• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
EU is just better ?

I get the feeling there will be another free world transfer around 2.0 before the PS3 version is launched.

I actually think they should have waited til 2.0 to make an EU server.

I'm leaning towards going to Ragnarok ;.;

I was looking at this linkshell website btw, it would be cool if we could get ours working like that with the event timers.

Come to Masamune :)

We do events in EU time :D

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Jink is gonna leave us. ; ; I wouldn't blame you though. :p

Well, I've been back almost a week now and still trying to get reacquainted with the game. I was wondering though If I could get a general idea of what times and days people in the Lindblum LS usually play or could play. It would be nice to have a schedule or some guidance so that we can do stuff like Ifrit, Moogle, PL, or whatever together.

I usually only play US prime time now from maybe 7pm central up to midnight. There are a decent amount of people on at that time and we probably could have done Ifrit and other stuff had I finished those GC missions already.

Also, if you guys want to rename the LS to something else we should probably start thinking of some names now. Then after merge we can remake again (sorry ; ;). We can call ourselves Lindblum! o: :p

Jinko

I vote Dega's bitches !

Sorry I can't be one :D

Yea I been playing mostly EU prime time over the last week and its like a ghost town. /sigh

Cmagus

I vote Dega's bitches !

Sorry I can't be one :D

Yea I been playing mostly EU prime time over the last week and its like a ghost town. /sigh

That sucks Jinko my offer to let you into Lalapalooza and The spoken still stand they have alot of people on during your time.Unfortunately Red Dot is more of a night time LS when you aren't on.More people from GAF need to play.In terms of the name I don't care what we change it to but it needs to be more open to everyone not just GAF cause there just isn't enough to get things going but that being said Gaffers always take spots if they come.

Dega your goal tonight is Chocobo and GC I don't care if I have to drag you to each spot you are getting it done we need you for parties.Considering last night you spent half hour trying to get me to sumo wrestle our Goobbues lol.

Got my THM to 41 today finally the push to 50 is killing me we need a good Natalan party to blow through the 40-50 range.

iPRYJUo0KklkB.jpg

ib0qHHWXXTbJ7W.jpg

Ravidrath

I think the NeoGAF shell should have some kind of gaming reference, or possibly an acronym that spells "GAF."

I used to have an XI LS for friends called "Secret To Everybody," for example. Abbreviates nicely as STE, too.

"Galactic Attack Force" or something like that for the acronym idea.

Teknoman

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sargatanas

Sargantanas.png

Sargatanas is the name of a demon, serving under Astaroth's direct command as Brigadier Major, according to the "Le Dragon Rouge" grimoire. He has the power to open locks and teleport people to anywhere they choose.

I like it! :D jk

Gimme something FF style. I guess the reason the reason they picked that weapon is because it's a unique weapon in the series, specifically in IX?

Anyway, I still say something FF style.

I think the NeoGAF shell should have some kind of gaming reference, or possibly an acronym that spells "GAF."

I used to have an XI LS for friends called "Secret To Everybody," for example. Abbreviates nicely as STE, too.

"Galactic Attack Force" or something like that for the acronym idea.

Or this.

EDIT: Its always a good idea for any NeoGAF clan/guild/group to have non-gaf in. Helps fill out the group, as well as possibly draw new people to the GAF community.

Also we need to do Ifrit/Moogle/Into the Dark sometime today or Saturday.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Yeah, we actually have a few non gaffers in the LS and I've always invited non gaffers. Just they don't stick around like us either lol.

I don't personally care what we name the LS. lol

Xux

Wow, surprised my computer runs this as well as it does. Sub-30 fps and menus have some delay but otherwise kinda smooth.

Zoe Xuxu on Lindblum if anyone wants a level 7 Conjurer for anything at all.

kiryogi

Banned
Jink is gonna leave us. ; ; I wouldn't blame you though. :p

Well, I've been back almost a week now and still trying to get reacquainted with the game. I was wondering though If I could get a general idea of what times and days people in the Lindblum LS usually play or could play. It would be nice to have a schedule or some guidance so that we can do stuff like Ifrit, Moogle, PL, or whatever together.

I usually only play US prime time now from maybe 7pm central up to midnight. There are a decent amount of people on at that time and we probably could have done Ifrit and other stuff had I finished those GC missions already.

Also, if you guys want to rename the LS to something else we should probably start thinking of some names now. Then after merge we can remake again (sorry ; ;). We can call ourselves Lindblum! o: :p

Lol, whenever I finally drag myself away from the RE:R and SCV, I'm typically active midnight PST as that's when I get home from work. That said, such an unholy hour means I miss most LS events XD I tried something on the forum but it never panned out and then dot went into that dead period until now XD

Teknoman

Wow, surprised my computer runs this as well as it does. Sub-30 fps and menus have some delay but otherwise kinda smooth.

Zoe Xuxu on Lindblum if anyone wants a level 7 Conjurer for anything at all.

I might be able to help level up since i'm leveling conjurer for raise. Oh, turn off ambient occlusion if you havent already. Plus we need to get you a pearl for pre-merge stuff.

http://reddot.guildwork.com/

Munba

But if you don't apply the world transfer, the system brings you directly to the new merged server in that list (ie. bodhum > excalibur)? Also if you have no active character?

Anyone?

Munba

In the meanwhile, speaking about steam, i advice Dear Eshter. It's a VERY particular 'game' or maybe i could name it 'experience' but i liked it much. Also it has magnificent color palette (caves are truly awesome). Loved the ending too.

Riposte

The more "appropriate" the name, the better to me. Something ending in "Faction" sounds about right. Maybe "Force", like Expeditionary Force. Grand Adventurer(s) Faction might be too generic though. G and A are not a very fun to work with. Gridania is pretty much out of the question and there are no deities or relatable landmarks which start with a G.

Also we need to do Ifrit/Moogle/Into the Dark sometime today or Saturday.

At one point can I safely participate in this? Not sure if my gear is good or not. Hit level 50 on LNC though.

Another thing I'd like to do is clear all the faction quest chains (the ones that end in NMs).

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
anyone know if those mistbeard cove events are still going? i can't figure out how to get into them

Yes they are.

The NPC spawn usually at :06 in any of the 3 cities (random).

Jinko

anyone know if those mistbeard cove events are still going? i can't figure out how to get into them

Yea they are, If you go stand at Gridania Adventurer Guild you will hear someone shouting about saving his daughter.

Go downstairs and there will be a guy down there with a purple Aetherial gate.

I think its pretty random when they spawn.

Teknoman

where do they spawn in ul'dah?

Some guy named Alfgar was shouting about it last night. The teleport spot/npc was around Sapphire Avenue.

ie7uvSBGqPQjQ.jpg

iIlknJMQLDf67.jpg

i0jOSWuvk4oDe.jpg

ibfP3TbNnIES7I.jpg

First successful JP party too.

The more "appropriate" the name, the better to me. Something ending in "Faction" sounds about right. Maybe "Force", like Expeditionary Force. Grand Adventurer(s) Faction might be too generic though. G and A are not a very fun to work with. Gridania is pretty much out of the question and there are no deities or relatable landmarks which start with a G.

At one point can I safely participate in this? Not sure if my gear is good or not. Hit level 50 on LNC though.

Another thing I'd like to do is clear all the faction quest chains (the ones that end in NMs).

I'm no expert, but Ifrit's battle seems to be more about moving around than attacking. As long as you can do decent damage, and are aware of your surroundings, you should be good. Most of his attacks can be avoided, but you really have to worry about his hellfire attack.

If you dont reduce the number of Infernal Nail totems that pop up, you'll take a huge amount of damage.

Also hopefully we'll get more that play around the time Jinko comes online after the merger.

Riposte

I'm currently stuck in a loop between Europa Universalis 3, Twisted Metal, and replaying Mirror's Edge. I'd love a schedule if we do events. I'll on right now in any case, since I have a podcast to listen to.

Teknoman

Not sure how to fight Ifrit. Wonder if it will be hard to learn.

Its not. After two battles, I know how to tank it...you just have to tap into a Demon/Dark Souls form of concentration :p

Its not that hard, just takes people willing to show you the ropes/give advice during the fight.

Riposte

Good to hear. I'm quite used to following silly directions from FFXI.

I could end up being a little late. I'll do my best to be on time.

Not sure how to fight Ifrit. Wonder if it will be hard to learn.

The fight isn't against Ifrit, but rather against the game system itself. Ifrit has several high damaging moves that will kill you if you don't dodge them. All of these moves are predictable but if you're doing anything just before the move hits the server thinks you are wherever you initiated that action despite where you appear on your own screen.

Ravidrath

The fight isn't against Ifrit, but rather against the game system itself. Ifrit has several high damaging moves that will kill you if you don't dodge them. All of these moves are predictable but if you're doing anything just before the move hits the server thinks you are wherever you initiated that action despite where you appear on your own screen.

Yeah, I feel like with Ifrit I'm fighting the internet and not the monster itself.

He has a very low margin of error, and that margin feels like it is constantly changing because it's related to internet lag.

Fighting Ifrit means becoming one with your class's movements and skills. Most of the things you do except your auto-attack will root you for the duration of your animation. The trick with Ifrit is knowing when it's safe to use a skill and when it's not. If you are animation locked when he does one of his huge attacks, you are already dead.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
^^

What do you guys think of setting Tuesday and Thursday nights for power leveling or moogle/ifrit prerequisites? We have a few new people in the LS and I think it would be nice to help them out so they can eventually help with moogle/ifrit on the weekends.

So:

Tuesday/Thursday (9pm? est): PL or Prereqs
Saturday(9pm? est): Ifrit
Sunday(9pm? est): Moogle

Or even two times on each Saturday and Sunday for those who can't log in too late:

Tuesday/Thursday (9pm? est): PL or Prereqs
Saturday(4pm? est): Moogle
Saturday(9pm? est): Ifrit
Sunday(4pm? est): Ifrit
Sunday(9pm? est): Moogle

^ Maybe too complicated or confusing but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

The event schedule on the LS site can keep track of who is attending so that should help us keep track of everything and let us know the health of each event.

What do you guys think? No good? Have better idea? :D

Jinko

Scrap that ..

Actually 4 EST is fine for me ... wahoo !

And yup alternate primals on each day so everyone should get a chance.

Does this mean I don't need to move server :D

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Scrap that ..

Actually 4 EST is fine for me ... wahoo !

And yup alternate primals on each day so everyone should get a chance.

Does this mean I don't need to move server :D

lol

If that schedule works for people then I suppose not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom