• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

lol51

Added more detail to the specific Materia results

jClipboard02-1.jpg

Teknoman

Do the ants in Copperbell mine, or the Diremites near Nophica Wells. You're almost there to the range for best xp parties though :O IF you can get to 35-36, you can partake in raptor fun.

What sucks is that the party search is actually good for people looking for others to join their party, but no one seems to use it to find people. They put up those invite flags, but i'm sure if anyone gets invited. I know I havent been yet.

Jomjom

Banned
Man the female job armor looks cooler than the male ones. Has SE said anything about allowing us to change the sex of our characters when 2.0 launches?

scotcheggz

Man the female job armor looks cooler than the male ones. Has SE said anything about allowing us to change the sex of our characters when 2.0 launches?

I don't know if it's becuase I've only seen it on mithra, but that WHM armour is gonna look all kindsa funny on a male Hume lol.

Riposte

off the top of my head
most fucked up thing was xp gain rates/amounts were completely random
you lose xp (from xp gain) if you play too much (the dev was actually angry that ppl were upset by this)
crazy amount of xp required for high level up
no item sort
no merchant ward search
no chocobo
no mobs to kill
no contents outside of leveling/leve
and a bunch of other stuffs

so yeah
it was not an exaggeration

The most fucked up thing by far was the super laggy menus.

Varna

...Yeah, I'm having fun for the time being. It's a lot easier to pick up and play than XI for the most part, and I'm liking the GAF LS a lot.

I know they have done a lot of work and are planning to do even more for the "re-release" (does anyone have an article on what exactly they are planning?). My only experience is from the beta which I thought was just horrible. Are things still largely the same? Combat, content and quest wise?

lol51

The most fucked up thing by far was the super laggy menus.

how about these great moments:

- Most items max was 12 and not 99
- Shards were capped at 999 and not 9999
- Inventory was capped at 100 items
- Market wards were named ffxiv nouns instead of item categories
- You had to get a level 40 monster drop to craft a level 8 item

inventory management still sucks btw. takes an entire evening to clean out inventory.

Teknoman

I know they have done a lot of work and are planning to do even more for the "re-release" (does anyone have an article on what exactly they are planning?). My only experience is from the beta which I thought was just horrible. Are things still largely the same? Combat, content and quest wise?

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html

For re-release stuff click on 2.0. For everything else, go to the forums and check the letters/update notes.

Teknoman

Ravidrath

Combat, content and quest wise?

Combat and character progression was completely overhauled last week. I haven't played with all the classes, but I'm really liking the changes to Conjurer. My impression is that everyone is rather pleased with it, though?

There is a lot more content now - there isn't a ton yet, but there is a fair amount if you're starting now. There are two raid dungeons now and two optional boss battles. The next update will have two more raid dungeons, as well as jobs, and some kind of "Hamlet defense" repeatable content... really hoping it's similar to Campaign Battle in XI, personally.

There are a lot of quests now - the game launched with zero sidequests, and now there are like 100. They're spaced every few levels, and give exp. and gear or gil rewards.

Varna

Still with this awful patching system... oh well. All the changes sound good. I am hopeful.

There are a lot of quests now - the game launched with zero sidequests, and now there are like 100. They're spaced every few levels, and give exp. and gear or gil rewards.

LOL I remember all the, "HEY it's just a beta guys. The actual release will have tons of quest!"

Is there still room in the GAF LS?

Varna

Already regret getting this. I don't have my ID and there doesn't seem to be any fast way to get it. What a fucken joke.

Varna

ID? What ID?

Not sure what you're having a problem with. Can you elaborate a little, I can help you out.

Square Enix ID. They give an easy enough password retrieval but for the ID it's a whole ordeal that involves contacting customer support. Anyhow, I kept trying different ones and got it eventually.

But again... still absolutely regretting this. I ran the benchmark just to make sure I would have no issues (7000+ score) and obviously I'm pretty confident I shouldn't have any... load up the game... 20 FPS in the tutorial area with my GPUs running at 99%. What the fuck? This very same scene ran flawlessly in the benchmark.

i5-2500k, SLI 580GTX, 8GB of ram.

Square Enix ID. They give an easy enough password retrieval but for the ID it's a whole ordeal that involves contacting customer support. Anyhow, I kept trying different ones and got it eventually.

But again... still absolutely regretting this. I ran the benchmark just to make sure I would have no issues (7000+ score) and obviously I'm pretty confident I shouldn't have any... load up the game... 20 FPS in the tutorial area with my GPUs running at 99%. What the fuck? This very same scene ran flawlessly in the benchmark.

Let me guess: you set General Drawing Quality to 10 (Maximum). Leave it at 8 (Normal).

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Turn off Ambient Occlusion, and Depth of Field as well.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Haha. Well, I'm glad I waited. It's kept my attention longer then WoW, Warhammer Online, Everquest 2, Old Republic Beta, and Final Fantasy XI did. Guild Wars is the only MMO I've played longer. Room for improvement of course, so yeah. Be interesting to see all the changes coming.

lol I just saw your application to the LS website. You don't know a lot of gaf memes, do you lol.

Ravidrath

Bleh, was planning on getting on for a bit tonight, and realized that I forgot my laptop's charger in my hurry to pack this morning.

Will pick one up tomorrow while I do my last-minute Xmas shopping to get my last leveling in.

lol I just saw your application to the LS website. You don't know a lot of gaf memes, do you lol.

Haha. I was so fucking confused by what I was filling out. I was thrown off by the fact it just brought me to that page after I registered. I thought I had to register on the site, then sign up to be in the guild or whatever. So when it just shot me to that after registering for the site, I was just like "what the hell is going on here?"

Amneisac

It is.

Are you going to stay past the pay period? If not please drop your pearl.

Honestly, I haven't had a chance to play since 2.0 came out and I just got it reinstalled on my computer last night. I'll check it out over the next few days, but I will drop my pearl if I'm not going to subscribe. When does the free trial period end?

Honestly, I haven't had a chance to play since 2.0 came out and I just got it reinstalled on my computer last night. I'll check it out over the next few days, but I will drop my pearl if I'm not going to subscribe. When does the free trial period end?

The 5th of January, I think.

Munba

Guys, i think i have a problem since the last patch or 2. My colors seems too much 'bright' sometimes (the names over the characters seems lamps lol) and during the night, the 'whites' are all 'blu-ish'.. like this (and the clouds have this problem):

white.jpg

Do you think it's a TV problem or video card? Or what.

Jinko

Guys, i think i have a problem since the last patch or 2. My colors seems too much 'bright' sometimes (the names over the characters seems lamps lol) and during the night, the 'whites' are all 'blu-ish'.. like this (and the clouds have this problem):

white.j

Do you think it's a TV problem or video card? Or what.

Neither isn't it supposed to look like ?

Munba

Ok, my mind is broken lol

Btw, what a ugly effect..

edit:
there is no more the possibility to buy items directly from market item search? ..i can't do it.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Ok, my mind is broken lol

Btw, what a ugly effect..

edit:
there is no more the possibility to buy items directly from market item search? ..i can't do it.

You need to be outside the market, can't buy from any row.

lol51

Huh, FFXIV-DB broken for anyone else? When I search it says "X Results Found," but doesn't actually show them.

Database update complete. Revised item tooltips will be coming in a few hours.

Also:
- Updated the Navigation menu. This one is sleeker, renders better on mobile devices, allows me to add a new feature in the coming hours...
- Updated the Map viewer. This one is quicker loading, html5, and renders on mobile devices

Some notes on 1.20a
- New Item (Beastcoin) "Unmarked Keystone"
- Repair class for Ranger's Hat, Ranger's Hat (Red), Rainmaker's Hat, and Rainmaker's Hat (Blue) changed from Leatherworker to Weaver
- Defense for Felt Trousers (Green), Felt Trousers (Blue), and Felt Trousers (Brown) raised from 81 to 130
- Loads of french item translation Fixes
- Clarification of some skill description eg (Murderous Intent: Changed "Throw yourself into your attacks, increasing crit rate." to "Throw yourself into your blows, increasing critical hit rate of physical attacks.")

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
They updated it in the Command list - I have no idea why they would do that.

lol that is odd.

Enemies can still use the old skills, but as far as I recall, there weren't any enemies that used Murderous Intent. Furthermore, it's not as if players would be able to see it.

Well, actually, now that we can hover over status icons and see a tooltip, that would be a scenario where we would need an updated text description.

Ravidrath

Minor request, Ultros...

Can you make it so that if you click on "Thaumaturge" or "Conjurer" under "Weapons" that you don't need to select One-Handed or Two-Handed, and it'll show all of them?

I generally don't care overly about the handed-ness of my weapons, and just want to know what the next one is.

I kind of feel that the same thing would be useful for crafters' primary and secondary tools, too - I never really think about the secondaries, but would if I could just see them all in the same list.

lol51

Minor request, Ultros...

Can you make it so that if you click on "Thaumaturge" or "Conjurer" under "Weapons" that you don't need to select One-Handed or Two-Handed, and it'll show all of them?

Done for CON and THM

I kind of feel that the same thing would be useful for crafters' primary and secondary tools, too - I never really think about the secondaries, but would if I could just see them all in the same list.

I need to catchup on steam stuff and than ill do that too for crafting

Im currently working on something for site - feedback appreciated... Ive only gotten info for Skull Valley to build the framework on website end of it.

Items will display where to obtain them:

where.png

And following that link takes the player to:

http://www.ffxiv-db.com/maps.php?zone=SkullValley

Where they have a map and a key

Clipboard02-3.png

key.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom