• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

Yeah, I'm kind of confused by all of this.

Crafting AF for crafting classes is one thing, but having to earn Gathering AF from Hamlet with an insanely low drop rate is entirely something else.

And we'll see what the stats are like on these new pieces... while I expect them to be nice, I would be surprised if they were really "AF-like" with enhancing traits on them, etc. Not to mention that crafting and gathering are both getting major overhauls that would likely make anything they put on these immediately irrelevant in 2.0.

My thought is that these are almost... preview items? Not really AF, but more like CSE hype items - they use the same models the AF will, but are slightly different in color or texture.

The gathering hats are by far the best equip for the class in the game due to unique stat offering. High Perception, primary stat, and + HQ chance percent up. The crafting hats could have high control (like most crafting hats have), +stats in the primary attributes and then HQ chance up, or "Enhance Quality" where actions either give more quality or it lowers the percent threshold to HQ so its easier to HQ on normal quality items. They can leave the more 'interesting' enhancement types for 2.0 after crafting flow gets an overhaul. As for colors, the gear is literally the exact same color and general look as the Concept art, these are the AF/CSE gear they alluded to. They could have retextured upgrades down the road, but not all JSE/AF needs to have 'enhancements' on it. In fact on the job artifact gear only 3 pieces out of 5 have unique enhancements to existing abilities.

Mature

Looks like the skybox isn't going to be a huge red circle or anything:
x3dwx.jpg

Looks pretty massive though...

Allard

upload it somewhere >_>

I'm at work though ; ;, too much work to do on my end for that! (It went slow for me at first but got faster toward the end, was looking at 47 minutes left to do and 5 minutes later it was done, just keep sticking with it, more people will be seeding soon enough :) )

Edit: uh... is that what I think I am seeing on the live data mining? It looks a FFXI Maw (Atomos)

Edit 2: New geometry in the .dats, saw a rock with magma or really orange crystal spewing from it on the Daeva of War live stream. Also new Garlean Totem ship in black.

Allard

Here is some of the new items added. Not much stats is known on most other then the new weapons, and only the damage type and DPS (Attack and Accuracy as well) is known on them.

http://www.ffxivinfo.com/items/patch1.23.php

Definitely appears to be some new live event items in their. Deaspected clusters, over-aspected crystals and clusters etc. Also new lvl 1 rings named after the twelve gods.

Mature

What Nakazato said might be easier, but I managed to get mine going (albeit at a mild pace) by just restarting the downloader a couple times.

Mature

Haven't beaten, but absolutely love the final battle and the tone of the story.

Had to get a picture with those ominous empire battle cruisers.
5mg8t.jpg

Bonus picture, Kyudo pulling his weight in skirmish:
wyF1Y.jpg

Allard

Also if it's only cg... just AWESOME.

800px-Logo_02.png

Can't wait to see the full completed FMV with proper music, looks awesome, got to say not feeling the voice over though, same person they used for the FFXI expansion announcement XD.

As for the contents of the trailer itself, looks like we are going into stasis while the rest of the world changes around us and we will awaken at some point in the future. Makes the most sense I guess, would be more strange to just see the world nearly destroyed and then see villages sprout up out of no where. Also it gives FFXIV staff a chance to make the first scene memorable for returning players. Where the opening scene for new players is likely the tutorial they are making, they could easily make a special one where we get a scene of our character coming out of stasis and become confused at the world around him/her. You can also explain how you came out stasis a complete different species or gender by saying "A wizard did it!" :D.

Anyways I also like the new logo. Time to go see what new was added to the 2.0 webpage as I am seeing a lot of rehashed screenshots mixed with new concept art. (never seen the Garlean Emperor one before).

Coldsnap

and fukkkk that picture of Vice fighting on the beach, that looks awesome! Too bad I'm gonna be stuck in hamlet helping out friends all night tonight.

In the other announcement thread Allard mentioned a new vessel/satellite fight. What are the requirements for that? If I haven't finished the Grand Company quests, but have finished the main story line quests, will I be able to do it?

Jinko

Fuuuuck I got goosebumps. So stoked. Pre 2.0 we are the victors, were the ones who stuck around and stood up to Darnus. We will be legends to the new players when 2.0 ships.

LOL right !

They should probably get that trailer in cinema's, its better than i thought it would be.

Allard

In the other announcement thread Allard mentioned a new vessel/satellite fight. What are the requirements for that? If I haven't finished the Grand Company quests, but have finished the main story line quests, will I be able to do it?

Requirements are completing "United We Stand", you don't need to be the highest GC rank, just the highest rank to get that particular quest. Got to the fight as a Chief Sergeant. In other words no, you need to have finished the current GC quests, they are (for the moment) the new main line quests anyways. They can all be completed solo up to the Machina fight then you need to start getting help from others. For instance you also need to beat ifrit lvl 30 and Garuda lvl 40 quests too before you can start "Don't shoot the messenger" and followed by "United we stand" which needs minimum 6, preferably 8 people to finish. I said vessel as not bring out spoilers, but the fight is against Nael Darnus the White Raven of the Garlean Empire. Fight takes place on a really neat platform in the sky with Dalamud in the distance watching the fight.

Sallokin

That got me appropriately hyped. I'm working my butt off to have at least one well geared lvl 50 character by the time 2.0 ships. Currently a 39 DRG. I'm hoping to hit 50 in the next two weeks so I can focus on getting a high level crafting class and gathering class.

Coldsnap

I'm really excited for PvP stuff. There's enough people on the server that I want to go toe to toe with that will keep me PvPing for a long time... who knows maybe enough to quit PVE. I will be like one of those weird full time Ballista players in XI.

Couple questions, How active is the Gaf shell and does this game have character transfers yet?

Played a bit when the game came out but it was simply to far away from being properly polished that I put it away until it was fixed and I'm now looking into seeing how much has changed but I doubt I will make it very far without a community to interact with.

kiryogi

Banned
Couple questions, How active is the Gaf shell and does this game have character transfers yet?

Played a bit when the game came out but it was simply to far away from being properly polished that I put it away until it was fixed and I'm now looking into seeing how much has changed but I doubt I will make it very far without a community to interact with.

Decently active. . . not as end game active as I'd like us to be. But there are still folks developing to that potential. (So more newbies if anything)

Decently active. . . not as end game active as I'd like us to be. But there are still folks developing to that potential. (So more newbies if anything)

At this point I meant more as in just people to talk to about whatever I'm doing at a given time or ask questions. I have no doubt should I reach max level that I will be ready for endgame its the stuff up to that point I tend to dread the most.

kiryogi

Banned
At this point I meant more as in just people to talk to about whatever I'm doing at a given time or ask questions. I have no doubt should I reach max level that I will be ready for endgame its the stuff up to that point I tend to dread the most.

Good for NA, not so hot for Euro currently. . . But the Euro players would love more folks to join! :D

and no to character transfers.

Teknoman

Damn it, screw all this extra stuff lately. I'm going to force myself to make time to get back with dot tonight.

threats-key-enemies-1.png

Better be called Garland. Looks creepy though.

Sallokin

Red Dot Zero on Sargatanas is pretty active and extremely helpful. I came back to the game after a long hiatus too. There's usually between 10 and 20 people on depending on when you log in. I'm not sure about transfers though. I don't think that's something you can do yet.

Red Dot Zero on Sargatanas is pretty active and extremely helpful. I came back to the game after a long hiatus too. There's usually between 10 and 20 people on depending on when you log in. I'm not sure about transfers though. I don't think that's something you can do yet.

I see, I will likely just pay for a second character slot and check that out then.

Teknoman

So that is how they explain why our characters survive among others...I guess the echo kicks into overdrive to protect everyone for an undisclosed amount of time, then drops us back off in the world of ruin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom