• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darte

Ravidrath said:
What's the deal with servers in 2.0, anyway?

They keep talking about different servers and changing servers, but didn't the original PDFs say the game would become server-less?

World less.

Servers are what any MMOs run on (ie: theres no game without them).

They are going to use a new server setup that is more optimized than the current garbage setup the game is running on. Essentially built from the ground up from my understanding.

What they mean by world less is something similar to WoWs content finder, where you look for a group for an instanced raid and instead of just looking for people in your world only, you can look for people across multiple worlds.

Eccocid

Darte said:
World less.

They are going to use a new server setup that is more optimized than the current garbage setup the game is running on. Essentially built from the ground up from my understanding.

What they mean by world less is something similar to WoWs content finder, where you look for a group for an instanced raid and instead of just looking for people in your world only, you can look for people across multiple worlds.

Yes it will feel like there is one server and areas are instanced which is great imo. You will spend less time for gathering and looking for people.

Ravidrath

Darte said:
World less.

OK, so if the servers are World-less, why are they talking about changing servers once a week?

I guess that would mean transferring across the regional servers?

And they said they'll have both regional and world servers. I know I want to be on a World server, but I understand if others don't want to be.

Gvaz said:
So are they server based or world based? because server based will separate the players

They're talking about something like WoW, people are separated into their servers for ordinary open-world content but instanced dungeons can have players from any server using a dungeon finder.

Ravidrath

Unknown Soldier said:
They're talking about something like WoW, people are separated into their servers for ordinary open-world content but instanced dungeons can have players from any server using a dungeon finder.

Honestly, I'm not sure why they would even make this distinction?

Put everyone in a random zone every time they change zones, and whenever possible put people who have each other on their friends lists or are in a linkshell with them in the same zone.

Darte

Ravidrath said:
OK, so if the servers are World-less, why are they talking about changing servers once a week?

I guess that would mean transferring across the regional servers?

And they said they'll have both regional and world servers. I know I want to be on a World server, but I understand if others don't want to be.

Thats more about being able to transfer to another world if someone wants it. Most likely through paid world transfers.

Think of it like this:

While on Lindbulm, any non instanced content can be experienced on your world only. Example: running through LL, or uldah or any non instanced zone would entail running into people who only reside in Lindbulm.

However, say you want to go fight Ifrit. You presumably use the new search method and either seek or look for party members. Regardless of the type of search, you will find names of people from OTHER servers.

If i recall correctly, they mentioned using clusters of servers at first before expanding it to any server, which means that at first, the content finder may be limited to a group of servers rather than any server. For example: Lindbulm and some other servers may be labeled group 1, Rabanastre and some others may be labeled group 2 etc. When people from group 1 search for people for instanced content, they'll only find results for people within group 1 worlds.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
lol51 said:
Have at it guys:

http://www.ffxiv-db.com/gear_finder.php

If you guys see any problems in ratings help me out. Any feature additions are welcomed too. I'm going too add crafting in few hours.
Wow, nice. You're amazing, lol.

Ok, here's one thing I see that didn't work right:

I did a search for rank 29 miner, default settings.

In the results, the Dated Oiled Bronze Pickaxe was the top result, when clearly, the Steel Dolabra is superior in all categories.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
One more thing:

I did a search for Marauder, level 50, default settings.

For the head gear results, it listed the Cobalt Chain Coif and the Cobalt Chain Coif (Red) ahead of the Sentinel's Celata, even though the Sentinel's Celata (and the two cobalt celatas) have higher defense.

Also, in the categories that have both the uncolored and the red cobalt celatas in the results, the uncolored celata is above the red one, even though the red one has better stats.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm still thinking that the current implementation might be a little too complicated for its own good. Usually, players are interested in maximizing only one stat, so just having the gear finder put together the top gear that maximizes that one stat might be a lot easier to calculate simply.

From there, the player can simply look at the top three choices in each category and then see which secondary stats he wishes to focus on as well.

The whole complexity from the standard deviation calculations and the stat weighting depending on class might be a bit too complicated for its own good.

Jinko

I mentioned last night in game, I duno if you missed it but some of the shields that come back for CON and THM aren't equipable by mage classes Decorated Iron Scutum for example.

I do agree that the complexity could be a bit of a pain to workout especially with only having 3 top stats and no real theory crafting as of yet to determine the weight values of some stats.

It's still a really good step in the right direction though.

Renta if you want to just maximize one stat put the same in all 3 boxes

Sentinel's Celata (9.17)
Cobalt Celata (8.7)
Cobalt Celata (Red) (8.7) (obviously the system can't tell the difference on stats its not been asked to look for though)

I'm guessing in this situation you can code it so that a coloured item is always preferable to a standard one.

Default settings for Lancer @ 50 brings back

Lominsan Halberd (11.15) ???
Ifrit's Harpoon (10.38)
Canopus Guisarme (9.74)

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jinko said:
Renta if you want to just maximize one stat put the same in all 3 boxes
Ah, I see. Thanks!

Jinko said:
Default settings for Lancer @ 50 brings back

Lominsan Halberd (11.15) ???
Ifrit's Harpoon (10.38)
Canopus Guisarme (9.74)
Yeah, I think that weapon damage and rank should be the default stat of importance for weapons and tools. (Except for mage weapons, since the damage stat is useless to mages)

Ifrit's Harpoon should always be the top result.

Jinko

Here is an img of how Wowhead does it.

unledyk.jpg

Maybe as per rentas request you could add a remove button to the 2nd and 3rd stat priorities for people who only want to maxmise one stat.

As SE give out more information and more people parse whats happening with stats it will get a lot easier to find out how much which stats matter.

Considering the short time you have been doing this you have done amazingly well :D

lol51

For the head gear results, it listed the Cobalt Chain Coif and the Cobalt Chain Coif (Red) ahead of the Sentinel's Celata, even though the Sentinel's Celata (and the two cobalt celatas) have higher defense.

added more weight to defense. It's necessary to find the ideal weight and still give value to stats.

Also, in the categories that have both the uncolored and the red cobalt celatas in the results, the uncolored celata is above the red one, even though the red one has better stats.

I'm guessing in this situation you can code it so that a coloured item is always preferable to a standard one.

added very very small value for each stat items. That way an item with more stats will be ~0.01 higher than others with an otherwise same value.

I mentioned last night in game, I duno if you missed it but some of the shields that come back for CON and THM aren't equipable by mage classes Decorated Iron Scutum for example.

fixed also added secondary tool for gatherers

Usually, players are interested in maximizing only one stat, so just having the gear finder put together the top gear that maximizes that one stat might be a lot easier to calculate simply.

Maybe as per rentas request you could add a remove button to the 2nd and 3rd stat priorities for people who only want to maxmise one stat.

Well... You can select "No Attribute"

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
A few more tips for the users who still need a little help with the Ifrit fight, taken from a thread made to complain about the fight.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...the-Community.?p=423957&viewfull=1#post423957
keeping an eye on ifrit's body as opposed to a chat log will give you more control over the fight and it's surroundings while also not taking away from your dps. You don't need a chatlog to tell you what he's about to do.

Ifrit drops down into linebacker stance = Eruption = MOVE OUT
Ifrit raises his right arm in the air = Plume = MOVE IN
Ifrit uses "WS red animation" = Incinerate or Burst = DONT DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT
Ifrit jumps = Cyclone = MOVE TO THE TANK
Ifrit glows red = the start of Sear = MAX AA RANGE

this isn't rocket surgery people

i guess it boils down to attention span. >.>
make sure you got a separate log for ifrits actions.
I personally have a window log that only shows ifrits actions and the log shows up a split second earlier than ifrits actual moves. So as a mage i can react faster to, say for example Vulcan or incinerate for the tank.

Some of our newer LS members are still learning the timing, and yeah it always comes down to timing. Dont /ac until ifrit does one of his skills....something easily said but easily forgotten.

No kidding. I told my friends to make sure they had their battle log filtered to show Ifrit's abilities. There was a significant improvement after that, with most of them managing to evade the Plume, but with the occasional Mage still getting whumped.

http://www.daevaofwar.net/index.php?/topic/1565-how-to-ifrit-guide/

Pro Tip:

A chunk of the fight's difficulty hinges on positioning in general, but a lot of it on Ifrit's position - which is determined by the tank. If Ifrit is positioned properly, and the DD and mages are as well, the plumes will never spawn under you allowing you to ignore them, and when he is under 20% even look forward to them as it's the perfect time to unleash Chaos Thrusts.

The rest of the main difficulty is timing actions such as WS and spells around Ifrit's 15s skill rotation - mainly Eruptions. Knowing he never does the same skill twice in a row, you can effectively anticipate Eruptions. Coupled with his obvious Eruption stance, you can set out running back well in advance. Make sure all the DD have Fleet of Foot for this reason. It helps tons with any server lag shenanigans.

It's amazing how easy the fight becomes once you formulate an effective strategy. So I'll say again, you'll get over it as soon as you kill him. The tags for this thread describe everything oh so well.

lol51

Jinko said:
Here is an img of how Wowhead does it.

Redid gear finder to be like wowhead's design. Starts with 1 priority and adds up to 3 on users wishes.

Is simple enough to retrieve the stats you want + has complexity if you seek it.

Everyone happy. Crafting classes and integration to main site and this is done.

Hey Rentai, Rain and I are going to see if we can do a late night run of the Darkhold tonight. I'd you read this, maybe you can let people online know. We'll probably be starting between 12 midnight and 1 am Pacific time. Thanks.

As for Ifrit, almost all of us have fucked his shit up Hardcore at this point. The party I led the other day had Rentai, Shi, Dental Plan, Lilynyan, me, Aenarion Estelvir, Laelanya, and a guy from another LS. At this point killing Ifrit is pretty routine for most of us, but we never do it together as an LS. We should do that this weekend.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
lol51 said:
Redid gear finder to be like wowhead's design. Starts with 1 priority and adds up to 3 on users wishes.

Is simple enough to retrieve the stats you want + has complexity if you seek it.

Everyone happy. Crafting classes and integration to main site and this is done.
VERY nice!

Once again, I am impressed at your work. I think you might want to put in this tidbit about stats and how they affect battle classes as well.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/26648-Stats-And-You!?p=408350&viewfull=1#post408350

STR: Attack Power
DEX: Physical Attack Accuracy/Block Rate/Parry Rate
VIT: Defense/Enhancing Magic/Max HP
INT: Attack Magic Potency
MND: Healing Magic/Magic Accuracy
PIE: Magic Evasion/Enfeebling Magic/Max MP

I know running the site takes money, so you might want to consider putting up a small, unobstrusive adsense or something to cover your costs. Or, at least a donation button or something.

Your site has a lot of functionality and information that other sites lack. I'm sure it will be popular.

@US I'll see if I can make it. I'm not on now. Still working on making IRL monies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
@lol 51

When I do a search for level 50 Pugilist and prioritize "attack power", the dated disabling baghnakhs are listed ahead of the Ifrit's Claws even though Ifrit's Claws has a higher attack power, and a higher base damage.

lol51

Rentahamster said:
@lol 51

When I do a search for level 50 Pugilist and prioritize "attack power", the dated disabling baghnakhs are listed ahead of the Ifrit's Claws even though Ifrit's Claws has a higher attack power, and a higher base damage.

WTF! Epic item if it was in offhand shield. derp. Removed block value weighting for mainhand item.

Added your description for combat classes. Added crafting classes. And Done final cleanup and such... Will post a bump to my thread on main forum.

Thanks for the help Renta and Jinko. Hope its not destroyed theorywise.

Wow that gear finder is looking really nice. I don't know how in depth you want to go with this, but perhaps use the CICUID from the quest finder to disable certain items that are unobtainable for a character. For example, I did a conjurer search and prioritized mind and one of the top choices for a weapon was the gridanian wand, which is unobtainable to me since I joined a different grand company. A simpler solution would be to allow users to remove Unique/Untradeable items from the search, which would allow them to search for things that they could purchase or craft themselves.

Another thing is that for casters I would like to be able to rank 1-handed weapon/Shield combined vs. a 2-handed weapon. The same applies to hooded attire vs the attire/hat combination.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
lol51 said:
WTF! Epic item if it was in offhand shield. derp. Removed block value weighting for mainhand item.

Added your description for combat classes. Added crafting classes. And Done final cleanup and such... Will post a bump to my thread on main forum.

Thanks for the help Renta and Jinko. Hope its not destroyed theorywise.
No man, thank you. The work you put into this project is amazing.

Another suggestion I have would be to organize the stat descriptions according to disciple to make it easier for someone just looking for a particular class. Something like this:

Disciple of War/Magic

STR: Attack Power
DEX: Physical Attack Accuracy/Block Rate/Parry Rate
VIT: Defense/Enhancing Magic/Max HP
INT: Attack Magic Potency
MND: Healing Magic/Magic Accuracy
PIE: Magic Evasion/Enfeebling Magic/Max MP

Disciple of the Hand

Attributes for Disciples of the Hand will increase the resulting product's quality when using the corresponding tool.

Carpenter
Main Hand: VIT / Off Hand: DEX

Blacksmith
Main Hand: STR / Off Hand: MND

Armorer
Main Hand: VIT / Off Hand: STR

Goldsmith
Main Hand: DEX / Off Hand: INT

Leatherworker
Main Hand: VIT / Off Hand: INT

Weaver
Main Hand: DEX / Off Hand: MND

Alchemist
Main Hand: INT / Off Hand: PIE

Culinarian
Main Hand: MND / Off Hand: PIE

Disciple of the Land

Gathering: Lessens depletion of the Remainder gauge when using a main hand tool, and increases the chance of gathering items when using an off hand tool.

Output: Increases the number of gathers or hooked fish.

Perception: Makes it easier to obtain high quality items.

Miner:
VIT: During the mining approach phase, it will be easier to determine the proper force needed for each item.
MND: Number of items acquired by miners will be increased.

Botanist:
STR: During the logging approach phase, it will be easier to determine the proper angle for each item.
INT: Number of items acquired by botanists will be increased.

Fisher:
DEX: During the fishing approach phase, it will be easier to determine the proper rod movement for each item
PIE: Number of items acquired by fishers will be increased.

Jinko

Nice work lol51 :D site is looking really good.

To solve the weapon issue you could disable stats priority for melee.

DoW = LVL > DMG
DoM, DoH, DoL = LVL > stats

Keep in mind that SE are changing mage weapons so I wouldn't worry about those too much.

desa

Great work lol51. Keep the improvements coming.

My group waiting for the Great Buffalo spawn.

ffxivgame%202011-11-01%2000-30-37-46.png

Yeah, we got our assed handed to us. Everyone is saying it was much easier pre 1.19.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Some testing done on stats (courtesy of Kaeko), and also some good mage advice from kro.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/diary/entry?e=264722

Sentinel:

* Provides -60% damage reduction (rounded up)
* Reduction does not change with affinities/cross-class (only duration/recast does)
* The most damage you can ever take with Sentinel active is 4000.

One of the most overpowered skills in the game. Given how easily it is to level a job to 36 at this stage of the game, would highly recommend all players who take endgame seriously to get this skill. Reduction is not affected by trait, which is nice. Found it interesting that the "cap" on damage with Sentinel on appears to be 4000, which is an easily attainable max HP in 1.19.

Stoneskin II:

* Increasing MND did not increase Stoneskin II
* Increasing VIT/Enhancing magic did increase Stoneskin II
* Profundity I/II did not affect the amount of HP absorbed
* Affinities do play a role with 80% HP absorbed w/o trait, 90% with trait
* +1 Enhancing Magic Skill equates to roughly +0.5 HP absorbed
* Most CON stoneskins will fall around 490-500 HP absorbed.
* Stoneskin I appears capped around 75 HP absorbed (?)

Disappointed with this spell in v1.19 simply because there doesn't seem to be a viable way to enhance this spell with any sort of build or gear selection right now. There's no direct way to enhance your Enhancing Magic Skill without stacking VIT, which is an odd stat for a mage to stack. Even if you tried to add say +100 VIT, it would only give you maybe ~15 HP absorbed. Nice to know the HP it absorbs, but not worth making a build for this right now in my opinion. Still one of the strongest spells in the game regardless.

DoT Spells:

* Damage per tick affected by both user PIE/enfeebling and the mob's elemental resist
* The damage per tick on spells appears to have a cap (30 for Poison II)

Admittedly, these tests were done rather crudely. For instance, I did not even note my actual enfeebling magic skill during these tests, only the PIE change. Overall I was extremely disappointed with DoTs (especially at the very low Poison II cap...), which probably led to the lack-luster testing and lack of a formula determination. This would be an interesting set of tests to revisit when we are able to re-allocate stats, but for now, I think SE has killed a DoT build (which was admittedly overpowered prior to 1.19) for the time being with the very low caps. Of note I do not know what a Poison II would deal to Ifrit since this is a difficult topic to test on high level mobs without knowing their elemental resists; so I am unable to answer the question of "should I use DoTs on Ifrit?"

Slow:

* Slow grants roughly 65-80% increase in auto-attack delay time

The test was fairly crude so the only information I feel safe in calling is that Slow with a normal THM w/o any gear on gives anywhere between a 65-80% increase in auto-attack delay. Whether or not PIE/enfeebling magic affects this or not I do not feel safe in calling, though I would assume it does. Either way, incredibly powerful spell on something like Ifrit when each normal attack does 600-800 damage.

Cure III:

* Healing Magic +1 improves Cure III more than MND +1
* I'm unwilling to go any further than that regarding an accurate formula
* When critical hit occurs, the HP cured increases by roughly 20-25%
* Cures appear to be a random value between a set min and max value (not normal)
* No testing was done on Second Wind I/II, Cure I/II or the Sacrifice Spells

The above testing falls far short of being able to find a definitive formula for Cure III; however, I think it does tell us a couple of important things. First off, that the randomness in cure values does not seem to follow a normal distribution, but a random one (where all values between min and max have an equal chance of occuring). Secondly, it at least gives us the general idea that 1 or 1, healing magic is better than MND. I gave a sample formula, which is likely horribly flawed, but you're free to follow up on it if you'd like. In that sample, I imply that every Healing magic skill increases Cure III by roughly 1.5 HP while every MND increases it by 0.25 HP. Finally, Crits seem to add 20-25% HP cured, though I have not tested anything regarding Crit gear. Overall, I'd say a Healing Magic build on Head/Weapon may be worthwhile for a dedicated healer, but givent he expense of Healer's Hand IV, I probably wouldn't invest in any double socketing at this point. Max MP builds (or MND since it adds MP as well) are probably a more realistic goal for a dedicated healer in 1.19. Again, something well worth revisiting in 1.20 with stat allocation.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...me-Healing-Con?p=425343&viewfull=1#post425343

I put MP into every slot possible. Adding large amounts of MND or healing potency gear doesn't seem to have a significant effect on how much HP gets healed - at least not nearly as noticeable as healing someone with or without Prime Conditioning.

Higher max MP definitely increases the amount of MP gained from Tranquility. I believe it also increases the amount of MP you regen by standing still. I also noticed that MP food such as Pumpkin Cookies gave me higher bonus MP when I upgraded my gear with more MP materia (+50 mp -> +52 MP). So MP food is probably percentage-based.

With Full Party and food I have about 1560 MP. Another mage in my LS has double-slotted MP materia on all gear and gets around 1680 MP. Oftentimes, we'll get to Hellfire on Ifrit with 80-90% MP remaining with Tranquility still up. That's like 300-400 more effective MP during phase 5 than a mage that does not slot MP.

I also feel that -Enmity is not worth it. In long fights, Accomplice makes hate management trivial. In shorter fights such as beastman strongholds, I find that taking hate is largely dependent on what actions you take. Use Stoneskin and single-target heals on MRDs spamming Storm's Path and you shouldn't pull hate. Use Curaga early on and you will always pull hate. If necessary, Curaga and activate Sentinel along with a few shield skills since mobs die fast anyways.

In any case, gear to consider:

Wand: Wand of Gales
Staff: Jade Crook (M.Acc) / Ifrit's Cane (M.Pot)
Shield: Eagle-Crested Round Shield or Square Ash Shield (M.Acc)
Head: Felt Hat Green (M.Acc) / Electrum Circlet Rubellite (MP+Fire Resist) / Mask of the Mortal Hex (M.Pot)
Body: Felt Robe Red (MND) / Felt Robe Green (M.Pot)
Hands: Boarskin Ringband of Gales / Leather Mitts (MP)
Legs: Felt Gaskins (Brown)
Waist: Raptorskin Satchel Belt
Feet: Peisteskin Crakows Red
Accessories: Blue/Red Coral Wristbands / Black Pearl Rings

Materia to consider:

Wand: MP or Healing Potency
Staff: M.Crit
Shield: HP+MP (Lifethirst)
Head: MP or Healing Potency or M.Acc
Body: MP
Hands: M.Crit
Legs: MP
Waist: MP
Feet: HP or M.Eva or M.Potency

MND and enmity don't do enough to justify the slot. Healing Potency still needs to be proven. Magic accuracy can be useful (Slow and Blind on Ifrit will save a lot of MP), but how much of an effect this has on land rate remains to be seen.

MP is the most universal and a safe bet (probably the cheapest too). Feet have bad choices for mages so get whatever there.

Jinko

Can almost guarantee that sentinel will be either nerfed or made class specific next patch, just as emulate was (which could have worked quite nicely in the Ifrit fight)

lol51 maybe you may want to add a check box to the gear finder to exclude dated gear, you can't meld it so no point looking for it really.. well IMO. :p

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Jinko said:
Can almost guarantee that sentinel will be either nerfed or made class specific next patch, just as emulate was (which could have worked quite nicely in the Ifrit fight)

lol51 maybe you may want to add a check box to the gear finder to exclude dated gear, you can't meld it so no point looking for it really.. well IMO. :p

I'm agree with the sentinel fix, and I hit GLA36 today :(

@lol51 on search results, you can add onmouseover tips to items so you don't need to go to the item page unless you need to craft it, i mean, if the item is crafted add a [crafted] label so
people now about it or [dropped] for drop items.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I dunno if sentinel really needs to be nerfed. I've been using it since forever. I guess it just went pretty unnoticed due to all the other overpowered skills, but now that those are nerfed, the tall nail gets the hammer, so to speak.

It only lasts 10 seconds, which isn't that long at all, so it's more of a situational skill that requires awareness and timing to use properly.

jiggle

got my first ifrit win yesterday
made the pain of playing gld all worth it
managed to get 4 weapons out of 11 wins, 2 of which i can use
that's pretty lucky i think?
3rd one is for gld which i might as well take to 50 now XD
can't wait for moogle fight :D

i hope they don't gimp sentinel after all that work =,.=;

@lol51: in the quests display page, I cannot view the 3 PGL guild-quests.

@lol51 - Part 2: wow @the fast improvements!

Edit: well... since it seems to be the progress day.... hit PGL31 and GSM28.... gonna be able to take part in some LS stuff soon I hope :) can't wait

Gvaz

Banned
So I obtained a buddy code, I'll be willing to trade it to anyone who's got a spare code for those armors or two (unless you can obtain them otherwise)

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Gvaz said:
So I obtained a buddy code, I'll be willing to trade it to anyone who's got a spare code for those armors or two (unless you can obtain them otherwise)
Honestly, the bonus items suck. They're ugly and they stop working at around level 10-14.

The only one that's any good is the Hermes Shoes, but to get those you need to link your FF14 account to your FF11 account.

Teknoman

Yeah unless they decide to go back and buff the onion equipment, which would be nice as a set bonus for early level characters, dont bother.

lol51

Working on tooltip and item detail linking on forums.

Final result will looks something like this and allowing you to copy via click and paste to your favorite [ IMG ] forum

thumb80676.jpg

If you guys think anything should be added and can be useful ill take it into consideration.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You mean that whole image will pop up on mouseover, or just a text tooltip? Is there a way to do it that would minimize loading time and lag?

On the main page it says, "NEWS: New "Gear Finder" tool!" I think it might be good to have that text link directly to the gear finder tool. It is one of the main advantages of your site and something that other sites lack. I feel like it should be easier to find.

lol51

Rentahamster said:
You mean that whole image will pop up on mouseover, or just a text tooltip? Is there a way to do it that would minimize loading time and lag?

On the main page it says, "NEWS: New "Gear Finder" tool!" I think it might be good to have that text link directly to the gear finder tool. It is one of the main advantages of your site and something that other sites lack. I feel like it should be easier to find.

Noticed slow response time and such... upgrading my hosting and contacting provider.

The picture will load only on mouseover in a tooltip. I was able to reduce size to 15-18kb from initial 80kb.

I will be doing a redesign and basically will copy/paste wowheads initial startpage.

Ravidrath

lol51 said:
Noticed slow response time and such... upgrading my hosting and contacting provider.

The picture will load only on mouseover in a tooltip. I was able to reduce size to 15-18kb from initial 80kb.

I will be doing a redesign and basically will copy/paste wowheads initial startpage.

I get the sense that you're not just doing this for fun, at this point?

Are you hoping to actually earn a living off of it?

lol51

Ravidrath said:
I get the sense that you're not just doing this for fun, at this point?

Are you hoping to actually earn a living off of it?

no just for fun - if some dollars here or there thats great

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
lol51 said:

Of all the FF14 sites, YG has the fastest loading mouseover tooltip info for me.

Gear finder suggestion: I dunno if you think this would help or not, but I remember thinking - when doing a search, say for level 50 lancer and searching for strength stat, it would be nice if instead of the weight score, it would show me how much strength that particular item has.

layout suggestion - center the top navbar and the gear finder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom