-battle/ATB system from FFXIII or at least a queue system.

I am still waiting for the day a MMO(hopefully this one) allows us to control a party(1 PC+2 partners) with similar mechanics. Then allow us to group up parties with our friends, thus allowing them to create content for both small(or solo) and large parties.

Luigi87

Yeesh, I realize how little I know of this game, despite the time I've put into it...
Finally got around to getting a Retainer, stuck a bunch of shards I've accumulated on it, did a couple of leves, and came back to 100k gil...

Wow, Unknown got banned? I wonder what for?

Thanks for the links. The Auto attack doesn't mean much to me because I only play mage types in FFXIV. But the location guide will be helpful.

Edit: NVM, bout unknown. watatatow and unknown were used as examples to "not" post questionable images or gifs. Message received.

Munba

About new races and adding missing genders, from Yoshi-p:

Though new races are quite far off in the future, once various fixes are made, the PlayStation 3 version launches, and the timing is right for an expansion, we will be adding original races to the world of FFXIV.

First, to coincide with the PS3 launch, we will be adding female Roegadyns and other genders to those races that are currently lacking. The next step is to look into new races.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
staticneuron said:
Wow, Unknown got banned? I wonder what for?

Thanks for the links. The Auto attack doesn't mean much to me because I only play mage types in FFXIV. But the location guide will be helpful.

Edit: NVM, bout unknown. watatatow and unknown were used as examples to "not" post questionable images or gifs. Message received.
lol, they post some loli shit in the anime thread or something? hahahahaha

edit: new post on lodestone about synth changes.

jiggle

new race is useless unless we get the option to change (for free!)
at least new hair can be done through wig item

and lol
do ppl actually want a female galka?......

Riposte

Rentahamster said:
edit: new post on lodestone about synth changes.

Another change I am very ambivalent about. I hate seeing the game further and further from the original and more unique image, but at the same time it can't be said they executed that vision well enough for it to work.

Riposte said:
Another change I am very ambivalent about. I hate seeing the game further and further from the original and more unique image, but at the same time it can't be said they executed that vision well enough for it to work.

I welcome the change. I am somewhat casual in playing this game (cause of concurrent projects and events) and I never saw any great return for investing time to make items or to level up my crafting skill high. This will go along way to helping it seem to be more fun instead of a chore.

jiggle

Munba said:
They are not bad at all! See the limsa lady commander..

whoa
this
2625hyx.jpg

is a roegadyn?
i actually downloaded that earlier today and was gonna post it here to ask what elv npc is this
not what i expected atall

Does any know where I can find some goldsmith tutorials/guides?

There's not tutorial levequest for this and I don't even know where to start. Got some items all busted up that the NPC doesn't repair and I need goldsmith for it.

jiggle

Jinko said:
They said they would consider a one off recustomisation if they added new races/genders/hairs styles etc.

oh that's good

Metalmurphy said:
Does any know where I can find some goldsmith tutorials/guides?

There's not tutorial levequest for this and I don't even know where to start. Got some items all busted up that the NPC doesn't repair and I need goldsmith for it.

pick up a leve from NPC
some leves will give you all the ingredients immediately
while others will require to speak to another NPC first (the one where u are supposed to turn in the completed items)
equip a GS weapon
open menu and choose synthesize
a new menu will pop up
click on the option "requested items"
another menu will pop up, displaying all the craft leves you picked up
select the one u want
and it will automatically fill in all the ingredients for u
click primary hand and start crafting
once you completed all the items
speak to the NPC to turn it in and you will be rewarded with addition skill points
the leve usually give you 2 extra sets of ingredients
crafting them will get you extra sp
but doesn't affect the sp reward from the NPC

is this what u meant?
btw, to fix something, all u need is to be withing 10 ranks of the item
so if the item is a r10 ring
you can already repair it at r1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom