• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

You know with us going into temporal stasis till we awaken at the right time, won't that mean most of the big players in the current game will be gone or extremely old in 2.0? Wonder if the leaders of our company will still be in 2.0 or not.

Teknoman

Also cant express how glad I am that they took that one faction leve theme and actually implemented it into a boss battle.

You know with us going into temporal stasis till we awaken at the right time, won't that mean most of the big players in the current game will be gone or extremely old in 2.0? Wonder if the leaders of our company will still be in 2.0 or not.

Maybe they've got the echo too, yet it hasnt awakened?

Requirements are completing "United We Stand", you don't need to be the highest GC rank, just the highest rank to get that particular quest. Got to the fight as a Chief Sergeant. In other words no, you need to have finished the current GC quests, they are (for the moment) the new main line quests anyways. They can all be completed solo up to the Machina fight then you need to start getting help from others. For instance you also need to beat ifrit lvl 30 and Garuda lvl 40 quests too before you can start "Don't shoot the messenger" and followed by "United we stand" which needs minimum 6, preferably 8 people to finish. I said vessel as not bring out spoilers, but the fight is against Nael Darnus the White Raven of the Garlean Empire. Fight takes place on a really neat platform in the sky with Dalamud in the distance watching the fight.

Thanks, I've done Ifrit lvl 30 so it looks like I need to continue with Garuda. Hopefully I can get to it before I get too much farther behind!

Sallokin

Yeah I'm curious to see who will be saved and who won't. I wouldn't shed any tears if we lost the current version of Cid and maybe had to deal with a different one who just so happened to be better designed :p

Mature

R76x9.png

HEeii.jpg

Perfect.

And man, this trailer is giving me a lot of respect for old Louisoix.

Munba

lol

Btw, in this moment ChinaJoy 2012 is taking place (with yoshida), so maybe some gameplay stuff could surface this weekend.

Darte

So I finished the final fight just as the sun was rising up here.

WoW. What an incredibly fun fight. The atmosphere, the stage, the mechanics, the boss, everything just oozed quality! Fight isn't too bad but I can definitely see some pugs crying about it because of a lack of skill.

I love the way how (without spoiling anything) the final bit of the boss became almost became a defense game. It really threw me off my guard when I went from Offense Offense Offense to OH SHIT DEFENSE!

Loved the after fight cutscene. So FFXI-esque ending. Can't say much w/o spoiling it for you all so I won't.

It was too bad I had to skip cutscenes for the fight though, my pick up group ended up fighting the entire battle for about 25 minutes, and there are at least 3-7 minutes of c/s for the whole fight. Saw them after the fight, and they were awesome!

Overall I'm very impressed with the final fight, I can't wait to see hardmode :3

Allard

lol

Btw, in this moment ChinaJoy 2012 is taking place (with yoshida), so maybe some gameplay stuff could surface this weekend.

Do we know if there is any press at the event? With it being in China I figured it might be a 'bit' hard to see if there is anything new worth talking unless they feel like updating for us themselves.

Munba

Do we know if there is any press at the event? With it being in China I figured it might be a 'bit' hard to see if there is anything new worth talking unless they feel like updating for us themselves.

Dunno but yes, also i think it's pretty difficult to have news when happening. Unless there are some ff14 site owners there.

ZiZ

So that is how they explain why our characters survive among others...I guess the echo kicks into overdrive to protect everyone for an undisclosed amount of time, then drops us back off in the world of ruin.

I think Louisoix pulls some magic out of his ass and time warps us.

Allard

I think Louisoix pulls some magic out of his ass and time warps us.

Spoilers for the newest battle
In the new quest against the White Raven, Cid talks about Louisoix having some kind of last resort ability that he hopes won't need to be used. My guess is some kind of Temporal Stasis where your party is shielded for a predetermined amount of time and that you could be sent into the future to survive because of some fate he thinks you might have for the future of the world.

Also for those complaining about the voice overs (me included) there are different narrators in the other languages. Sounds like the German actually knows what he is doing compared to the English one lol.

Lucis

So after reading the 2.0 thread I think I am goign to play again, the last time I played was 2 weeks after the game came out....

I read on that 2.0 thread that you guys are on Sargatanas, however the OP says you are still on another server.

Where should I start? I think I might reinstall this weekend.

Sgblues

So after reading the 2.0 thread I think I am goign to play again, the last time I played was 2 weeks after the game came out....

I read on that 2.0 thread that you guys are on Sargatanas, however the OP says you are still on another server.

Where should I start? I think I might reinstall this weekend.

Yeah the gaf ls is on Sargatanas

Lucis

I always like playing Mage, but the black mage equivalent wasn't so good from when I tried...
Are there any significant class change?
any really good info website that sumarrize what the game is like now?

Allard

I always like playing Mage, but the black mage equivalent wasn't so good from when I tried...
Are there any significant class change?
any really good info website that sumarrize what the game is like now?

THM is awesome now, its usually the one I recommend to people if they are just starting out. Lvl 18+ you tear through single mobs like butter, and group mobs can be just as easily dispatched with AOE, especially as you get more skills leveling up. They had a huge ability overhaul in 1.19 and 1.20 and gave each class a very specific identity in preparation for jobs which got added in 1.21. THM - > Black Mage (Range Nuker and Crowd Control, one of the more powerful classes in the game and very useful in most events outside of Hamlet), Conjurer - > White Mage (The Main and in most cases only healing class in the game, a couple other classes can assist but nothing much more then that),

The other classes got more predefined damage or tanking niches. Pugilist/Monk, master of the single target close range damage and has limited survivability too, Lancer/Dragoon Melee glass canon that has lots of hate shredding abilities and master of TP generation, has access to good single target and AOE moves. Archer/Bard, A good range damage dealer with some decent AOE abilities, also makes a helpful support job with AOE buffs and access to raise/cure sub abilities from Conjuror. Gladiator/PLD Tank and Support class, great single target tanker and potential in some niche cases to be a support healer, decent AOE tanking skills as well. Marauder/Warrior Great AOE tank and semi decent damage dealer (if they don't need to tank), great survivability and has highest HP of all jobs. That's the general gist of it.

Lucis

Sounds good I'll try THM first, is there sub class now the way you wrote it? (like in 11)?

Also job change is also like 11 right? so multiple jobs?

what about current end game?

Riposte

I love the new storyline fight. This is why I played FFXI and it will be why I play FFXIV. Haven't cleared it yet though.

I like using jump to dodge second of the back to back knockback AoEs, but the game isn't very smooth and I feel like I miss it for reasons outside my ability.

I have no idea what's going on with Red Dot right now. Apparently I'm not in the main shell? Red Dot Zero feels kind of dead.

I love the new storyline fight. This is why I played FFXI and it will be why I play FFXIV. Haven't cleared it yet though.

I like using jump to dodge second of the back to back knockback AoEs, but the game isn't very smooth and I feel like I miss it for reasons outside my ability.

I have no idea what's going on with Red Dot right now. Apparently I'm not in the main shell? Red Dot Zero feels kind of dead.

I want to hop on to finish leveling some other classes but trying to buy crysta has been an annoyance recently. I am trying to find out why my attempts continue to be rejected.

sky

Oh myyyyy *takei.jpg* ...
Cool trailer, minus the audio. I like how they're framing the world changing event, pretty cool.

I will definitely be back for 2.0!

Sallokin

Finally dinged 40 DRG tonight. I'm getting anxious to hit 50 so I can cram as much endgame content down my throat before it all disappears. I keep hearing a lot of great things about the final quest lines.

If I'm mostly a solo player, what's the best way to do 40-50? Should I just stick with leves?

Did something changed with the BLM final AF "Always Bet On Black" fight? The lanterns were supposed to respawn every 45 sec. But when we were fighting, the respawn rate was not at all consistent and that they sometimes respawn almost right away.

edit: wrong quest name =x

Allard

Under About>Locations>Ul'Dah. Munba posted it earlier:

I mentioned it on the official forums but its probably a Sil'Dih ruins unearthed by the 7th umbral era. The city is supposed to be fairly close to Ul'dah near the Nanawa Mines and in those new concept shots we see an aetheryte camp from Thanalan so its almost certainly not all (in this case I don't think any of them) are from Ul'Dah itself. Sil'Dih is a sister city that was lost centuries ago and its in several NPC dialogue and is a prominent part of the Mining quest storyline.

Mature

I mentioned it on the official forums but its probably a Sil'Dih ruins unearthed by the 7th umbral era. The city is supposed to be fairly close to Ul'dah near the Nanawa Mines and in those new concept shots we see an aetheryte camp from Thanalan so its almost certainly not all (in this case I don't think any of them) are from Ul'Dah itself. Sil'Dih is a sister city that was lost centuries ago and its in several NPC dialogue and is a prominent part of the Mining quest storyline.
Interesting. Odd that they wouldn't have any pictures of Ul'Dah in the Ul'Dah section though, huh? I suppose the other city-states have current pictures and maybe they wouldn't show their city either if there was concept art for the respective region.

Jijidasu

Maybe so, though, looking at the trailer I'd be seriously disappointed if Ul'dah was unscathed from that giant fire ball that plunged into it.

74n6F23DoiT1Yivu5oQ.jpg

Teknoman

So I finished the final fight just as the sun was rising up here.

WoW. What an incredibly fun fight. The atmosphere, the stage, the mechanics, the boss, everything just oozed quality! Fight isn't too bad but I can definitely see some pugs crying about it because of a lack of skill.

I love the way how (without spoiling anything) the final bit of the boss became almost became a defense game. It really threw me off my guard when I went from Offense Offense Offense to OH SHIT DEFENSE!

Loved the after fight cutscene. So FFXI-esque ending. Can't say much w/o spoiling it for you all so I won't.

It was too bad I had to skip cutscenes for the fight though, my pick up group ended up fighting the entire battle for about 25 minutes, and there are at least 3-7 minutes of c/s for the whole fight. Saw them after the fight, and they were awesome!

Overall I'm very impressed with the final fight, I can't wait to see hardmode :3

At the risk of sounding selfish, I hope 2.0 forces the whole party to watch cutscenes if one person hasnt seen them before. Nothing worse than being rushed through a scene, especially when it's a game this story oriented.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
At the risk of sounding selfish, I hope 2.0 forces the whole party to watch cutscenes if one person hasnt seen them before. Nothing worse than being rushed through a scene, especially when it's a game this story oriented.

It really does suck, thankfully you can always rewatch them at your inn room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom