• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

lol51

thanks everyone for kind words :)

Jinko said:
lol51 is there anyway you could incorporate a filter to look for gear with specific stats, filter out classes that can't wear certain armour etc.

Great database so far :)

I just added an item attribute filter. Which is good for now. So lets say you want to an item with Magic accuracy >= 10... just put it in the filter. Its quite a long list of item attributes... I dont think other sites go this indepth for attributes

Ill add more stuff criteria as i keep needing to find items for my guy.

Leveling is actually stupidly fast. Stupid. I was in a party where a guy went from 48 to 50 in about an hour and a half of killing dudes in the Amal'jaa stronghold.

Riposte said:
I'm on, was very hard to peel myself away from Dark Souls(and equally hard to keep it away). Tekno, will we be doing Ifrit or NMs for Ifrit tonight?

I want to log on but I am still trying to beat demon souls and rage while dark souls is staring at me from the shelf.

But I need to log and level before this fast leveling goes away.

Riposte

staticneuron said:
I want to log on but I am still trying to beat demon souls and rage while dark souls is staring at me from the shelf.

But I need to log and level before this fast leveling goes away.

Feels like a wasted opportunity before Jobs and stuff are implemented if I just rush to 50 on my main class.

Riposte said:
Feels like a wasted opportunity before Jobs and stuff are implemented if I just rush to 50 on my main class.

Not if the Jobs are based on level of classes. If it is like the tactics way of leveling then the higher you get the classes the wider options of jobs are open for you.

But this is all speculation on my part.

Jinko

lol51 said:
I just added an item attribute filter. Which is good for now. So lets say you want to an item with Magic accuracy >= 10... just put it in the filter. Its quite a long list of item attributes... I dont think other sites go this indepth for attributes

Ill add more stuff criteria as i keep needing to find items for my guy.

Yea thats really good :)

I would love to see someone design a gear optimizer, ie put in your class and level and the database will match the best gear for the stats you prefer.

For example
Con > 50 > INT > PIE > MND

I know wow has a lot of site that do this http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/bronzebeard/droodia#v1-z1 for example.

I duno how hard this would be to do, probably a lot of work, just throwing an idea out there though /grin

It's really too bad I dont know shit about programming otherwise i would give it a try.

lol51

Jinko said:
I know wow has a lot of site that do this http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/bronzebeard/droodia#v1-z1 for example.

I duno how hard this would be to do, probably a lot of work, just throwing an idea out there though /grin

It's really too bad I dont know shit about programming otherwise i would give it a try.

Unfortunately, I don't know the game enough to develop an itemrating / gearscore algorithm. I also think that doing this while the games is having a major overhaul in stats/item attributes would result in lots of reworking the formula.

Jinko

lol51 said:
Unfortunately, I don't know the game enough to develop an itemrating / gearscore algorithm. I also think that doing this while the games is having a major overhaul in stats/item attributes would result in lots of reworking the formula.

Doesn't need to be an very detailed algorithm as such, just needs to return results in the order of most favoured stats.

So say I put in CON > 50 > INT > PIE > MND

It would bring back results only with those stats and requirments and displayed the results based on the order of INT > PIE > MND.

But you are probably right that its not worth doing this at the moment with the game being in a state of change.

Wazzim

Banned
Played the game again since (May I think) and HOLY SHIT.
I could actually TRAVEL this time around, got on a ferry and entered a new kingdom, ready to do some new quests. The party system has a search function now, game runs better, UI is faster etc.
Great job SE.

Rawk Hawk

Eoreapedia.com did that, you could click in the job's page, body armor for example that only they could wear. Then sort it by INT or MND. IT wasn't as good as what you are explaining Jinko, but along the same lines.

Riposte

staticneuron said:
Not if the Jobs are based on level of classes. If it is like the tactics way of leveling then the higher you get the classes the wider options of jobs are open for you.

But this is all speculation on my part.

Yeah, but then I wouldn't know what is like to level up as a Dragoon then(or what a level 30 Dragoon is like and how it feels to unlock abilities for by quests). I wouldn't have that reference point despite being a career Lancer.

NeoForte

Whogie said:
My friend and I started a linkshell, "Kupo Kupo" on Figaro if anyone's interested.

I'm on Figaro, hit me up a tell if you see me, Shuyuo Geirmund.

Anyway I've been doing the Grand Company quests so I can get on my track to getting a Choco. I've done all 3 Grand Comapnies basic quests and now time to choose one to really join and I can't make up my mind between Gridania an Limsa. My only friend in the game choose Gridania.....but I love the red armor from Limsa :(

Whogie

NeoForte said:
I'm on Figaro, hit me up a tell if you see me, Shuyuo Geirmund.

Anyway I've been doing the Grand Company quests so I can get on my track to getting a Choco. I've done all 3 Grand Comapnies basic quests and now time to choose one to really join and I can't make up my mind between Gridania an Limsa. My only friend in the game choose Gridania.....but I love the red armor from Limsa :(
Great! I'll keep an eye out for you.

lol51

finished the complex search item filter

search.png

some things i need to add in future: pagination, item category search, sort by stat value

Teknoman

Riposte said:
Yeah, but then I wouldn't know what is like to level up as a Dragoon then(or what a level 30 Dragoon is like and how it feels to unlock abilities for by quests). I wouldn't have that reference point despite being a career Lancer.

Got a point there...unless they have multiple versions of the quests for different levels, or just different tiers of job abilities, letting you go straight for II or III if you're a higher level.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Good shit with the Ifrit battles so far, folks. It's kinda hard since we're always running with different folks depending on who's online, but it's been fun.

Basically we need to get a feel for its attack patterns and learn how to dodge them. Also we need to get our DPS up more.

@dental I still think there's a role for THMs in this fight. Paralyze seems kinda useless but other debuffs like the dots, slow, and the absorb spells did okay.

lol51

musicjunky said:
@lol51 Can you add back the buttons to search by equipment type? That's the most helpful thing I think. Anyway, good work.

Yeah..i added a dropdown to select weapon type when running filter search.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Wow, you've gotten that site looking really nice in a very short amount of time. I'm impressed.

As far as feedback, I think for me, it would be helpful to be able to do a custom search, then copy and paste that custom search URL to share with others.

Riposte said:

This is so hardly the case it's kind of funny. Since I had "rank" 50 on two jobs before I quit in February, when I showed up again after the patch all I needed to do was catch up on the Grand Company join quests and take care of some other miscellaneous questing and I was ready to get in that instance and get my clock cleaned by hardmode Ifrit instead of spending time leveling or being powerleveled.

Speaking of powerleveling, we really should get a party together before patch 1.19a fixes it and PL the shit out of our lower level jobs to get that one skill we've always wanted. I really want Sentinel for instance, a few hours of PLing should get me GLA 36. I also want to hit the cap on THM and get PLing done on my CNJ so I can do magey things now that being a mage in this game isn't an endless cycle of eternal suffering.

Also, I seriously want to run the Darkhold before Oct. 17th just in case I really can get 2 x 4000 = 8000 seals. :3

Ashodin

Rentahamster said:
Good shit with the Ifrit battles so far, folks. It's kinda hard since we're always running with different folks depending on who's online, but it's been fun.

Basically we need to get a feel for its attack patterns and learn how to dodge them. Also we need to get our DPS up more.

@dental I still think there's a role for THMs in this fight. Paralyze seems kinda useless but other debuffs like the dots, slow, and the absorb spells did okay.
oh shi we're talking strategy. Are we really playing a game?

Eccocid

Unknown Soldier said:
Also, I seriously want to run the Darkhold before Oct. 17th just in case I really can get 2 x 4000 = 8000 seals. :3

Oh man i am up for DD run! Tried 4 times earlier this week.... It was hilarious with random people lol. Never passed the first boss lol.

Jinko said:
What seriously !

It's only a theory, don't get excited. Aenarion Estelvir was saying that he didn't get double seals when he did Toto-Rak, which is the only other GC quest which predates this patch.

I still want to run it though. I might not have much time left to do whatever it is I wanted to do when I came back to this game.

Eccocid

Help me!
I am kinda lost with the game now and playing without any aim lol.
Pug reached to 50 but i have dated gear.
My highest crafting skills are blacksmithing and goldsmithing which are 11 lol.
And i am low on gil now.
So should i spend rest of the week on crafting for making money?
I also started to that NM hunt quest for Ifrit but as i said before i am so ghetto on gear.
I got all other melee classes up to level 30 but maybe i will go 50 with archer and i don't even need to buy gear for it since everyone PL each other like crazy now.

To be honest i don't wan an spend time on crafting. What's the best way for farming for money? And I need those cobalt armors! Should i start gathering mats for those?

NeoForte

Ravidrath said:
So I want these features added to the mini-menu now.

Please help me make this a reality!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...and-Action-Swap-Shortcuts?p=384253#post384253

What annoys me more about the Mini Menu is when I do play the game with the gamepad (stupid Wine Mac version of FF14 and wonky gamepad compatibility :( ). Would be nice if one of the buttons...maybe the one that toggles to the status bar or something, could be used to bring the selection cursor to it for use.

Jinko

プロデューサ/ディレクタの吉田です。
Producer/Director Yoshida Here,

ポスト遅くなり失礼しました。また、いつも通りの長文で申し訳ありません。
Sorry for the delay on the post, sorry this post is long as usual.

まずは、今回の新レシピによる、カラーと性能差の仕様について、ご不便をお詫びいたします。
また、皆さんのフィードバックはごもっともと思いますので、
染色と性能差の今後について、対応の方針をお話しさせて頂きます。
First off with this times new recipes color and status different feature I apologize.
Also I believe everyone's feedbacks/comments are understandable therefore I would like to talk about future of coloring and status difference

そもそもFFXIVの根本にある仕様は、少ない装備バリエーションを
素材の色でなんとか性能差をつけ、下位と上位に分離するというある意味「水増し」の仕様でした。
これについては体制変更後に、根本から方針の見直しをして、
For foundation system in FFXIV we wanted to use small amount of equipment variation and add stat difference using material color to separate the lower/higher like water diluted (like water + oil, oil goes up... he's trying to say they used same gear over and over and used colors to set different level dunno English one but JP was like Pink gear R24 vs Rose gear R48ish? lol but that part.)
For this one once the structure is change we plan to change from the foundation.

* 「カラー」は個性を示すもの
"Color" gives it's uniqueness/individuality
* 「形状」は強さを示すもの
"Shape" shows the strength

ということで装備データの量産を進めています。
We are producing more equipment data as above.

ただし、現状まだこの方針にデータの準備が追いつけていない状態で、
そのために、元の思想が微妙に残り、混ざってしまったのが今回の原因です。
However currently the data preparation have not reached this goal yet,
therefore the original idea stayed and got mixed this time.

事前に仕様をお知らせをさせて頂いたにせよ、
最終GOサインを出したのは吉田ですので、仕様設計ミスの原因は吉田にあります。
申し訳ありません。
(ちなみに、また特定開発担当を匂わせる書き込みが散見されますが、
根拠もないですし、事実、担当者も違います。本当にそれだけはご理解ください)
Although we have mentioned this feature ahead of time, at the end I was the one that gave the final GO sign therefore the miss on feature structure is my fault.
I am sorry.
(also, there has been posts about certain staff member but there is no proof to back it up and in reality the person in charge is different. Please understand that)

皆さんのフィードバックを頂き、仕様を調整していこうと思っていますが、
一旦前提にある下記をご確認ください。
We will make adjustments as we hear everyone's feedbacks but please check the current idea below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
これまで染色について、吉田が具体的に明言するのを避けてきたのは、
カラーバリエーションを作る仕様が、現状の場合単純に「テクスチャ差し替え」で行われていたからです。
別のスレッドでポストした際にも簡単に触れていますが、吉田はやっぱり24色とか32色とか、
どの装備アイテムにでも、好みの色をつけてコーディネートしたいと思っています。
全身を真っ赤に染めたい人、真っ黒に染めたい人、部位ごとにカラーを変えてオシャレしたい人。
根本的なその欲求に対応するつもりです。
The reason I have been avoiding regarding the coloring until now is because the current system was using texture swapping to make the color variations.
I have posted in another thread but I would like 24 colors or 32 colors, be able to color any gear to any color and coordinate.
There are those that wants to make full on Red gear, Black gear, change color on each parts, we will be working on it so this can be done.

ただし、そのためにテクスチャでひたすら色を作って行くのは、PS3版にとっても低スペックPCにとっても、
自分たちの首を絞めることになってしまうため、そもそものアイテムデータに手を入れようとしています。
However, in order to do that by making more colors using texture for PS3 or low spec PC it will just strangle our neck, so we have to make adjustments to the actual item data.

ちょっと技術的ですが、マテリアルカラーを変更することで色替えに対応し、
染色とメモリを切り離してしまうことで、これを実現します。つい先日、検証含め確認できました。
よって、いずれこの準備ができた段階で「装備は好きな色に染められる」ようになります。
完成品+染料というレシピで、何度でも自由にカラーバリエーションを作ることが可能になります。
It's bit technical but we will make it so we can apply material color and separating the color and memory to make this possible. Just other day we were able to look into this and confirm. Once this feature is ready you will be able to to color the gear to any color you want to dye. This will make it possible where you can use Finished product + dye recipe to change the color variations freely.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

それが結果的に現状の状況になってしまったのは、
And reason why it became like current situation.

* 現状の各装備アイテムに用意されたカラーバリエーションの種類はマチマチ/バラバラ
currently the color variations set for each gear item is all different.
* テクスチャで用意されているためこれ以上増やせない
It's prepared as texture so can't add any more
* 色違いのアイテムはデータ内部的には別アイテム扱いのため追加が厳しい
For each color change it adds a separate item data therefore it's hard to add
* いずれ装備の性能と染色は切り離して再実装する(この際にカラーID化してデータを楽にします)
Will make it so the gear stat and coloring will be separated and re-released (In this case make color to color ID and make it easier for the data)
* 類似レシピからクラフターが意図的に性能差のあるアイテムを作れるようにしたい
Would like to make it so the crafters can producer items with different stats from similar recipe.

なんとかマチマチ/バラバラでも存在している色違いアイテムを活用したかったのと、
クラフターの性能違いアイテムの製作を結び付けてしまったのがミスでした。
もう少し時間をかけて対応すればよかったと反省しています。
Wanted to somehow use the different color items and it was a miss to include crafters to craft items with different stats.
I regret and should of put more time into this.

これを修正する方法は二つあります。
In order to fix this there are two methods

1. 完成品+染色のレシピを追加し実装されている色数分のアイテムを追加する
Add finished product + dye recipe and add items for same amount of colors available.
* ⇒暫定の力技対応ですが、根本的に「カラー」と「性能」がはっきり分離されます
Would require a lot of work temporarily but it will differentiate the color and status.
* ⇒懸念点はアイテム追加数が膨大になり作業時間がかかってしまうことです
For part we're worried is that this is taking a large amount of time to add numbers of items.
2. カラーID対応ができるまで色違い装備のクラス制限を「推奨」に変更する
Until color ID can be worked on making different color gear class restrictions to "optimal"
* ⇒アイテム数が肥大化することはないので対応は早めに可能です
Doesn't mean the amount of item will largely increase so it is possible to work on this quickly
* ⇒カラーをチョイスするために「性能」のチョイスが多少犠牲になる(マテリアで中和は可能ですが)
Since you're choosing the color it will affect the status (although it can be worked around with materia)

この2案で修正コストを検討中です。
We are looking at the repair costs with above 2 options.

吉田としては、やはり1の案で初期方針通りの対応をしたいのですが、
最速でも1.20までの期間、現状の状態が続いてしまうことになります。
(追加物量との勝負なので、他のコンテンツ追加/レシピ追加とコストを食い合う)
2の案は1.19aには間に合いませんが、その後に早めの対応が可能かもしれません。
(こちらもコスト精査中です)
For myself we want to make it work with the originally planned #1 option but this means current situation will continue till 1.20 timing at the earliest.
(It's fight against actual quantity so the actual cost of new content addition/recipe addition costs gets mixed.)

皆さんには、今しばらくのご辛抱とご不便をおかけしてしまいますが、
できるだけ早急に、コーディネイトの良さを復活させるために努力し、
内容確定し次第、また追ってご連絡致します。
For everyone this will be an inconvenience but we will try hard to make this change as fast as possible and bring back the good feature of coordination.
Once details are confirmed will update and let you know.

引き続きフィードバックをお待ちしています!
Will be waiting for your continuing comments/feedbacks!

Ravidrath

NeoForte said:
What annoys me more about the Mini Menu is when I do play the game with the gamepad (stupid Wine Mac version of FF14 and wonky gamepad compatibility :( ). Would be nice if one of the buttons...maybe the one that toggles to the status bar or something, could be used to bring the selection cursor to it for use.

I guess you haven't logged in since 1.19?

The Mini-Menu is now accessed by using the button that popped up the emote window.

lol51

Rentahamster said:
Wow, you've gotten that site looking really nice in a very short amount of time. I'm impressed.

As far as feedback, I think for me, it would be helpful to be able to do a custom search, then copy and paste that custom search URL to share with others.

The url now contains searchdata. I tried to shorten the stuff too so the URL can fit into game chat. I also added ability to filter search armor as well as filter out dated stuff. Search is near complete.

http://ffxiv-db.com/

Ravidrath

Jinko, that Selene girl is like Aspie A++ Deluxe.

I'm trying to get her to actually be constructive, but she seems like all she wants to do is keep people from competing against her. :p

Jinko

Ravidrath said:
Jinko, that Selene girl is like Aspie A++ Deluxe.

I'm trying to get her to actually be constructive, but she seems like all she wants to do is keep people from competing against her. :p

Haha you saw my post on the forums ? :O

Bit short tempered today lol

Teknoman

Moobabe said:
Yes we did Jinko... yes we did. In other news - powerlevelling is hilarious.

Breaking news:

From Reinhart's translation thread:

プロデューサ/ディレクタの吉田です。
Producer/Director Yoshida here,

遅くなってしまい恐縮ですが、吉田からも補足させてください。
Sorry for the delay but let me comment on this as well.

PLは本当に個々人によって単語の捉え方も違いますし、
先行するプレイヤーと、後発のプレイヤーの距離感を縮めるために、
ある程度許容するという方針にブレはありません。
それはあくまでボランティアだったり、PLする側のプレイ時間を消費することで、
仲間や家族、友達のために善意で行う行為だと思っているからです。
There are different feelings towards PL depending on the players view on it but the goal where having new players come closer to older players have not changed.
I believe this is because it's volunteer for the side doing the the PL by spending his/her time helping his friend or family member and doing for good will.

ただ、その範囲は今回の占有改修によって発生することを想定しており、
極端なレベル差がある状態で、PLされる側のキャラクタをPT内に入れたまま放置し、
レベル差分の経験値の減衰が効力を発揮していないことが想定外でした。
We did have an idea about this after after the modification to the claiming system but didn't expect where the person getting PL can be in the party and do nothing and gaining exp without the penalty where it calculates the level difference between the players.

経験値獲得の計算式は、今回のパッチ1.19で根幹のテコ入れが入ったため、
表面上の効力が分かり難くなっており、今回の対応の遅れに繋がっています。
緊急メンテナンスも視野には入れていましたが、パッチ1.19aのリリースが
目前に迫っているため、本件も同時に対応させて頂きます。
There was root changes to the exp gain calculation formula in 1.19 and made it difficult to understand and also reason for the delay.
We thought of having a emergency maintenance but patch 1.19a release is close by so we will have this included in it as well.

混乱について重ねてお詫び致します。
I apologize again and again for the confusion.

As things are now, its not working the way Yoshi wanted it to work. EXP penalties in parties are supposed to be applied, and the lower level character would have to claim an enemy if they wanted to be PL by a player outside the party.

So "enjoy" the crazy PLing while you can, because it's going to be fixed soon.

go go go! :p

EDIT: Official translation -

Thank you for all of your feedback.

We have confirmed that an aspect related to inhibiting an over abundance of experience point gains is not working as intended as a consequence of removing the claim system. We will address this issue with patch 1.19a. We will provide more details as they become available, so we would appreciate your patience in the meantime.

We are sorry that it has taken us a while to comment, and we’re keenly aware of the very harsh comments posted. We ask for your patience and understanding while we work to address the issue and appreciate your continued support of the forums.

This is Yoshida, the producer/director.

I’m sorry that this is late, but I would like to add a few points.

Power leveling is viewed very differently from player to player, and I still stand by my stance that it should be allowed to a certain extent to bridge the gap between long-time players and newer players. This is because I see it as an act of volunteering, in which the power leveling players are willing to give up their time to help out their friends or family members.

We expected the extent of power leveling to become evident with the removal of the claim system, but we didn’t foresee the extent to which low level players can sit AFK, while in the same party with a much higher level character fighting monsters, without the level differences between the players being applied to the incoming EXP.

The calculations for gained EXP have been fundamentally changed in patch 1.19, which has made this issue more difficult to handle. We considered issuing an emergency maintenance to address this, but the release of patch 1.19a is very quickly approaching, so we have decided to fix the issue in patch 1.19a.

I’m sorry for the confusion that this has caused.

NeoForte

Ravidrath said:
I guess you haven't logged in since 1.19?

The Mini-Menu is now accessed by using the button that popped up the emote window.

Oh really? I have logged on, just on my mac... with no gamepad support :p Good to hear though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom