• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canti

I finally managed to get on Lindblum and the server went off for maintenance during one of the opening scenes :lol Hope I can resume where I was at (rather than it than skipping things) when it comes back on.

Jinko

Canti said:
I finally managed to get on Lindblum and the server went off for maintenance during one of the opening scenes :lol Hope I can resume where I was at (rather than it than skipping things) when it comes back on.

If not just restart your character :D

Jinko

Londa said:
Here you go, the lady didn't listen to me. Kept saying region and not country like a bot.

Holy shit, thats such bad customer service.

Have you tried to make a new SE account and register FF14 to that account, if not its worth a go.

Edit:- I love how she's like "ok I have had enough of you, I'm kicking you out of chat" ... in other words.. I haven't been trained for this what do i do ..

notworksafe

Maybe show them your GAF posts where you defend them to the death? Then they'll see you're a true fan! :lol

Seriously though...that is bullshit. Can't believe they want you to make a new account AND rebuy the game.

Londa

Banned
Jinko said:
Holy shit, thats such bad customer service.

Have you tried to make a new SE account and register FF14 to that account, if not its worth a go.

I already used the registration code on the Guatemala account. I think I'm going to just wait until PS3 release if I do get the game. I'm kind of disgusted atm.

notworksafe

Londa said:
I already used the registration code on the Guatemala account. I think I'm going to just wait until PS3 release if I do get the game. I'm kind of disgusted atm.
If you do have to go down that road (hopefully not), just buy an SE version and save your CE item codes...then you can at least have the goggles AND the helmet.

Still I would at least try again...or through email or something. This is really stupid.

Fixed1979

Londa said:
Here you go, the lady didn't listen to me. Kept saying region and not country like a bot.

Wow, I would have lost my fucking mind. That's terrible C.S., I really hope I don't have to ever count on them for anything.

Jinko

Londa said:

Well I suggest you get on the phone and rip them a new one.

I remember when SE deleted my first FF11 account due to inactivity and told me I had to rebuy the game, I wasn't too impressed, looks like their customer services haven't changed much.

Londa

Banned
well, everyone that hates me in this thread, you can lap this up.

I don't think I'll re-buy the game when the normal edition comes out.

JudgeN

Londa said:

See if you can get another person, maybe someone who less bottish.

Londa

Banned
notworksafe said:
If you do have to go down that road (hopefully not), just buy an SE version and save your CE item codes...then you can at least have the goggles AND the helmet.

Still I would at least try again...or through email or something. This is really stupid.

already used the helmet code on this account. :lol

Well I suggest you get on the phone and rip them a new one.

I remember when SE deleted my first FF11 account due to inactivity and told me I had to rebuy the game, I wasn't too impressed, looks like their customer services haven't changed much.

my friend lost his level 60 drk while his account was still active and they refused to give his account back. He didn't do any botting or anything. He never was reported or put in jail for nothing.

Canti

Londa I think you can use the friend trial code on a new account.

My reasoning: was waiting for my copy to arrive so a friend gave me his trial code. I added it to my services, thinking I'd have charged for a copy of the game along with subscription at the end of it. Thing is, upcoming service fees doesn't say I was going to be charged for the game, even though I was just on trial, just the regular $13 per month. Today I received my CE, input the game code and it works exactly the same as the trial - under services I'm even listed as having accounts:

FFXIV BETA
FFXIV(tm) 1
FFXIV(tm) 2

Checked the abilities and services of both 1 and 2 and they're identical. So think the trial code will be fine on new account, you'll just lose the pre-order items. If you need a code I can give you one, but it's EU game so unsure if it'll work (could give it a try).

EDIT: In summary, in buying the game you're essentially getting two install codes with 30 days free on each.

TheFatOne

Londa said:

Is there a number that you can call? That is some bullshit.

Londa

Banned
Canti said:
Londa I think you can use the friend trial code on a new account.

My reasoning: was waiting for my copy to arrive so a friend gave me his trial code. I added it to my services, thinking I'd have charged for a copy of the game along with subscription at the end of it. Thing is, upcoming service fees doesn't say I was going to be charged for the game, even though I was just on trial, just the regular $13 per month. Today I received my CE, input the game code and it works exactly the same as the trial - under services I'm even listed as having accounts:

FFXIV BETA
FFXIV(tm) 1
FFXIV(tm) 2

Checked the abilities and services of both 1 and 2 and they're identical. So think the trial code will be fine on new account, you'll just lose the pre-order items. If you need a code I can give you one, but it's EU game so unsure if it'll work (could give it a try).

I will try the free trail code. Thanks for the advice

Is there a number that you can call? That is some bullshit.

Been on the phone waiting for awhile.

Let me in

Londa said:

Do they not have customer service over the phone? Maybe you could create a new account and then ask them to move the FFXIV info over to that? That's really ridiculous, I don't believe that there's no way for them to change the country.

Ronok

A pic I liked from the party earlier. :lol

KqxeN.jpg

Londa, keep at them. Phone up and complain about how poorly that person treated you. You've spent a lot of money on that game, sort it out.

Bento

Londa said:

/hug :'(

Didn't get my game until today and I just got it patched up and ready, Lindblum not available for new characters I've heard. Hope that changes after todays maintenance, would love to play with the NeoGAF guild. Guess I'll otherwise be heading back to Rabanastre, anyone playing there? : |

datamage

Wow, I've always heard the horror stories of SE's customer service...

There's no way you should give up on this, I'd keep trying till it gets resolved. Call, write, keep chatting, whatever it takes. You have to be able to find someone that will take care of this for you.

I know how enthusiastic you were for the game, don't let them take your $75. Screw that.

Salaadin

Londa, try calling them. In my experiences with those online chat help things is that they get you nowhere. Not a single one has ever helped me. At least on the phone, you can push to get to a supervisor or something.

Londa said:

Can't they just unregister your code so you can use it on another account?

Square Enix really do have one of the worst customer service I've seen.

notworksafe

Londa said:

Maybe one of your haters works for SQE and changed your country. :lol But yeah, stick with the phone support and try and get a supervisor if the person won't help you. Don't let them waste your money because of a bad system.

JudgeN

Bento said:
/hug :'(

Didn't get my game until today and I just got it patched up and ready, Lindblum not available for new characters I've heard. Hope that changes after todays maintenance, would love to play with the NeoGAF guild. Guess I'll otherwise be heading back to Rabanastre, anyone playing there? : |

Lindblum was up for selection just before they went to maintenance, as was Figaro so it "should" be back when its over.

Ravidrath

Londa, you should try again and demand that you be escalated to Tier 2 support. Hopefully that will get you someone less bot-like... but I'm not sure they'll be able to help you any more.

Jinko

notworksafe said:
Do you have a twitter account, Londa? THis would be the perfect thing to bitch about to @SquareEnixSonia. I bitched on twitter about WoW stuff and got a faster response than if I was on the phone.

Screw that I'd be over at Kotaku giving them a news story :lol

ithorien

Londa's issue is unfortunately an example that the SE customer service did not see any and all improvements in the last 8 years.

With 11, it was damn near impossible to recover anything. So they added that notary option.

My wife had to call SIX (6) times to get a representative to even acknowledge that the notary option exists, we went through the process paying for certified mail etc only to get a big "FU" from SE giving us a really bad excuse that quite literally had nothing to do with her trying to get the account back.

Square Enix ladies and gentlemen is sadly not the same company as Squaresoft once was, and it's only getting worse.

Do what everyone says, cry to the internets. Kotaku, Joystiq, Twitter, BBB, anything.

Ravidrath

Londa, is your billing address on your CC or anything related to Guatemala? Or is the CC from Guatemala?

It had to get that data from somewhere. It didn't just guess (correctly) that you were from Guatemala.

ithorien

Londa said:
I'm on the phone with them now....... :(

Quite honestly, I think you'll have more luck utilizing other sources than dealing with some idiot representatives that are taught one thing only, to give a runaround.

I didn't read that as bad support - she only missed the important point, because you never really brought it up: you can't play the game because it is registered on the wrong region. You complained about registering the game with the other country, but she may not have realized that would stop you from being able to pay for it or whatever.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
When I first got FFXI I asked if there was an option to remove CC info from my account. I like to cancel MMOs right after I buy them incase I don't want to play them after the free month. Otherwise I forget to remove billing since I am forgetful. I did manage to turn off renewal myself, but I noticed it still kept CC info.

Asking no other questions SE disabled my account after reading my one email. They told me if I wanted to play again I would need to buy a new box. Never got them to enable it or send me a new copy, even after talking to a supervisor. Worst customer support ever. I bought FFXI and my account was no good after a day. Never played it again.

Londa

Banned
I selected United States, never did I select Guatemala, that is under south america. np way to accidently select it, less I'm drunk. I only drink if I eat out and am not driving.

Canti

1. Create new account (being careful on selecting NA etc).

2. Register trial code; to quote myself from earlier:
Canti said:
EDIT: In summary, in buying the game you're essentially getting two install codes with 30 days free on each.

3. Explain situation to SE (failing that over hyping news blogs as others have mentioned) to score new, free codes for onion helm etc. Probably have more luck with this than essentially them providing another game code. OR stretch the truth and say no helm code came with your game, maybe they'd give one then (it's their fault regardless of saying this).

Fixed1979

Dreamwriter said:
I didn't read that as bad support - she only missed the important point, because you never really brought it up: you can't play the game because it is registered on the wrong region. You complained about registering the game with the other country, but she may not have realized that would stop you from being able to pay for it or whatever.

I see where you're coming from it wasn't stated as clear as it could have been, but it was said that "I could not pay for the account", and considering the game is pay to play that should have been the give away away.

Londa said:
I selected United States, never did I select Guatemala, that is under south america. np way to accidently select it, less I'm drunk. I only drink if I eat out and am not driving.
Right, but what I'm saying is, that is not your problem, just the reason for your problem. Your problem is you won't be able to play the game. With tech support, that is the thing you have to start with, because that is the solution they must solve. Unfortunately tech support people (especially on launch day) are swamped with tons of issues, may not realize all the ramifications of the problems, and she obviously missed that important detail. She thought the only problem was the region, and in her mind the problem was solved when she told you the only solution is to create a new account, potentially using capital letters for your email address so the system doesn't think it's the same.

LowParry

Damn. Londa got shanked. It's gonna be a while before any support is going to help. Chances are, she'll have to buy a new copy. Worse case scenario. Reminds me of first day Aion support.

Salaadin

Londa said:

What are the options that they give? I found this post from someone else who contacted SE:

"Usable software and services will differ depending on your country and region of residence. When purchasing software, please verify that the software’s region matches your account’s registered region. Please note that you cannot change your country or region after registration has completed. Also, it is best to choose the region closest to your current location, if your specific country is not listed. If your stay at your current region is temporary then please select your region of origin.

Please note that if you selected North American region for your Square Enix account, make sure you are using the North American version software of FINAL FANTASY XIV."

http://iamstillwater.wordpress.com/2010/09/23/more-answers-from-square-enix-on-ffxiv-region-use/

I dont know if that helps any.

Also, when you first signed up for your SE ID (probably waaay back when they first took beta sign ups last December) did you select Guatemala? When you try to sign up for a SE ID today, you get this:
https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/register

South America is an option there.

I also remember a recent post by them telling us to log in and verify our country. After this post was made, they didnt let you log in any firther until you selected your country. I just logged into an old SE ID of mine that didnt have the country verified yet and when they asked me what country I was in, it let me select South America - Guatemala. Youre absolutely certain that you didnt do this? It said NA for you?

Ronok

Londa, just so you know. You don't have to actually purchase any crysta in order to start playing the game. So you could play while you are sorting out this problem.

Just go to your FFXIV service, click add options select crysta and then 30 days. You don't have to have any payment method set up for the 30 day trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom