• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravidrath

Wow, that looks amazing, Ultros!

Where are you getting all the data?

If I have any feedback on it, I'd say that I think that it'd read better if it were to the right of the item data, rather than to the left? On the left side it looks like Google WordSense ads to me, or something because the image is kind of the "header" for the data, and it's floating outside of that.

Jinko

Wow you can repair equipped gear, I've been wanting this for ages, there are a few problems with it though.

1. You can't use it to repair your own gear
2. it request that you fix all the gear regardless of durbability.

still better than it was.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I just applied now. Have been playing on and off; highest character is MRD at 32, but I'll be working to change that in the near future...

Haha. Yes. Turned it down to 8 and running extremely well.

First impressions are good. Glad they modeled the combat closer to FFXI. Playing with gamepad/keyboard feels good again.

Haha. I was so fucking confused by what I was filling out. I was thrown off by the fact it just brought me to that page after I registered. I thought I had to register on the site, then sign up to be in the guild or whatever. So when it just shot me to that after registering for the site, I was just like "what the hell is going on here?"

Send me a tell in game to get a pearl.

Ravidrath

Hnggggghhh.... Almost CNJ 50!

Should get it tonight after I do a few more GC leves.

Anyone up for Darkhold this weekend?

Wow you can repair equipped gear, I've been wanting this for ages, there are a few problems with it though.

1. You can't use it to repair your own gear
2. it request that you fix all the gear regardless of durbability.

still better than it was.

Yeah, hopefully they fix some of these things with 1.20b - it needs to be limited to just yellow/red things, and not let people repair stuff that's already at 100%.

I'd be curious about a "repair all gear yourself without changing jobs" thing, but it'd kind of go against the way everything else in the game works.

Buttons

Got my first Moogle drop today, the Moogle wand for my Con that I wanted. Yay. :D

Now I'd really like the Fork and the Cane. *__*/

Jinko

and not let people repair stuff that's already at 100%.

It tells you that the item is already at 100% and you can not repair it.

I agree that it should either only let the user flag red/yellow items or let them click the items they want to be repaired.

Ravidrath

Boo, just got CNJ50 and... you can't even get exp. up to the next level without it rolling over?

Annoying that it's telling me I'm getting exp., but the number sits at 0.

Also, does anyone know if Earth Magic Potency improves Stoneskin?

It tells you that the item is already at 100% and you can not repair it.

I agree that it should either only let the user flag red/yellow items or let them click the items they want to be repaired.

Oh, huh - some guys in the LS were saying it basically let you steal money from people by repeatedly repairing things. Glad that super-obvious oversight didn't make it in.

Ravidrath

Is there any kind of guarantee that a character created on the PC version will be transferrable to PS3 2.0 next year?

All characters will be kept - they have stated this multiple times.

As with XI, the game is platform-agnostic - the PS3 version is just a different client that connects to the same servers. So, yes, it will carry over to the PS3 version, as well.

lol51

This one is simple, but in order to earn the 'Get All the Things!" achievement:
After completing the quest in Hyrstmill and getting the Dragon Kabuto - travel to all 3 towns and speak to the Black Rabbit Trader NPC (they are the ones around the holiday arrangements).

Haha, this is awesome.

8k7ib.jpg

Riposte

The story behind the sidequest Thaumaturgy is pretty good, but they just made it a vanilla MMO quest(text from starter NPC + kill monster + text from starter NPC). If this was FFXI it would have a bunch of good cutscenes. Shame.

Munba

The 'Dragon Helm' quest had a small but cute cutscene, hope this is the trend for all the future side-quests as well.

jiggle

so if i don't plan to continue playing until 1.21
i don't have to take any action to cancel service ya?
it's automatic?

i noticed all my characters were already auto-cancelled
but the xiv account is not?

Jinko

so if i don't plan to continue playing until 1.21
i don't have to take any action to cancel service ya?
it's automatic?

i noticed all my characters were already auto-cancelled
but the xiv account is not?

Yea your payments will be automatically suspended unless you take action.

Jomjom

Banned
Are they going to reboot the game at any time (i.e. everyone starts at lvl 1 again and has to make new characters)? I can't remember.

Ravidrath

Are they going to reboot the game at any time (i.e. everyone starts at lvl 1 again and has to make new characters)? I can't remember.

No, they were very explicit that no one will lose progress in the move to 2.0.

The period before 2.0 is the "level up for the new content" and "get a front-row seat to the apocalypse" bit.

Jomjom

Banned
No, they were very explicit that no one will lose progress in the move to 2.0.

The period before 2.0 is the "level up for the new content" and "get a front-row seat to the apocalypse" bit.

Thanks. This is what I thought but I wasn't sure.

Did they say we would be able to change race/sex or no?

Ravidrath

Did they say we would be able to change race/sex or no?

Yes, you will be able to re-customize an existing character when 2.0 launches.

They'll be adding female Highlander Hyur, male Miqo'te and female Roegadyn, so they want people to have a chance to select those.

Darte

I can't help but fell that my mages are really weak.

Not sure what Level range and which class you're talking but THM gets ridiculously powered up later at the cost of MP intensive spells which require mp management. CON on the other hand...was never meant to be much of a powerhouse...

Yes, you will be able to re-customize an existing character when 2.0 launches.

They'll be adding female Highlander Hyur, male Miqo'te and female Roegadyn, so they want people to have a chance to select those.

It will be your chance to become a catgirl. Don't waste it.

Unless you're already a catgirl. Then you've been awesome all this time already.

Not sure what Level range and which class you're talking but THM gets ridiculously powered up later at the cost of MP intensive spells which require mp management. CON on the other hand...was never meant to be much of a powerhouse...

I am still in the 30 range for both CON and THM because of time restraints. But since I have been in the same range through the past few updates the change is very noticeable. It seems as if they have moved away from solo play for those jobs in favor of clearly defined roles for parties.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member

OOOOO

So nice.

Maybe i will switch from taru to male mithra.... on 2.0.

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm interesting, I really hate the random spawn times on this content, I've been wanting to do the Imperial stuff for ages but never managed to find an NPC to start it.

Sad that SE still haven;t learned how to make enjoyable content regardless of time zone.

P.s mancat looks cool.

I only saw imperial assault on Camp Glory after 1.20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom