• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmagus

004prw.jpg

003pxjr.jpg

002oay.jpg

001qlt.jpg

Effect

At what point is it possible to travel from Gridania to the other cities? I like the area and the story seems interest (only a level 7 Lancer) but no one is around. A blog comment on Lodestone said that many people use Udah (sure that's not spelled correctly) as the main hub on Cornelia now. I guess I could always restart the character but like I said I like the story at the moment.

Jinko

At what point is it possible to travel from Gridania to the other cities? I like the area and the story seems interest (only a level 7 Lancer) but no one is around. A blog comment on Lodestone said that many people use Udah (sure that's not spelled correctly) as the main hub on Cornelia now. I guess I could always restart the character but like I said I like the story at the moment.

You can walk there pretty much at any level (stay on the road south), if you had started on Lindblum I would have jumped on and teleported you.

Ravidrath

Yeah, just head South along the road, and you'll get to Thanalan, the region with Ul'dah.

If you head there now, you should be able to kill the low-level marmots that litter the path there and level up along the way, too.

From Ul'dah, follow the road West until you reach the Ferry, and take the Ferry to Limsa-Lominsa.

Allard

Revamping Food and Medicine
http://sqex.to/RBQ

Basically they are making food almost exactly like FFXI's system with a couple tweaks and then medicine becomes similar to just about every MMO under the sun, can't complain about that. Should make alchemy a lot nicer when more medical applications become necessary/more useful in the field (Potions and Ethers being the most obvious). The food getting EXP buffs is a nice touch and will make them almost a requirement when out leveling. FFXI's food 'buff' system is one my favorites in all MMO's because of its unique percentage/cap mix. It allows lower level food to be more useful on lower levels, and higher lvl food to more useful for higher levels, but it doesn't make one food the best across all levels. Same can obviously be said for medicine too now, might take a bit to figure out what is the best medicine and food for each level range and obviously for the purpose you want from it. (Tank food, mage food, gathering food, crafting food etc.)

Jinko

Yup, it will be easy to figure out than 11 because we have stat effects in the tooltips.

Can finally pick up Alchemy again.

Allard

Anybody checking out Tera this first closed beta weekend?

Can't do another MMO till I uninstall some other ones on my computer or get a new computer lol. Down to 40 Gigs on my main desktop even after getting rid of most of media ._.;. Got WoW, SWTOR, FFXI, FFXIV and several Steam PC games on it right now and its an older HDD. So although Tera interests me, I am not paying to get into closed beta when I can't even install it without losing something else I am still playing (Plus who has the time these days? Not me that's who!)

Effect

Thanks. I'll try taking a trip down there tonight when I get a chance. How long does it take anima to regenerate? Was it something like one point every six hours (real time)?

Ravidrath

Thanks. I'll try taking a trip down there tonight when I get a chance. How long does it take anima to regenerate? Was it something like one point every six hours (real time)?

Yeah, I think that's what it is.

In other words, don't spend it like crazy. A lot of people make that mistake early on.

Between rental Chocobos and Airships, there are good gil-based alternatives to anima now, and I highly recommend using them. A rental Chocobo will cover all your travel needs for leves until you can get a personal one, pretty much.

Ravidrath

I guess it's a 2.0 thing? But I believe they said that you'd be able to bind medicines to your action bar, too, to make it easy to pop a pill before a proceeding with a puissant pummeling.

Teknoman

Finally, missed eating food/drinking things as part of a strategy. I wonder if jump will be implemented in this patch as well?

Oh and update:

Naoki_Yoshida said:
Hello everyone, Producer/Director Yoshida here.

I’d first like to thank you for all of your posts.
I’ve been looking at the threads across all regions and I’m sorry that this has caused a huge disturbance amongst each of the regions.

Currently, we're seeing a lot of feedback that favors plan ②, and we're considering revisions that use plan ② as a base while retaining the merits of plan ④. The operations and development teams will continue to gather everyone’s feedback while we investigate further. This is also a technical matter and we also need to confirm schedule timing, so I’m sorry to say that we’ll need some additional time and that this will continue through the weekend and into the start of next week.

For the Topics announcement, we considered temporarily taking it down, but we decided against that as we feared that if players were unable to see the information, you wouldn’t be able to discuss it with the same background knowledge. Therefore, we’ll be keeping the current announcement up as we go into next week.

Just to reiterate, there are a lot of players that are voicing their concerns, and we will strive to find an acceptable balance as much as possible before moving forward. Therefore please keep this in mind and try to understand our reasoning.

Allard

Finally, missed eating food/drinking things as part of a strategy. I wonder if jump will be implemented in this patch as well?

Oh and update:

Was happy to see that, he probably saw option 4 as the easiest technically to spread people out and more or less restart communities on the new servers, but he failed to see just how much people cared about potentially being separated from friends for no other reason then because they failed to produce a central place for all their community to go to if they so desired. The people who want to start with a whole new community can do it if they want, and the people would rather stay with what they got can do so as well. That is why option 2 is the best one. The less inconvenience you give to already established communities the better.

Teknoman

So about the "Intra-city travel: Implementation of system allowing for warping within each city-state". We've already got normal teleporting as well as airships...so has Yoshi or any other dev stated what makes this so different? Free warps or something, because either way...people are probably still going to hang in Ul'dah more than anywhere else if that was their goal.

That is unless guildleves from different city regions will have some sort of unique benefit again (after guildmark usefulness was set aside for the time being).

Jinko

So about the "Intra-city travel: Implementation of system allowing for warping within each city-state". We've already got normal teleporting as well as airships...so has Yoshi or any other dev stated what makes this so different? Free warps or something, because either way...people are probably still going to hang in Ul'dah more than anywhere else if that was their goal.

That is unless guildleves from different city regions will have some sort of unique benefit again (after guildmark usefulness was set aside for the time being).

It's warping within a city, ie from the dunes to the alchemy distrtict.

Darryl

Banned
those food/medicine changes look great. it's gonna help a lot in improving the useless fishing class.

i always liked the extra flexibility that XI's food system gave your character, it's nice to see it making it into this game.

Cmagus

lol Tek I was wondering what the heck you were doing on that bench behind me.
Hopefully tonight if anyone is gonna be on we can get some PL'ing done to catch everyone up and kill some moogles and ifirit.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
So..

Thinking of making Red Dot II (or whatever damn name) tonight and moving the active players over to that. I know a few were in favor of that last night but I'd still like some more input. That way we can still see if any of the older players decide to come back before merger and we can get some breathing room for invites as well.

Should have probably done this before it went pay to play..

@Cmagus: I'll be there :p

Teknoman

So..

Thinking of making Red Dot II (or whatever damn name) tonight and moving the active players over to that. I know a few were in favor of that last night but I'd still like some more input. That way we can still see if any of the older players decide to come back before merger and we can get some breathing room for invites as well.

Arent the shells going to be broken either way?

Btw, monster bingo:

iDCLgYeHkizO5.png

Lets see which one of these hits as a boss or job NM for the next patch.

EDIT: Forgot a ? by that Wyvern and a check by the Treant.

ZiZ

So..

shouldn't we wait till after the merger?

Work, Soul Calibur, stuff. D: Like I said, I'm sad I didn't get to play CB as much as I'd like. These CB times are murder on me. Need to be like PSO2A japan times :D

The next CB for Tera is the following weekend. You guys have to 2 weeks to figure it out. Especially Dega, I think I saw him for like 5 minutes on Saturday and then he logged off and I never saw him again.

Jinko

The next CB for Tera is the following weekend. You guys have to 2 weeks to figure it out. Especially Dega, I think I saw him for like 5 minutes on Saturday and then he logged off and I never saw him again.

Don't like !!

Dunno where this come from but.. paladin ws video,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oaz902PJYco

Nice.

Looks ok although a bit on the boring side.

What I would like them to do is have lots of small animated moves like this that you can combo together to make one continious awesome animation.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Reassessing the Merger of FFXIV Worlds (02/13/2012)

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for the wealth of feedback you have provided us with following the announcement made on February 9, 2012 (Thursday), regarding the World merge and character transfers. In order to ensure that the most desirable and effective outcome is achieved, we will be reassessing the method of the merger process.

New details on the World merge will be made public as they become available in the Topics section of the Lodestone.

* The original announcement on the World merge and character transfers has been removed.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Arent the shells going to be broken either way?

Are they? No one mentioned that. :/

I already started too. I think I'll just keep at it and remake it again later. Not having to scroll through 100 inactives is much nicer. Lol

@Riposte, Ziz: I actually just named it Red Dot II. Lol Since the guildworks site is red dot and Renta made it all pretty I didnt name it something else. If you guys want to come up with a new name we can do that though.

@kiryogi: :D I need General Renta back though.

@kawaiinya: I played a few hours friday night but yeah not much on sat and sunday. Sorry :(

Allard

Are they? No one mentioned that. :/

I already started too. I think I'll just keep at it and remake it again later. Not having to scroll through 100 inactives is much nicer. Lol

@Riposte, Ziz: I actually just named it Red Dot II. Lol Since the guildworks site is red dot and Renta made it all pretty I didnt name it something else. If you guys want to come up with a new name we can do that though.

@kiryogi: :D I need General Renta back though.

@kawaiinya: I played a few hours friday night but yeah not much on sat and sunday. Sorry :(

The original merger plan had all shells breaking because everyone was technically heading to new worlds. That might change thanks to them going with something closer to option 2, but it still might happen anyways if they use new worlds, but just have certain servers get merged into those new worlds, the shells would break all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom