• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotcheggz

I thought the moogle prerequisite was a blast, I got a feeling the bigger the group the more pain it is though. We went with four last night and had a great time.

Not sure if I fancy doing it over and over and over though.

kiryogi

Banned
I thought the moogle prerequisite was a blast, I got a feeling the bigger the group the more pain it is though. We went with four last night and had a great time.

Not sure if I fancy doing it over and over and over though.
How in the world did you do it with 4. Cassie + spiteful would murder you.

scotcheggz

How in the world did you do it with 4. Cassie + spiteful would murder you.

We got really lucky, spiteful walked past us twice and didn't aggro, I have no idea how, he practically walked right through cassie at one point with a glad in front and me behind on pug. I was holding my breath. We did it just in time for the trees to come back and just as the message popped for the item, a tree one shotted our glad lol. Spiteful actually gave us the most problem, we pulled him the opposite side from cassie, on to the top of the bridge and he killed the glad and arc, leaving me and the con to finish the last 10-15% which wasn't that comfortable.

vivin

I'm thinking about jumping back in and trying this game out again. Havent played since beta/first week of release. I'm completely lost in game now, feels like a lot has changed since then. Any info online to quickly outline the changes? or maybe some sort of updated guide as to what to do ingame?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I made a mockup to show one way to use the currently blank space in order to consolidate the information better to reduce redundancy. Right now, when I search for stuff, the results are cluttered with the different colors and variants of the gear.

k9V2d.png

It still might be too cluttered, if anyone can suggest a better way, then please do.

lol51

decided on something like this and implemented it:

Color.png

With regards to Variants - I think if they start adding mass variants ill add +Int, +Vit modifier tags too

They need to address some issue. There are some items with just a dye (Red) that also have a stat improvement when they should have a prefix/suffix instead.

Jinko

lol51 is it me of is the gearfinder pretty broken since the patch ?

Edit:- Awesome changes, you are fast lol

A couple more suggestion (tell me to F off if you want /grins)

88532559.jpg

1. Is it possible to add a filter for company rewards. (default could be none)
2. Is a crafting item (craftimanship +11)
3. Pink gaiters is duplicate of the plain gaiters above it. (guess a couple slipped through the net)

Also relating to a search i did on CNJ is having achievement items showing up by default in the gear finder a good idea ? As awesome as the Paragons crown is I doubt I will ever get it.

Edit:- More

71371907.jpg

All the items numbered don't have any stats relating to the ones I am searching for. (2 and 3 would be fine with deafult settings as they have MP)

Edit:- I found more, SE screwed your site up good and proper :( (this might be due to you not having uploaded all the tooltips)
For example:- Search for Woolen Cowl, It says
+8 Mind
+4 Piety
+12 Magic Evasion
+12 Healing Magic Potency

But tooltip only says
+8 Mind
+12 Magic Evasion

lol51

lol51 is it me of is the gearfinder pretty broken since the patch ?

Made some quick changes to gear finder: Removed color items so they don't skew the item weights... So only the base items will show.

Also uploading ~5000 tooltips for 1.2 and made the tooltips user accessible (to copy and paste just follow the
img.jpg
link in the item details
tooltip8013403.jpg

Remaining 4000 will be done in 6 hours.

Riposte

One of the achievement NPCs is named Ironheart and is an explorer. You should know why this is funny if you played FFXI.

EDIT: Atelloune is right from XI LOL. Practically the same NPC a la Gilgamesh summon.

Also she knew I did an unrelated quest with another NPC. That's pretty interesting.

Also I dislike the loss of my line AoE moves as a Lancer... well sad. Maybe the positional stuff will make up for it.

EDIT: @170 points. Which I imagine is pretty low.

Quest achievements suck. They dedicate the big name achievements to class quests. What's the point? You already have "level all class" achievements. Only kind I care about too lol.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
One of the achievement NPCs is named Ironheart and is an explorer. You should know why this is funny if you played FFXI.

EDIT: Atelloune is right from XI LOL. Practically the same NPC a la Gilgamesh summon.

Also she knew I did an unrelated quest with another NPC. That's pretty interesting.

Also I dislike the loss of my line AoE moves as a Lancer... well sad. Maybe the positional stuff will make up for it.

EDIT: @170 points. Which I imagine is pretty low.

Quest achievements suck. They dedicate the big name achievements to class quests. What's the point? You already have "level all class" achievements. Only kind I care about too lol.

If you want remembers, go to do "A feast of fools" and one of the NM's to kill is..

Capricious Cassie

Jinko

Could be they haven't got round to that yet, they mentioned in the patch notes that there are still some achievements that aren't implimented yet.

I have done all the sidequests but 2 (Ifrit and Moogle) so I damn well want an achievement for that.

lol51

1. Is it possible to add a filter for company rewards. (default could be none)

I would have to do that manually and I prefer not to. The client doesnt have info about how to acquire items so anything like that has to be manually updated and id rather keep things based on client.

2. Is a crafting item (craftimanship +11)
also gathering
tooltip8071116.jpg

3. Pink gaiters is duplicate of the plain gaiters above it. (guess a couple slipped through the net)
That items that are Pink isn't getting merged with the other items because pink isn't an All-purpose dye color. I'll look into removing those OLD/Dated item colors.

Also relating to a search i did on CNJ is having achievement items showing up by default in the gear finder a good idea ? As awesome as the Paragons crown is I doubt I will ever get it.
Gear finder working as intended :p Goals are good.
Check All Results if you want more than top 3 results

All the items numbered don't have any stats relating to the ones I am searching for. (2 and 3 would be fine with deafult settings as they have MP)
I dont think there are items that have the traits you wanted in that slot.

Edit:- I found more, SE screwed your site up good and proper :( (this might be due to you not having uploaded all the tooltips)
All tooltips upgraded now.

Jinko

Looks like Jinko is Fooked.

I keep getting kicked off on him, no problem on my mule charcter. :(

Looks like something is glitching him.

Phew fixed it.

Ravidrath

Was wondering why NPCs took so long to load, so I did a tracert.

Does this look as bad as I think it does?

Tracing route to traceip.ffxiv.com [202.67.52.81]
over a maximum of 50 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 10.0.1.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 24 ms 21 ms 21 ms 76-219-224-2.lightspeed.irvnca.sbcglobal.net [76
.219.224.2]
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 22 ms 22 ms 23 ms 12.83.38.145
7 24 ms 24 ms 27 ms 151.164.102.98
8 24 ms 24 ms 24 ms xe-0-2-0-4.r04.lsanca03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.2
50.9.169]
9 33 ms 24 ms 24 ms ae-6.r21.lsanca03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.6
9]
10 140 ms 155 ms 137 ms as-1.r21.tokyjp01.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.1
46]
11 223 ms 156 ms 133 ms ae-1.r25.tokyjp01.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.7
3]
12 136 ms 137 ms 134 ms ae-5.a20.tokyjp01.jp.ra.gin.ntt.net [61.213.162.
170]
13 184 ms 155 ms 158 ms ge-2-2-1.a20.tokyjp01.jp.ra.gin.ntt.net [61.120.
146.94]
14 136 ms 134 ms 137 ms 219.117.144.2
15 135 ms 135 ms 133 ms 219.117.146.149
16 155 ms 132 ms 133 ms 219.117.146.129
17 142 ms 145 ms 144 ms 219.117.146.46
18 135 ms 143 ms 128 ms 202.67.52.81

Trace complete.​

Teknoman

Ping times are kinda high by the time they reach JP servers...i'll do one and see what I get for comparison.

EDIT: Nevermind, mine are about the same range, but I dont havent had npc appearance problems since 1.19 hit.

Jinko

Mine are over 280 ms by the time they get to Japan.

I have always had NPC loads in slow, still getting the stutter in Ul'dah aswell, wasn't noticeable after patch so im guessing its a server lag thing.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
To anyone who is not gonna play anymore:

We are running out of space, so please log in and drop your pearl if you have no intention of playing this game.

Do it now before the pay period comes up 2 weeks from now.

Mages are pretty cool. Nukes do hella dmg but drain your MP like a motherfucker.

Cool, to be expected. I should have 5 months payed up for, so I will ride this one out. I have faith in SE. I would be on more but my current situation has left me fearing for the safety of my computers.

Teknoman

To anyone who is not gonna play anymore:

We are running out of space, so please log in and drop your pearl if you have no intention of playing this game.

Do it now before the pay period comes up 2 weeks from now.

I dunno how many this is going to reach...but like I was talking about in that exp party the other night, we've got like 120 something members, but only about 20 something that are still around, plus more recent recruits.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I dunno how many this is going to reach...but like I was talking about in that exp party the other night, we've got like 120 something members, but only about 20 something that are still around, plus more recent recruits.

Hmm, temporary thread title change? lol

FFXIV OT Thread of DROP YOUR PEARLS YOU QUITTING MOTHERFUCKERS

:)

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Want me to change thread title?

Eh, I actually don't think it would help, really. I'm just gonna send PMs to everyone who I can remember who has a GAF account and a Red Dot pearl.

If anyone can help compile a list of who I need to send PMs to, that would be very helpful.

I have nothing to play right now. Thinking about picking this up. Just can't pull the trigger. Are there people here who could jump into earlier game stuff or will I be stuck with no one to play with since I have zero friends who play.

Teknoman

Come to Lindblum, probably plenty of people willing to give other lower level jobs a shot/people leveling up lower level jobs all the time.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I have nothing to play right now. Thinking about picking this up. Just can't pull the trigger. Are there people here who could jump into earlier game stuff or will I be stuck with no one to play with since I have zero friends who play.

Well, most of us are pretty high level already, although some still have some low level classes. It might be a little hit n' miss.

Well, most of us are pretty high level already, although some still have some low level classes. It might be a little hit n' miss.

Just bought. We'll see how it goes. It's gotta be better then FFXI, which I thought was garbage. If you had to randomly throw out a guess, how many hours of play are we talking to get to your "high level"?

kiryogi

Banned
I'm still sitting on 2 low level battle classes... I guess I will end up leveling archer considering how useful they've become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom