• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

enemyairship

Neo Member
What a bummer. Took my time installing the game because I had people over. I should've thrown them out and gotten on sooner to get into Lindblum.

Will wait to hear what other servers matter...

Let me in

So I have 8 leves in my inventory and I have completed them all. There are 4 battlecraft and 2 fieldcraft from Grid and 2 battlecraft from Uldah. I still have leves that have not been done and I can't exchange new ones for the ones that are complete. What's the deal? I thought I was doing this in beta.

The NPC says "there are no exchangeable leves." Is there a cooldown for exchanging?

Teknoman

Everyone still trying to join Lindblum: Just wait, it'll return to the list. Something similar happened in beta when too many people flooded into that one server.

Let me in

Yeah, there's no way any of these servers at totally full yet. There's just tons of volume and they're trying to divert the flow of incoming users to other servers.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well... I got the game installed, but Lindblum is not on the list of available worlds. Anyone else get this?

Edit: Saw the message. I'll wait it out. Install was easy btw. :D

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
hmmm - not having much luck. the wife got her LE but the thing installs but simply dies on boot up with "問題があります" - which isn't entirely helpful in terms of errors.

installed, reinstalled, admin mod, compat mode, direct X updated - same thing :/
love the troubleshooting guide in the manual too - oh wait, there isn't one! huzzah!

Kintaro

BTW, I picked Gladiator to start. Anyone else going Galka? I figured you small creatures needed something to protect you.

kiryogi

Banned
Waaait does that mean I'm screwed as well? Or did open beta gurantee me a spot on lindblum? I knew I shoulda made my char before work.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
kiryogi said:
Waaait does that mean I'm screwed as well? Or did open beta gurantee me a spot on lindblum? I knew I shoulda made my char before work.

You're guaranteed your old character + name.

Well I got Pugilist to 7, Alchemist to 6, and Leather Working to 5. I can no longer seem to take or find any more leves at this point so I'm at a loss of what to do. I logged for the night and will have to get a LS pearl from one of the Ul'dah sack carries another time.

hgplayer1

Finished up Treasures of the Main in Limsa and Im sitting at 12k gil and Gladiator 2 Physical 3.

The battlecraft leves look like crap in Limsa so tomorrow Im gonna do some traveling and see what the other cities have to offer.

I would say the game seems to be running a little better on my PC but not much. My connection is always in the green so thats good.

Looking forward to grinding over the weekend and finding some gear! Right before open beta I ended up with some nice armor that Im hoping Ill be able to get again.

hgplayer1

Coverly said:
How are you guys getting your game patched? The updater for me sits at 0% with no activity until it times out. ;_;

Theres a way to do it manually if you have a torrent client like utorrent.

I had to do it myself since the games updater was stuck.

Im pretty tired right now but Im sure someone else can explain the process.

lupinko

Hmm, I was able to make a character and try stuff out, but since it was mentioned that the in-game code items only apply to before the characters are created. I'll probably just wait for my friend to give me his unused FFXIII code then. I wasn't happy with my design anyway.

But from what I played, which wasn't much, I liked it a bit, hopefully that continues with this game. =)

SOLDIER

Asking again:

I had an issue with the beta where the text size and UI were too small when playing on a big screen TV at 1920x1080. For anyone else who can enjoy a similar setup, could you try it out and let me know if they fixed this?

If not, is there a manual fix you can do in order to customize the text window to be bigger? FFXI had a fix like this, so I'm hoping this follows suit.

Also, does the PS3 chatpad work with this game? If so, I may use PS3 controller+chatpad.

Coverly

hgplayer1 said:
Theres a way to do it manually if you have a torrent client like utorrent.

I had to do it myself since the games updater was stuck.

Im pretty tired right now but Im sure someone else can explain the process.

Thanks I started reading the thread backwards and found a link for the patches along with a youtube on how to do it.

Question: Do they charge you only once for creating an extra character or do they charge you every month as long as that extra slot is active?

Kagari said:
Okay so I finally got this thing installed and patched. Before I do anything should I go register the bonus items?

Yes. You must register the items before you create a character if you want the items on that character!

Teknoman

Does the maintenance effect patching?

We are experiencing congestion of player characters in certain areas of the Gysahl World and the Lindblum World, in addition to the worlds mentioned in the previous announcement. Due to this, character creation on these worlds has also been suspended.

We will inform you when character creation is reinstated.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

*Character creation is suspended on the following worlds.
- Gysahl World
- Mysidia World
- Figaro World
- Lindblum World
- Selbina World

In other words, only the worlds from the best FF games.

Cathcart

Did a lot of running around to night to go find a friend in a different city but I made some progress. Got carpenter to 8 and botanist to 7. Still haven't picked up a weapon :lol

hgplayer1

saw this on the Lodestone for those of you who selected "register new account" when registering your XIV code.

Square Enix said:
If you happen to register new service account during the transferal from FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, you will not be able to transfer the Player Character name and obtain in-game bonus item.

If you participated in the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta, a FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Service Account should be present under your SQUARE ENIX account. This FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Service Account can be transferred to the official release.
* Note that this FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Service Account by itself does not allow for play.

Once you enter the registration code included with your game, you will be able to choose whether you want to transfer your FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Service Account to the official release or if you want to create a new FINAL FANTASY XIV Service Account. Please take care not to select the option to create a new FINAL FANTASY XIV Service Account unless you wish to lose all character information tied to your FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Service Account.

Please be aware that if you register any bonus item codes to your FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Service Account, you will not be able to redeem those items unless you transfer that FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Service Account to the official release.

In case you have registered new service account by mistake, please wait until the application procedure on how to correct the registration is announced.

Teknoman said:
Does the maintenance effect patching?

you should be able to patch it via utorrent even during maintenance. did you ever use that during beta?

nataku

Is Lindblum even actually up, or am I just pointlessly refreshing the server list by hitting previous/next a bunch of times?

Edit: Fuck. Just saw Tek's post.

Teknoman

hgplayer1 said:
saw this on the Lodestone for those of you who selected "register new account" when registering your XIV code.

you should be able to patch it via utorrent even during maintenance. did you ever use that during beta?

Nope, I downloaded most of the patches directly from Gromph's site. After that, the downloader started working perfectly. Now, for some reason it got to 51.2 and then just keeps timing out. I could just download the entire patch from XIVcore, but I thought after my positive update experiences around the final part of the beta would carry over to early retail.

jiggle

hgplayer1 said:
In case you have registered new service account by mistake, please wait until the application procedure on how to correct the registration is announced.

gah
already too high rank/level to restart now
not that good anyway.................

Teknoman

Personally i'd just say wait. All the servers are probably going to be packed sooner or later.

EDIT: I guess i'll go ahead and manually download the patch, but I really hope this wont be the solution to go to for every patch.

Kintaro

So, will we be using GAF as our main forum? A thread in the Online forum? Or will someone set up a separate forum for us?

tenderoni

Neo Member
Well, can't play the game on my computer as planned... Can't rationalize buying a new computer for the sole purpose of playing this game. I already registered my game code with SE. Is there anyway to sell the game now? Or would I have to sell my whole SE account?

Teknoman

NeoForte said:
I don't see an option for hardware mouse. Was it really added? Or did I read something wrong before?

Do you have the most recent patch? If so, it should be in the start button -> FFXIV config menu.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
After registering my codes, the game now won't go past the SE logo. It shows the logo then goes to a black screen and stays there. Awesome.
EDIT: Now, it's still giving me black screens, but with a pop-up window that says, "Unable to detect DirectX device. The program has shut down. Please restart FFXIV.".

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Me and some friends are playing on rabanastre, nice to see some of gaf is gonna be there too =D

my friend is a conj named Pope Benedict :D

he's a old man conj :lol :lol

kiryogi

Banned
Nice! I guess I can still access Lindblum :D Yay for playing open beta. see you folks in a few. Actually, who's on right now in Limsa?

mileS

kiryogi said:
Nice! I guess I can still access Lindblum :D Yay for playing open beta. see you folks in a few. Actually, who's on right now in Limsa?

I wasn't in the beta It just let me join Lindblum I now have 2 characters there. Did it about 5 min ago.

I'm in Limsa right now I just logged to change a couple settings.

LINDBLUM IS OPEN TRY AGAIN!

Munba

Almost actual numbers:

Mysidia 2610    
Gysahl  2390
Selbina   2260    
Figaro  2200   
Cornelia  2150    
Lindblum 2400
Wutai    1800    
Istory  1080   
Besaid   1050    
Fabul  1000
Rabanastre 1747    
Kashuan 1096  
Melmond   975    
Saronia  900
Palamecia 1153    
Trabia  1531
Bodhum 1000

I remember the maximum capacity per server was 10.000 (i'm right?). So i think they closed those server temporary to distribuite better the population in the beginning.

Teknoman

TAJ said:
After registering my codes, the game now won't go past the SE logo. It shows the logo then goes to a black screen and stays there. Awesome.
EDIT: Now, it's still giving me black screens, but with a pop-up window that says, "Unable to detect DirectX device. The program has shut down. Please restart FFXIV.".

Restart your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom