• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

That'll come in handy in the long run, especially instead of writing down everything after you get the materia. Always good to plan ahead.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Something like this?

MmYuy.png

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Hmm, maybe for the element resist materia, having "DEF" might be easier to understand.

Then for the element attack materia, "ATK" would make sense.

Allard

Even though it felt like a done deal before, they just announced on the forums that we will be able to at minimum change everything but our name one time upon 2.0's release.

* Gender Changes
* Race/Clan Changes
* Visual Appearance Changes

They are still contemplating name change but there is more technical issues related to it (The mass data shift between the two clients), but they want peoples opinions on the matter and whether they should pursue that option upon release of 2.0.

Great job as usual on the site Ultros. I noticed the lodestone has added an option to view dated recipes. Have you thought about adding them to your site? It would be nice since dated items are the only option for some slots.

scotcheggz

Our LS finally beat moogle tonight on our third event night, absolutely epic battle, king mog went apeshit and Koop resisted bind like a headcase, I think everyone died at least once!

Got mog blade and bow to two people who actually play GLA and ARC as their mains though so you can't say fairer than that. Really enjoyable fight. Had me pumped!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Our LS finally beat moogle tonight on our third event night, absolutely epic battle, king mog went apeshit and Koop resisted bind like a headcase, I think everyone died at least once!

Got mog blade and bow to two people who actually play GLA and ARC as their mains though so you can't say fairer than that. Really enjoyable fight. Had me pumped!

Grats! What server do you play on, again?

@ultros: Good shit, as always!

scotcheggz

Grats! What server do you play on, again?

@ultros: Good shit, as always!

Thanks! I play on Kashuan, my old FFXI LS dragged me into the game just about the time of the earthquake/tsunami. I keep meaning to roll a character on the gaf server too, specially if you guys are NA, becuase my LS are all in bed by 10pm my time lol.

Even though it felt like a done deal before, they just announced on the forums that we will be able to at minimum change everything but our name one time upon 2.0's release.

* Gender Changes
* Race/Clan Changes
* Visual Appearance Changes

They are still contemplating name change but there is more technical issues related to it (The mass data shift between the two clients), but they want peoples opinions on the matter and whether they should pursue that option upon release of 2.0.

Name change needs to happen. Time to go complain.

Just got to level 15. Time to call it a day. Thanks for all the links and guidance.

Hooked up with a couple people who were grinding the same area as me. Helped a ton and was a lot more fun then running around on your own. Awesome game. Curious to see how much changes over the coming months leading to the 2.0 patch. How much has changed already? Like, was this game completely fucked out the gate, or has a lot of the word on the street been exaggerated?

More than you could ever think possible.

It was pretty bad.

Haha. Well, I'm glad I waited. It's kept my attention longer then WoW, Warhammer Online, Everquest 2, Old Republic Beta, and Final Fantasy XI did. Guild Wars is the only MMO I've played longer. Room for improvement of course, so yeah. Be interesting to see all the changes coming.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Server merges

Hi, this is Producer/Director Yoshida here.

I understand your concern on the number of concurrent users.

Actually the world merge is currently in plan.

We will first analyze the number of players in the game after the billing service begins.
Based on that analysis, we will be running a simulation where the maximum concurrent access during the peak hours will become somewhere around 1500 to 2000 per World.
* The above number is provisional and not a finalized number.

And with the method on how the world merge will be done, it will not be done in a simple method where World A and World B will merge into a single new World.
In order for EU players to gather on the same server in a certain mass, we are planning to go with the method where the players from a World with a less population can designate the World they wish to transfer to.

With the details such as when and how it will be done, they will be announced once they are confirmed.
(I'm assuming that the next update should become available in mid-January.)

Munba

Nice news about servers!

Good King Moggle Mog official lyrics lol,

Good King Mog
Lord of all the land! (Kupo!)

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
Rules with iron hand!

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
Leads the brave and true!

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
Now come along and meet his trusty crew!
Kupo!

Kupta Kapa will clip your tuft
Split your hairs and ruffle your fluff

Kupdi Koop will throw you for a loop
Brave a wall of whiskers to find his troupe

Kupli Kipp is sly yet sweet
He’ll tickle your nose then tickle your feet

Jolly Kogi’s eye for fun is clear
He’ll put an arrow straight in your rear!

Pukla Puki plays with fire
Poms a-burning on her pyre

Puksi Piko likes her buddies big
To sing a little song and dance a little jig

Pukna Pako shivers and shakes
She’ll stick you in the gut and give you bellyaches

And who’s behind them, standing tall?
Why, the biggest moogle of them all!

(Spoken) Who!? Who!? Whoever could it be!?

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
Kind and noble lord (hear! hear!)

Nod your noggle nog
And mind your gob
Or he’ll put you to the sword!

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
His judgment you will dread!

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
What do you decree?
What do you decree?
What do you decree?

Off with their heads!

Ravidrath

Finally hit CNJ 45, so I'm ready for the following:

- Dzemael Darkhold
- Ifrit
- King Moggle Mog XII​

I want to get to 46 for the gear upgrade first, which I'll do over the holidays.

Ravidrath

Loving the site, Ultros.

Question, though: do you plan on adding where items come from?

It's great that I can search gear, but I'd like to know what dungeons I need to do go to, etc. to get it, etc.

lol51

Loving the site, Ultros.

Question, though: do you plan on adding where items come from?

It's great that I can search gear, but I'd like to know what dungeons I need to do go to, etc. to get it, etc.

I'm working on a system for packets analysis but this is greatly beyond my expertise.

lol51

You mean like YG's Updater utility or something?

I just mean, like... almost input it ourselves, or something.

Sounds easier but id rather find a way to keep user error out of it.

I wonder if log files store monster drops etc

edit: log files are so lacking

kiryogi

Banned
What to do , what to do :S
Its sorta tempting and I came to the realization I'm active during aussie and euro time on normal days. I only get to do GAF stuff on days off... but my loyalty will be with GAF even if I don't get to run with them much.

Varna

This game any closer to FFXI these days? I saw a single copy at Target and I was so tempted.. I still desperately want this to turn out good.

Ravidrath

This game any closer to FFXI these days? I saw a single copy at Target and I was so tempted.. I still desperately want this to turn out good.

WHO ARE YOU

...Yeah, I'm having fun for the time being. It's a lot easier to pick up and play than XI for the most part, and I'm liking the GAF LS a lot.

Also, regarding FFXIV-DB... can we get Catalysts added to the Materia tooltips?

Jinko

That's a good idea too. I wonder what would be the best way to organize it, since there is a different catalyst depending on the tier of materia.

Mouse over the materia to show compatible cataclyst ?

Question, Can we designate Lindblum as the EU server... K thx :D

Munba

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/33877-Happy-Holidays-from-the-Community-Team!

Happy Holidays from the Community Team!

Hey everyone!

We wanted to give you all a heads up about the planned holiday vacation here at the SEA office. Our offices will be closed starting next Monday, December 26th through January 2nd. During this time, there won't be any comments posted from us on the forums, so please bare with us (regular moderation will still take place, so...) The GM and Support Center will also remain open (barring major holiday dates!)

I'm sure the upcoming patch 1.20a will keep you all busy (and posting...) in our absence and we look forward to getting back into the saddle in the new year!

Happy holidays and have a safe and happy new year!

Some "content" in 1.20a patch maybe? I rememeber they wanted to put some chocobo armors in 1.20.. then that element desappeared from the patch news. Who knows.

Darte

There'll be a 1.20a and 1.20b from what they've announced.

iirc, one of the reps said 1.20a will include a fix for achievements that allow you to see progress towards it. Not sure on what else is being including in 1.20a, and i have no idea on 1.20b at all. I suppose the fix for easing up on the entry requirements for moogle battle will fit in either one.

But if it is like other patches, it'll mostly be bug fixes, and slight changes to existing content introduced in 1.20. Last time in 1.19, patch 1.19a introduced one of the beastmen areas that was held off for bug fixing, but that was announced well before hand, so we knew some content was being held back. That is not the case this time though.

Riposte

Hardly get invites... seem like I need to start making my own parties. No idea where to begin with that. Two healers and a bunch of melee? Guess I should look up leveling spots.

jiggle

dropped my pearl :(
so there should be at least 1 new opening :)

new patch this weekend then?

Like, was this game completely fucked out the gate, or has a lot of the word on the street been exaggerated?

off the top of my head
most fucked up thing was xp gain rates/amounts were completely random
you lose xp (from xp gain) if you play too much (the dev was actually angry that ppl were upset by this)
crazy amount of xp required for high level up
no item sort
no merchant ward search
no chocobo
no mobs to kill
no contents outside of leveling/leve
and a bunch of other stuffs

so yeah
it was not an exaggeration

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Just got to level 15. Time to call it a day. Thanks for all the links and guidance.

Hooked up with a couple people who were grinding the same area as me. Helped a ton and was a lot more fun then running around on your own. Awesome game. Curious to see how much changes over the coming months leading to the 2.0 patch. How much has changed already? Like, was this game completely fucked out the gate, or has a lot of the word on the street been exaggerated?

kiryogi

Banned
Hardly get invites... seem like I need to start making my own parties. No idea where to begin with that. Two healers and a bunch of melee? Guess I should look up leveling spots.

One or two healers works depending on what you're doing.

And just scream in Ul'dah for parties... or try that new confangled party search maybe. At least before party search, it's all I did daily and eventually found a party. Randoms can be good or bad :O Or also look out for others shouting/advertising in town.

And what lvl range are you?

Riposte

One or two healers works depending on what you're doing.

And just scream in Ul'dah for parties... or try that new confangled party search maybe. At least before party search, it's all I did daily and eventually found a party. Randoms can be good or bad :O Or also look out for others shouting/advertising in town.

And what lvl range are you?

I'm LNC 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom