• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

This is going to make me want to use a Gobbue more than a Chocobo...that music is really nice. Seconded on missing quests to obtain stuff like this, but its just a limited time special thing for people that are around pre 2.0 so we an give this a pass I guess.

Ravidrath

Make sure you have multiple keyboards still available from the Keyboards and Languages list.
ALT+Shift is default, but you can create your own shortcut to directly switch to the language of your choice.

Yeah, I've got both English and Japanese/IME in the setup, but there is no EN / JP button pulldown to select them with.

Here's what I'm seeing:

IME.png

Note that I turned off the other shit, like conversation method, toolbox, etc.

This is going to make me want to use a Gobbue more than a Chocobo...that music is really nice. Seconded on missing quests to obtain stuff like this, but its just a limited time special thing for people that are around pre 2.0 so we an give this a pass I guess.

Yeah, that music is really nice, and tonally the opposite of the insanely overly-bombastic Chocobo theme.

Riposte

Years from now this will be considered that one great underrated Square-Enix soundtrack everyone listens to the first time through youtube links on a forum.

EDIT: I can't quite remember it, but what is that short theme that pops up at the end of the video? I know it is from the game itself.

Jinko

Seconded on missing quests to obtain stuff like this, but its just a limited time special thing for people that are around pre 2.0 so we an give this a pass I guess.

What quests are required ?

Yeah, that music is really nice, and tonally the opposite of the insanely overly-bombastic Chocobo theme.

Agreed I would probably end up favouring the Goobbue just because the music is pretty relaxing.

Ravidrath

My guess is that the "limited time" means that the quest will only be available this month.

Basically, there will be an incentive to play every month until 2.0.

My guess is that the "limited time" means that the quest will only be available this month.

Basically, there will be an incentive to play every month until 2.0.

I'm curious about this. I wonder if the pre 2.0 players will get to keep the mount after the quest is no longer available and after version 2.0 launches.

Ravidrath

I'm curious about this. I wonder if the pre 2.0 players will get to keep the mount after the quest is no longer available and after version 2.0 launches.

No, that would defeat the point of it.

They've said there will be exclusive rewards and things for people that play prior to 2.0. The Goobbue mount is one of those things.

Basically, instead of paying $25 for a mount after the relaunch, we're paying our subscription fee to get the rare shit.

No, that would defeat the point of it.

They've said there will be exclusive rewards and things for people that play prior to 2.0. The Goobbue mount is one of those things.

Basically, instead of paying $25 for a mount after the relaunch, we're paying out subscription fee to get the rare shit.

Huh? That wouldn't be a very exclusive reward if they revoke it after 2.0 launches. I was asking if the current players get to keep the mount permanently. Their limited time wording is vague.

VertPin

Hi Gaf, I'm not an avid poster, so excuse me for asking this out in the blue.
I am very curious as to buying this game tomorrow. I heard at launch it was pretty bad, but seeing as I am a huge Final Fantasy fan I cannot simply let the opinion take control. Should I purchase the game and play it? Is it still "bad"?

kiryogi

Banned
I am very curious as to buying this game tomorrow. I heard at launch it was pretty bad, but seeing as I am a huge Final Fantasy fan I cannot simply let the opinion take control. Should I purchase the game and play it? Is it still "bad"?

It's come a long way, it's actually playable now. . . I think Renta and some others had a better post for it some where in this thread.

Ravidrath

It's not "great," but I think it's "worth playing" at the moment. Especially if you're just starting out. There's a fair amount of content now, and the combat is pretty fun, neither of which were the case at launch.

It's still steadily improving, and they're doing a great job of revamping the game. And if you play before 2.0 you'll get nice, exclusive bonus items like the Goobbue mount.

VertPin

It's come a long way, it's actually playable now. . . I think Renta and some others had a better post for it some where in this thread.

It's not "great," but I think it's "worth playing" at the moment. Especially if you're just starting out.

It's still steadily improving, and they're doing a great job of revamping the game.

Thank you, the both of you. Now I will hunt out a copy tomorrow! But I may ask....
does this FF have the victory fanfare? Always loved the jingle.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Thank you, the both of you. Now I will hunt out a copy tomorrow! But I may ask....
does this FF have the victory fanfare? Always loved the jingle.

On dungeons and Primal yes.

Also on level up :D

As others have said, it's come a long way since launch. And really, anyone who's planning to play FFXIV when 2.0 comes out they should get the game now for dirt-cheap since 2.0 will be a free update to existing owners. Unless you want to get it on PS3.

I'm really enjoying the game though, actually came back to it from TOR. ;) I think the victory fanfare is in the game but you don't hear it when you level up.

I remember in the alpha when someone leveled up you heard it and it could be anyone no matter if they were in the party or not. It was the only music you heard out in the world.

You sure? I don't remember hearing it on level up anymore. Could be wrong though, I know it used to be on level up.

VertPin

Oh God yes. I am so looking forward to tomorrow! Day off of work too!
(Also, this will be my first MMO...very excited. I skipped on XI. :C) I also must know the classes. I cannot seem to find a link to all of the classes. Sorry. I am a noob. :x

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Oh God yes. I am so looking forward to tomorrow! Day off of work too!
(Also, this will be my first MMO...very excited. I skipped on XI. :C) I also must know the classes. I cannot seem to find a link to all of the classes. Sorry. I am a noob. :x

Beside fan sites, you can look at http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html (Play Guide) and know the basics.

A few useful links are:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com
http://www.ffxiv-db.com
http://ffxiv.yg.com
http://ffxiv.zam.com
http://www.ffxivcore.com

Buttons

I love that new chocobo armour. Know what my LS will be doing this weekend. Chocobo Caravan security for points to buy the new armour. *__*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom