• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLCKATK

Just beat To Kill a Raven. Wow, what an ending. That was really great and it only makes me more excited for the cool stuff in 2.0. It's really going to be a lot better with voice-acting.

Ravidrath

Just beat To Kill a Raven. Wow, what an ending. That was really great and it only makes me more excited for the cool stuff in 2.0. It's really going to be a lot better with voice-acting.

Given the coming of Darnus Hard Mode and the appearance of the Twelve's stones, I'm not sure it's really the ending-ending, either...!

Ravidrath

Hello. Just bought FFXIV. Figured I'd give it a try because it was on sale (and the new update patch was released). In the process of installing/downloading it now. Any tips for a first timer? Server recommendations?

If it's available, the vast majority of the NeoGAF crew is on Sargatanas.

Allard

Has that been promised for 2.0?

Yoshida said more voice acting then version 1 is coming and in all languages it provides localization for. But like version 1 it will only be used for specific instances where it would get the most use due to resource limitations (He says Voice work doubles the amount of work required for any specific content to get published so it would be used only for major set pieces). Guessing new Main line stories only. Would be nice if they added voice to some battles too like the new Ishgard stuff where NPC's make battle cries or something.

Allard

So when is 2.0 due to launch? I was under the impression it was already released lol.

2.0 "Alpha" isn't till September, the actual release is tentatively scheduled for early 2013 with a simultaneous release on both PC and PS3. We haven't even seen an in motion video yet of 2.0 much less had it released lol.

Muddimar

2.0 "Alpha" isn't till September, the actual release is tentatively scheduled for early 2013 with a simultaneous release on both PC and PS3. We haven't even seen an in motion video yet of 2.0 much less had it released lol.

Wow... I had no clue. Suddenly I feel short changed. Oh well. The game is fun so far, just seems very barren, I hardly see anyone running around in the starting zone.

ZetaEpyon

Wow... I had no clue. Suddenly I feel short changed. Oh well. The game is fun so far, just seems very barren, I hardly see anyone running around in the starting zone.

Where did you start, and what server? I've noticed a lot more people in Ul'dah than Gridania or Limsa, at least on Sargatanas (where the gaf ls is).

Ravidrath

I've seen 2.0 in motion, and it... looks like FFXIV in motion! Just with different textures and art, of course.

Allard

I've seen 2.0 in motion, and it... looks like FFXIV in motion! Just with different textures and art, of course.

I said motion video, you saw an off server demo =P (Damn you and press privileges at E3!)

1 more week to Gamescon ; ; hope we get some new info toward the end of the week, early next week for 2.0. Was pretty surprised at no updates this morning.

ZetaEpyon

Seems tonight was a bust. Anyone ~level 25-35 want to run through Toto-rak some night this week? I'm generally available between 7-11:30pm EST.

I'm interested in this too, and the time works well for me, too. However, I don't think I have access to it yet, since I'm newly 25+. Any idea how much legwork is involved in getting to the point where I could go?

creid

I'm interested in this too, and the time works well for me, too. However, I don't think I have access to it yet, since I'm newly 25+. Any idea how much legwork is involved in getting to the point where I could go?
You need to do a few of the initial Grand Company quests first, but I'm not sure how many. The quest you need to take up is Imperial Devices. If you've got a lot of Anima, it shouldn't be too hard to burn through the first few GC quests.

ZetaEpyon

You need to do a few of the initial Grand Company quests first, but I'm not sure how many. The quest you need to take up is Imperial Devices. If you've got a lot of Anima, it shouldn't be too hard to burn through the first few GC quests.

Cool, I'll do some reading and figure out what it'll take.
I'm sitting on like 80-90 anima right now, so I should hope that's enough...

creid

Cool, I'll do some reading and figure out what it'll take.
I'm sitting on like 80-90 anima right now, so I should hope that's enough...
I used up about 70 anima doing the first 3 or 4 quests of each company, but I forgot all about Return and probably could've cut that down by a lot. I'm not 100% on this, but I think you only have to do 1-2 quests for a single GC to be able to accept this quest.

Allard

I used up about 70 anima doing the first 3 or 4 quests of each company, but I forgot all about Return and probably could've cut that down by a lot. I'm not 100% on this, but I think you only have to do 1-2 quests for a single GC to be able to accept this quest.

Sounds about right, Toto-rak came out before people were forced enlist in a specific company. Think its the first 2 recruit quests and then imperial devices shows up. The full Grand Company enlist quest though... make sure you setup good home points and learn to love the airship, otherwise you are going to waste a ton of anima.

Mudo

I've decided to buy the game tonight as I really want that mount. Will I be able to get it in time if I'm starting brand new now?

Also, where is the cheapest/best place to buy the digital version so I can get that started?

Ravidrath

I've decided to buy the game tonight as I really want that mount. Will I be able to get it in time if I'm starting brand new now?

Also, where is the cheapest/best place to buy the digital version so I can get that started?

You have until 8/14 to hit level 20, which is when 1.23a hits and they remove the Goobbue mount.

It's certainly doable, but it'll be a bit of a grind.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yea, i started playing again and I'm 10x more awesome. Only one in RD that's worth a damn ;) lol
wtf. wat bout me.

;-;
Or so he thinks lol

Somewhat true now that I have quit :D

I think rain and rat are the only two originals left now.

There's a reason they let you lead.

huehuehue

You hurt my feelings Jinko. :(

lol

To be honest you all mesh in my head as one person. I really can't tell any of you apart. I just now noticed Jinko and Rentahamster were two different people and at least one of them wasn't playing.

wat.

I'm not British. But, I don't smell as nice as Jinks. Set your priorities as you will.

ZetaEpyon

Yeah, had to do 3, but 2 of those were literally just talking to the NPCs standing right there. So, I should be good to go for Toto-Rak.

Loona

Only the goobbue will be gone but the current missions and quests will still be around through september, right?

Also, is Toto-rak mandatory for GC story progression? I never see shouts for that - I'm also in Sargatanas as Loona Mash.

Coldsnap

Side question:

Are any of the other old school linkshells still around, or did they all quit too?

OMG, Star Onions, Kiroboshi, Fujiyama, Beacon (lolz jk)... OMG are having a really good run right now. I was having problems with this group I was running for relic, ended up replacing someone in OMG static and we have had an awesome few weeks. We are aiming to have our unfinished Relics tonight.

creid

Also, is Toto-rak mandatory for GC story progression? I never see shouts for that - I'm also in Sargatanas as Loona Mash.
No, I don't think it's mandatory. It is 1,000 free GC seals, though.

Yeah, had to do 3, but 2 of those were literally just talking to the NPCs standing right there. So, I should be good to go for Toto-Rak.
Cool, I'll keep an eye out for you. We did a run through last night and completed the quest, but the boss we fought was a little too much for us. I think we'd probably be able to do it with a party of 3.

Muddimar

Where did you start, and what server? I've noticed a lot more people in Ul'dah than Gridania or Limsa, at least on Sargatanas (where the gaf ls is).

I started in Limsa. I hit level 14 last night (lancer). I'm still so new to everything there is a lot I do not understand about the game. For example: The guy at work said all I have to do is change my weapon to change jobs (lol I had no clue, felt sooo stupid). So now my lancer has the pugilists self heal and the Conj protect spell. Unfortunately I'm unable to check what server I'm on (I'm at work atm). Is there a way to server transfer if I picked the non-gaf server? :/

Lhexh

Theorically yes lol. You could make 2 lv in 1 hour until lv20 and then 1 lv in 1 hour until 30. If you do scenario quest, it'll boost in exp (and money).

Yea for sure. If you can't play until the weekend make sure you're logged out in your town room to get rested exp and eat food while leveling (+3% exp).

Thanks! Time to find some crystal meth and junk food for the weekend. Just kidding about the junk food part.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Bravo for me. Didn't use my brain while adding crysta and added 980 instead of 999 (didn't include tax).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom