• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow they're dropping the physical levels? It's been a while since I payed attention to this game... i'll probably jump in in about a year or so when i've had enough of FFXI. Maybe there will be even more nice changes in place then like changing the class names and using classic FF wordage!

Ravidrath

BTW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es9N11p_1g

<3

-WindYoshi- said:
Wow they're dropping the physical levels? It's been a while since I payed attention to this game... i'll probably jump in in about a year or so when i've had enough of FFXI. Maybe there will be even more nice changes in place then like changing the class names and using classic FF wordage!

Classic FF jobs are coming in, but differently than you might expect.

Basically, you'll be able to turn your Gladiator into a Paladin, an Archer into a Bard, etc. by completing quests.

They don't replace them, but they're basically concentrated, super-typed party-oriented versions of the classes. Some abilities will be locked away, and they'll get new ones.

Jinko

I hope the beastmen strongholds have music which transistions like the dungeons, its a pretty nifty effect and the kobold camp music already sounds full of win.

Ravidrath

Jinko said:
I hope the beastmen strongholds have music which transistions like the dungeons, its a pretty nifty effect and the kobold camp music already sounds full of win.

Yeah, I really liked that in Toto-rak, and wonder why they did it that way. I guess because raids are faster-paced? You'd never hear either battle music or dungeon music if they didn't do the transitions.

Since strongholds are open world and thus slower-paced, I don't think you'll get your wish.

Teknoman

Does the Darkhold have the same music as Totorak? Really like it since it reminds me of the Magitek factory from FFVI (i'm guessing because Garleans used magitek to block the two areas off from others.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
onemic said:
Has the game improved much since the launch? or are most of the original complaints/issues still present?
It went from fucking terrible to just mildly terrible. Big improvement. Nevertheless, many of us find enjoyment in it.

Onemic

Rentahamster said:
It went from fucking terrible to just mildly terrible. Big improvement. Nevertheless, many of us find enjoyment in it.

So i guess I should stay away then. Why must FF MMOs always be shit?

Riposte

Unknown Soldier said:
That's because the Great Uematsu has no flaws. He is perfect.

If I am correct Uematsu didn't even compose the best songs in the game, e.g. the company themes.

EDIT: I believe all MMOs fall in the range of terrible to mediocre, with FFXIV being worthwhile to me because it is by far the most aesthetically pleasing(out of all MMOs and even Final Fantasy) and pieces and bits of it being an evolution of FFXI(though right now in the process of being more and more like FFXI in the process of "improving").

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I am kinda tempted to remake my character on the GAF server but I really don't want to have to relevel my character from scratch.

Conceited said:
I am kinda tempted to remake my character on the GAF server but I really don't want to have to relevel my character from scratch.

Leveling up should be faster now after the patch but I understand you.

kiryogi

Banned
IonicSnake said:
That's what I keep hearing after every patch! And I admit it has improved a lot... But I'm still not R30 lol.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
IonicSnake said:

Well, I'm only 38 right now so it wouldn't be that bad I guess. I regret that I didn't start on the GAF server in the first place since the 2 friends I went with have both moved on to other MMO's.

kiryogi said:
That's what I keep hearing after every patch! And I admit it has improved a lot... But I'm still not R30 lol.

Well every patch didn't bring EXP chain. :p I'm of course talking about war and magic jobs. Crafting is still slow to level. Also doing battlecraft leves is very good that gives quick and a lot of sp.

Conceited said:
Well, I'm only 38 right now so it wouldn't be that bad I guess. I regret that I didn't start on the GAF server in the first place since the 2 friends I went with have both moved on to other MMO's.

If you want to move then I say do it now, it will only feel harder to move the more you level there. Once you get 38 on the gaf server you'll be happy you moved. ;)

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
IonicSnake said:
If you want to move then I say do it now, it will only feel harder to move the more you level there. Once you get 38 on the gaf server you'll be happy you moved. ;)

Yeah that's probably true, I guess its too much to ask for for them to implement paid server transfers when they have so much on their plate already, but that would be ideal. Ah well, I will mull it over in the meantime.

Jinko

As self pointed mayor of Lindblum I welcome the one and all !!

We could probably do some low level grind parties to help level you guys up, try this new xp chain business out.

Eccocid

Jinko said:
As self pointed mayor of Lindblum I welcome the one and all !!

We could probably do some low level grind parties to help level you guys up, try this new xp chain business out.

Yeah i am up for it! Wanna start leveling up GLA or MRD!

Eccocid

Unknown Soldier said:
That's because the Great Uematsu has no flaws. He is perfect.

Heh..Did he compose that looping summer event festival music thing that they were broadcasting everywhere in the game?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Conceited said:
Yeah that's probably true, I guess its too much to ask for for them to implement paid server transfers when they have so much on their plate already, but that would be ideal. Ah well, I will mull it over in the meantime.
IonicSnake got to rank 50 in less than a month. With the coming additions of EXP chains and more beatman stuff, I can see ranking up being even easier and more entertaining.

Munba

Damn lag i can't see it.. i only saw a new area drawing! T_T Hope someone put this video on youtube after..

Jinko

Munba said:
Damn lag i can't see it.. i only saw a new area drawing! T_T Hope someone put this video on youtube after..

That was a concept art for the new black shroud supposedly. although i couldn't really see it that well, they will be talking more about the new map stuff in the next live letter.

hey guys, the inclusion of tutorials is this week or next week?

This week, although not sure how fleshed out they will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom