• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

Does anyone happen to know if there going to be a mobile authenticator released (or maybe has been released and I'm not seeing it)? I hate having to keep track of separate devices. Sorry if this is a stupid question that has been answered already, I did a search and everything I can find on the subject is several years old.
Couldn't find a source, but IIRC there's plans for an authenticater app post 2.0.

Allard

They unearthed the third panel for the English one and I actually think it might be FFXIV version of Manticore, at first I thought it might be the axe beak we have seen from the .dats from 3 patches ago but the little black 'horn' like tip near the head made me think of Kirin from FFXI, especially the colors. Also the Sahagin already have Concept art and they don't have tails like that :p.

Edit: This is the Sahagin

2557df2df19aed8e09e4e29c981b9510.jpg

it's a behemoth, we've seen it in one of the concept arts

Behemoth is the Japanese one, but yes it is an old concept art for people who got the NA collectors edition XD.

So this is going to be $8 today on Amazon? Gonna give it a whirl after being a huge FFXI fan back in the day (i.e. 7 years ago!).

What do I need to know getting started? Do I select a server? What's the NEOGAF one if so?

Teknoman

So this is going to be $8 today on Amazon? Gonna give it a whirl after being a huge FFXI fan back in the day (i.e. 7 years ago!).

What do I need to know getting started? Do I select a server? What's the NEOGAF one if so?

Sargantas and check the welcome back thread in the main gaming side.

Also I have Diablo-itis.

creid

If I log in tonight but log out before I earn all of my "rest XP", will I still be able to earn the rest of it the next time I log in, or will it be reset?

Left the beta but now I'm back in...

I'm very very novice when it comes to mmos. Also I kinda have a hectic schedule so I'm not considered a very consistent player. But it would be nice to have a linkshell that I can chat and help out when I can.

I'm on Ragnarok. Name is Thousandmaster Springfield. If there's other gaffers on that server wave when you see me around. ^__^)/

Teknoman

You guys are right, NA one feels like a Manticore. One of the others might be that frilly lizard looking enemy. JP is behemoth 100%.

Allard

The French one seems like it's something all-new?

Some are speculating Bahamut, but I always (Perhaps wrongly) saw the dragon in opening movie to be Bahamut due to its implied importance in the primal story. Since the dragon never officially got a name in game I guess they could retcon it as Jormungand, he is certainly a long devil.

Ravidrath

Some are speculating Bahamut, but I always (Perhaps wrongly) saw the dragon in opening movie to be Bahamut due to its implied importance in the primal story. Since the dragon never officially got a name in game I guess they could retcon it as Jormungand, he is certainly a long devil.

The body looks almost... centaur-like to me, so I'm kind of expecting something like Omega Weapon?

Hmm, I guess they never define it as Bahamut, so it could just be Ouryu or one of Bahamut's dragon minions? Because if Bahamut is a primal he should probably dissipate into aether instead of leaving a corpse, like there is in Mor Dhona.

Allard

so what would be on my list of things to complete and how much time would it take? last time i played was ifrit fights

The two new raids, plus the two new primal fights? There is also several Grand Company quests with one of them requiring 3 lvl 50 people (including yourself). There is also the new job quests, hamlet (Its fun but is a bitch to get the right amount of people). There is also Beastmen strongholds but outside of Job AF few people use them for actual hard content these days, its mostly an extremely good place to spiritbond your gear as the mobs give a crap load of EXP.

The raids don't take long at all to complete especially if you can find a competent group. Primals take a bit more 'prep' time with the key items you need to find first before you can do a fight for the first time but that shouldn't take too long either. If for some reason you had all combat classes at lvl 50, it might take a week to finish the job quests (Pending you got the friends willing to help you do them as religiously as you :p) You can even do the 3 raids and strongholds while doing them as at least 2 AF items for each job comes from one of the 3 raids and strongholds. That's to 'do' the content, getting items from them is an entirely different matter. Not to mention there is also ranking up your grand company rank as it becomes necessary to do Garuda and finish the current quests.

Buttons

The big dead dragon in Mor Dhona is actually Midgardsormr, it's in the Monk storyline quest. Also info on the crystal tower which is buried under the grave of the Ala Mihgan King in Mor Dhona. It's all in the lore topic on the official forums. ^^

Allard

The big dead dragon in Mor Dhona is actually Midgardsormr, it's in the Monk storyline quest. Also info on the crystal tower which is buried under the grave of the Ala Mihgan King in Mor Dhona. It's all in the lore topic on the official forums. ^^

Where is this Lore topic on the forums? I get a brain aneurysm trying to search through it manually XD.

And that would explain why I didn't hear about Midgardsormr (Which is another name for Jormungand; The World Serpent), my only lvl 50 combat class is Archer >.>, My pugilist is only lvl 13!

Allard

So we got another hidden artifact confirmed (I felt it was confirmed mostly yesterday but now that we only have 1 panel remaining its pretty obvious). German one is Axe Beak, so that + Behemoth. With the current revealed panels guessing a Colorful Dragon and Ultima Weapon for the other 2.

In an update by the reps though it sounds like we are in surprise at the end of the hidden artifacts contest. When all 4 are revealed they will post a surprise and from what a French rep said about it, it might very well be the first real in game screen of 2.0 (I'm disregarding the concept mashup when 2.0 was first announced even though they said everything on it was in game.)

This is the google translation of the French CM

several wallpapers with an exclusive image of FINAL FANTASY XIV version 2.0 available

Xux

Well, shoot; looks like I qualified for the legacy thing. Guess I should start playing this again.

Guess I'll look forward to more grinding and loot hunting while trying to fix my mistakes in class selection.

Jinko

So we got another hidden artifact confirmed (I felt it was confirmed mostly yesterday but now that we only have 1 panel remaining its pretty obvious). German one is Axe Beak, so that + Behemoth. With the current revealed panels guessing a Colorful Dragon and Ultima Weapon for the other 2.

In an update by the reps though it sounds like we are in surprise at the end of the hidden artifacts contest. When all 4 are revealed they will post a surprise and from what a French rep said about it, it might very well be the first real in game screen of 2.0 (I'm disregarding the concept mashup when 2.0 was first announced even though they said everything on it was in game.)

This is the google translation of the French CM

I wouldn't get your hope up.

Teknoman

Wow I did not see a dragon coming.

The problem isn't fixing the game at this point. It's trying to get anybody to care anymore, 2 years after the fact.

I know GAF isnt always a good gauge for gamer reactions, but alot of people seem to be slightly more optimistic after trying out the game recently.

ZiZ

weren't there other pics? did the french, germans and japanese not bother to answer any of the stupid questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom