• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldsnap

I'm pretty sure the announcement of this game going pay to play forced my hand into thinking about quitting. All I do is grind in FFXIV and I'm not paying 12.99 to do that... maybe like Renta said if it was a discounted rate but no way at that prices. The value proposition is just not there.

zlatko

Banned
Riposte said:
If you ask a question about optional level caps I will give you sexual favors over the internet.

Shit a better question would be why they didn't stop putting all these money in FF14 2.0, and instead just call it quits and put the money into a FFXI 2.0. FFXI retweaked on the FF14 engine would have been godly. Leave the existing FFXI and sub base there, then create 2.0 for PC/PS3, and create a new sub fee for that.

The 2.0 could take a look at ALL of XI's current content and chop/cut what's there, rebalance classes, retweak exp, retool how populated areas are with what monsters, change spawn times on NM's, and even go so far as to create better cut versions of current cut scenes.

I'd pay all the money in the world for that. :(

Azrael

Kagari said:
Hey guys, I need your FFXIV questions for an upcoming opportunity here with the producer.

Do they plan to implement a seasonal cycle into the game with 2.0 like they talked about in the pre-release hype?

Also, I'd like some clarification about voice acting. Does the road map mean that all cut scenes will have voice acting, or simply that the cut scenes that have voice acting will have voice acting in four different languages?

Teknoman

zlatko said:
Shit a better question would be why they didn't stop putting all these money in FF14 2.0, and instead just call it quits and put the money into a FFXI 2.0. FFXI retweaked on the FF14 engine would have been godly. Leave the existing FFXI and sub base there, then create 2.0 for PC/PS3, and create a new sub fee for that.

The 2.0 could take a look at ALL of XI's current content and chop/cut what's there, rebalance classes, retweak exp, retool how populated areas are with what monsters, change spawn times on NM's, and even go so far as to create better cut versions of current cut scenes.

Because XI has pretty much run its course, and they are actually setting up a decent story again with XIV. This is going to be another crossroads for the game, but like they've been saying from the start, it's not getting axed. No way could they do that to something thats considered a main entry into the series.

daoster

Teknoman said:
Lindblum, send a tell to Renta Hamster and if he's busy, we'll do our best to make it to you.

Thanks...Renta Hamster told me to put my user name on here to confirm my ingame name...

"Brian Daoster"

Whenever you guys are free and are in town, please hook me up with a GAF LS... thanks!~

Cmagus

posted this in the other thread but I'll post it here as well in terms of questions.

I'm sure most of the things that I want to know will be asked and this may be an odd question but I was wondering if there are any ideas floating around for community stuff that isn't going out and grinding? by this I mean is there any types of activities that could come to the game like say triple triad card game (example) that if you wanted to get together with a buddy and just chat and do something that isn't grinding.I think it would be great to have something like this where you could play with anyone and win cards and gain cards from enemies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
daoster said:
Thanks...Renta Hamster told me to put my user name on here to confirm my ingame name...

"Brian Daoster"

Whenever you guys are free and are in town, please hook me up with a GAF LS... thanks!~
Sorry about earlier, we didn't have any sackholders in town. Just messaged you again, but I guess you logged off.

If I'm not on, you can also send a tell to Shiori Aran, or Lily Vraminica, or King Lala

Riposte

33xwp36.jpg

So this is the sultana of Ul'dah? Really awesome fighting(and then oddly cute) cutscene at the end of the "There Might Be Blood".

Teknoman

Cmagus said:
posted this in the other thread but I'll post it here as well in terms of questions.

I'm sure most of the things that I want to know will be asked and this may be an odd question but I was wondering if there are any ideas floating around for community stuff that isn't going out and grinding? by this I mean is there any types of activities that could come to the game like say triple triad card game (example) that if you wanted to get together with a buddy and just chat and do something that isn't grinding.I think it would be great to have something like this where you could play with anyone and win cards and gain cards from enemies.

That or manual chocobo racing. I want to see how Colosseum arena fights will turn out too.

Ravidrath said:
Pretty much.

Equip the stone, and...

Your GLD trades attack for more defense and some healing to come a Paladin.

Your CON loses all its elemental spells to power up its curing power and become a White Mage.

Etc.

This would seem believable if a gladiator had any attack to begin with.

kiryogi

Banned
Riposte said:
33xwp36.jpg

So this is the sultana of Ul'dah? Really awesome fighting(and then oddly cute) cutscene at the end of the "There Might Be Blood".
Raubahn is soooooo badass.

Unknown Soldier said:
This would seem believable if a gladiator had any attack to begin with.
D: So true.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Many thanks to kiryogi for passing me a buddy pass for FFXIV. I've been on the fence for a while, and I was too busy to play it a couple months ago when I finally had the hankering. It seems dumb I'm sure that I'm hopping on so close to when the subscription fee is getting reinstated, but I was never the best planner. :p

I'll be hopping on tomorrow to get my bearings. I'll make sure to send renta hamster a message about a linkshell when I do.

Riposte

IMO Black Mage should have been one of the hybrid jobs that are to be released later. I guess they wanted to have the classics out first.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
thetrin said:
I'll be hopping on tomorrow to get my bearings.
zomg more victims! I mean....playmates :D

Come and rejoice in my dirty white van full of candy!

If you don't want my candy feel free to send a /tell to Shiori Aran, King Lala, Maki Star, King Lala, or Teknoman Blade.

Jinko

zlatko said:

Why would they do this lol ?

Sorry but FF11 is beyond help, the game sucks on so many levels these days I duno where they would start.

FFXIV on the other hand has problems but none that can't be fixed with a bit of time.

BTW lol51 you don't have lancer weapons in the category list :O

Desi

blah I can't even sign in or play any games actually. Whenever I boot a game up my screen just goes to sleep mode and the game freezes.

Jinko

Has been confirmed that we get to test/play 1.20 before subscription.

Post from Yoshi-p

Hello, Producer/Director Yoshida here.

Concerning the recent release of the plans and progresses over the 'renewal', it seems I have caused quite a bit of stir and consequently some confusion, and thus I would like to apologize.
Therefore, before the release of the second half of the Producer Letter Live, I would like to mention several follow-ups over the new FFXIV, and topics such as the carry-over of characters and the timing of billing.
I will of course mention these same topics during Producer Letter Live as well.
(For now, I would like to simply clear up a few things)

About the new FFXIV

As mentioned in the summary, the new FFXIV will feature:

Complete overhaul and replacing of maps
Complete overhaul of the graphics engine
Overall revisions to the server system
Complete overhaul of the UI + Being able to use Add-ons
Strengthening of the Player Communication System

The above five will be the pillars of the new FFXIV, and will represent the next stage in the game's evolution.
We have been telling the community that "We are in the process of revising the game", so think of this announcement over the new FFXIV as our explanation for our vagueness over the questions about revising the game, and consequently, our progress report thus far.

This of course includes the several other features that are difficult to implement due to how our current server system is set up, such as:

The opening of new servers
The opening of new language-specific servers (our current plan is to have both language-specific and global servers in operation)
Server Transfer services (temporary restrictions over new servers)

The new FFXIV will make the above options possible.

However, this doesn't mean that the current features in place that have been implemented by the Dev team thanks to our feedback from our playerbase, such as:

Recipe revisions
New content such as Dzemael Darkhold
Personal Chocobos/Rental Chocobos
UI Revisions
Battle Revisions
Grand Company System
New Quests
The sorting-out and ease of play at start

...will take a back seat. They will mean a lot for the new FFXIV, and when we switch over to FFXIV 2.0, it will still be there and continue to be improved on.
(For the server and UI, we will continue to take in the current feedback and do a complete overhaul at the end)

However, concerning quests that are related to the "Seventh Umbral Era" and the current and future Primal God content, it will either disappear or be significantly changed in the new FFXIV.
Thus, we will have items and achievements that cannot be obtained no more once the new FFXIV starts rolling around.

Furthermore, with the implementation of the following features to Patch 1.20 and beyond:

-Market Ward improvements-
Being able to buy Items directly off Item search
Price History for the last 20 items (to gauge the going price)
Items details revealed when selected in search

-The implementation of player search-
Being able to search different categories such as PC class, job, level, language, and people looking for a PT.

Further improvements to Class Actions
Dark Moogle Fight
The implementation of the Achievement System
The implementation of the Job System
New Instances Dungeons/Raids
Garuda Fight
Battle Contents that involve fighting the Empire

Continued improvements to the UI
Adjustments to the Crafting System and Gathering System
New Recipies and New Harvestable Items

This is not everything, but again they will be important for the new FFXIV, and will be implemented in the new FFXIV as well.

In that sense, you can say that even now FFXIV is still evolving, and the Eorzea now and the Eorzea after will continue to be expanded on.

However, the Episodes and battles revolving around the "Seventh Umbral Era" can only be experienced before the new FFXIV comes around. I hope everyone can enjoy the events, the experiences and the coming changes to the world of Eorzea in a live, realtime sense.

Concerning the carry-over of character datas

Like I had promised when we changed into our current development team, current player character data will continue to be saved and will, in principle, not be wiped.

Exp, Lv, Gil, Items and the list of completed quests will automatically be converted and carried over to the new FFXIV without loss.
Therefore, please continue to play normally without worry to this issue.
(The exception might be to quests that have already been accepted and currently in-progress. They may be reset to to a status where you didn't receive the quest at all)

The above holds true to whoever has a FFXIV account and is in possession of Character Data.

However, due to the immense scale of item data that needs to be converted over, it is possible that us Developers may implement a system where your current items are temporarily stored to an NPC which you can later take out to ease this process. The item data itself of course will not be wiped even if we do take this form of item transfer, so please don't worry. We will make a follow-up announcement to this topic when we finalized which method we are going to take.
(If we don't convert items, we cannot implement the feature of adding names to items)

[-Stanislaw's Note: I am not 100% sure what Yoshi-P means in this last part, but I assume he means the system of adding player names to the items, where crafters can add their names to completed items.-]

Concerning gil, we plan to implement features such as Housing, Changing the color of equipments, Barbers and other similar features where they are repeatable, gil-consumable content. Therefore, the current gil will still carry over into the new FFXIV.

Additionally, we also have plans to open new servers where the slate is wiped clean.

About Billing

In my earlier Producer Letter Live, I, Yoshida, replied to player's question where I replied: "To be honest, I consider that we're about half way to the point where we can confidently call it FINAL FANTASY." This is my honest answer at the point where 1.19 was released. Because 1.20 and further patches have yet to be implemented, I still stand by this statement.

[-Stanislaw's Note: Concerning the ever-debated "half way" comment by Yoshi-P, I find that the official translation's answer, which I used in the above translation, is slightly inaccurate. If I were the one translating it, it would be more like: "As a global title that holds the Final Fantasy name, I feel that we're at a 50% mark before we can compete against other, newer MMOs in the market." Therefore, while everyone assumes he's saying "FFXIV is only halfway complete content wise", I feel it's more like "FFXIV is about at a 50% standard compared to other newer MMOs." If that's better or for worse, I'll leave that up for you guys to decide.-]

And, like how I followed it up with my other answers afterwards, I feel that with the lack of player search and market search features (by no means I think that being able to search for items only has solved the problem) severely hampers efforts to compete with other MMORPGs.

I feel that the "Final Fantasy" feeling you can only experience in FFXIV only started to materialize after 1.19 with the newly implemented lore, personality, scenario, content, and sounds in the game, much to the thanks of all the feedback and talks exchanged with everyone in the forums. I feel we're finally at a point where we will be able to push the "Final Fantasy" forward in this game.

With that in mind, I will like to say that we will only start billing for this game after patch 1.20 is released, which is scheduled for sometime during the first half of December. For 1.20 we will finally like to absolve the two big issues of "PC search" and "Market search" - especially Markets, to make an "System" that we can call an "Auction House" possible for the future. These changes are taking place before server revisions so difficulties are present, but we are continuing to tackle the issues at hand to make these changes possible.
(In the new FFXIV, we even have plans to change the look of the Markets completely)
I feel that the differences of having these two features and not having them is so significant, so much that I feel these are features are the absolute minimum requirements for this game be called an MMORPG.

In addition, patches 1.20 and beyond will feature significant contents such as new Primal battles, Instances raids, Job System and Empire battle content while continuing on with our ongoing work and push for more content.
Furthermore, we also have plans to add content where you can only experience if you're playing now, a fun, enjoyable experience that no other MMORPG can offer.

However, in order to continue these services for our customers who have bought this game and for our customers who continue to play this game, even if we didn't factor in development costs, there are also server maintenance costs, 24-hour GM support costs and many others that require consideration, so we need funding in order to continue operating.

Therefore, we will let our customers decide at the point where 1.20 is released - or perhaps even when 1.21 or 1.22 is released, it doesn't matter - if they want to pay the bills for this game or not by deciding if this game is fun to play or not at their current respectable states.

Still, for myself and the Development team. this is still the 'bare minimum'. We will like to continue working on FFXIV and continue to make changes and improvements so one day, FFXIV may be the best MMORPG in the world.

This is our current stances for development, what I feel is necessary and what I feel are basic changes that needed to be implemented in order for the new FFXIV to come into fruition.

-So why the billing announcement now?-
I debated to myself a lot over this issue.
However, if I had announced it any later, the time between the announcement and the release of 1.20 would be short and thus give our customers a very short notice over the billing announcement. If we announce it now, it gives our customers an almost 2-month free period.

As you all know, under our current payment system if you don't agree to our automatic billing you cannot play the game even under our free-trial period.
Therefore, for people who have already stopped playing, if the time between our announcement and billing was short, or if the information didn't spread as much, it is possible the details of our announcement might not reach our customer's ears.
If that happens, our customers might then have the worry of "I might be billed automatically!".

With that in mind, like we mentioned earlier in our billing announcement, when we do start billing all accounts will be temporarily suspended to prevent such occurrences and let our customers decide if they want to pay for our services in order to continue playing. This doesn't mean, however, such excuses as "Because we suspected accounts, we can get away without making a big announcement." be acceptable.

We had thought with this announcement of the forthcoming new FFXIV we would be able to make a significant impact on our customers and thus inform them over our plans for billing and alleviate any concerns over the timing and, if possible, allow our customers to experience the content added in 1.19 and 1.20 before billing starts.

It's a repeat of what I said earlier, but I will be glad if our customers feel that the game is worth paying for when they experience what we have to offer in our current and coming content.

-To further improve our quality of service and enjoyability-

Content Finder
Language-specific servers (both language-specific and global servers will be in operation)
Housing
PvP/Massive PvP
Free Company
Primal Summons
Crystal Tower

In addition to the above content, there are a mountain more things we want to add/do.
That includes not only stuff that's present in other MMORPGs, but also things that aren't present in other MMORPGs.

MMORPGs is a game genre where it continuously evolves.
Once something is implemented, it is natural that something else wants/needs to added.
That is something that's us MMORPG Developer and Management enjoying doing, and I feel that's also one of the things that customers continue to enjoy experiencing and have fun while playing.

Therefore, it is our job and duty to continue with our current management, work hard in Development, satisfy our customers and take our product to an even higher level. I feel that is my, Yoshida's, job and responsibility.

Apologizes for this super long post.

A work in translation of 4Gamer interview.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...rview-Translation-Project-(4Gamer-GAME-Watch)

gillty

Banned
Thumbs down for language specific servers.

What I love about mmo's like EVE and FFXI/IV is that they are global games. The only reason I see for opening these type of servers are latency issues, I wonder if they plan on opening server clusters outside of Japan? If they don't, then language specific servers are kind of redundant. Either way I'll be sticking to Lindblum.

Jinko

Valru said:

What I love about mmo's like EVE and FFXI/IV is that they are global games. The only reason I see for opening these type of servers are latency issues, I wonder if they plan on opening server clusters outside of Japan? If they don't, then language specific servers are kind of redundant. Either way I'll be sticking to Lindblum.

It really depends how it works, if they mean regional server (yus UK server please lol) with reduced latency then I support it, but if they simple mean Language specific servers as it says in the translation then I don't see much point outside of perhaps the Japanese population who only wants JP only.

But then if they wana play by themselves I sure as hell won't refuse them that choice.

I hope they reconsider adding language-specific servers, but if they go through with it, I will remain on a mixed server.

One of the joys I take in playing XI/XIV is being the language intermediary for international PTs.
I know in XI, this also got me a lot of personal PT invites from JP players who relied on my services multiple times.

Londa

Banned
I hate when he says things like "Crystal Tower" as if we know what he is talking about.

Explain it or don't mention it.

It got annoying when they did that with Companies. Constant mention of Companies without explaining what it is until like two weeks before the update.

No, stories do not explain how the real thing is going to be in game. siiiigh.

I have to agree. Everything is going to instanced so claiming like in FFXI isn't an issue between JP and NA.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Rentahamster said:
zomg more victims! I mean....playmates :D

Come and rejoice in my dirty white van full of candy!

If you don't want my candy feel free to send a /tell to Shiori Aran, King Lala, Maki Star, King Lala, or Teknoman Blade.
I'll try to get in contact with you, but I TOTALLY forgot I have a fundraiser to attend tonight, which means I might not have a lot of time to play tonight. I'll probably hop on during my lunch hour instead.

Ravidrath

While I'll be playing on a mixed-language server, I think it's smart of them to offer language-specific servers.

A lot of people aren't interested in messing with that stuff. While I enjoy it, I understand people not wanting to. And if you're playing on a mixed server, you're more or less guaranteed to get people that want to, so I think it will be a lot smoother all around - it works both ways.

Teknoman

Thats cool for other people I guess...but I say we stick to Lindblum. Its always cool to party with people from all over the world.

Also someone should make sure to post this info in that XIV 2.0 thread on the main gaming section. They arent actually billing in November.

Nakazato

After the ifrit 30 fight last night i have to say that this game is finally coming together. I want to continue to support yosh. But with that being said ill try 1.20 before saying if im going to stay.

Btw is the next live letter the 20th?

Moobabe

Someone summarise that HUGE post for me? What does that mean for those of us who are concerned about paying? (It's been a long day and cba to read ><)

Fake edit -

So... it isn't 50% of the content - it's 50% of the STANDARD of other MMOs? Yet they're STILL charging for it?! How can you come out with a statement like that then try and justify a subscription. Utter BS.

thetrin

Teknoman said:
Also someone should make sure to post this info in that XIV 2.0 thread on the main gaming section. They arent actually billing in November.
Did they recant, or was that the plan the whole time, and it was badly communicated?

Jinko

Teknoman said:
Thats cool for other people I guess...but I say we stick to Lindblum. Its always cool to party with people from all over the world..

Wait what, I don't enjoy it one bit, having to stay up til 4am to do anything meaningful is no fun.

Thats why I hope they mean regional servers and not just language ones, I'd jump ship in a heart beat.

LS is awesome and all but this game need to fit into my life not the other way round.

Allard

thetrin said:
Did they recant, or was that the plan the whole time, and it was badly communicated?

Badly communicated. Yoshida basically said that billing will not occur till after 1.20 is released and it had an ample amount of time for others to play it before charging began. So unless 1.20 comes out in early November it probably won't happen till December at the earliest. If the patch doesn't come till mid December, they might not even start charging till early next year.

As for the interview, the details on 1.20 have me excited. Now the people begging for an AH basically got an AH next update since you just search for the item and buy it from the screen instead of going into the marketwards itself. I hope they plan on having a bunch of other places to prompt the search though; the current entrance... that place lags enough as is.

As for regional servers/language.

Its a good thing for the life of the game. Keep a mix of regional and global servers and let the players choose which ones they want. I'm staying on global, I have too many friends from around the world that play this game and I haven't had any issues so far with regards to the Japanese players compared to what it was in the early days of FFXI. Forcing the global set is not a good idea; at least not anymore then forcing PvP server on players who want to just play on PvE ones. Its about giving people choices to play the way they want to play with more people like them.

daoster

Rentahamster said:
Sorry about earlier, we didn't have any sackholders in town. Just messaged you again, but I guess you logged off.

If I'm not on, you can also send a tell to Shiori Aran, or Lily Vraminica, or King Lala

No problem! I had to go run some errands, so I couldn't stay on as long as I wanted to.

Will try to contact you guys tonite, if I have time.

What time do GAFers usually play?

thetrin

Logged in during lunch to check things out.

I have a lvl 2 Marauder named Trin Peligrade.

I'll try to hop on and grab a linkshell tonight when I get back from my fundraiser.

Riposte

Nakazato said:
After the ifrit 30 fight last night i have to say that this game is finally coming together. I want to continue to support yosh. But with that being said ill try 1.20 before saying if im going to stay.

Btw is the next live letter the 20th?

Were you apart of my group that did it around level 30ish? Good times.

Teknoman

Jinko said:
Wait what, I don't enjoy it one bit, having to stay up til 4am to do anything meaningful is no fun.

Thats why I hope they mean regional servers and not just language ones, I'd jump ship in a heart beat.

LS is awesome and all but this game need to fit into my life not the other way round.

That would probably be a good question to ask since I think they might just be going with language specific, similar to the forums. You've got a point there though. I think the reason people liked global servers is because it makes it seem like something is going on at all hours of the day, but it does suck for LS with members from many different regions.

EDIT: Im gonna have to get on today and get ifrit done since i've been regenerating anima (stuck in Mor Dhona).

kiryogi

Banned
Teknoman said:
That would probably be a good question to ask since I think they might just be going with language specific, similar to the forums. You've got a point there though. I think the reason people liked global servers is because it makes it seem like something is going on at all hours of the day, but it does suck for LS with members from many different regions.

EDIT: Im gonna have to get on today and get ifrit done since i've been regenerating anima (stuck in Mor Dhona).

ROFL, is that why you've been absent? One of us probably could have warped you out! I've been taking causal break thanks to work so I manage some ok regen.

Jinko

Teknoman said:

I guess thinking about it, when they add the content finder I won't need to rely on the LS to do stuff so much so can go off on my own and do stuff which is cool :D

So I guess regional servers may not be needed after all.

I still think regional would help with latency issues though.

Im sure a lot of people will be glad to hear this
Yoshi-P:
One major change we have planned to accommodate this is the plan to forfeit the current limits that are in place when it comes to loading lots of character on-screen. This is because I feel it's important in an MMORPG to display as many characters as possible at the same time. This especially holds true for people with high-end PCs. I'm sure they'd like options where they can bypass the limits in place.

4Gamer:
People might even adjust their hardware to accommodate such limit bypass.

Yoshi-P:
True indeed. I'm one of them. *laugh* I'm perfectly willing to overhaul my memory/graphics card, so I would like to see this limit bypassed.
However, given how the current version is set up, this currently cannot be implemented. I find it sad when players host a player-driven event and, when it comes time to take screenshots, discover that because of the system limitations they can't take a screenshot with everyone inside. Compared to what we started with, we have a much larger playerbase now too... it's such a waste. Therefore, our plans for the new FFXIV is to implement a system where for systems who are unable to handle massive amounts of characters on screen to automatically adjust FPS - as more characters come on screen, the FPS automatically goes down by one, and when characters leave the screen it goes back up. Something like that. The PS3 too will have this feature. We will then let the players decide what kinds of settings they feel are the best to play this game at through quality customization.
And with that in mind, we're optimizing and designing everything so every content will run smoothly even on the PS3 version, from instanced Raids to party-content like the Ifrit Battle (hard).

Munba

4Gamer:
So depending on what happens with those events, at the end it will lead into this new world?

Yoshi-P:
Hmm... well, you say it's a new world, but Eorzea is still Eorzea. We will be remaking all maps, but the names for the areas/features will still be the same, so it's more like letting the players experience a changed world. In this year-long 'seasonal' event, we plan to spend a whole year on letting the players find out what the "Seventh Umbral Era" really is, provide explanations to why the world is changing, and what will happen to the adventures of before. To put it in another perspective, this scenario can only be played and enjoyed by people who choose to play the game over the next year.

I think ths will be really interesting and a great incentive to remain to pay&play until the catastrophe (august 2012).

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Munba said:
I think ths will be really interesting and a great incentive to remain to pay&play until the catastrophe (august 2012).
Yeah, if anything, my curiosity about how they intend to do this process is piqued. Is that really worth $144, though? hahaha

l1nkown

Neo Member
I'm somewhat new to the game. Since its possible to be powerleveled quickly, i'm leaning toward leveling my crafting. I chose armorcrafting. Does crafting get anymore fun? I mean it just gets really boring doing the same thing over and over again. How do you guys put up with getting crafting to 50?

Jinko

l1nkown said:
I'm somewhat new to the game. Since its possible to be powerleveled quickly, i'm leaning toward leveling my crafting. I chose armorcrafting. Does crafting get anymore fun? I mean it just gets really boring doing the same thing over and over again. How do you guys put up with getting crafting to 50?

Perseverance :p

Looks like from that 4Gamer interview new plays will have a set of quests to complete when they first start the game, which will direct them how to play the game and level them up to lvl 10, the armoury system will be locked until level 10.

He wants it to play more like a traditional single player RPG to start off with before switching over to the MMO experience.

I think this is a great way to help new players ease into the game.

jiggle

when is (leveling) crafting ever fun?
at least you can level everything max in this completely free

i try to stay sane by doing it completely through leve rations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom