• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yeah, I'm on Sargatanas. I'd be up for this, assuming our time zones line up correctly (US Central time for me). I'll be on tonight probably as well as this weekend.

I'm east coast, so it's not too far off, just 2 hours. what's your in game name? I'll add you to friends, if you're on i'll bug you to group up.

Allard

http://i.imgur.com/eiUoK.jpg

bots? a guy named hahaha hohoho leveled these for 3 days straight ive seen him at the same place, they are always there. lvl 50 with lvl 1 equips lol.

The headsmash to the keyboard names didn't give you a clue? :p (They are RMT, and they always seem to hang out at Cedarwood and Limsa related guild leves, we get the same groups on Aegis, in fact I just had to level there recently on my CON and I felt dirty just doing it because I felt like I joined their pack momentarily XD.)

http://i.imgur.com/eiUoK.jpg

bots? a guy named hahaha hohoho leveled these for 3 days straight ive seen him at the same place, they are always there. lvl 50 with lvl 1 equips lol.

I had to really look that wasn't me because I took an identical picture of that many bots a while back in that location. But then I remembered I don't use the in-game screenshot feature so the menus are not hidden and I don't have red tattoo. :p

Chemo

After a lot of interest, I just purchased this game a moment ago and am in the process of downloading it right now. Any advice for a new person who really hasn't paid attention to the game outside of knowing that it has been going through a transformation and that it will be changing a great deal with 2.0?

Also, is there any particular server that most of GAF plays on? Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated... thanks, in advance!

Coldsnap

After a lot of interest, I just purchased this game a moment ago and am in the process of downloading it right now. Any advice for a new person who really hasn't paid attention to the game outside of knowing that it has been going through a transformation and that it will be changing a great deal with 2.0?

Also, is there any particular server that most of GAF plays on? Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated... thanks, in advance!

We are all on Sargatanas (at least the ones that matter :p).

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Is there anyway to get the client for the game without the CD? My friend was asking because he wants to reinstall it but he thinks he lost the disc.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Wb renta! It was time.. :p
Hehe, I dunno if I'm "back", though... :)
who's Moobabe?
Moo Babes. lol
If Renta came back I would second guess my current "I'm quitting" stage.
lol I didn't know you started playing again.
Is there anyway to get the client for the game without the CD? My friend was asking because he wants to reinstall it but he thinks he lost the disc.
http://tehkrizz.net/FFXI/downloads.php

Darryl

Banned
I really want to try this game, but I also really don't want to pay for anything. Is there a free trial or anything?

No, there isn't yet. I'm sure there'll be one when 2.0 launches. Otherwise, the game is like $15 and includes a free month of play. There's buddy passes but those are rare as they were only included in collector's editions and are basically free copies of the game.

Darte

I really want to try this game, but I also really don't want to pay for anything. Is there a free trial or anything?

Best wait till 2.0 when there'll be a public free trial.

Or you could buy the game and it'll come with a standard 30 day free trial.

please SE.....dont fail us on that PS3 release. my PC cant handle this game, but it looks so good. i just wanna play and watch the day go by on the beach.

creid

I'm a level 31 THM and I finally got to select a Grand Company. I'd like to do Toto-rak, are any gaffers around the same level up for a group? I probably won't be back at my PC until about 10pm EST Sunday night.

Axl

I'm a level 31 THM and I finally got to select a Grand Company. I'd like to do Toto-rak, are any gaffers around the same level up for a group? I probably won't be back at my PC until about 10pm EST Sunday night.

35 archer here and I'd like to do Toto-rak. Ill likely be on at that time, Neban Seldarine.

Riposte

To be honest you all mesh in my head as one person. I really can't tell any of you apart. I just now noticed Jinko and Rentahamster were two different people and at least one of them wasn't playing.

gillty

Banned
Or so he thinks lol

Somewhat true now that I have quit :D

I think rain and rat are the only two originals left now.
Jinko's quit? its safe to login guys :D huehuehue
ffxivgame2010-10-08203zdiv.png

:(

Riposte

Fun fact: I was in the NeoGAF LS before I was a NeoGAF member. Had been waiting over a year to get my account activated.

creid

35 archer here and I'd like to do Toto-rak. Ill likely be on at that time, Neban Seldarine.
Great, I'll send you a tell when I get on! And reposting for the new page, JIC:

neoemonk

Thinking about getting back into this game. I have a few friends that are FF XI vets and they all play. Any resources for new players out there? Is there anything like Wowhead for this game?

Muddimar

Hello. Just bought FFXIV. Figured I'd give it a try because it was on sale (and the new update patch was released). In the process of installing/downloading it now. Any tips for a first timer? Server recommendations?

Sallokin

Download the little program called Shiftwindow. Then set the game to your max resolution windowed, then Shiftwindow can get rid of the windows border. Tada, pseudo-fullscreen and you can alt-tab. :)

Dude... I want to bear your children right now. I can finally rock multi-monitor without crashes.

creid

Seems tonight was a bust. Anyone ~level 25-35 want to run through Toto-rak some night this week? I'm generally available between 7-11:30pm EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom