• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

creid

Well, in most cases, the best gear is crafted and melded. But buying stuff from the THM guild? That's madness - that stuff is ridiculously overpriced compared to what's in the wards.
I had so much money from leves that it didn't seem that expensive. All of my early trips to the wards were so time consuming that I was trying to avoid going there.
Yeah, yeah, you're too proud, blah blah blah... I've heard it all before.
I just don't like to be a bother... I'd craft it myself, but I'm saving my crafting career for 2.0.
All this stuff you need right now to level and be competently geared? In the grand scheme of things, it's cheap and doesn't matter - you will be doing you and the LS a service if you save your money for when it does.
What else is money good for other than gear? I haven't found a whole lot of useful stuff to buy, but with so many shops I'm sure I've missed something.

I had so much money from leves that it didn't seem that expensive. All of my early trips to the wards were so time consuming that I was trying to avoid going there.

I just don't like to be a bother... I'd craft it myself, but I'm saving my crafting career for 2.0.

What else is money good for other than gear? I haven't found a whole lot of useful stuff to buy, but with so many shops I'm sure I've missed something.

If you really feel like burning money, you can use alot either buying the really hard to get gear, or helping out with provision and supply missions for your GC. But most of it can be done if you are willing to substitute time instead of gil.

Ravidrath

Holy shit.

So it sounds like the Hard fight is just purely a bonus/test your mettle kind of battle and won't have any kind of rewards?

And the other one is just so you can redo it because it's cool?

It's really not a bother - checking someone's gear in an important fight or LS event and finding they're not prepared for it is much more of one for everyone involved, I assure you.

Now that you're 45, I would be spending your money on buying equipment to Spiritbond and turn into materia. You can keep the good ones for yourself, or sell them all to start building up a bigger bank. Materia is the key to good gear.

Do this: buy Dated Tarred Voyager's belts from the Wards. Buy 5 of them, go out and do your thing, and turn them into materia. A lot of the most expensive materia come from Level 41+ belts, so that's a good place to start. When you're 50, you'll have other options, too.

Other profitable spiritbonding slots are weapons, gloves, earrings and neckpieces. Weapons tend to be expensive, though, so I would save those for last or until you can cheaply make them yourself.

And, just as a point of reference... I've been doing a lot of spiritbonding lately, and make 1-2M a day from it, and those are just from the ones I'm selling. I'm making a lot of materia to keep for myself on top of that, too.

So it sounds like the Hard fight is just purely a bonus/test your mettle kind of battle and won't have any kind of rewards?

And the other one is just so you can redo it because it's cool?

Seems so, although I can see the Raven earrings dropping from that battle, but they aren't that good to justify the punishing fight.

Ravidrath

Seems so, although I can see the Raven earrings dropping from that battle, but they aren't that good to justify the punishing fight.

Well, the fact that there's only those two items makes me think that the earring and/or the horn are the reward for completing "The Raven, Nevermore." And you can do that quest in either easy or hard flavors.

Mature

I could see the Dalamud horn being the quest reward (and also the "symbol" Yoshi-P spoke of early on that people in ARR would be able to tell that you survived the 7th Umbral Era) and the earrings being the reward for beating hard Darnus. They don't seem like something that would just be given away for doing a quest.

ZiZ

man, I hope I get to play these new quests :(

I'm currently suffering hardware and internet problems.

when did you guys add NeoBELIEVE?

Teknoman

Wtf Atmos gates showed up?

Time travel activated.

5843_1.jpg

Jomjom

Banned
Ahhhh I forgot to pay for the 90 day sub. From what I hear, this option is no longer available.

Just got married two weeks ago and amidst all the craziness leading up to it, I forgot to put in my sub for the Legacy Campaign. Is there any way that I can still be eligible? I registered the game way back when it first went into the F2P beta, so I never paid for a month.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Ahhhh I forgot to pay for the 90 day sub. From what I hear, this option is no longer available.

Just got married two weeks ago and amidst all the craziness leading up to it, I forgot to put in my sub for the Legacy Campaign. Is there any way that I can still be eligible? I registered the game way back when it first went into the F2P beta, so I never paid for a month.

I think the deal ended way back in June or May.
Congrats on getting married:)

Mature

Times for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn's Gamescom presentation have been posted:

We would like to take this opportunity to share an update regarding Naoki Yoshida’s attendance at Gamescom 2012.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn presentation
When:
August 16 at 14:30, 16:00, 17:30 CET
August 17 at 14:30, 16:00, 17:30 CET
August 18 at 12:00, 16:00, 17:30 CET
August 19 at 12:00, 14:30, 16:00 CET
Where:
Hall7 Booth B051

Autograph sessions
When:
August 17 and 18 at 18:00 CET
Where:
Hall7 Booth B051

Learn more about the autograph sessions.

We look forward to seeing all of you there!
Four days? Four presentations? Looks like this will be a veritable flood. Though I'm unsure as to why each day has three times?

ZiZ

Gridania looks so much better.

From that temple pic I'd guess that the twelve have a more prominent role.

my the guardian you choose during character creation actually affects something.

creid

So, how often is too often to bug the linkshell for crafting? :/

Times for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn's Gamescom presentation have been posted:

Four days? Four presentations? Looks like this will be a veritable flood. Though I'm unsure as to why each day has three times?
This is probably just a guy at SE's booth doing a walkthrough. They do it a couple times a day because the audience is just whoever happens to be standing outside SE's booth at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom