• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

It works damn it !!

Edit:- Just noticed that Ragnarok has taken the lead on XIVpads - 591 :O, its more popular than i expected.

KNH5o.jpg

My first "big" fight, although I did nothing, I also was killed by Hellfire lol

ZRmbM.jpg

And finally got my chocobo.YAY!!

So what second class you recommend for a Lancer? Thinking of start leveling crafting and gathering classes and second classes since I just focused on lvling.

Jinko

Triairy said:
Good evening everyone,

I will comment in place of Yoshida P since he's running around working on the patch

Currently Yoshida P is doing final checks on all the job quests.
Once this is done we can announce the accurate patch timing.
Once decided would like to let you know through producer letter so if you could please just hang in there little more would appreciate it.

Please continue to support YoshiP, thanks!

Teknoman

Unless they break "patch tradition" and dont release it on a Thursday... Either they'll be releasing videos + notes tomorrow, or we'll probably be getting this March 1st.

Effect

Uninstalled the game last night. Tried again to make it work but lack of being able to communicate with anyone outside of trying to get into a linkshell is to much of a issue. That and the having to either rely on other players to get armor or take another job (crafting) was to big of an issue for me to deal with. If those two issues were addressed I think I could really enjoy the game.

Allard

Wait wat?

lol Didn't know, I'm going for DRG! Where I can find those class requeriments?.

They are not released yet due to them wanting to tweak the requirements up to the last minute. Back in November/December Yoshida mentioned Paladin having a class requirement of Gladiator 30 and Marauder 15. The idea is that Jobs would only be able to pull actions from their main and sub classes and be blocked from all the rest. He used that as an example and wanted the option of retracting/changing the requirements leading up to release. Based on what we know of Dragoons combat style and function I would bet on Marauder as Dragoons sub class but who knows (Not me!). For instance Monk I would guess PUG30/CON15 due to the elements Monk is supposed to posses plus the MP nature of its stances.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
They are not released yet due to them wanting to tweak the requirements up to the last minute. Back in November/December Yoshida mentioned Paladin having a class requirement of Gladiator 30 and Marauder 15. The idea is that Jobs would only be able to pull actions from their main and sub classes and be blocked from all the rest. He used that as an example and wanted the option of retracting/changing the requirements leading up to release. Based on what we know of Dragoons combat style and function I would bet on Marauder as Dragoons sub class but who knows (Not me!). For instance Monk I would guess PUG30/CON15 due to the elements Monk is supposed to posses plus the MP nature of its stances.

You get my PM? o_O

Jinko

So Basically we can now turn in gear we get from Toto-rak, DH and rank 30 NM's for GC seals, hmm well thats one way to make the items useful again :p

Rukkirii said:
In patch 1.21 we are implementing a new supplies mission that will request you to deliver unique/untradable items for company seals.

The unique/untradable items dropped from the Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak, Dzemael Darkhold and NMs will be what’s requested for you to deliver, so dust off those Verdant Scepters and Ascetic's Tights and head back to battle against Batraal and friends!

More details on the items as well as how many company seals you can receive for delivering them will be announced in the patch notes before it goes live. We will continue to increase more ways to obtain company seals as we keep moving forward.

Rukkirii said:
Tidbits about the Job System

Hey gang,

There were a few questions answered in regards to the upcoming debut of the Job System that we wanted to pass along. While this isn't the full list of details, as those will be revealed on Lodestone in an upcoming article, there are a few questions we have answers for.

A player asked if you can use job stones (tentative) while in combat; and just like changing classes, as long as you're in passive mode and not engaged with an enemy, you'll be able to switch jobs.

There was also a question about linking class weapon skills with job specific weapon skills; since you'll be able to utilize your class actions while on a job (for example, using lancer actions while playing as dragoon), you will be able to combo class and job actions. There was also a question asking to confirm whether or not you can wear job artifact armor while playing as a class; you cannot wear job specific armor while playing as a class.

Teknoman

Glad dungeon running will be ALOT more active after the patch. Still want my videos this week...even better if the patch still hits this Thursday.

Allard

Looks like we are in waiting mode till Yoshida feels like he can give a date for the patch judging by the rep comments today and yesterday it looks like we should see a new producer letter soon as well as topics related to the new job system.

As for another semi forgotten bit of info the 3rd Survey is ready to be deployed but has been delayed till after 1.21 goes live since, as they say, its right around the corner and they want to wait till people get a chance to try the content first before answering the survey. The survey will deal on a variety of core game components, combat, crafting, gathering, UI etc. and it will primarily demand consensus on 2.0 content so expect some nice 'look into the future' questions.

Ravidrath

Basically, since we are all on the same server do we actually need to 'do' anything for the merge?

Nope, the new plan is transparent to us, as long as we continue to stay on Lindblum.

And I think the merge madness could have delayed things just because they had to scramble to find a solution to the community outrage, do various technical tests, etc.

Teknoman

Well i'm sure the instance dungeon videos were ready prior to all that, so they could have at least released those this week. Its the lack of any kind of substantial news that gets me. Aside from the final stretch comment, but that is still kinda vague.

Hmm, it looks like I'll be making the new thread. lol I have a lot of research to do.

Help me jebus

Couldnt you just take what Renta and Allard might have had set up and then just add finishing touches?

EDIT: A launch, to now, to 2.0 timeline would probably be nice.

Allard

Well i'm sure the instance dungeon videos were ready prior to all that, so they could have at least released those this week. Its the lack of any kind of substantial news that gets me. Aside from the final stretch comment, but that is still kinda vague.

Couldnt you just take what Renta and Allard might have had set up and then just add finishing touches?

EDIT: A launch, to now, to 2.0 timeline would probably be nice.

I didn't setup anything, I am too busy irl :( (Find time to surf the internet though!)

Teknoman

I think the NeoGAF shell should have some kind of gaming reference, or possibly an acronym that spells "GAF."

I used to have an XI LS for friends called "Secret To Everybody," for example. Abbreviates nicely as STE, too.

"Galactic Attack Force" or something like that for the acronym idea.

Saw this in the Guild Wars 2 thread and it seemed like a good idea:

Guardian Assault Force. Kind of works on multiple levels with an FF game ( Guardian Force, NeoGAF, and it sounds like a faction or group you'd see in a JRPG/FF title). Personally I just think it sounds cool.

gillty

Banned
Saw this in the Guild Wars 2 thread and it seemed like a good idea:

Guardian Assault Force. Kind of works on multiple levels with an FF game ( Guardian Force, NeoGAF, and it sounds like a faction or group you'd see in a JRPG/FF title). Personally I just think it sounds cool.

*Goobbue Assault Force

jiggle

as long as it comes before the transfer deadline :)
i'm having second thoughts on moving though
was expecting it for 2.0
a few friends won't be back in time to move with me :/

Allard

Why does blm AF look brown :(

Hope its only the lighting in that scene.

In the .dats there are multiple colors for the BLM gear including the dark blue/purple and the brown reddish color. Its possible some NPC's might not have the standard AF colors. We saw what BLM AF looks like already on normal characters thanks to a Producer Letter not too long ago.

Edit: This picture.

2205_0.jpg

So its mostly black with a bit of blue and red.

Allard

Does AF = Artifact?

Yep, it was the standard acronym in FFXI, and Yoshida already confirmed to use that name for the equipment as a nice nostalgia peace. Speaking of nostalgia from FFXI, the BLM job stone is called "Shatoto's Stone" and the BLM NPC has a similar attitude to Shantoto from FFXI :D.

Riposte

If people start calling "Relic" armor AF2 I'ma beat someone's ass.

So have we been doing more events? Going to try and get all the classes to 30. Got a lot of podcasts to listen to.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
If people start calling "Relic" armor AF2 I'ma beat someone's ass.

So have we been doing more events? Going to try and get all the classes to 30. Got a lot of podcasts to listen to.

Events are listed on the ls site. There are a few open spots for the events this weekend. I'm sure a few people will be on to do them too that haven't registered on the site.

reddotls.com

Teknoman

*Goobbue Assault Force

Gobbue Alliance Forever!

Greater Aldernard Formation?

Galapagos Action Front

Gridianian Assault Force, of course all of you from Ul'dah and Limsa have to get out :)

Grotesque Armed Furries

Grandiose Aspiration Fartz

Keep those ideas coming lol!

Also I knew that was going to happen...not THAT bad of a delay though. And those AF armors do look nice in game... Dragoon and Paladin look amazing. Awesome to see Black mage with a glowing eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom