• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

Teknoman said:
What time would that usually be for people in North America? Around evening/night, or early morning?

Anyway, since we still dont have LSmes functions, i'm gonna repost this here now that things are heating up again:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/starsofdestiny

Also we're supposed to attack Totorak again Sunday evening/night.

GMT is -5 EST or -8 PST

Opps answered already.

Im hoping this live dev letter thing will have news about the dungeon finder he hinted at a few months back.

Just finished looking at the patch notes. Wow. They are really working hard on making stuff interesting. Can't wait to start from scratch as soon as the patch hits.

Munba

Strangely, there are some images in the patch notes, not appearing in the list:

[dev1017] The Materia System has been implemented.
Under <Creating Materia>

*The image that show which item cannot convert to materia*
1214_29.png

Under <Tiers of Materia>
*The image that show different in materia stat even it's the same name and tier*
1214_52.png

Under *Attaching Materia *
- This image show sample of item that cannot attach materia
1214_29.png

Under <Augmented Materia Melder>
1214_35.png

Another pic
1214_53.png

Under
[dev1130] A new action has been added for miners, botanists, and fishers.

1214_42.jpg

Thanks to Petdo on the official forums to find them. Dunno why the hell they don't put the images larger.. =_=

Btw, majestic patch. I'm very interested to see the new low dungeon and if it has a new music.

edit: noticed there are 9 different chest keys in the new low-lev dungeon, so i'd assume it'll be pretty big.

Khrno

Londa said:
Tekno I am on another server... I forgot the name.

Figaro*

And I haven't seen you online in ages, even tho the game is getting better and better. You should log in more often, I'll pl you.

Londa

Banned
Khrno said:
Figaro*

And I haven't seen you online in ages, even tho the game is getting better and better. You should log in more often, I'll pl you.

I'm on right now, trying to figure out the companies thing.

desa

Don't forget guys, you'll need to pick a grand company city before you can get your own chocobo. So if you got seals in multiple cities, I would start using them. They should have put the materia mender in one of the other two cities. God I hate Uldah. Open up Neo-Jueno already. I mean Ishgard.

I'm on the Rabanastre server if anyone's looking for an active LS and friends. I'm pretty giddy about this patch.

I'm on Figaro. I haven't logged on since patch 1.15 around January or February. I'm planning to come back and check things out again around patch 1.20 when the job system is introduced.

Teknoman

Lyphen said:
I should be making my 'real' character on Lumblum, right?

Yeah Lindblum, but there are also people on Rabanastre and Figaro, so you've got a choice of those if you want to jump in with other GAF members.

Pick Lindblum.

Also from a rep post today:

Hey just a heads up:

Bayohne said:
I wanted to post a heads up that Yoshida has confirmed that "Those who defeat Ifrit in a party formed exclusively of members from their own Grand Company will earn greater rewards" only applies to the level 25+ battle (Bowl of Embers [Normal]) and not the high level one.

He also mentioned that the bonus earned when all 3 grand companies are represented in the party will be implemented in the future and again reiterates, please choose the Grand Company you want to. The choice is yours.

Awesome. Alright everyone, cast off those company restraints and go with your first choices.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Judging by the number of people who sign up for those sites like ffxivpro and pads and stuff, I'd say Lindblum is one of the more populated servers (of English speakers, anyway).

I wish there was world shift so you guys could join us. The majority of GAF plays on Lindblum.

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
I'm on Figaro. I haven't logged on since patch 1.15 around January or February. I'm planning to come back and check things out again around patch 1.20 when the job system is introduced.

Leveling is so much faster now that you might as well quit Figaro and join Lindblum instead if you're seriously going to resume playing the game.

Teknoman

Unknown Soldier said:
Leveling is so much faster now that you might as well quit Figaro and join Lindblum instead if you're seriously going to resume playing the game.

Pretty much, unless you've already got social/LS ties on your server.

Btw send me a message or something with your Steam name if it doesnt match your in game name.

Ronok

So I've been really out of the loop for a long time... How are things going right now with the game? Enough changed to jump back in?

Jinko

Riposte said:
Team Adders, who is with me? I want to do the low level ifrit battle, but not overpower it.

My THM is 28 at the moment, I'm up for it, assuming I'm on the same time as you.

Finally got 45 Rank dungeon done last night thanks to all that helped :D

Can't say I like the fact they made the dungeons so you just bullet train through the trash just to despawn it with a device, would have been better to have 3-4 smaller fights and 2 proper boss fights, time limit needs to go too.

Whogie

KERxq.png

:/ I was on yesterday and the day before.

Ronok said:
So I've been really out of the loop for a long time... How are things going right now with the game? Enough changed to jump back in?
Big patch is going up in a few days, but it still needs a lot of work.

panda21

seen this at retail for £7.50 and i'm really tempted to try it but i'm not sure

is there a subscription fee at the moment? how much is it? is it possible to solo?

also since i have no dvd drive on my PC, could i rip it to an iso on my laptop and install it from that?

Whogie

No fee. Probably not until they think it's good enough to release on the PS3.
I've done nothing but solo.
I see no reason ISO won't work. It just needs to install, and it's HDD from there.

Ravidrath

panda21 said:
seen this at retail for £7.50 and i'm really tempted to try it but i'm not sure

is there a subscription fee at the moment? how much is it? is it possible to solo?

also since i have no dvd drive on my PC, could i rip it to an iso on my laptop and install it from that?

There is no subscription fee yet, and there is no indication when it will start up. It's basically free until it's worth paying for.

The game is very solo friendly - there's a lot of solo-oriented content, and you can assemble your character's arsenal from any classes' abilities. For example, you can put healing spells onto your melee fighter, etc.

And, yes, you should be able to rip it and install it that way.

panda21

oh sweet, thanks guys. i thought i remembered reading somewhere that they werent charging for it because it sucked, but the official website is really useless for actually finding out about the game

Teknoman

Well its not set in concrete, and we'll probably end up doing multiple runs (get off work at 6:30 pm, which I guess would be 12:30am) You guys can start earlier if you want.

panda21

oh man this is confusing

it wants me to add 'options' to my squeenix account, and now its asking for my credit card details. do i have to pay to create a character or something?

edit: oh wait but its all free. man this is dumb

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
panda21 said:
oh man this is confusing

it wants me to add 'options' to my squeenix account, and now its asking for my credit card details. do i have to pay to create a character or something?

edit: oh wait but its all free. man this is dumb
I don't think you have to enter your credit card info. Or it might work different for UK people.

Might want to google for answers, some of the fansite forums had threads about this issue.

Ashodin

Rentahamster said:
I don't think you have to enter your credit card info. Or it might work different for UK people.

Might want to google for answers, some of the fansite forums had threads about this issue.
You still gotta enter CC info, but its all free. Which means when they start charging they will charge you without notice! YAY!

JK. They will announce that I think ahead of time.

suzu

I think I just clicked to add Crysta or whatever that fake SE money is called. I never actually input my CC info anywhere.

Probably will come back when the patch comes out. I only played it a tiny bit when I bought it a little while ago.

Ken

Maxrpg said:
You still gotta enter CC info, but its all free. Which means when they start charging they will charge you without notice! YAY!

JK. They will announce that I think ahead of time.

Can I enter CC info, make an account, and remove CC info afterwards?

Riposte

The more I think about the Materia system the worse it seems to me(while also being a missed opportunity to make currently inferior stat-less gear more interesting/useful). Other than the fact the game desperately needs more stats from gear, I don't see anything good about it. How bad it is really depends on how overpowering stacking to 4 will be. The fact that will end in a ruined piece of gear and 4 ruined materia(potentially gained from grinding) for 90% of the people trying does the opposite effect of balancing lol.

EDIT: I forgot. Another good thing about it is that if gear becomes highly disposable crafters will probably constantly be busy as cooks were in XI.

EDIT: I predict they will change it eventually, especially now they are in a frenzy to satisfy players. I look at it and I see XI's HQ crafting randomness(even with material break) and potential for lackluster results like XI's augments from Fields of Valor. I see so much heartbreak ahead.

Ken

Maxrpg said:
I don't think you can.
:<

Oh, I also have a question about registering the CE items. Will I enter in my CDKey first and then be prompted for the CE item codes? Actually, should I even bother redeeming them; are they only useful for the early levels?

GunbladeV

Banned
Im sure this has been mentioned, but the targeting system in this game is frustrating unless i am missing something. What is the reasoning behind having someone targetted, clicking a spell, and then having to hit enter or click them again? Is there a way using macros or a setting to remove the hitting enter or clicking them again?

Teknoman

Munba said:
It seems the "new" composer for the extra tracks seems to be Masayoshi Soken,
http://blog.jp.square-enix.com/music/cm_blog/2011/10/ffxiv_119bgm.html

You can hear some samples tracks from 1.19 patch. And wow, some of those samples are REALLY good (i think the first piece is the company chocobo theme). I never heard about him but he composed some Front Mission, Dawn of Mana and Drakengard 2 ost. I like it!

Whoa, very nice stuff. I guess that new fanfare will be for Grand Company victories?

Oh and:

jEwCjxVAF3btQ.jpg

jXi1zpKos8VrW.jpg

jhhtoplkg25cB.jpg

j3nRFyRlc3MA4.jpg

jWe1mrIBcDX6I.jpg

jbldN4m3XDbsR5.jpg

jblTS3v3FrSaYJ.jpg

jhjmnMEfRAYBv.jpg

Allard

it looks like they are in the middle of upgrading the lodestone right now too. They added special tabs for all 3 companies and a lot of history is in them now, but its clearly in the middle of maintenance since not everything is loading properly and text can only be seen if you highlight it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom