• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munba

Interesting interview there in Massively. Also they confirmed self-combo in 1.20:

Massively: There's been talk about giving Gladiators more offensive abilities or the ability to dual-wield. Can you give us any more information about that?

Yoshi-p: Good news! In version 1.20, we have major adjustments planned for every class, adjustments that will change a lot of specs on abilities and weapon skills. For example, when it comes to damage dealing, we're planning on introducing what we're tentatively calling a self-combo, whereby solo players can tie together a bunch of different weaponskills or attacks to deal extra damage. These things will help make even defensive players more powerful in addition to helping straight attackers like Archers. We have all of these changes planned for 1.20, but we're going to make sure to get all of that information out to players beforehand so they can see all of the changes we're planning and then give us feedback about any further changes we need to make before the patch releases.

edit:
And also high-end content for Discipline of the Land in 1.20:

Massively: Disciples of the Land definitely got a boost with the addition of the Materia system. Are further improvements and upgrades planned for the gathering classes to make them more attractive to players?

Yoshi-p: We believe that with 1.19, we've finally provided a system for both gatherers and crafters in that if you put in your work, day by day, it's feasible for someone to get from level 1 to 50. From there, reading the market and figuring out which items are in demand and which ones are less important comes down to player skill. We feel that we've now got a system, though, that doesn't make it difficult for the player to get up to level 50.

From 1.20 on, the things we're thinking about adding is that endgame-type content, things like having to get a certain rare item and going to a dangerous place to get it or having really high skill to be able to mine or fish a certain item. This high-end content will be implemented from 1.20 on, and just like we did with the adjustments to the other classes, we will always reveal the changes that we have planned to players so that we can get the feedback from players before we implement them.

Also, at 1.20, we are going to be changing the crafting system such that players will be able to change the color of an item after the item has been created. This will also affect gatherers in the sense of collecting the dyes. So that's another way for gatherers to be more involved in the world economy after 1.20.

edit2:
and change to the stats (by Bayohne):

STR: Attack Power
DEX: Physical Attack Accuracy/Block Rate/Parry Rate
VIT: Defense/Enhancing Magic/Max HP
INT: Attack Magic Potency
MND: Healing Magic/Magic Accuracy
PIE: Magic Evasion/Enfeebling Magic/Max MP

jiggle

lol
don't think i've ever seen GLD so popular in this game before
there are like 5 out of us in this behest pt alone
out of 5 total

Londa

Banned
If anyone on Figaro has completed the pre quest for the 25 Ifrit fight and wants to do it right now pm Lolo Landerlu. Thanks.

Jinko

Thought I would post this here:-

Bayohne said:
Since you are all discussing stat changes, post patch 1.19, I thought I'd pass along some info regarding the changes to stats that we received from Triairy. It looks like he left off physical evasion, so I'll bug him about it.

STR: Attack Power
DEX: Physical Attack Accuracy/Block Rate/Parry Rate
VIT: Defense/Enhancing Magic/Max HP
INT: Attack Magic Potency
MND: Healing Magic/Magic Accuracy
PIE: Magic Evasion/Enfeebling Magic/Max MP

Londa

Banned
pM8L3.jpg

beat Ifrit last night.

Jinko

Gvaz said:
How the fuck do I install this to a drive other than C?

It asks you when you install where you wana install it, other than that you can drag the folder onto another drive without any issues.

Gvaz

Banned
Does anyone have a code I can use like a buddy code or something, or know someone who can give me one? I don't really have the money to buy the base game I just wanted to play it cause it's f2p right now :(

Onemic

Gvaz said:
Does anyone have a code I can use like a buddy code or something, or know someone who can give me one? I don't really have the money to buy the base game I just wanted to play it cause it's f2p right now :(

Pretty sure there was a guy a few pages back that said he had one and was willing to give it away

or you could just save up $20

Unknown Soldier said:
You don't have 9GB free on an HDD? What year is this, 2001? :3

I like to keep my programs on my Raptor which isn't very big and I have a lot of cleaning up to do :3

And I thought it was more than 9GB...I thought it was 20 when I had it installed o_o

fahr

Hey guys! I just started playing ffxiv again. Hadnt tried it since launch. Its actually pretty good now! Im on the gaf server (lindblum). My character name is choco puffs. Ive started in uldah. Whats the name of the gaf ls? Do you think i could join it?

Teknoman

fahr said:
Hey guys! I just started playing ffxiv again. Hadnt tried it since launch. Its actually pretty good now! Im on the gaf server (lindblum). My character name is choco puffs. Ive started in uldah. Whats the name of the gaf ls? Do you think i could join it?

I'll log in and get you one real quick.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Lol hey choco long time no see. Lots of other launch gaffers have popped back in recently, although not a lot have stuck around, hehehe :)

fahr

Sorry i missed you last night teknoman. I should be on again tonight, ill try to find you then. If not, no worries. We'll find each other eventually. :)

Are you guys seeing that many new users. I tried a new character on besaid and the guys there were commenting on a pretty big influx of new users, which is cool, since the basic game mechanics dont feel so broken anymore. Maybe people will stick around this time, including me! :)

gillty

Banned
Rentahamster said:
Lol hey choco long time no see. Lots of other launch gaffers have popped back in recently, although not a lot have stuck around, hehehe :)
BF3 and Viva Pinata have taken over. I'll be back again this weekend, do some botany to relax.

hgplayer1

So I am getting pretty close to burning through the 99 leves I had accumulated and I was trying to figure out at what rate do they replenish. I know theres a timer for leves but I dont know how many leves I get back.

My anima is also dwindling and my guardians favor is gone. Ive searched a bit and cant find exactly how long all these things take to regenerate. Im not too worried about the exp bonus from guardians favor but anima is gonna be key if Im gonna keep doing leves.

Im thinking I might just seek parties for exp until my leves and anima and stuff come back a bit.

Ive also pretty much decided on joining the Maelstrom for my GC. Will do that in the near future when I run out of other stuff to do. Still havent ridden a chocobo!

Edit: looks like guardians favor is 10 every 12 hours

Allard

hgplayer1 said:
So I am getting pretty close to burning through the 99 leves I had accumulated and I was trying to figure out at what rate do they replenish. I know theres a timer for leves but I dont know how many leves I get back.

My anima is also dwindling and my guardians favor is gone. Ive searched a bit and cant find exactly how long all these things take to regenerate. Im not too worried about the exp bonus from guardians favor but anima is gonna be key if Im gonna keep doing leves.

Im thinking I might just seek parties for exp until my leves and anima and stuff come back a bit.

Ive also pretty much decided on joining the Maelstrom for my GC. Will do that in the near future when I run out of other stuff to do. Still havent ridden a chocobo!

You get 4 new allowances every 12 hours based on a specific time. 5:00 AM-PM PDT seems to be the time that it most often happens at. The Clock just just gives you the time of when the next one happens, take that time and in 12 hours after that a new allowance will also happen... and so on etc.

jiggle

i believe it's
4 leves at 5pm and 5am PST everyday
10 guardian's favors at 5pm and 5am PST everyday
1 anima at 5pm, 11pm, 5am, 11am PST everyday

Munba

Some stats info for gathering and crafting (from Triary):

-GATHERER STATS-
STR - Botanist - makes it easier to decided the angle for individual item during approach phase.
VIT - Mining - Makes it easier to decide the strength required during the approach phase.
DEX - Fishing - Makes it easier to decide the rod movement during the approach phase.
INT - Botanist - Increases items yield
MND - Mining - Increases items yield
PIE - Fishing - Increases items yield

Gathering - When using main tool the the amount Remainder lowers will lessen, and for secondary tools it will increase the rate for obtaining.
Output - increases amount of times you can gather, or for fishing, makes it easier to get hit.
Perception - Makes it easier to obtain high quality items.

-CRAFTER STATS-
For Crafter the status effects will be as following.

Carpenter
Main: VIT / Secondary: DEX

Smithing
Main: STR / Secondary: MND

Armorer
Main: VIT / Secondary: STR

Gold Smithing
Main: DEX / Secondary: INT

Leather
Main: VIT / Secondary: INT

Cloth craft
Main: DEX / Secondary: MND

Alchemy
Main: INT / Secondary: PIE

Culinarian
Main: MND / Secondary: PIE

jiggle

^unless things changed
the crafter stats affect only HQ rates?

although from looking at crafting food stats
dex ones are always for control
mnd always for m.craft
vit always for craft

i wonder if these stats benefit those only when from food, or in general

Teknoman

hgplayer1 said:

Stop using anima so much.

ff3-6j-airship-terra-hair.jpg

art-chocobo01.gif

You should really get into exp parties though. They're actually pretty fun now and you may end up fighting enemies you never fought/in areas you've never fought before.

Also has anyone received a bonus leve from evaluation? The faction, region, and difficulty factor in to what leve you receive, but I haven't done any in awhile.

Ravidrath

Teknoman said:
Stop using anima so much.

Also has anyone received a bonus leve from evaluation? The faction, region, and difficulty factor in to what leve you receive, but I haven't done any in awhile.

Yeah, my recommendation is to start renting Chocobos and riding the Airship to get around, and work on your personal Chocobo as soon as you can.

It's still a lot faster than getting anywhere in FFXI, and you can use the anima for emergencies or meeting up for parties, etc.

As for leve eval...

I've done it a few times now. As far as I've seen, it just gives you existing leves with bonus gil.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Azzurri said:
How long does it take to your chocobo?
You could probably do it in a day or two, if you really wanted to.

It doesn't take that long to rank up to the minimum level if someone tells you what to do and helps out.

After that it's just a matter of doing all the prerequisite company quests.

lol51

Azzurri said:
How long does it take to your chocobo?

After getting 27 I was a able to rush it solo. Took 6 hours, 74 Anima, and 80k gil.

Didn't bother to read story text or anything. Was rather painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom