• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
After running around for an hour I figured out why I couldn't find mobs for a quest... lol you have start a fucking instance type thing to do quests? haha

Buttons

After running around for an hour I figured out why I couldn't find mobs for a quest... lol you have start a fucking instance type thing to do quests? haha

Levequests are like daily quests. To start them you go to the respective camp and select the huge crystal to start your levequest. Your quest starts and your monsters spawn in the surrounding area. You can also team up with players and if you have multiple of the same levequest they can be linked for higher xp rewards at the end.

Alternatively you can always solo/party on normal monsters. For parties, partying is very nice xp since you can chain the xp from the kills. For solo, levequests are nice. ^_^/

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Yeah, I had 7 quests that I couldn't find mobs for. I figured it out finally. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get a tradeskill...

Buttons

Yeah, I had 7 quests that I couldn't find mobs for. I figured it out finally. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get a tradeskill...

Tradeskill? You mean crafting or gathering? For those you need to buy a lv1 weapon of the specific class you want to try. There should be an NPC in the adventurer guild in each city, that sells all lv1 weapons for all battle, magic, craft and gather classes. Just equip that and tada, you start that job at lv1. I think the NPC is to the left of the Inn Room NPC in Gridania in the Adventurer's Guild. ^^

Gatherer and crafting classes also get levequests, they are from the NPC to the right of the one that gives the battle leves. Crafting levequests for example make you talk to a npc and you are given materials for the crafts, you finish the crafts, get xp and lv up and get material and gil rewards.
Its a nice way to level crafts nowadays without investing much yourself.

Yuripaw

Banned
How do I reactivate this for free? It says you won't have to be charged to reactivate, but it wants me to pay for 30 or 90 days on my account. i wanted to see if 2.0 made me wanna play this game finally.

Wickwire

just sign in to you old account :)

What if you never played passed your free 30 day trial? I never set up any type of billing methods. Will I still be able to access this?

edit: got a hold of support. No dice on me playing. Too bad. I wanted to see how they changed the game.

Ravidrath

So, I'm a level 8 Archer. Any tips on what to occupy my time with besides levequests? Nobody talks/responds in-game, I imagine Linkshells keep everybody occupied... :(

The game opens up a bunch at 25, but for now there are a bunch of sidequests if you look around town. There are also main scenario quests at various level milestones.

And are you on Sargatanas? If so, send me a /tell and I'll get you a pearl.

DarkKyo

The game opens up a bunch at 25, but for now there are a bunch of sidequests if you look around town. There are also main scenario quests at various level milestones.

And are you on Sargatanas? If so, send me a /tell and I'll get you a pearl.

I would also love a pearl if that's at all possible, I just joined Sargatanas. What is your name in-game?

Nakazato

after playing these few days im a lot to start paying to play. I think what go me to make a decision was last night Ifrit run Even tho we wiped 3 times it was still fun. And that whats important having fun.

Kinda wish i could play all day today but gf is coming over and she puts the kabash on me play ffxiv.

BTW anyone play on a laptop ? Looking for a laptop that can run this decently while im on the road filming (when ever it comes up)

Allard

after playing these few days im a lot to start paying to play. I think what go me to make a decision was last night Ifrit run Even tho we wiped 3 times it was still fun. And that whats important having fun.

Kinda wish i could play all day today but gf is coming over and she puts the kabash on me play ffxiv.

BTW anyone play on a laptop ? Looking for a laptop that can run this decently while im on the road filming (when ever it comes up)

I play on a Toshiba Satelite. It runs i5 Mobile 2.75 GHz processor, and an AMD HD 5650M. The games runs decently with some toned down settings. No Ambient Occulusion (Don't run this on my desktop either), depth of field and kept drawing quality either at standard or one notch below it. MSAX4 and 1280X720 (I think, its around 720p but closer to the standard monitor ratio whatever that is these days, like 738p!) and I get an even 30 fps most the time with some jumps higher then that which is good enough for me to play. Bought the laptop last year in the summer time for about 799.00 on Newegg.

One thing I highly recommend is getting a laptop with some form of SSD. I don't know how the game will run with 2.0, but the current game really, really relies on a fast HDD when it comes to loading things. You can cut zoning time down to only like 1-2 seconds instead of nearly 12-15 seconds.

Sofo

Hey GAF, my character was stuck on Hyperion, and since I couldn't make it to Durandal, I am currently on Sargatanas.

I'm on EU time, but I'd like to join if possible :)

Dunesfolk Taru~ THM atm since I just started, but looking forward to being a BLM! Glad to know everyone!

kiryogi

Banned
Hey GAF, my character was stuck on Hyperion, and since I couldn't make it to Durandal, I am currently on Sargatanas.

I'm on EU time, but I'd like to join if possible :)

Dunesfolk Taru~ THM atm since I just started, but looking forward to being a BLM! Glad to know everyone!

Name? Are you on now?

hteng

Banned

i play it on my m17x r3, i can keep it at 60 fps most of the time at 1600 resolution (windowed mode), it's running on 6970m though.

Sofo

Hey, just wanted to thank everyone on RedDotII for being so welcoming! Had a great time with Angier and managed to get my THM to 15 in a day. Not bad!

I'm really enjoying the game even if some of the quests feel tedious (but I never enjoyed questing, and I'm also on a bad/slow PC, so that doesn't help). Anyway, hope I get to enjoy your company for a long time guys!

(This is Enki Oro btw!)

I'm from the UK so because of time zones and whatnot I don't know if I'll be online when you guys in the US are, but I'm Landrel Squire on Sargatanas wanting to join the GAF group. Currently online if anyone's there to add me.

Not exactly sure how to play the game properly but I'm getting there I guess. Currently a gladiator.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
You gonna try the free trial?

I still get on every now and then. Working on stuff irl that's taking up a lot of my time and that probably won't let up till the end of the year. I dunno, after that I may play some more like before but till then I would rather focus on other stuff.

Oh! The name Kitt Kat was taken away from me after server merger so if you see her online that isn't me. Lol

hteng

Banned
I'm from the UK so because of time zones and whatnot I don't know if I'll be online when you guys in the US are, but I'm Landrel Squire on Sargatanas wanting to join the GAF group. Currently online if anyone's there to add me.

Not exactly sure how to play the game properly but I'm getting there I guess. Currently a gladiator.

there are many UKers and some USers work shift.

I still get on every now and then. Working on stuff irl that's taking up a lot of my time and that probably won't let up till the end of the year. I dunno, after that I may play some more like before but till then I would rather focus on other stuff.

Oh! The name Kitt Kat was taken away from me after server merger so if you see her online that isn't me. Lol

Busy here as well. I miss you guys.

and Nooooo, Kitt kat!!!

Sofo

EU here as well!

Aatrium

Neo Member
Hey guys, I asked for a linkshell pearl in the other thread but didn't get a response. Would anyone be able to give me a pearl? I'm in Gridania at the moment just doing story missions at the moment, name is Sinat Tanis. Thanks!

Allard

Sad to see a good post be used on such an awful forum. Hopefully it'll get a dev's attention though.

The reps do go to other forums, (They even say they goto BG etc.). I'm sure they are aware that not everyone on the official forum stands for most the games potential or even current population. Personally I think posts like that are good for discussion pieces. To me Hamlet defense is a hamstrung concept in 1.0 while they wait to expand it in 2.0. The thing is almost blatantly designed for a dungeon finder/content finder and all the current drops feel like filler. They have mentioned a bunch in the past that the reason the player limits are in place (Forcing you to have 'exactly' 8 people) is an issue with the server limitation and not a game policy choice. More they hear about needing, wanting changes the more likely its going to happen in 2.0, I don't see it changing much in 1.0.

Basically expect all content added in 1.0 till 2.0 to either be filler/one time only content (Umbral Era quests and live events) or instance stuff designed for a system that hasn't been implemented (Content finder) and they are just tweaking it ever so slightly to be useable in the current game.

Jinko

Would appreciate people yelling at the first responder for backseat modding. :p

Oo

The thing is almost blatantly designed for a dungeon finder/content finder and all the current drops feel like filler.

I wonder, it would have to be limited to server only as each servers level is based on contribution and would be different, I guess we will see though, It would sure make it easier to get a party for it if they did make it part of the content finder.

Allard

Oo

I wonder, it would have to be limited to server only as each servers level is based on contribution and would be different, I guess we will see though, It would sure make it easier to get a party for it if they did make it part of the content finder.

Its hard to say but from what little we know about their content finder it seems they have pretty big ambitions for it in terms of flexibility. They referenced the possibility fairly recently of people being able to join together from multiple worlds for an EXP party even if its 'instanced' inside another public world. If such facts do turn out to be true someone could flag their server as host and a party is formed from multiple shards or maybe they could make the contributions and point system shared on multiple servers as a large shard. That way it doesn't matter what the level status would be as it is the same on multiple places. What I'm more curious about outside of hamlet is how they intend to implement the faction vs faction vs faction PvP Frontlines into the game and if it will use the 'content finder' to setup parties for it and if it will be a server only affair or over many servers, or if it will be a public instance where only people on the server get to participate.

hteng

Banned
Hey guys, I asked for a linkshell pearl in the other thread but didn't get a response. Would anyone be able to give me a pearl? I'm in Gridania at the moment just doing story missions at the moment, name is Sinat Tanis. Thanks!

when you are in the game, send a pm to Jinko Jinko or Eithne Rain, they are pearl sacks, or just send me a tell @ Danorille Pandemo, i can check if anyone with a pearlsack is online to issue a pearl.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
New blog post is up. ^_^
ffxivgame2012-05-0822v9csl.jpg

http://buttons-tarutaru.blogspot.de/...sions-and.html
@_@

Game looks really nice, I need to upgrade.

Teknoman

The NA one looks like some sort of fish thing. Its not a Sahagin, since they dont seem to have long tails.

attachment.php

Unless its a small Wyvern.

Dineren

Banned
Does anyone happen to know if there going to be a mobile authenticator released (or maybe has been released and I'm not seeing it)? I hate having to keep track of separate devices. Sorry if this is a stupid question that has been answered already, I did a search and everything I can find on the subject is several years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom