• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucis

man no where to download the updated client??!
arg.....
i reactivated my account... but i need to go through the install and patch i guess =/ will there be any one able to get into the LS (or is it guild?) once i make my character?

ok FML
i remember the CRC error on the disk when i was trying to install for the first time, i remember i just ripped an iso with sector read retry to install. how this crap wont even rip to iso successfully now...
time to freaking torrent the client

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Havent been on recently cause of stuff... but I should start playing again soon. haha Didnt even feel like playing those last few days I was on but I didnt want to miss the goobbue mount x.x/

kiryogi

Banned
1.0 complete! Finished the final fight. . . I can only say that folks really are missing out not experiencing this now. . . But really,

THIS IS FINAL FANTASY.

Ravidrath

1.0 complete! Finished the final fight. . . I can only say that folks really are missing out not experiencing this now. . . But really,

THIS IS FINAL FANTASY.

Congrats!

Of course, I think there are going to be more cutscenes and things leading up to 2.0.

And I guess a Hard Mode version of the Nael van Darnus fight that gives us awesome awesomes?

Earring better not be a drop, though... I want that to be like 1.0's Raja/Tamas/Sattva Ring.

Congrats!

Of course, I think there are going to be more cutscenes and things leading up to 2.0.

And I guess a Hard Mode version of the Nael van Darnus fight that gives us awesome awesomes?

Earring better not be a drop, though... I want that to be like 1.0's Raja/Tamas/Sattva Ring.

What does this earring do?

kiryogi

Banned
I got the coliseum subligar last night.Looks like something a hooker would wear.I gave it to someone else in the party though wasn't for me.Not a bad faction leve had to be fast though killing two coin counters in 10 min was tough.

Even on a lala?!

R76x9.png

HEeii.jpg

Perfect.

And man, this trailer is giving me a lot of respect for old Louisoix.

nice catch :p

Allard

Looks like anything that deals with specific mob battles and specific aether camps is getting the axe, but general stuff like "1k regional leves, 1k local leves" etc. are sticking around. I'm curious why they mentioned the seasonal stuff since technically if they aren't coming back in 2.0, then the ship has already sailed for them anyways.

Anyways what you can get from the achievements going away. 1) They want a clean slate to work with designed aether camps and nodes in 2.0 2) in regards to such a change, they want the ability to change the level range of certain camps areas since each camp is a specific level range. Also outside of the dungeon speed runs and Garuda, almost all of those can be easily done with patience and time. You can easily finish the regional leve camp achievements with dedication and patience even if you start right now. At 99 leves you can finish about a 1/4th of those regional leve ones, and that's assuming you haven't finished some already. Behest one is just going to take a lot of time and might be the hardest one to start now from scratch.

Also a rep on the JP side mentioned that all items now shown as +2 and +3 are going to be converted to +1 in 2.0. That alone should save people some inventory space plus it makes room on their servers by keeping unique item instances down on a character.

Allard

I don't play MMOs for plot. XD

But I do plan to eventually do it...it's 6k seals after all.

I'm 6k seals away from getting Second Leutenant. Getting my final upgrade, turning in my 25k GC seal piece and then spending all my seals on crafting manuals till I get 6/8 of my crafts to lvl 50 :D.

They don't mention the current main story quests being gone. Does this mean the people in the other thread were wrong in telling me I won't be able to do them in 2.0?

I don't know where people got that the original missions will be gone in 2.0. Yoshida has mentioned 'fine tuning' the original missions to be easier to understand, an experience more in line with the 2.0 direction (probably more battles) and addition of new characters and primals. In otherwords the basic premise of the old mission might still be in 2.0 but it will be evolved to fit the new setting. My guess is they will either find some way for us to retake the missions if we have already done them, or he expects us to watch the cut scenes in 2.0 using the CS viewer to showcase how the story works in the current setting. To bolster this claim he mentioned 'returning' to the main missions once 2.0 happened and that for now the main mission would be the GC 7th Umbral Era stories and only those would be gone from the game in 2.0 (And all the NPC's that talk specifically about the umbral era that were introduced in March/April of last year).

In other words the missions could be 'gone' in their current form in 2.0, but the actual story will start again in 2.0 with the new environment, how they plan to pull that off is anyone's guess at this point.

Ravidrath

They don't mention the current main story quests being gone. Does this mean the people in the other thread were wrong in telling me I won't be able to do them in 2.0?

They only listed achievements, so I don't think that's a definitive list?

As I understand it, though, the main scenario quests will still continue to exist, but the current Grand Company quests will no longer be available.

This makes sense because, well, the Grand Company quests are about life before the 7th Umbral Era, and 2.0 takes place several years in the future, during the 7th Umbral Era.

Mature

This makes sense because, well, the Grand Company quests are about life before the 7th Umbral Era, and 2.0 takes place several years in the future, during the 7th Umbral Era.
Has this been confirmed somewhere? The time lapse, sure, but I didn't know we had any measurement of time yet.

I don't play MMOs for plot. XD

But I do plan to eventually do it...it's 6k seals after all.
Neither do I which is why I'm so content with how good it's been.

Zomba13

Hey everyone. What is the current GAF LS? I'm gonna try to play more so I can finish the 1.0 story before 2.0 gets here.

Riposte

What they didn't clarify is the deal with titles. Will these titles be discontinued with the achievements? I care more about those than the actual points.

In any case... I'm almost done with the 20 guildleves at every camp achievement. However I have a lot to do within the Battle category (NMs and most difficult of all: Garuda). The next hardest thing to do is the achievements tied to dungeons (I need all of AV and CC). I won't bother with the behest ones aside from the one which says "Do behest at every camp once".

I want to go in hard on doing these... who's with me?

Ravidrath

Has this been confirmed somewhere? The time lapse, sure, but I didn't know we had any measurement of time yet.

I mean, between the "sent them beyond the reach of time" in the trailer and the fact that, like... everything is new and rebuilt makes me think it's at least been a couple of years.

They didn't build a Magitek railroad to connect the smouldering ruins of the cities, most likely - they probably rebuilt those and then worried about mass transit.

Riposte

Unknown Soldier really likes his fan fiction, has to post it in every thread. Hopefully not this annoying in-game or else that's one downgrade 2.0 is going to have.

I mean, between the "sent them beyond the reach of time" in the trailer and the fact that, like... everything is new and rebuilt makes me think it's at least been a couple of years.

They didn't build a Magitek railroad to connect the smouldering ruins of the cities, most likely - they probably rebuilt those and then worried about mass transit.

I'm hoping for no more than 10 years. Anything more would bum me out.

Also those ruins look like ancient ruins, not a blown up city. Ul'dah didn't hang on a naturally formed cliff.

If they are keeping them main story and possibly the class quests, that makes me curious if they will continue those storylines. Like the Archer one feels like it could go on for awhile more.

Ravidrath

Unknown Soldier really likes his fan fiction, has to post it in every thread. Hopefully not this annoying in-game or else that's one downgrade 2.0 is going to have.

I'm hoping for no more than 10 years. Anything more would bum me out.

Also those ruins look like ancient ruins, not a blown up city. Ul'dah didn't hang on a naturally formed cliff.

If they are keeping them main story and possibly the class quests, that makes me curious if they will continue those storylines. Like the Archer one feels like it could go on for awhile more.

Yeah, I think it's probably, like... 5-10 years at most?

And those ruins are from Sil'dih, not Ul'dah.

Allard

Interesting post by an english community rep, looks like stats are getting tweaked in 2.0.

Snurble here in your thread~!

I wanted to give you some details on what's being planned for stats in A Realm Reborn.

In regards to battle-related stats, it is currently possible to receive large boosts from stats on equipment, while character stats do not have as much of an effect. For example, equipping items with multiple materia melded to it will allow players to become quite powerful. In A Realm Reborn, we are planning to make adjustments so that the ratio of influence from character stats and from gear stats is 1:1. With this, having 5 materia melded onto a single item won’t elicit as large of a difference like it does currently.

Similarly in the current version, even when players add large amounts of INT and STR via equipment with multiple materia and such, it may feel like damage is not increasing and this is due to a damage range that has been set. Fundamentally, battle related stats fluctuate based on the level difference between enemies, and this is also why we are not planning to display evasion rates and other things.

For crafting, the stats in A Realm Reborn will have a greater influence than now, and for gathering, the requirements to obtain HQ items will be visible!

Also they posted stuff on Linkshell functionality, one of which I have been begging to get implemented since its used in FFXI.

Hi Nabiri,

I have an update on your request from the development team to share with you! Currently, the team isn't focusing on expanding Linkshell functionality too much, but once A Realm Reborn launches, they are looking to introduce some form of log in message for Free Companies.

As for in-game calendars, the team said that they will be looking into this post-launch as well.

Mature

Not sure how I should be taking the stat change. Hopefully it's for the best.

As for the free company log-in message, I hope that the fact they're emphatically stating that as a "feature" doesn't mean that they'll be light on functionality. Free Company's should meet with the industry standard of what to expect from a guild in an MMO, I think.

I'm tired of your existence, so I'm just going to add you to my Ignore List.

And I'm not planning on being anywhere near GAF LS when 2.0 launches, so you and Shiori can be happy and left alone with your miserable lives.

Riposte

I'm tired of your existence, so I'm just going to add you to my Ignore List.

And I'm not planning on being anywhere near GAF LS when 2.0 launches, so you and Shiori can be happy and left alone with your miserable lives.

How can we be left alone together (with everyone else in the GAF LS)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom