• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kandinsky

Rentahamster said:
You don't know that for sure. The new stuff has been pretty good so far, the chimera will probably be allright
Hence the "you can bet" part :p, I'm just saying, it really looks close to khimaira, I'm expecting it to animate almost the same as well, just like Goblins/Flans did.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm on a chocobo!

Holy shit...I feel a little embarrassed, but...I got a little teary eyed when I rode the chocobo and heard the music...

Terproerg

wtf, i cant kill anything anymore. My spells only do 40dmg instead of the 100+ they use to. im lvl 17. i don't understand whats going on!

Eccocid

Terproerg said:
wtf, i cant kill anything anymore. My spells only do 40dmg instead of the 100+ they use to. im lvl 17. i don't understand whats going on!

Must be the point allocation? Oh it sounds better tho..game was so easy!

Londa

Banned
Rentahamster said:
I'm on a chocobo!

Holy shit...I feel a little embarrassed, but...I got a little teary eyed when I rode the chocobo and heard the music...

Spank that Chocobo

This looks nice
87a7c279a5838894fbddb345e84675c3.jpg

jiggle

didn't do much fighting to be pissed at the nerf yet
but from the little that i play
it seems really really bad :/

Toth said:
Nice white outfit! Any good stats on it?
they're ok
not as good as the r45 stuffs or the ones made from felt

13yf8gm.jpg

poor sucker looking way too happy

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
So can anyone confirm that the nerf is serious? If it has seriously affected leveling speed that might make me reconsider moving to Lindblum.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Conceited said:
So can anyone confirm that the nerf is serious? If it has seriously affected leveling speed that might make me reconsider moving to Lindblum.
I dunno what they're on about. this shit is glorious!

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Jinko said:
No you pick one company and then do the quests in that box.

Hopefully Gromph will upload his patch file for those having trouble, he may have gone to bed though.

Some interesting new monster designs they should add more new types more often, mandragora and Tonberry next patch go.

Ouch, i saw MU link so i didn't brother to upload lol, if you need just yell :)

Allard

Conceited said:

There has been no big nerf, its just different. Monsters are a LOT stronger now and each level means a whole lot more for your character in terms of strength, especially after lvl 35 with the change in the attribute curve... heres the thing; the monsters are also the same way. When you make stats mean something well then suddenly the stats on the monsters mean something too, the levels of strength have tightened. You can't kill things with ease 10+ levels above you now, that is what parties are for. Its like FFXI, you can reliably kill stuff maybe 1-2 levels above your level and with good gear you can solo 4-5 above level although with down time. But you get a ALOT more EXP to compensate. 720 EXP for a 4 level differential kill, 300+ for 1-2 levels above you, and 120-200 EXP kill for things about 1-5 levels below you. You can still get the same if not better EXP then you could before the patch, you just have to find the right camps, camps themselves won't last as long as they did before the patch either. Also with the new link system soloing can be cumbersome if you are not prepared or at a good camp.

As a lvl 18 Lancer I decided to check out the new lowby dungeon and get some EXP, lots of aggro mobs all bunched up together, they will call for help and they will pound your face in if you don't have a healer or additional damage dealers to kill them quicker. Its more balanced, still possible to solo, but there are situations now where you will actually want to have parties around, even for smaller stuff in your level range. A good change imo. Also those links? At least on my lancer I could survive a good 3-4 crab link for a good 20-30 seconds but I just didn't have enough healing power/damage to outlast the links before I died killing off the second crab. This dungeon has areas with like 30+ aggro mobs all in the same room, they won't all link but they will respwn fast so you need a party just to pull groups of mobs and kill them fast enough so you can get past the room before you get mobs respwning on you.

Munba

As a lvl 18 Lancer I decided to check out the new lowby dungeon and get some EXP, lots of aggro mobs all bunched up together, they will call for help and they will pound your face in if you don't have a healer or additional damage dealers to kill them quicker. Its more balanced, still possible to solo, but there are situations now where you will actually want to have parties around, even for smaller stuff in your level range. A good change imo. Also those links? At least on my lancer I could survive a good 3-4 crab link for a good 20-30 seconds but I just didn't have enough healing power/damage to outlast the links before I died killing off the second crab. This dungeon has areas with like 30+ aggro mobs all in the same room, they won't all link but they will respwn fast so you need a party just to pull groups of mobs and kill them fast enough so you can get past the room before you get mobs respwning on you.

Has the new low-lv dungeon own music theme?

Teknoman

Conceited said:

Dated equipment also has a large effect on your character now. Some pieces have changed levels and even had stats altered, so make sure to find...non-dated equipment as soon as you can. In addition to what others have already said, people complaining about nerfs...actually arent " doing it right " this time.

I think armor that has a grey highlight provides no bonuses to your stats either.

Eccocid

Teknoman said:
Dated equipment also has a large effect on your character now. Some pieces have changed levels and even had stats altered, so make sure to find...non-dated equipment as soon as you can. In addition to what others have already said, people complaining about nerfs...actually arent " doing it right " this time.

I think armor that has a grey highlight provides no bonuses to your stats either.

Everything i have....is dated now bohohoho. i hate vintage clothing's!

Teknoman

Oh also:

[dev1030] The distribution of enemies in several areas has been adjusted.
In conjunction with this change, the following areas have seen an increase in enemy numbers in order to serve as hunting grounds.
Central Shroud, Bentbranch
Central Shroud, Humblehearth
North Shroud, Emerald Moss
North Shroud, Treespeak
South Shroud, Tranquil Pass
Lower La Noscea, Bearded Rock
Lower La Noscea, Cedarwood
Western La Noscea, Skull Valley
Eastern La Noscea, Bloodshore
Upper La Noscea, Iron Lake
Central Thanalan, Black Brush
Eastern Thanalan, Drybone
Western Thanalan, Horizon's Edge
Western Thanalan, Nophica's Wells
Coerthas Eastern Lowlands, Fields of Glory

jiggle

damage nerf is so weird
i can't even 1shot lv1 mobs anymore with thm or conj regular attack
but mobs like goats and those lowerend NMs fall way more easily

one thing i REALLY REALLY hate is the timing of your action "clicks"
now, i gotta wait for the previous action to completely stop before doing anything else
or the next action won't register at all

desa

XP chains is the goodness. Duoed with a buddy and we pulled about 70k in a little over an hour. Chaining them and fighting 2-3 mobs at once is fun. Makes grinding a little more exciting.

Rawk Hawk

Teknoman said:

That's super awesome, because I bought all new armor about 2 days before the update (the Iron Plate set r48 for my GLA), and it's all Dated at this point. Glad I wasted the money on them.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The patch took forever to DL for me, so I wasn't able to log yesterday. :( Sad. But today, I plan to log and try and take advantage of exp chains and such. If anyone is looking to level some lower r15-20 jobs, let me know.

kiryogi

Banned
There's a damage nerf on lower levels now wut. D: I'll actually log in later today to check out the patch. But I've been going on Castlevania all night, so bed time.

Allard

Munba said:
Has the new low-lv dungeon own music theme?

Its silent but it has its own battle theme, its cool at first but it gets grating when you realize its starting because 2-3 little gripper crabs aggro you out of no where. Also that reminds me, the new dungeon has small little crabs for mobs :), when you die there endless 'clicking' in the silent environment can drive you insane with how many of them there are.

lol51

I'm ready to give this game another try. Had a 40 BOT 38 ALC on Karnak but LS slowly started going inactive so i decided to put game on backburner until major patches.

Going to start fresh on Lindblum but with conjurer. Seems like GAF LS is still active and can I join? Also is there a teamspeak/vent ?

Name is "Sir Ultros" and timezone is EST.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
kiryogi said:
There's a damage nerf on lower levels now wut. D:

I'm pretty happy about it. It's another reason not to come back.

Teknoman

Damage nerf? Or is it we have actual stats that match low levels when switching to a lvl 1-10 class?

Rawk Hawk said:
That's super awesome, because I bought all new armor about 2 days before the update (the Iron Plate set r48 for my GLA), and it's all Dated at this point. Glad I wasted the money on them.

Well its not COMPLETELY useless, just less useful than whatever non dated stuff fits your rank. Plus you can turn it into materia, so theres that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom