• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jijidasu

Take with a grain of salt but it appears as though Famitsu will have new shots this week. This is all 2ch information but it seems like this is their way to start building attention prior to Gamescom.

Thing go down for maintenance or something? I was gonna log in for the first time in a while but got lobby timeouts and funky stuff on the login page.

Darryl

Banned
anyone wanna share your gil making techniques with me? i'm on hyperion so most of you don't have to worry about me stealing your market. you could message them to me as well.

Jinko

i'm not involved in any end game activity so i don't have the slightest idea what the market is for people who buy spiritbonded gear. most melds that i've made have all just sat in AH.

You convert spirit bonded items to materia and sell the materia, its only profitable for Tier 3 and 4 materia though.

Darte

You said had. I'm assuming it sold? For my education, how rare is a quad meld? I saw some specifics in the google doc linked earlier, but I'm nowhere near that aspect of the game yet.

Depends on what tier materia he used.

Take this for an example:

Meld 1 Tier 4 Materia = 100% success
Meld 2 Tier 4 Materia = 17-22% success
Meld 3 Tier 4 Materia = 8-12% success (estimated)
Meld 4 Tier 4 Materia = 3-5% success (estimated)
Meld 5 Tier 5 Materia = 1-2.5 % success (estimated)

If he combined different tiers, % would be higher, but not by much at the 4 meld point. Going for the 5 meld achieve, I tried Tier 1 melds on level 41+ equipment and most i've gotten is a triple meld with 25%ish success

Coldsnap

If he combined different tiers, % would be higher, but not by much at the 4 meld point. Going for the 5 meld achieve, I tried Tier 1 melds on level 41+ equipment and most i've gotten is a triple meld with 25%ish success

Yea, It's 3 III and a 4th IV. So so rare, do want

Sallokin

Gotcha, thanks for the breakdown.

Is this game ever come out on PS3? Heard good things bout the game since the latest update, should be ready now.

I don't think it's supposed to hit until ver 2.0 launches. I wonder if we'll hear more at Gamescom.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a fixed date for update 1.23 yet? Still haven't gotten the gobbue mount yet.

Jijidasu

August, it's been confirmed. Info blowout and a trailer, probably more. My guess would be Gamescon.

A rep has also confirmed that up until then they will continue to update the teaser site with images and videos. However, it's not proving likely given that 1.23 will be likely drop next week and Gamescom is less than a month away.

In the end I've played 2 times after paying for 3 months... Oh well.

Same here.

Without any friends playing or a good linkshell, I feel like it still has too many shortcomings to be any fun for me, especially with 2.0 on the horizon. With a lot of other things demanding my time and interest, I'll just wait it out as I would much rather tackle content in 2.0. It was still worth it for the Legacy status if 2.0 turns out to be as good as promised.

Allard

A rep has also confirmed that up until then they will continue to update the teaser site with images and videos. However, it's not proving likely given that 1.23 will be likely drop next week and Gamescom is less than a month away.

I think they will have a small update every week but it will almost be entirely media related stuff like concept art. The current structure of the 2.0 teaser page doesn't even have any info about the game, much less new stuff for 2.0 yet it replaced the old site that actually had updated info right into 1.22 where it talked about the lore of the game and its systems. I was surprised several weeks ago to see a jobs page, airship, and primals section on top of the raids in that old site.

Edit: On top of this since 1.23 and the lettered updates after that is the fabled "World Destruction" patch, they have been extremely silent about the contents so not to spoil it which makes the lack of the 2.0 updates more obvious then ever. My guess is once 1.23 drops 2.0 teases will start flowing out at a much faster rate culminating to whatever they intend to release in mid/late August. Maybe a new producer letter might usher in an update on the 2.0 teaser page this week or the next.

Zozobra

I see Amazon has the digital download of this game on sale for $10, does it go on sale like this often? I'm debating buying a key and hanging on to it until 2.0 rolls around.

Mature

The summer event will launch the beginning of August and feature Yukatas.
For all you Eorzeans who are looking forward to having fun in the sun, our summer event is scheduled to kick off during the beginning of August, where everyone will be able to obtain stylish yukatas!

Unfortunately we will not be distributing the swimwear from last year’s summer event, but if you missed out on the previous event, our threads this year are second to none!

We had really wanted to provide the wallpapers that were so popular last year as well, but the development team is crunching really hard on version 2.0 preparations and had to put it off. Next year we are planning to do what we did for our previous event, so please look forward to this upcoming one as well as the future!

I am now level 22 and it takes long to farm XP. I got the pdf that was posted not too long ago; in it, it said that between levels 20-30, one should kill Cactuars to level up in the fastest way. That's what I'm doing, but I get about 200 XP per kill and I need well over 20 000 to get to the next level. On top of that, it'll only get longer as I level up, as kills will net me less and less XP while the XP requirement to level up will get bigger and bigger.

Is there some trick that I'm missing, or is it supposed to be this long? I've played for a while, and I get the distinct feeling that the entire game is designed to lengthen everything the player does just to secure more monthly payments from him. It's not a good feeling.

I am soloing btw. Maybe I should level in groups, but I don't really know how to tackle this issue. This is my first MMO, after all.

creid

I think that document is saying that you'd want to fight cactuars in groups. Solo, I think you want to stick with guildleves as you can keep upping the level as you progress. Every time you finish one there's a few thousand XP as a bonus.

Allard

I am now level 22 and it takes long to farm XP. I got the pdf that was posted not too long ago; in it, it said that between levels 20-30, one should kill Cactuars to level up in the fastest way. That's what I'm doing, but I get about 200 XP per kill and I need well over 20 000 to get to the next level. On top of that, it'll only get longer as I level up, as kills will net me less and less XP while the XP requirement to level up will get bigger and bigger.

Is there some trick that I'm missing, or is it supposed to be this long? I've played for a while, and I get the distinct feeling that the entire game is designed to lengthen everything the player does just to secure more monthly payments from him. It's not a good feeling.

I am soloing btw. Maybe I should level in groups, but I don't really know how to tackle this issue. This is my first MMO, after all.

Use mostly Guild Leves/Behest or EXP parties at lvl 20+. You get an EXP bonus per kill during mob kills in leves and another bonus at the end which can net you 1-3k EXP depending on your level. Furthermore there are EXP 'thresholds' that you pass as you level up which increases the amount of EXP you receive per kill. First one is lvl 31 and the second one is lvl 41. At lvl 41 its not unheard of to get 700+ EXP a kill during a solo leve due to the increased EXP, at your current level you would be lucky to get 350+ EXP a kill even during a leve. In EXP parties though you can kill mobs faster, get chains, and get more EXP per kill because you are attacking mobs much higher then you can solo. In honesty I hate the lvl 20 range for combat classes, once I get high enough to do company leves though (usually lvl 28) it becomes a bit easier as you get the leves at the spot you trigger them so no need to run into town, and the slaughter leves have you killing as many mobs as possible in a 15 minute time frame (protection ones are boring though... but they do give a bigger EXP bonus at the end then the slaughter version) so the EXP just flows out and you maximize your EXP potential per leve allowance, but it may not be the 'fastest' exp from leves, those go to the leves that you can finish quickly to rack up the bonus EXP fast.

Buttons

Unfinished Thyrus is finally mine. now I have to spiritbond it, then do the Faction Leves, Extreme Ifrit and Garuda. @.@"

thyrusx7zvb.jpg

finally bought the game. had to import it because no one in my local game store stock it anymore (well there's 1, but they still sell it at roughly $70)

updating the game right now, anything I need to know before I play the game later today? can you choose server or is it randomly selected? any recommended server? which race have starting area closely resembled windurst in FF XI? I want something green, relaxing and soothe my mind when I go there :)

Is there still room in the guild? Returning after five weeks of PC down time and my old one is dead. Should have just joined gaf from the get go.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
finally bought the game. had to import it because no one in my local game store stock it anymore (well there's 1, but they still sell it at roughly $70)

updating the game right now, anything I need to know before I play the game later today? can you choose server or is it randomly selected? any recommended server? which race have starting area closely resembled windurst in FF XI? I want something green, relaxing and soothe my mind when I go there :)

Follow this guide, GAF guild is on Sargantas

Trying to purchase crysta using paypal has been a complete failure and I have had issues with both UP and C&B. Pretty annoyed at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom