• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I don't think you are bound on a specific INN. If you resolve all the 3 quests, you can enter in every city INN, i presume.

Regard on the intra-city telepo, i got that the teleport was only in the same city among the various quarters.. do you say the teleport is among the 3 city-states instead? I didn't know that.

1.21 -NEW-
Intra-city travel -NEW-
Implementation of system allowing for warping within each city-state

From last letter

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/36474

Teknoman

ibqDXPhmFr2Ewy.jpg

ihiSwnYA79JyL.jpg

iblN1TMIFUEsn9.jpg

iSDd0ArRKin7s.jpg

iS6tUaosB8nVv.jpg

irAb1je4W8FDT.jpg

rybrad

I just got this game from a buddy and will probably only play as long as my interest holds. Is now the best time to start or wait for additional updates? Also, how much stuff is doable with two people? I played FFXI way back in the day and could never do jack without a full group.

Allard

I don't think you are bound on a specific INN. If you resolve all the 3 quests, you can enter in every city INN, i presume.

Regard on the intra-city telepo, i got that the teleport was only in the same city among the various quarters.. do you say the teleport is among the 3 city-states instead? I didn't know that.

A rep on the Japanese side commented on the Inns this morning. We will get an official translation later i'm guessing but if you complete the initial quest, you will be granted inn access to all 3 cities.

I just got this game from a buddy and will probably only play as long as my interest holds. Is now the best time to start or wait for additional updates? Also, how much stuff is doable with two people? I played FFXI way back in the day and could never do jack without a full group.

The game is way more solo friendly than XI, at least for leveling up, also I soloed all the quest so far with some problems in one in particular, dungeons require a party and maybe more advanced quest too.

But definetly in that sense is way more forgiving than XI for now. (level 18 here).

As for being the best time to start, other people might know better, but probably would be a good idea to start when the server merger happens, is quite empty right now.

Allard

Is there a date for that?

Not yet unfortunately, but they usually don't date the update till like 3-4 days before its deployed. The only estimate we have is likely near the end of February since they are 2 weeks behind schedule, and the 'scheduled' date according to Yoshida was sometime in the second week of February. My guess is sometime on the week of February 28th which obviously could mean it goes into early March.

Darryl

Banned
I started playing recently. It got pretty boring fast just because there's few people to do stuff with.
I don't have many actual problems with the game. It's nice, pretty, and functional. I had a fun time exploring. The graphics are some of the most gorgeous I've ever seen. The combat system was engaging. There's little lag anymore, and the UI doesn't bother me.
Just few people to talk to, so I'm mainly just botting my luminary rod.

I think right before the patch would be the best time to start playing.

Ravidrath

I think now would be a good time to start, so you can be ready for the update.

1.21 is adding jobs which will totally change the game, and I think it'll be fun to have something ready to go when they hit.

Teknoman

j0ySCeF8RkVh4.png

jhYZBw6Pdq2pR.png

jbmRD0uAna1xQ3.png

So...wonder which one of these will be in 1.21, and whether or not they'll use the couerl for more than just a low level dungeon boss.

gillty

Banned
For Kandinsky:

Borderless Window Utility
What it does:
Gives you that look of being full-screen mode while being in windowed mode
Unfortunately because you are in windowed mode you will see the usual fps hit compared to full-screen mode

How to use:
1)Set FFXIV to Windowed Mode in the config
2)Run the exe of your choice depending on resolution, you should see a H icon in the traybar
3)Launch FFXIV, and once ingame hit CTRL+ALT+F to go to borderless window mode

I've included 5 exes for five common widescreen resolutions: 1280x720, 1440x900, 1680x1050, 1920x1080 & 1920x1200

I have also included the script & the autohotkey installer for you to edit if you need a different resolution.

Code:
Code:

!^f:: WinSet, Style, -0xC40000, A WinMove, A, , 0, 0, 1680, 1050 ;WinActivate, A return

Download 2.9mb
http://www.mediafire.com/?rkd3gylv7fb2u5o
http://usershare.net/lhlcqmee8n2w

Gromph

Staff Member
Ouch, the merge the Spanish community with my server...

Time to run away.

Jinko

I can't see 1.21 coming til after the merge now.

Looking at SE's past endeavour's I wonder how many people will end up on the wrong server or how many characters will be lost in transtition. /smirks
(I hope its not me !! :O)

Munba

But if you don't apply the world transfer, the system brings you directly to the new merged server in that list? Also if you have no active character?

N.A

Banned
I can't see 1.21 coming til after the merge now.

Looking at SE's past endeavour's I wonder how many people will end up on the wrong server or how many characters will be lost in transtition. /smirks
(I hope its not me !! :O)

SE are expecting 1.21 to bring some people back, that is why they are waiting so long to merge the servers.

Allard

SE are expecting 1.21 to bring some people back, that is why they are waiting so long to merge the servers.

Yeah they specifically said they wanted to hold off server merges till after 1.21 hit, if anything this means 1.21 might still be 'relatively' on schedule and should come out in less then 2 weeks from now. They already announced the accessory and medicine/food overhauls, the Inns + Rested EXP system and also the intra-city transit. Now all that remains is the misc. changes (Behest, refinements to search, maybe another umbral era update.) the crowd control revision and finally jobs + the two new raids. They can probably complete most of that in as little as 5 lodestone updates, not to mention the possibility that we might see an update later in the day, I have seen some 7:00 PM PDT updates on the lodestone before when it comes to Friday night.

Gromph

Staff Member
You guys should merge to Masamune :D

I will adopt all of you on our LS :)

How come the new Euro server gets the cool name?

I see that only accounts with 'playable' (paid) characters will be eligible to apply for server transfer. I guess Squenix really has decided that none of the people who left are ever coming back. Other companies that run MMOGs consider every inactive sub a potential resumed sub. Squenix considers inactive subs to be gone forever and treats them accordingly, I guess they don't want people to come back.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

I see that only accounts with 'playable' (paid) characters will be eligible to apply for server transfer. I guess Squenix really has decided that none of the people who left are ever coming back. Other companies that run MMOGs consider every inactive sub a potential resumed sub. Squenix considers inactive subs to be gone forever and treats them accordingly, I guess they don't want people to come back.

I want you to come back. ; ;

Someday!

Jinko

EU is just better ?

I get the feeling there will be another free world transfer around 2.0 before the PS3 version is launched.

I actually think they should have waited til 2.0 to make an EU server.

I'm leaning towards going to Ragnarok ;.;

I was looking at this linkshell website btw, it would be cool if we could get ours working like that with the event timers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom