• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

ookamunka

Neo Member
Hrm, just logged in and the price changse on the NPC's in the patch notes appeared to have not happened.

Err scratch that, it appears some items went down in price on certain NPC's but are still old prices on other NPC's.

Jinko

Could anyone quickly upload the patch to mediafire, mine seems to have stopped at 92% for the last 40 mins. (yes im using utorrent)

It's not very big .. so please !! lol

hgplayer1

Jinko said:
Could anyone quickly upload the patch to mediafire, mine seems to have stopped at 92% for the last 40 mins. (yes im using utorrent)

It's not very big .. so please !! lol

did you even try through the game updater first? I just ran it in like 2 minutes.

NeoForte

Finally! Keyboard B works! Switched around some keys ehre and there and I am happy to finally use it ^^ Now to go play with my new Choco.... Alsvidr! Just cause Alsviðr can't be inputed :(

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Thoraxes said:
Subs are back in come late Nov. early Dec. New roadmaps, all that info and jazz, plans for PS3 version. All here.
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/teaser/

And... BOOM

The New FINAL FANTASY XIV and the PlayStation®3 System Version

Between October and December of 2012, we plan to integrate the current service and the coming PlayStation®3 version into the all-new FINAL FANTASY XIV. At this time, a second free trial period will also be offered.

1 year?

Another

With this, it is my hope that we will continue to receive your support as we will need to bring the unbilled period to a close between late November and early December 2011, and introduce our subscription-based billing system. I appreciate that this decision will not be popular, but it is a necessary step in building upon the foundation our fans and development team have made together and to realize the full potential of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

Primal
ODIN!
!!!!!!!!

Gromph

Staff Member
This is a FUCKING UI

Pbm2b.jpg

New art, man this is amazing.

WMGrY.png

Gromph

Staff Member
Decision decisions

The new graphics engine will cause certain objects to display differently than they do in the current version.
Because of this, we will allow all current players the opportunity to re-customize the race, gender, and
appearance of their characters upon the implementation of the new engine.

Gromph

Staff Member
Decision decisions

The new graphics engine will cause certain objects to display differently than they do in the current version.
Because of this, we will allow all current players the opportunity to re-customize the race, gender, and

And houses..

・Early February 2012 - Patch 1.21 (and subsequent hotfixes)
⇒Creation of Private Rooms (Inns, etc.)

Sorry guys, I think I'm out when they're going to charge next month. The game is fun but way to little content to actually pay a monthly fee.

Gromph

Staff Member
IonicSnake said:
Sorry guys, I think I'm out when they're going to charge next month. The game is fun but way to little content to actually pay a monthly fee.

You are right.

Improvement of search function, release of auction house features, measures to stimulate in-game
economy after patch 1.20.
Complete redesign of markets into a system incorporating retainers and auction house elements. Planned
for version 2.0

New summoning ability available to certain jobs and classes after version 2.0

Now the real miracle patch will be 2.0

Thoraxes

I saw Male Miquo'te and female Roegadyn in there.
Sub cancelled forever.

Also yeah holy shit, that UI looks amazing and they're adding support for user-created addons too!!!

Darte

I don't mind the subscription. Played since launch and things will only get better. Plus for those that do remain, you'll get to live through the cataclysmic events leading up to 2.0 that won't happen ever again.

I'm stoked!

I really dislike the direction they are taking towards instanced content. I think abusing that kind of content (like having only instanced dungeons) will make the world look dead and will make it feel like a mere hub where to get/start quests, raids, etc from.

I remember Crawler's Nest where there were noobs chaining mobs to the entrance and everyone shouting to run away and zone. Well, that is surely annoying, but still makes the world feel alive; real.

I could mention hundreds of examples like that, which could be taken against the heavily instanced world they seem to be aiming to.

Plus, I must agree that paying for current content (especially knowing that everything will change in a year or so) could be too much.

desa

Not sure how I feel about this. The game stated by them is only 50 percent complete content wise and they're making us pay? Perhaps a few more big patches. Hopefully they reconsider.

Gromph

Staff Member
Ciccio_Drink said:
I really dislike the direction they are taking towards instanced content. I think abusing that kind of content (like having only instanced dungeons) will make the world look dead and will make it feel like a mere hub where to get/start quests, raids, etc from.

I remember Crawler's Nest where there were noobs chaining mobs to the entrance and everyone shouting to run away and zone. Well, that is surely annoying, but still makes the world feel alive; real.

I could mention hundreds of examples like that, which could be taken against the heavily instanced world they seem to be aiming to.

Plus, I must agree that paying for current content (especially knowing that everything will change in a year or so) could be too much.

If you check the roadmap on the gap OCT11-JAN12 you have a task of "Non-Instanced Dungeons"

Gromph

Staff Member
Increased Stability & Expanded Accessibility
FINAL FANTASY XIV boasts some of the highest quality graphics amongst all
current-generation MMORPGs. Unfortunately, extremely high-end PCs are required
in order to experience those graphics.

Our new graphics engine will allow us to maintain a high level of graphic quality while
allowing us to optimize the game for play on the PlayStation®3 system.

・Genre-leading graphics on high-end PCs
・Smooth gameplay on the PlayStation®3 system and similarly-powered PCs
・Fully customizable graphics settings to cater to a broader range of PC environments

<-- Luminous :p

Jinko

That concept 2.0 image shit damn that looks hot. (looks like FF13 lol)

Im curious what that LCD grid is down in the right bottom corner though.

Some that concept art, Garuda, Moogle staff, White mage and Bard armor, man I can't wait for some of this stuff.

Monster designs look pretty amazing also.

Jinko

Whoa 1.20 is coming as soon as nov/dec and a moogle primal battle .. awesome :D

I have no problem paying for the game if they make it as good as they saying in these PDF's.

Edit :- ahh never mind 2.0 client won't be distributed til sept 2012 WTF !!

Riposte

kiryogi said:
?Everything that's happening right now has been leading up to it.

That's like saying they should destroy every copy of XIII in existence because XIII-2 is coming out and it has a successive story. This is why I hate MMOs and hate getting invested in them. Treat their content like replaceable trash(meanwhile Final Fantasy fans are constantly revisiting their favorite storylines from the series). I assume cutscenes will be archived on youtube at least. I'll have to get to the final cutscene before 2.0 in any case.

kiryogi

Banned
Riposte said:
That's like saying they should destroy every copy of XIII in existence because XIII-2 is coming out and it has a successive story. This is why I hate MMOs and hate getting invested in them. Treat their content like replaceable trash(meanwhile Final Fantasy fans are constantly revisiting their favorite storylines from the series). I assume cutscenes will be archived on youtube at least. I'll have to get to the final cutscene before 2.0 in any case.

Well they said in the plans they will have a method to rewatch cutscenes. However, to experience these events, you need to be playing in today's Eorzea. Something they were very clear about.

Riposte

kiryogi said:
Well they said in the plans they will have a method to rewatch cutscenes. However, to experience these events, you need to be playing in today's Eorzea. Something they were very clear about.

The way it was phrased makes it seem like you won't ever be able to watch these cutscenes again. Btw, it is great they are adding rewatchable cutscenes, though I wouldn't be surprised if they just prevented you from watching any of the old ones. For one... what happens with geography that no longer exists? I wonder what will be the extent of voice work.

EDIT: Given how these new areas are going to be introduced relatively soon(beta late next year, right?) I would like to see a character in-game walking around in one.

Ronok

Ok, I'm finally reinstalling the game. I want to see the game before it becomes billed so that I can make a decision. Is the gaf server still Lindblum yeah? :-/

Eccocid

Ronok said:
Ok, I'm finally reinstalling the game. I want to see the game before it becomes billed so that I can make a decision. Is the gaf server still Lindblum yeah? :-/

Yes send tell to King Lala or Renta Hamster etc for a pearl to LS

ZiZ

couldn't they at least have us pay $8 instead of $15?

so, who's staying and who's leaving once the billing hits?

my current biggest gripe on the game is that there aren't enough people playing. and as soon as billing hits that number will decrease drastically.

Buttons

Definitely staying. Been having fun since beta and I want to support the team. :) Plus I am excited for all the new fun things to come, gonna be amazing. :D

Jinko

Gromph said:

Ok some things I noticed.

Characters have titles.
Boco is Delita's steed and Delita has a pet action bar.
Mail icon has a number 2, suggestion mail notifactions.
Dot like grid in the lower right corner could be Inventory space.
Red bar next to Players name in the Player list is probably Threat list/Emnity.
Main Character's name is the party list as well as below the action bar.
New Mini map, new icons and + and - signs to zoom in and out.
Under the mini-map an active quest discription is displayed with a timer. (I guess that monster is a guildleve ?)
Enemy HP is at the top of the screen.
Multiple Chat tabs.

unledfpx.jpg

1. Draw weapon
2. ??
3.Usable Items
4 ??
5 Quest Log (Number indicates number of quests)
6 Retainer ? (Number may indicate recent sales)
7 ??
8 ??
9 ??
10 ??
11 Character (maybe Mannequin system)
12 Search
13 ??
14 ??
15 ??
16 Mail (Number indicates number of unread mails)
17 Party list
18 GM icon ?
19 Main menu/config ?

Moobabe

So subs start in a MONTH? What a joke - there is no way I'm paying for the game in it's current state - and reading the PDFs it won't be worth the sub for a long while.

Shame - I was just starting to play again.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Damn, Jinko. Reading that list really showcases how far behind this game is right now in terms of a PC-centric interface.

Luigi87

Well I'm done as soon as they start charging.
I live in Canada, bought I bought the EU edition for really cheap. This ensured that:
1. I didn't pay very much.
2. As soon as they started charging, I'd stop, due to the higher subscription rate.

It'll be interesting to see how it all develops closer to 2.0.

Salaadin

Damn, I guess I better log on now and see if I think the game is worth a sub fee in a month. And I just decided to cancel my FFXI ID before Novembers billing because of all the other games coming out. I only want one MMO though so if FFXIV pans out, then its goodbye FFXI again.

Amazing. I can't believe they are actually going to charge soon. The changes they've made have been extremely basic in the grand scheme of things no matter how much work/money they've put into them internally. The game itself is still incredibly dull. I think this comes down to the fact that Wada can't swallow that the game won't be in a chargeable state until summer '12 at least.

Gromph said:

The game might look like this by January 2013, maybe, if ever. They've been posting concepts and ideas for like the past year so this means nothing really. How about making the game actually look like this-- a real game-- before charging people to play it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom