• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
jiggle said:
pick up a leve from NPC
some leves will give you all the ingredients immediately
while others will require to speak to another NPC first (the one where u are supposed to turn in the completed items)
equip a GS weapon
open menu and choose synthesize
a new menu will pop up
click on the option "requested items"
another menu will pop up, displaying all the craft leves you picked up
select the one u want
and it will automatically fill in all the ingredients for u
click primary hand and start crafting
once you completed all the items
speak to the NPC to turn it in and you will be rewarded with addition skill points
the leve usually give you 2 extra sets of ingredients
crafting them will get you extra sp
but doesn't affect the sp reward from the NPC

is this what u meant?
btw, to fix something, all u need is to be withing 10 ranks of the item
so if the item is a r10 ring
you can already repair it at r1

Well that helps alot but, which NPC are you referring to? On the guild location he told me to bring him 1 fine sand, I had no idea how I could craft that, or if it's even craftable, but I happened to have on in my inventory so i was able to finish it.

On the levequests location there was none that I could find for goldsmith. Only fishing, gathering and mining.

Cmagus

Metalmurphy said:
Well that helps alot but, which NPC are you referring to? On the guild location he told me to bring him 1 fine sand, I had no idea how I could craft that, or if it's even craftable, but I happened to have on in my inventory so i was able to finish it.

On the levequests location there was none that I could find for goldsmith. Only fishing, gathering and mining.

http://ffxiv.yg.com/

yellow gremlin search the items you want to make it will tell you what materials are needed and crafting level.In terms of leves you get them at the normal leve counter from the guy on the right.Once they are in your journal you can check the map and it will show you where to go.

For leves they give you the mats once you talk to the npc it says to go to open your menu and select synthesize and when it opens the crafting menu up the very top select the top option requested items.After that select the leve that is for that class and person and you'll begin crafting

jiggle

Metalmurphy said:

the guild request is something different/not related

you pick up craft leves from the same place you pick up the normal battle leves
there's a NPC standing to the side (behind the counter) that passes out leves for every crafts
talk to that NPC and choose from a list of crafts
then choose the appropriate rank for the craft (choose leves that's closest to your rank, but not lower)
depending on city you're in, you will be presented with various amount of leves
uldah tends to give out the most GS leves i believe
select the ones you want (or select them all)
you can do up to 8 crafts ones with every leve update
and these don't subtract from the 8 you get for battles
the 3 cities have different leves
so you may have to check them all if you only want to focus all 8 leves on 1 craft

the other NPC i was referring to
is the NPC you're supposed to go and turn in the completed leve
open menu > journal and select your leve
it will tell you where and to whom to turn the leve to

crafting with leve is great because it doesn't consume any of your own items
but it's also slower because you only get 8 per update

edit: to make crafting easier, go to the guild and talk to the right most NPC behind the counter
it will offer you craft facility service
this will increase your rank artificially by 1, 2 or 3, depending on the service u chooses
this is only in Uldah for GS
in other cities you can get +1 bump from the repair npc

Metalmurphy said:

wrong npc
that one only gives out leves for battle/faction/gathering
you want the npc standing next to this guy

Coldsnap

Hmm... looks like I'm gonna put my HQ iron gear project on hold because I only have the hard parts left to HQ and it looks like they are dropping them completely.

Jinko

Metalmurphy said:

You are talking to the wrong NPC :D, try the one standing next to him/her.

jiggle said:
whoa
this
is a roegadyn?
i actually downloaded that earlier today and was gonna post it here to ask what elv npc is this
not what i expected atall

She is packin' heat! Man, that race is all sorts of aggressive. I find them to be awesome.

Munba

Nice teaser post by yoshi-p about chocobos,

Hello, this is Yoshida, the producer/director.

I am very impressed with everyone's ideas for Chocobos! As I have stated before, we are working on the Chocobo growth system, but implementation may take longer than expected. (We are planning on implementing some gear for Personal Chocobos in patch 1.20. )

Final details will be revealed prior to the patch release, but here are a few teasers for you all:

- Rental Chocobos will be rented using gil. Prices will be very low, even players under rank 20 will be able to easily afford one.
- Rental Chocobos can be used for limited periods of time, so they will serve as short-term transportation supplements.
- Personal Chocobos will have no recast timer. (They can be called instantly, unless you are being attacked!)
- The use of Personal Chocobos is unlimited. (You can ride them for as long as you want!)
- Both types of Chocobos can be attacked by enemies while you ride them.
- If you receive too much damage while you are riding a Chocobo, you will be knocked off the Chocobo.
- We are currently working on the speed of the Chocobos. (There will be no speed difference based on the character’s race.)
- The sizes of the Chocobos will be different based on the character’s race.
- Rental and Personal Chocobos will have different appearances and different background music.

That’s about it. Since Personal Chocobos will become the basis of the Mount System, they have no recast timers and no riding time restrictions. However, they can be attacked by powerful monsters.

I hope you guys can ride the Chocobos well!

hgplayer1

So will there a long quest to raise your personal chocobo? Otherwise I dont see why anyone would not use the personal one versus the rental?

Londa said:
-_- I hate that they want Chocobo's to be attackable...

I liked the Chocobo riding system in FFXIII which sounds similar to this. In FFXIII you actually had to bump into a monster before they 'dinged' you and it was easy enough to avoid them. I don't know how I feel about monsters actively seeking blood from my Chocobo. Hopefully it's only "powerful" monsters as Yoshida stated.

hgplayer1 said:
So will there a long quest to raise your personal chocobo? Otherwise I dont see why anyone would not use the personal one versus the rental?

I believe I read that this was going to be a Grand Company quest. Not sure how difficult or long it will be though.

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
I liked the Chocobo riding system in FFXIII which sounds similar to this. In FFXIII you actually had to bump into a monster before they 'dinged' you and it was easy enough to avoid them. I don't know how I feel about monsters actively seeking blood from my Chocobo. Hopefully it's only "powerful" monsters as Yoshida stated.

That makes it worse though. Powerful monsters to me are the handful of creatures that can one shot me. I would have hoped to use a chocobo to run past them.

Londa

Banned
For a MMO, Chocobo's being able to be attacked is a bad idea. Unless the chocobos will also fight against the attacking monster.

Luigi87

Londa said:
For a MMO, Chocobo's being able to be attacked is a bad idea. Unless the chocobos will also fight against the attacking monster.

That'd be fantastic.
Pet system!

Since only personal Chocobos can wear gear though (and only once 1.20 comes round), I imagine rental Chocobos getting their asses kicked.

Of course I also imagine one will be able to target their own Chocobo and cast healing spells on it.

suzu

This game is confusing as hell. :( Am I suppose to level all these crafts just to make one lowbie weapon? I can't seem to find any to buy from the market search thing.

I'm like, rank 14 LNC and still using the starter equipment lol.

Luigi87

suzu said:
This game is confusing as hell. :( Am I suppose to level all these crafts just to make one lowbie weapon? I can't seem to find any to buy from the market search thing.

I'm like, rank 14 LNC and still using the starter equipment lol.

Are you searching the Market Wards in Ul'dah? If not, that's your problem. Nobody bothers to really place retainers anywhere but Ul'dah, since it just simplifies things.

And once 1.19 comes out, crafting is going to be much simpler. IE: Removal of requiring parts for crafts.

ZiZ

jiggle said:
whoa
this
2625hyx.jpg

is a roegadyn?
i actually downloaded that earlier today and was gonna post it here to ask what elv npc is this
not what i expected atall

where did you get that picture? are we able to find her in the game? what about the other grand company leaders?

Riposte

Chocobos being attackable is balanced out by personal ones being freely summonable. I think I prefer it this way rather than FFXI(costy and safe) or just it being completely safe and free.

Allard

Riposte said:
Chocobos being attackable is balanced out by personal ones being freely summonable. I think I prefer it this way rather than FFXI(costy and safe) or just it being completely safe and free.

Its pretty obvious actually why they need to be attacked in the field. Chocobos aren't going to be the 'safe' mount that takes you where ever you want to go in the field in this game. They will become a part of you, they will have their own growth and customization. Yoshida already mentioned having chocobos get equipped with armor and gear while riding in the field and that chocobos (and other mounts to come in the game) could even fight with you. These are all things coming in the future and having them get damaged by other monsters gives meaning to these new systems. Get new gear for the chocobo that sustains damage more, get gear that can out run or evade mob moves. You get aggro and get forced to dismount, fight alongside the chocobo to take out the aggressor and then get back on without any delay after its done.

All these features would have little to zero meaning if they were the passive stealth chicks they were in FFXI (and every other Final Fantasy game for that matter) it was a trade off they clearly felt opened up more opportunities for growth in this game.

Munba

Allard said:
Its pretty obvious actually why they need to be attacked in the field. Chocobos aren't going to be the 'safe' mount that takes you where ever you want to go in the field in this game. They will become a part of you, they will have their own growth and customization. Yoshida already mentioned having chocobos get equipped with armor and gear while riding in the field and that chocobos (and other mounts to come in the game) could even fight with you. These are all things coming in the future and having them get damaged by other monsters gives meaning to these new systems. Get new gear for the chocobo that sustains damage more, get gear that can out run or evade mob moves. You get aggro and get forced to dismount, fight alongside the chocobo to take out the aggressor and then get back on without any delay after its done.

All these features would have little to zero meaning if they were the passive stealth chicks they were in FFXI (and every other Final Fantasy game for that matter) it was a trade off they clearly felt opened up more opportunities for growth in this game.

Exactly this. And i like it where it could bring in the future.

Jinko

Yea that mount system isn't really new, You can be attacked on most mounts in MMO's, I do like the addition of armor though, as long as it doesn't take up space in our inventory.

Would be even better if Chocobo's had their own inventory.

I really need to get these dungeons/company quests done before they release more content lol.

Teknoman

Rental and Personal Chocobos will have different appearances and different background music
Nice. Whats with people complaining about crafting being made a little simpler?

Allard said:

That makes it all good then. That sounds awesome. So choco's aren't just a made of transportation but more like a summoned friend that can help you out. That is very cool.

Rawk Hawk said:
Proof of slave labor in Eorzea, free the Roegadyn!

Ehh!! Don't like it? Then go back to limsa lominsa and become a pirate. If not, be quiet and continue making our jewelry! >.<

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member

Rawk Hawk

staticneuron said:
On a serious note, do you normally grind your crafting class or do you just do leves?
I'm no expert on the subject, but I do grind most of my SP. I do leves as well, but I have blacksmith like 12 and goldsmithing 18 right now, and most of it has been grinding.

Luigi87 said:
Well... That explains why I never saw Red Dot before... It's blue!
I think you under estimate the sneakiness.

Skilletor

So I just bought a new PC. I was planning on waiting for the ps3 version, but now that I'm able I might jump in early.

Is this game good yet? I played FFXI a lot and loved it (65 BLM).

Negative impressions from launch made me :(, but I'm wondering if it's gotten better. Can somebody give me a rundown?

Allard

Skilletor said:
So I just bought a new PC. I was planning on waiting for the ps3 version, but now that I'm able I might jump in early.

Is this game good yet? I played FFXI a lot and loved it (65 BLM).

Negative impressions from launch made me :(, but I'm wondering if it's gotten better. Can somebody give me a rundown?

It's better but its not 'quite' there yet where I would recomend it to someone, but if you can play it for free or for a small fee to get the game codes, its free to play online right now and you can decide for yourself.

There is still a lot of things not implemented that I would consider required for an MMORPG and wouldn't recomend to my friends unless I could static with them (Mail and properly functioning guild commands along with player search) but the foundation for the game that was horrible is finally getting to a point where its actually fun on a day to day basis.

If they really implement all that they intend to implement in the next patch, at 'that' point I might recomend it to people not in my close friend group. It still won't solve the major issues I have with it, but there should be a lot more content and focus that it won't matter for new people and it should hopefully be fun for them without too much effort :). Its fun now, but I still feel like it needs a little more time in the cooker. But if you can get the game codes its free to play, you can come and go as you please without consequence :)

Having a blast playing Conjurer after a certain period of "Meh" as an Archer. The gathering and crafting system (currently, I'm a Botanist and Carpenter) still mystify me, and the numerous guides on the subject aren't really helping me very much. At this point, I've pretty much shelved crafting until the changes start rolling in.

Luigi87

DimmuBurgerKing said:
Having a blast playing Conjurer after a certain period of "Meh" as an Archer. The gathering and crafting system (currently, I'm a Botanist and Carpenter) still mystify me, and the numerous guides on the subject aren't really helping me very much. At this point, I've pretty much shelved crafting until the changes start rolling in.

That's how I feel. I think the idea of how crafting is present is really cool, but it is too much for me to grasp, so I've resolved to selling my crystals and shards, and then buying the equipment I need with the profit.
(Though at the least I am working to level up say, Armorer, so I can do my own repairs)

Luigi87

Nope -- mainly because I couldn't locate anyone in the LS before, because it never occurred to me to check people with a blue dot as the LS symbol >.>

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Luigi87 said:
Nope -- mainly because I couldn't locate anyone in the LS before, because it never occurred to me to check people with a blue dot as the LS symbol >.>
Good lord, all this time I thought you were playing on a different server because you never messaged any of us.

Give one of us a tell, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom