• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munba

Why does blm AF look brown :(

Hope its only the lighting in that scene.

It seems various colors :)

3223_9.jpg

Other screens here: http://sabotenders.enjin.com/gallery/m/2164097/album/20532

Allard

New rep response on the Japanese side gave some light on the new direction for crafting recipes in 2.0. They are changing the system so that instead of compiling materials to perform a synth for a specific item, you will simply select the item you want to synth from a recipe book and the material will automatically be allocated if you have it. The screen prompt to assign materials 'will' disappear and only the recipe list will remain. The reason this change is big (besides the convenience factor) is they are changing how crafters grow their repertoire. You must obtain the recipe of the item you want to make in-game or you can't craft the item (no more looking up recipes online and then crafting it just because you have the materials, you must learn the new recipe IN GAME first). Most recipes will be obtained automatically as you level up (Like an ability, or like every other modern MMO under the sun except its automatic rather then forcing you to go to a trainer and buying the recipes), but some can only be obtained by learning them during guild leves or through special 1 time quests.

I love this 'potential' change because it allows so much more growth opportunities for crafters to make them stand out from the crowd. It also makes doing a variety of guild leves for crafters more important and rewarding.

Also the same JP rep commented that a certain job in the future (far off future though) will use Asian inspired armor and swords, but to wet the communities appetite for Asian inspired equipment (This was posted in a Japanese thread about wanting more Asian inspired equip) new Kimono gear will become available during summerfest this year.

Nakazato

Also the same JP rep commented that a certain job in the future (far off future though) will use Asian inspired armor and swords, but to wet the communities appetite for Asian inspired equipment (This was posted in a Japanese thread about wanting more Asian inspired equip) new Kimono gear will become available during summerfest this year.
So sam and nin confirmed ?

Jinko

More pictures of the job quest here

Those crafting changes will make crafting much better, it could even make some gear/items sought after if the recipes are rare.

Darte

JP version was finished, but not posted, yesterday. It has been sent to other regional HQs to get translated today (if its not done already). Should see the post by tomorrow hopefully unless they are delayed on translation and are unable to post it due to their nature of wanting to post everything simultaneously across all regional sites.

Allard

Was the producer letter supposed to come out today?

Today or tomorrow; it was supposedly handed off to the translators this morning so depending on how large the letter is it could be late tonight or in the morning. Seen plenty of letters that got released around 10PM-12AM PDT.

Edit: Hope someone is going to translate those additional pictures. Saw the first set translated but not the new. Also it appears (from just looking at the pictures) that the WHM job quest will involve the sister of the company leader in Gridania or at least it looks very similar to her.

Allard

It's taking forever for them to translate, how many pages did he write this time lol

Might not just be a matter of translating but formatting as well. But I don't doubt Yoshida going off into a ramble for his first producer letter in nearly 4 weeks. When he hits a subject he goes extremely in-depth into the thought process on how he comes to his changes. Its refreshing for transparency but I imagine it takes a while to compose and in the case of the translators a lot of time to get finished, especially if they need to work on other higher priority projects. (I imagine this update has had the translators very busy if there is a decent amount of cutscenes and story dialogue).

Mature

Job Weaponskills!

Howdy!

Before I leave the office for the day, figured I would give you all something to oogle and drool over for the night

This is a new sneak peak video of the weapon skills for the jobs coming in patch 1.21!

The weapon skills we showed off prior for some jobs have been tweaked a bit as well.
Hope you enjoy!

Teknoman

Blm and whm cant possibly be weapon skills right? Gotta be new spell animations.

EDIT: Yeah -

WHM Mag. 3 O Self AoE Consumes all MP to deal damage to all enemies within range. Chance to inflict Bind.

BLM Mag. 4 O Deals ice damage to target and reduces enmity.

I cant see anyone ever using Holy either...unless as some insane desperation attack to bind and damage all enemies.

Allard

Blm and whm cant possibly be weapon skills right? Gotta be new spell animations.

Its Holy and Freeze. Someone found data codings for all the new job names and abilities (Even if tentative) in a data mine around patch 1.20b. Warrior ability is Steel Cyclone and Paladin ws is Spirits Within for instance :p (Monk is Dragon Kick, guessing DRG is simply Jump, can't remember what the Bard one was.)

Ravidrath

EDIT: Yeah -

WHM Mag. 3 O Self AoE Consumes all MP to deal damage to all enemies within range. Chance to inflict Bind.

BLM Mag. 4 O Deals ice damage to target and reduces enmity.

I cant see anyone ever using Holy either...unless as some insane desperation attack to bind and damage all enemies.

Well, if the spell damage doesn't vary with the amount of MP left, I could see it being a way to wring out a little extra damage when you're already low, maybe?

It looks like it's fairly short range, though, and AoE around the caster like Blizzara, so it's probably ridiculously situational.

Ravidrath

Just went into fight Ifrit and... there were two of them, but only for a moment.

They were on top of each other, and the second one was facing the wrong way. Then it just blinked out.

Buttons

Wow I love all of these. Dragoon's jump looks amazing, just wish he didn't miss in the video haha.
Holy looks so cool and that Blizzaga/Freeze looks amazing. Those are the type of spell animations we wanted! <3
And wow at the Bard weapon skill, I love it.

Really hard deciding on which job to main now and get AF for first. I'll probably be either white mage or bard, with dragoon as my main DD.

I love how all these flashy effects go off, and the enemy just stands there after it's over. "What? Oh, was that supposed to hurt?"

Would have been better for them to actually kill the monsters with the skills but I still love the video. :D

Allard

Wow I love all of these. Dragoon's jump looks amazing, just wish he didn't miss in the video haha.
Holy looks so cool and that Blizzaga/Freeze looks amazing. Those are the type of spell animations we wanted! <3
And wow at the Bard weapon skill, I love it.

Really hard deciding on which job to main now and get AF for first. I'll probably be either white mage or bard, with dragoon as my main DD.

Would have been better for them to actually kill the monsters with the skills but I still love the video. :D

I'm doing Bard! (Since archer is my only combat class above 30 lol, My highest is still a gathering class >.>). Plus you can't go wrong with that hat, make me look forward to whenever Yoshida feels like putting a RDM job into the game, I at least hope that job will possibly come in the far off future. Speaking of mage jobs... I hope Yoshida is planning to put a second healing job into the game now that he has taken away THM's healing abilities. Not a good idea to just have one healer in this game imo.

Ravidrath

The next mage job is probably a buff/debuff job.

I could see it having some kind of Endrain-like buff or Drain Dance-like debuff. Likely wouldn't cut it for endgame activities, but combined with every classes' innate healing abilities, could work for a number of other things.

Also...

Curious about the music in that trailer. Perhaps music for one of the new raid dungeons?

Allard

The next mage job is probably a buff/debuff job.

I could see it having some kind of Endrain-like buff or Drain Dance-like debuff. Likely wouldn't cut it for endgame activities, but combined with every classes' innate healing abilities, could work for a number of other things.

Also...

Curious about the music in that trailer. Perhaps music for one of the new raid dungeons?

Yeah definitely dungeon music you can even hear subtle changes in the beat a couple times which is in line with how the dungeon themes dynamically change the music depending on if you are fighting or not. Its decent music, but I wish the trailer was longer so I can hear the second half of the song as it sounds like its just about to hit its stride. I wonder is there any site that has begun to compile in MP3 form the new music or found a way to rip it from the game files itself?

Jinko

I wish they would hurry up with this letter, need new information.

SE have really let the ball drop this month and I'm starting to get pissy.. lol

For anyone with surplus items check this out - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqtrQg60-4OmdHJja1VJaG9fTjlPVm9saHZUUWVTSXc#gid=0

Rukkirii said:
Hello! We received some information about job-specific gear that I'd like to share with you.

It won&#8217;t be possible to attach materia to job-specific gear. Job-specific gear will feature stats that are better than gear that is craftable that have more than one materia attached. With that said, we will look into adding new gear in future patches that will have better stats than job- specific gear with multiple materia attached to them.

There was also a question about the reasoning for the job-specific gear being referred to as AF (or artifact gear). While the upcoming job-specific gear is a type of artifact gear, there are plans to have other types of artifact gear in the future, some of which won&#8217;t necessarily be job-specific

Ravidrath

Hmm, I hope when they say "stats" on AF they mean "functionality."

I greatly preferred the "Enhances <Ability>" stuff on XI's AF to bigger numbers.

Also, "Enhances Auto-Refresh" please.

Ravidrath

I've only heard that AT&T has a pretty bad bandwidth cap and that FiOS destroys it.

Of course I have neither, so I'm stuck using Comcast, but for some reason I've never had any issues with Comcast where I live.

Oh, FiOS definitely obliterates it, but since they have exclusive, monopolistic local contracts you get what you get.

It definitely beats the shit out of Comcast / Time Warner, that's for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom