• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pietepiet

Like I said earlier in the Linkshell on Lindblum:

Post/PM character screenshots and I'll make a pixelart version of your character for avatar use. I won't make promises as to how long these will take, since I also still want to play the game and not just pixel all the time, but they shouldn't take long ;)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Pietepiet said:

Post/PM character screenshots and I'll make a pixelart version of your character for avatar use. I won't make promises as to how long these will take, since I also still want to play the game and not just pixel all the time, but they shouldn't take long ;)

Can you do the one I just posted? :D <3

kiryogi

Banned
Pietepiet said:

you have photos me already make me!

Londa said:
Because it saids on the paper and I quote:

"Your friend invites you to play FREE for 30 days!" <--- actual text and the work free is all in caps on the printed page. Why are you worried about something so trivial?

ooh lol I just read it again... trial. its cause those were typos. my bad

It wasn't just you either persecution complex, it was multiple people :p

Man this is killing it for me. Anyone know why the game might be causing my monitor to spontaneously lose the hdmi signal? It's really strange.

zlatko

Banned
So I think this got covered back in a page on beta, but where do we get those bugs to make the color dyes? It's from mining right? What level miner/where should I mine to get the bugs?

This is such a pain in the ass by the way. I want to make a level 13 harness through leather working, but 1 of the items can only be made through alchemy and the other only through armor smith.

I am starting to think SE seriously expects me to level all the classes to 50...

A friend of mine has the LE edition and says it came with an extra 30 day pass. He says I can borrow his disc, install the game, use the pass and play with him.
Will this work? I won't need the disc play?

I wanted the game but opted to buy Civ 5 instead, plus I'm tired of spending $50 on MMO's and they end up boring (Champions, Aion etc...)
If its this easy I wanna grab the disc/code asap rather then spending $50 in the hopes I like it.

hgplayer1

Pkm said:
A friend of mine has the LE edition and says it came with an extra 30 day pass. He says I can borrow his disc, install the game, use the pass and play with him.
Will this work? I won't need the disc play?

I wanted the game but opted to buy Civ 5 instead, plus I'm tired of spending $50 on MMO's and they end up boring (Champions, Aion etc...)
If its this easy I wanna grab the disc/code asap rather then spending $50 in the hopes I like it.

yes thats how it works.

if you dont already have a square enix account youll need one to play. your friend should be able to show you how to get one.

ZiZ

finally in.

unfortunately I'm a bit busy these days so I probably won't get a chance to play till the weekend.

Shouta

Unknown Soldier said:
Appearances are saved on your hard drive in the My Documents/My Games/Final Fantasy XIV Beta directory. You don't need to same account for your character's appearance.

The GAF server is only going to change by majority vote. It is not going to change because you arbitrarily want it to change because you're too impatient to wait a day or two for the server to unlock and unlag. If you go to another server, you are making that choice on your own. The official GAF server is Lindblum. It is not Rabanastre, it is not Figaro, and it is most certainly not Fabul. If you go there because you are going with friends, and there are other GAFfers on there, then great. That doesn't change the fact that the official GAF server is Lindblum. Those of us who participated in the voting process before the game launch are staying put where we are, regardless of the launch week challenges. As MMOG launches go, this one has been actually very smooth and honestly I don't understand why some people are complaining because they couldn't get on the very first day, you should have seen the server queues I was fighting through to try and log on to Aion the first day.

Did you not hear me earlier? Quit your goddamn bellyaching.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I don't suppose there are any GAFfers on Selbina? Locked-for-life servers nearly a decade after FFXI is just so not acceptable...

Cmagus

pretty good so far although my biggest complaint is the serious lack of any enemies ive spent the majority of my time just running around and where enemies spawn there are usually large groups waiting to try and grab something kinda boring right now

Londa

Banned
lol, just because there is a gaf ls on another server, doesn't mean another gaf ls can't be made on a different server. What is with the control freaks?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well crap. I installed a new board and processor and even though I have my FF14 install on another drive, it's missing some .dll so I think I have to reinstall all over again!

Gravijah

Kagari said:
Well crap. I installed a new board and processor and even though I have my FF14 install on another drive, it's missing some .dll so I think I have to reinstall all over again!

If it's just one DLL, maybe you could just download it?

Jonnyram

Is someone gonna make a GAF LS on Rabanastre then?
Also, am I right in thinking there is 24h maintenance going on?
If so, why the hell did I brink my laptop to work... argh :(

Shouta

Jonnyram said:
Is someone gonna make a GAF LS on Rabanastre then?
Also, am I right in thinking there is 24h maintenance going on?
If so, why the hell did I brink my laptop to work... argh :(

I'll make it if I decide on Rabanastre.

Azrael

ZiZ said:
so, any changes since open beta? is there an AH here yet or what?

Some of the changes from Open Beta to retail I've observed:

- Hardware mouse support has been added.

- Changing classes does not change your equipped skills and traits. If your current class can't use an equipped skill or trait, it uses up 0 of your action points. It would be better if it remembered what skills you equipped the last time you played that class and restored them, but it's still good for, say, switching back and forth between a DoW class and DoH class and not have to re-equip your skills every time.

- You can exchange guildleves every 36 hours instead of every 48. However, the gil and equipment rewards for leves have been reduced accordingly.

- Completing the first story mission awards only 6k gil instead of 30k.

- NPC vendor prices have been increased across the board. Most items are about twice as expensive as Open Beta. In some cases, the change is drastic (Bone Chips went from around 50 gil to over 400, for example).

- Vendors sell more items. For example you can buy higher rank Pugilist and Gladiator weapons in Ul'dah. But they are expensive. Rank 42 sword is around 500k gil.

- Local guildleves now give two more sets of materials than are required to complete the leve instead of one.

- When crafting, red, gold, and white orbs are more common and flashing orbs are more rare. I'm not sure if that is a change to the game or simply the effect of the Asuran Armguards.

- Using support spells during battles now awards skill points to Conjurers and Thaumaturges. Using support spells between battles does not.

- Items purchased with guildmarks have become more expensive, and some cannot be purchased without joining the guild. The conditions for joining a guild are unknown. I assume you need to complete a quest once your rank is high enough.

- Some text fixes. The NPC by the retainer bell in Ul'dah doesn't say [en] anymore.

jsrv

Does anyone know if the Onion Helm stops working after you hit rank 12 and higher? (3:00 minute weakness time instead of 1:30)

carlo6529

I am having a problem with stoneskin and shock spikes as a conjurer. How do I get those spells to cast on the whole party and not just a single target?

edit~ Thx Unknown Soldier

carlo6529 said:
I am having a problem with stoneskin and shock spikes as a conjurer. How do I get those spells to cast on the whole party and not just a single target?

We figured this out in beta, the buffs work as an AoE in a 180 degree field in front of where you are standing. Have everyone in the party stand in front of you and cast on a party member (not yourself) and it will work.

Did the Windower XIV break for anybody else with the new patch? It's not working for me, and I hate running in Fullscreen mode because it hitches and pauses so much.

Dineren

Banned
Two days in and I'm still quite confused. The quest system in particular seems pretty strange to me. The story line I was following just kind of dropped off seemingly in the middle unless I'm missing something (which is quite possible). Are all the leves limited to 8 every 36 hours? Still, despite my confusion, I'm quite enjoying it so far. I turned the textures down to low and it runs fairly well on my machine and surprisingly still looks pretty good. Looking forward to putting more time into it over the weekend.

jiggle

fuck
first battle leve out of 15 where i get an armor (shield)
and the game crashes on me :<

guess i can trade that in when it resets next...if that even works

Dineren said:
he story line I was following just kind of dropped off seemingly in the middle unless I'm missing something (which is quite possible). Are all the leves limited to 8 every 36 hours? Still, despite my confusion, I'm quite enjoying it so far. I turned the textures down to low and it runs fairly well on my machine and surprisingly still looks pretty good. Looking forward to putting more time into it over the weekend.

the storyline is based on your level i believe
you unlock a few every 10 levels

8 battle leves
and
8 craft leves
every 36 hours

Bento

Been playing for hours straight now and damn am I looking forward to sinking in an unhealthy amount of hours into this one :) Managed to create my character on Lindblum btw so is there anyone handing out Pearls like in OB, or?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
WOW. The controls are way better than they were during beta. :O

Anyone in Ul'dah willing to hook me up with the gaf linkshell.

Let me in

Gravijah said:
POST YOUR CHARS, PEOPLE! I WANNA BE JEALOUS!
Your wish is my command.
FFXIV_1285214737.jpg

Thanalan looks awesome. Oh, and those little sparkles to the left? That's the Aetheryte crystal. Yeah, it's there but because of the lag nothing was showing up :lol

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Kagari said:
WOW. The controls are way better than they were during beta. :O

Anyone in Ul'dah willing to hook me up with the gaf linkshell.

That's really good to hear, and probably due to the Hardware Cursor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom