• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
jiggle said:
outside of the in-game item snafu
very happy with the retail version so far
leve seems easier(either that or Conj is >>>>>>>>>>>>> lancer)
skillup and level up is fast again
not one crash so far (knock on wood)
everything just seems to work smoother (still a lot of work left to do)

is there a good guide for crafting?
i've been using YG + loadstone, which is good and all
but would like to see some personal guides/recommendations

The game has officially been out for 2 days :|

I'm enjoying doing quests a lot more in XIV than I ever did in XI because now you actually know where you have to go just by checking the map in the Journal.

Teknoman

Going online now, new patch downloaded pretty fast with my virus scanner turned off...so I think my virus scanner was interfering some how...or I just got lucky.

Anyway, please send a pearl my way if you can.

zlatko

Banned
So I skimmed/read over some of what has been happening to Londa. I would be going APE SHIT on SE. I'd call them every 5 minutes if they hung up on me and keep asking for people in charge and threatning to sue them because I have all this recorded and screen shotted.

I think that'd make them stop jerking you the hell around. Bottom line is they need to step their crap up, change you back to USA, give you the codes for what you bought, and let you have the name.

If anyone in these FFXIV threads deserves damn respect from SE it's Londa considering she is the only one who was in their camp while the rest of us were shitting on them non stop.

I hope you get it all straightened out. Maybe Gaf can unite and we all chip in a dollar paypal so you can get a new copy.

Lucis

ok i totally didn't read up anything...
i played beta but just messed around with everything
since this time we can add our own stat, is there some guide for best stat allocation for different class?

i understand as a thaum i prob need vit/int/mnd since vit + hp mnd + mp and int + spell damage, but is there a good ratio to add?

Also the elemental attributes... are they resistance or more spell damage? i guess it's resistance since only conj really has elemental spell.

lastly is there "respec" for those points? if so is there a penalty?

Londa

Banned
made a new account with a different email and crysta and other things are included in the site that weren't include in the Guatemala account. I'm going to see if the trail code works.

notworksafe

zlatko said:
So I skimmed/read over some of what has been happening to Londa. I would be going APE SHIT on SE. I'd call them every 5 minutes if they hung up on me and keep asking for people in charge and threatning to sue them because I have all this recorded and screen shotted.

I think that'd make them stop jerking you the hell around. Bottom line is they need to step their crap up, change you back to USA, give you the codes for what you bought, and let you have the name.

If anyone in these FFXIV threads deserves damn respect from SE it's Londa considering she is the only one who was in their camp while the rest of us were shitting on them non stop.

I hope you get it all straightened out. Maybe Gaf can unite and we all chip in a dollar paypal so you can get a new copy.
I still stand by my idea of asking Amazon to replace it. They are good dudes and will probably sympathize. Even so that leaves her out of her S-E account. Either way it is bullshit. I still can't believe they admitted fault, refused to help, and then hung up on her. I'd be calling right back and yelling at the top of my lungs.

Londa said:
made a new account with a different email and crysta and other things are included in the site that weren't include in the Guatemala account. I'm going to see if the trail code works.
Decided not to go with the service reset thing? Or they wouldn't let you?

Cathcart

Kirashi said:
ok i totally didn't read up anything...
i played beta but just messed around with everything
since this time we can add our own stat, is there some guide for best stat allocation for different class?

i understand as a thaum i prob need vit/int/mnd since vit + hp mnd + mp and int + spell damage, but is there a good ratio to add?
Nope. Nobody knows yet. Experiment with it, everyone has their own theories but there's not enough data to really min/max it yet.

Also the elemental attributes... are they resistance or more spell damage? i guess it's resistance since only conj really has elemental spell.
Not sure but I do know that somehow these things affect crafting and they also determine how likely you are to find shards while gathering (botany/mining/fishing).

lastly is there "respec" for those points? if so is there a penalty?
There's a reassign button at the bottom of the point allocation window. It will allow you to reallocate about 20% of your points at a time. The only penalty is that there is a 15 or 20 minute cooldown to it, so you can't reassign everything at once. But you can eventually reassign everything except your level one base stats.

zlatko

Banned
Londa said:

What happens to the Crysta on the Guate account? Do you get compensated for that? If you did clickandbuy I believe they do monthly reoccuring for w/e you get from them, so be wary of that.

I'd honestly call SE back, get pissed, ask for someone in charge, and when they give you that person ask for the person in charge of them. Record the phone calls if you can too, so you can use it in court. When you win millions then you can buy SE and get FFvs13 out the door, fire the idiots behind FF13, and make Nomura work on KH3. :D

Lucis

Cathcart said:
Nope. Nobody knows yet. Experiment with it, everyone has their own theories but there's not enough data to really min/max it yet.

Not sure but I do know that somehow these things affect crafting and they also determine how likely you are to find shards while gathering (botany/mining/fishing).

There's a reassign button at the bottom of the point allocation window. It will allow you to reallocate about 20% of your points at a time. The only penalty is that there is a 15 or 20 minute cooldown to it, so you can't reassign everything at once. But you can eventually reassign everything except your level one base stats.

sweet
fear not, time to dump points then lol thanks

Mims

Did my first Behest and must say it was pretty fun and kind of tough. Not bad though got some good exp and 2k gil from the camp drybone one in ul'dah

Londa

Banned
notworksafe said:
I still stand by my idea of asking Amazon to replace it. They are good dudes and will probably sympathize. Even so that leaves her out of her S-E account. Either way it is bullshit. I still can't believe they admitted fault, refused to help, and then hung up on her. I'd be calling right back and yelling at the top of my lungs.

Decided not to go with the service reset thing? Or they wouldn't let you?

From what I read, it only reactivates the code for the game. The account profile isn't change from what I read. you are just given a new code that isn't linked as new FFXIV account instead of FFXIV beta account

What happens to the Crysta on the Guate account? Do you get compensated for that? If you did clickandbuy I believe they do monthly reoccuring for w/e you get from them, so be wary of that.

Guatemala doesn't allow for Crysta purchases. So I didn't buy that. I only used the helmet code and the FFXIV CE code and linked my beta account to it, but I had my SE members where you can register your games to get point, to it.

Londa

Banned
demosthenes said:
I don't think you answered, or I missed it.

Why do you need it linked to your beta account?

I saved four characters on it that I don't wanna re-make, plus I'm a collection nerd. I like to even collect game boxes. I had old boxes from the original NES games. (but those got destroyed by even nieces and nephew)

notworksafe

Londa said:
From what I read, it only reactivates the code for the game. The account profile isn't change from what I read. you are just given a new code that isn't linked as new FFXIV account instead of FFXIV beta account.
Hm this sounds like it would be the best option to me. You'd still lose your helmet code, but maybe if you bitched enough they'd give it back.

Londa said:
I saved four characters on it that I don't wanna re-make, plus I'm a collection nerd. I like to even collect game boxes. I had old boxes from the original NES games. (but those got destroyed by even nieces and nephew)
Levels and appearance don't transfer from beta...just the name. You wouldn't lose much.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The computers at work are not patching at all. I downloaded the full client for Wrath of the Lich King and installed it and the highest % of the patch downloaded on any of these machines in 10% :/

Londa

Banned
I'll reactive the code and I'll use the trail version. If I know someone who needs a new FFXIV code I can give it to them

zlatko

Banned
notworksafe said:
Hm this sounds like it would be the best option to me. You'd still lose your helmet code, but maybe if you bitched enough they'd give it back.

Levels and appearance don't transfer from beta...just the name. You wouldn't lose much.

Appearances do.

vivin

Pan, you need to hurry up and sack more people. I stayed online for as long as I could, since I was the only sack holder online during my playing time. I felt bad logging off >_<;

Had a blast attempting all those 10leve's. So mannny PT wipes, was great :lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
pancakesandsex said:
Why the fuck do you people keep saying free trail. It's a trial people. Type with fingers not face. 8 pages of trail has driven me mad.

Talk like that might take this thread off the beaten trial.

Firehead

Hey, got the game to run on my laptop.. definitely not the best framerate, but I can play it somewhat. I've a few questions:
- Is there a way to put my account on hold to come back and start paying later?
- How long do they keep the characters/do they delete the characters from the servers?
- What exactly was the purpose of the birthdate thing and the guardian?
- How do I go about crafting and such?
- Does NeoGAF have a linkshell? :)
Name: Monty Crump, hyur, Pugilist in Gridania on Linblum.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Can we change the GAF server to Fabul? Its nice there, not overflowing and not lagging

zlatko said:
Appearances do.

Appearances are saved on your hard drive in the My Documents/My Games/Final Fantasy XIV Beta directory. You don't need to same account for your character's appearance.

The GAF server is only going to change by majority vote. It is not going to change because you arbitrarily want it to change because you're too impatient to wait a day or two for the server to unlock and unlag. If you go to another server, you are making that choice on your own. The official GAF server is Lindblum. It is not Rabanastre, it is not Figaro, and it is most certainly not Fabul. If you go there because you are going with friends, and there are other GAFfers on there, then great. That doesn't change the fact that the official GAF server is Lindblum. Those of us who participated in the voting process before the game launch are staying put where we are, regardless of the launch week challenges. As MMOG launches go, this one has been actually very smooth and honestly I don't understand why some people are complaining because they couldn't get on the very first day, you should have seen the server queues I was fighting through to try and log on to Aion the first day.

Wallach

Londa, don't give them any more of your money until they get this corrected. There's no reason to abandon your account because their customer service is functionally retarded. That isn't a small problem, it's a fucking big one.

The most typical route for companies like that is to simply make you feel like you don't have any power, but the reality is they're just crossing their fingers and are hoping you go away. Comcast customer service tried to pull shit like that with me one time, except after they wound up on the front page of sites like the Consumerist all of a sudden they were calling to say how quickly and effectively they were going to fix the situation. Go figure.

Make it their problem until they fix it.

Londa

Banned
ok I sent a request for a reset of my old account. In my new account I added crystal in like one minute. I can make a new character now. I lose out on everything else, but at least I didn't have to buy a new game

Londa

Banned
pancakesandsex said:
Why the fuck do you people keep saying free trail. It's a trial people. Type with fingers not face. 8 pages of trail has driven me mad.

Because it saids on the paper and I quote:

"Your friend invites you to play FREE for 30 days!" <--- actual text and the work free is all in caps on the printed page. Why are you worried about something so trivial?

ooh lol I just read it again... trial. its cause those were typos. my bad

Diagol

Londa said:
Because it saids on the paper and I quote:

"Your friend invites you to play FREE for 30 days!" <--- actual text and the work free is all in caps on the printed page. Why are you worried about something so trivial?
I think you missed the point of that post.

Read the words trial and trail again. ;)

EDIT: haha looks like you noticed!

Londa

Banned
Diagol said:
I think you missed the point of that post.

Read the words trial and trail again. ;)

EDIT: haha looks like you noticed!

yeah lol, it takes awhile for me, sometimes. :lol

I better do some homework. I'll come back to this mess later. I appreciate peoples advice. Thanks

mileS

Lindblum isn't on the list again after I started over with a new character.. oh well I gotta go out anyway I'll try again when I get home.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FFXIV_1285284639.jpg

I think it's pretty spot on :lol

zlatko

Banned
So things I've noticed from beta.

1) Guildleves item rewards on the 1 and 10 leves are fewer.

2) Exp given by mobs from guildleves is hella low. I can solo 3 star battle leves and the exp is still junk.

3) The lack of auction house needs to be fixed in the first title update to be honest. I have been doing 80% crafting and 20% fighting monsters. I don't want to play a crafting simulator. Crafting should be a side thing I do to gain money/make gear sometimes, but right now it feels like that's the only thing you should do since buying equipment is out of the question. :(

hgplayer1

I know how GAF likes to make assumptions so I thought I would throw something out there for everyone to chew on before I log in tonight.

Ive heard how pleased a lot of people are with the exp gains in guild leves and during crafting but Im wondering if this isnt part of the bonus LE buyers get?

Is there a chance that SE will nerf exp and adjust fatigue once the regular edition hits the streets? Im not taking any chances and Im gonna try to get as much exp as I can while the going is good.

Firehead

Firehead said:
Hey, got the game to run on my laptop.. definitely not the best framerate, but I can play it somewhat. I've a few questions:
- Is there a way to put my account on hold to come back and start paying later?
- How long do they keep the characters/do they delete the characters from the servers?
- What exactly was the purpose of the birthdate thing and the guardian?
- How do I go about crafting and such?
- Does NeoGAF have a linkshell? :)
Name: Monty Crump, hyur, Pugilist in Gridania on Linblum.
:/?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Graphics are pretty, digging so far. The UI feels like it's from 1990 though. Why do I have to sift through tons of menus to do simple things? I was trying to scroll around the map, but I can't do that. I have to sift through a bunch of menus. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom