• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

Londa said:
they just hung up on me. They said I have to talk to click and buy and maybe they can help me. lol

I said like 10 pages back that they would try and do this ..! :lol

Click and Buy are based in Uk/Germany right, hmmm nice.

Don't give up Londa. That's complete bullshit and we all feel for you.

So your debit card doesn't have visa or anything on it? Most debit cards do, I thought.

Get a prepaid credit card or visa gift card or whatever and use it with clickandbuy maybe?

In general with SE the first thing I would do is, if possible, think of ways you can avoid the CS entirely. I know it's messed up that for some reason you have a Guatemalan account (pretty sure that wasn't your fault, but some stupid glitch more likely) but you can at least play as long as you can get in through clickandbuy, right? There are ways to do that without getting a new line of credit, as I mentioned above.

Londa

Banned
Ronok said:
Londa, just so you know. You don't have to actually purchase any crysta in order to start playing the game. So you could play while you are sorting out this problem.

Just go to your FFXIV service, click add options select crysta and then 30 days. You don't have to have any payment method set up for the 30 day trial.

They don't allow for crysta in Guatemala. only in United States.

Londa

Banned
I'm worried not only about paying, but if there is an expansion, will it allow me to register it under Guatemala. The lady said it should have never registered my game. So this is some kind of glitch going on.

Guatemala by Londaluu, on Flickr

I tried adding United States to providence on here but it doesn't do anything or remove Guatemala from the Country

notworksafe

Londa said:
I'm worried not only about paying, but if there is an expansion, will it allow me to register it under Guatemala. The lady said it should have never registered my game. So this is some kind of glitch going on.
So they admitted it was a bug with their system but refuse to fix it? Fuck Square.

If she said it shouldn't have registered, then that means something on their end worked the way it wasn't supposed to, which means they;re fucking supposed to fix it for you. They should change your country or remove the product code from the account and let you use it on a new one. But if she said it shouldn't have registered then the ball is in their court to fix that shit.

Damnit. Now I'm gonna feel sour about this until you get it resolved.

jiggle

seriously file a fraud report with Credit card company (assuming u charged for the game) and get your money back

saves all the headache

you can choose to(or not to) get the game again after

edit: londa's a girl?

So you're in Country: Guatemala, with Province/Region: United States?

Yeah something is fucked up and you shouldn't have your money stolen from you by a huge public company for it.

Londa

Banned
jiggle said:
seriously file a fraud report with Credit card company (assuming u charged for the game) and get your money back

saves all the headache

you can choose to(or not to) get the game again after

edit: londa's a girl?

yeah lol, I've been saying I am every time someone calls me a guy :lol

So you're in Country: Guatemala, with Province/Region: United States?

Yeah something is fucked up and you shouldn't have your money stolen from you by a huge public company for it.

I added United States to Providence because I was hoping that was what changed the Country

Also: wtf, does SE not realize that some people change their country of residence sometimes? I know that's not what you did, but I can see that being a big issue.

I was wondering what people do if they move to a country that allows/not allows the payment you was using to play FFXIV in your old country.

Anyone buying the game should check their member account and make sure everything is correct before entering any game codes, or linking your FFXI, or SE members account to it. You will lose it all if there is an error.

notworksafe

Another idea for Londa. Can you try an exchange at Amazon? Maybe tell them the game came broken or something...then you can get a new box copy.

Salaadin

notworksafe said:
Another idea for Londa. Can you try an exchange at Amazon? Maybe tell them the game came broken or something...then you can get a new box copy.
Not a bad idea. I had a graphics card go back well out of their warranty period and AMD wasnt doing anything to help me. I explained my problem to Amazon and they exchanged it for free.

Is anyone else getting crashes where their entire computer screen (doesn't matter whether playing in windowed or full screen) fades to black and freezes there? It just happens at completely random times and I have to force shutdown every time.

The weirdest thing is how I'm just running through a zone and all of a sudden it fades to black as if entering a cutscene or something, but it's my entire monitor and then I've got a completely frozen computer.

I'm also playing on my laptop, via HDMI to a 1080p monitor, if that makes any difference.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I'd also try Amazon. They have fantastic customer service, I've dealt with them a few times and they do everything they can to make you happy.

Londa

Banned
notworksafe said:

I lose my beta account from being linked to my game. I don't know what it does, I guess its only to keep your character name and the appearance.

I'm going to try using the free trail code. I'm just kind of down about what happen recently. I'll end up doing it later tonight or over the weekend. I hope it works. I wanted the helmet, but whatever, can't get it back.

Cathcart

jiggle said:

Seriously. You bought a game and now they won't let you play it, sounds perfectly reasonable to let the CC company figure this crap out and just buy yourself another copy. Not worth the headache, man*. You Guatemalans have it hard enough as is.

*woman

notworksafe

Londa said:
I lose my beta account from being linked to my game. I don't know what it does, I guess its only to keep your character name and the appearance.

I'm going to try using the free trail code. I'm just kind of down about what happen recently. I'll end up doing it later tonight or over the weekend. I hope it works. I wanted the helmet, but whatever, can't get it back.
Don't give up! You spent extra on the CE and you should get the full value! As far as Beta account it just keeps your character names, that's all. So a new account won't lose you much.

Jinko

HappyBivouac said:
Is anyone else getting crashes where their entire computer screen (doesn't matter whether playing in windowed or full screen) fades to black and freezes there? It just happens at completely random times and I have to force shutdown every time.

The weirdest thing is how I'm just running through a zone and all of a sudden it fades to black as if entering a cutscene or something, but it's my entire monitor and then I've got a completely frozen computer.

I'm also playing on my laptop, via HDMI to a 1080p monitor, if that makes any difference.

Control panel > System and Security > Action Center > Change Action Center Settings, uncheck all the boxes and click ok.

Sounds like you are getting the Direct X crash, and the HDMI is losing its connectivity.

Try it anyways might fix the problem.

New patch is up 6.58 mbs.

GAF, save me. I am in the linkshell, but cannot talk. I'm pretty sure I lost or never had a pearl, so can anyone hook me up once servers are up? I am in the first camp outside of Ul'Dah atm I believe.

Jinko said:
Control panel > System and Security > Action Center > Change Action Center Settings, uncheck all the boxes and click ok.

Sounds like you are getting the Direct X crash, and the HDMI is losing its connectivity.

Try it anyways might fix the problem.

I did that fix already during open beta. It seemed like it helped a bit but I'd still crash occasionally. I suppose it might not be as bad if I just played on my laptop display for now.

Jinko

The_Reckoning said:
GAF, save me. I am in the linkshell, but cannot talk. I'm pretty sure I lost or never had a pearl, so can anyone hook me up once servers are up? I am in the first camp outside of Ul'Dah atm I believe.

Goto Linkshell in the main menu, click linkshells and select it from the list, has to be actived.

The_Reckoning said:

Did you equip the linkshell?

Salaadin

The_Reckoning said:

You got an invite and accepted it? If so, did you equip the pearl? Goto Menu > Linkshell and then equip it there.

You can see the text for the linkshells you currently own (up to 8, I think) but can only talk into the equipped one.

/l is the command

Jinko

HappyBivouac said:
I did that fix already during open beta. It seemed like it helped a bit but I'd still crash occasionally. I suppose it might not be as bad if I just played on my laptop display for now.

Ahh, I'm guessing if your HDMI connection is dodgy or there is a problem with the HDCP it could be losing the picture and crashing the game.

Jinko said:
Goto Linkshell in the main menu, click linkshells and select it from the list, has to be actived.

Bah, it's been so long since I played XI, thanks for the heads up. It's fun learning a game again, just a bit extra confusing on this one

Thanks ^

So is PS3 or 360 controller the way to go on this?

Mims

The_Reckoning said:
Bah, it's been so long since I played XI, thanks for the heads up. It's fun learning a game again, just a bit extra confusing on this one

Thanks ^

Just go with whichever your preference is they both work out. I personally use ps3 since i've been used to dual shocks since ps1-2

jsrv

The_Reckoning said:

Thanks ^

From playing the open beta... I would avoid the 360 controller unless your thumb has gotten very precise with the D-Pad because it is needed for targeting and selecting abilities from the action bar. I always seem to accidentally press diagonal on it when I intended left or right causing the action bar to shift up or down. PS3 controller needs motion-in-joy to work (I couldn't find any other way) which is pretty annoying too.

Jinko

The_Reckoning said:

Thanks ^

PS3 has a better D-pad if you can set it up using motionjoy.

There is always this though. (this should have come in the CE IMO)

Salaadin

Has anyone tried using the Numpad for camera controls yet? I might give it a go one day while bullshitting and see if I can get used to it better than controller

Jinko

Salaadin said:
Has anyone tried using the Numpad for camera controls yet? I might give it a go one day while bullshitting and see if I can get used to it better than controller

Numberpad is used to move your character like in FF11, I don't think you can reassign the keys either.

Kandinsky

Londa said:
well, everyone that hates me in this thread, you can lap this up.

I don't think I'll re-buy the game when the normal edition comes out.
You're so full of yourself, just like every...... eeeeehhhhh i'll just stop.

Salaadin

Jinko said:
Numberpad is used to move your character like in FF11, I don't think you can reassign the keys either.

I did it last night. I kept getting a "you cant do that because that key is in use" error at first but then it let me. What I did was select the secondary key for every action in every section and deleted all of them using Esc. Most of these keys were assigned to the numpad.

Once the secondary actions were all cleared, I was able to go into the camera controls and make a secondary key for Camera Up, Down, Left, Right using Numpad 8, 5, 4, and 6. Im able to move my character using WASD and move the camera with Numpad 8456.

EDIT: This was done in game at the Menu > Config > Keyboard option.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Salaadin said:
I did it last night. I kept getting a "you cant do that because that key is in use" error at first but then it let me. What I did was select the secondary key for every action in every section and deleted all of them using Esc. Most of these keys were assigned to the numpad.

Once the secondary actions were all cleared, I was able to go into the camera controls and make a secondary key for Camera Up, Down, Left, Right using Numpad 8, 5, 4, and 6. Im able to move my character using WASD and move the camera with Numpad 8456.

What controller have you been using? I use a 360 controller which seems perfect for me personally. :S

Ronok

Anyone else have the problem where they install the patch, but then the game won't get past the SE logo anymore? wtf? :lol

(I got it working again.......)

Kandinsky said:
You're so full of yourself, just like every...... eeeeehhhhh i'll just stop.

Man everyone was doing a good job ignoring that nonsense until you came in :mad:

Also: when do I get unlocked arrowkeys? is there any reason for them to be locked?

Jinko

Salaadin said:

EDIT: This was done in game at the Menu > Config > Keyboard option.

That interesting, no chance of unbindnig the arrow keys then ? :(

Salaadin

Jinko said:
That interesting, no chance of unbindnig the arrow keys then ? :(

I didnt try yet. I do want to see if theres a decent keyboard setup anywhere as Id like to full utilize that with all of the extra G-keys on my Logitech G11 too. I might screw with it some tonight and see if I get anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom