• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

does it matter? does it have to be crysta or 90 day subscription?

if it's crysta you have to fork out 30 bucks upfront.

It seems he understood what I was saying but you can't get legacy status till you officially pay for 90 subscription either as a 90 day package, or three 30 day payments. Crysta drains from your account only as quick as your month to month fee is concerned. You can buy enough Crysta right up front to pay for 90 days but if you don't trigger the specific 90 day subscription, it will default to the charge every 30 day version, which means it would take 2+ months to officially trigger legacy status since it has to wait for three 30 day payments to trigger.

Coldsnap

:p

No way, I don't even have the game anymore anyways. Plus I'm about to leave and will be out of town for a bit.

Have fun ^^

; ;
RIP
Just when I'm flying into Austin your leaving?! well at the end of the month. I'm gonna chill on some lake that my girlfriends grampa owns and drink wine, ride jetskis, and throw around money all week.

hteng

Banned
It seems he understood what I was saying but you can't get legacy status till you officially pay for 90 subscription either as a 90 day package, or three 30 day payments. Crysta drains from your account only as quick as your month to month fee is concerned. You can buy enough Crysta right up front to pay for 90 days but if you don't trigger the specific 90 day subscription, it will default to the charge every 30 day version, which means it would take 2+ months to officially trigger legacy status since it has to wait for three 30 day payments to trigger.

oh crap, then i messed up, i don't see the 90 day package offered anywhere. I've already paid for 2 months, since i started in April, that means i'll only need to pay for another month to qualify for legacy?

thanks for clearing up the confusion.

edit: ah ok, i see what you mean.

The 90 days subscription (or crysta) does not start being utilized until the next billing cycle, for me it's on 15 Jun, so hopefully i still get legacy by then.

Allard

oh crap, then i messed up, i don't see the 90 day package offered anywhere. I've already paid for 2 months, since i started in April, that means i'll only need to pay for another month to qualify for legacy?

thanks for clearing up the confusion.

edit: ah ok, i see what you mean.

The 90 days subscription (or crysta) does not start being utilized until the next billing cycle, for me it's on 15 Jun, so hopefully i still get legacy by then.

You should be fine :) In order to obtain legacy status, you just need to have officially paid for 90 days or 3 30 day packages. You don't need to do this for consecutive months but can obtained over several months (in case you are like lots of us who only pay for 30 days after the new patch and then quit till the next one :p). You just won't officially receive legacy status till the 3rd monthly billing but if you purchase a 90 day subscription (quarterly subscription) you will get it almost immediately after SE charges that 90 days to your account. Also the deadline today is only for people who have yet to register/buy the game since you get a free 30 days before billing begins in a new game account.

Riposte

Game could use a contribution system and less grind to get rid of the "just let a high level do it for you" mentality.

What the game had originally, more or less lol.

EDIT: There were contribution systems for Campaign stuff in FFXI. That seems like a no brainer, but they are also okay with stuff like powerleveling... so who knows. It is too bad they don't just spawn another chocobo caravan if there is demand for it.

teiresias

I posted this in the Kepler thread in the main gaming forum, but thought I'd post it here in case anyone in here is playing using a GTX670.

For some reason hair textures are now suffering from highly excessive shimmering no matter what texture filtering or AA options I have selected in either the game's configuration or the Nvidia Control Panel. I didn't have this issue on my 460 SLI setup, and the game looks fine otherwise, but for some reason, hair is just a mess when playing on the 670. Maybe it's just a driver and/or game engine quirk that will be fixed at some point (even if that point is the new graphics engine for FFXIV 2.0).

Before and after shots below:

First, no hair shimmer on my old 460 SLI setup:
YwoeD.jpg

Second, hair shimmer on my 670:
6Fpkp.jpg

I think both setups were running only FXAA in both of these screenshots, but I've tried different levels of MSAA on the 670, both alone and in combo with FXAA, and there's no change. Anyone have any ideas?

Allard

I posted this in the Kepler thread in the main gaming forum, but thought I'd post it here in case anyone in here is playing using a GTX670.

For some reason hair textures are now suffering from highly excessive shimmering no matter what texture filtering or AA options I have selected in either the game's configuration or the Nvidia Control Panel. I didn't have this issue on my 460 SLI setup, and the game looks fine otherwise, but for some reason, hair is just a mess when playing on the 670. Maybe it's just a driver and/or game engine quirk that will be fixed at some point (even if that point is the new graphics engine for FFXIV 2.0).

Before and after shots below:

First, no hair shimmer on my old 460 SLI setup:
YwoeD.jpg

Second, hair shimmer on my 670:
6Fpkp.jpg

I think both setups were running only FXAA in both of these screenshots, but I've tried different levels of MSAA on the 670, both alone and in combo with FXAA, and there's no change. Anyone have any ideas?

If I had to make an educated guess I think its just driver support is lagging behind right now for the new GTX 670. It only came out recently I am hearing talks on other boards of some graphical issues similar to this on other games. My understanding is a new driver will be released sometime in mid June to alleviate these issues. If a driver does fix these issues pop in and let us know, I know of a few people that want to get this specific card to play the game and haven't gotten it yet.

Mature

Oh, man. The official forums are just so bad. The only stuff I can appreciate on there at this point are people discussing lore.

Allard

Oh, man. The official forums are just so bad. The only stuff I can appreciate on there at this point are people discussing lore.

I only go there for the occasional new info piece just to see if someone like Reinheart is there translating stuff, that and the dev tracker. I know we like to talk about how 'bad' the official forums are for FFXIV but that is the double edge sword of all official forums. You get a mix of bitter people who want the game their way and only their way and you get people who get repulsed at change at every turn and want to think the game is perfect as is. This happens on all MMO official forums from what I have seen. Its best to make an observation and just leave, use the +1 system and leave it at that. Anymore will just give you end less headaches.

I'd like to believe this group of developers know how to sift out good ideas from bad ones as Yoshida has been very candid on most of his changes and why they came to the changes. Furthermore they do check other forums, maybe if the devs became more aware of this forum they might have reps check here every once in a while, we know they check BG at least.

Salaadin

Cant find an answer anywhere else so I guess Ill ask here. Is anyone using MSI Afterburner to monitor FPS and have issues with it displaying while playing FFXIV? Its working in the background because it lets me record video but I cant see the on screen FPS display no matter what I do. It works in every game but this so far :(

Jinko

Cant find an answer anywhere else so I guess Ill ask here. Is anyone using MSI Afterburner to monitor FPS and have issues with it displaying while playing FFXIV? Its working in the background because it lets me record video but I cant see the on screen FPS display no matter what I do. It works in every game but this so far :(

Works fine for me have you set up the MSI on screen display server thingy ?

41630608.png

Jijidasu

Second half of the letter results are up (here). Quite literally straight to the point with it all. Nothing really mentioned besides the results and what's coming in the future letter. Which, if I had to estimate will be possibly several months from now.

I'm slightly agitated he didn't address the honestly overwhelming noise regarding them not showing anything at E3.

Jinko

Rigged polls imo.

We should coax Kagari into threatening YoshiP for information.

It is a bit odd because there was a thread on the forums abut the inconvenience of repairs, I think Eight started it actually, it seemed most would be happy to repair/affix without switching to the class.

Perhaps they asked the wrong question ..

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Tempted to pick this up for a cheap price (< $15). Is the game very much worth playing these days? ofc even if I buy it, I'm not so sure if I'll get around to activating it till 2.0 hits.

Allard

I, on the other hand, would like much more to see something like the Gria again.

Where were these polls?

The poll was conducted like a week after 1.21 went live, it was up for a week. Nice thing is you didn't need to be an active subscriber to participate in it, just a past/current one. The polls were on the lodestone.

Munba

Yoshida said last week 1.22b 'might' be pretty beefy for a letter based update, I wonder if the timing has anything to do with the content, like maybe some more 2.0 related live events will start showing up with this update since it looks like its going to show up on the day the E3 floors go live. One can dream!

Yeah, same dream here. XD

Mature

Man, this looks great. And that's coming from pretty high expectations. Are those concept arts artifact gear for Armorer and Botanist? Very excited for this.

Allard

Man, this looks great. And that's coming from pretty high expectations. Are those concept arts artifact gear for Armorer and Botanist? Very excited for this.

Yep Armorer and Botanist... the hat for Botanist is already in game and its a hamlet item -.-. It does make me interested to see what the other gear looks like, it looks like they are actually making armor that is clearly different then the current stuff in game and not a cheap reskin of other crafting/gathering gear.

Edit: Even though I know its because of the art director, this is first set of stuff that really makes me realize we got the Ivalice Alliance art director. The armorer set looks like something ripped right out of Final Fantasy Tactics, not since the "Judge" like designs of the Garleans did it really feel like the same guy XD. Also the monster designs are amazing looking and the succubus mob shows that even if they are inspired to take stuff from older FF games, they are definitely going to put their own unique spin on it. I certainly wouldn't want to meet Typhon or the succubus in a dungeon XD.

Kokonoe

Banned
Depending on the activity of this guild, I'll be on the server you guys play during 2.0. It seems to look good, but I'll reserve my judgment for when I play it.

See you when 2.0 kicks off.

notworksafe

Gonna have to find my discs and reinstall so I can get that Legacy (maybe)! So everyone is on Sargatanas? Is there any Windower for XIV or does it work pretty well without that?

zlatko

Banned
Gonna have to find my discs and reinstall so I can get that Legacy (maybe)! So everyone is on Sargatanas? Is there any Windower for XIV or does it work pretty well without that?

Link to a windower app that works better than the in game one is listed in the last few pages of this thread. I use it, and it works a fuck ton better than the in game one itself.

suzu

I'm loving the way it looks. This might actually bring me back to the game. Also dat Akihiko Yoshida artwork. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom