• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiryogi

Banned
Yup they did talk about level sync indeed. And I don't know if its new, but all current players will have beta access. Alpha is another story.

Also, there's still more 1.0 story to come that will finally tie into ARR. It won't just be server shutdown and that's it.

Allard

We will probably see a better version of it in the nico stream later on tonight (if you don't get kicked off lol), but the PAX demo and new trailer is on youtube now from a camera phone. Not incredible quality but holy cow they put a lot of new in game scenery into it, looks like they might have showed the Area right outside of Limsa, definitely the area right outside of Ul'Dah and within newly reform Tam Tara Deepcroft and what looks like Darkhold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9J2-qAxVwU

The choco strut near the windmills was breathtaking, the lighting in the dungeon area with the dragon was also a sight to behold even on the crappy camera video, really dynamic looking. The new music is also amazing as well. Wish they had this ready in time for E3 because I think this would have gotten a ton of people interested more so then now.

TheMink

Asked this in the newest thread but its probably better to ask it here.

Is there any word on what the new classes and jobs are?
Also is there a release date for Realm Reborn?

Is FFXIV in 2.0 right now? Or is it still 1.whatever?

EDIT: kiryogi just said there is still more 1.0 story to come so thats that then.

The choco strut near the windmills was breathtaking, the lighting in the dungeon area with the dragon was also a sight to behold even on the crappy camera video, really dynamic looking. The new music is also amazing as well. Wish they had this ready in time for E3 because I think this would have gotten a ton of people interested more so then now.

Agreed. I am Hyped for this already though. So my opinion was set from the first set of vids.

Allard

Asked this in the newest thread but its probably better to ask it here.

Is there any word on what the new classes and jobs are?
Also is there a release date for Realm Reborn?

Is FFXIV in 2.0 right now? Or is it still 1.whatever?

EDIT: kiryogi just said there is still more 1.0 story to come so thats that then.

Answered your question in the other thread but the official site accidentally put the pages up for Arcanist and Summoner and were promptly taken down in like 15 minutes, but people already got screen captures. Arcanist has its own magic and will use carbuncle; summoner takes on the essence and can summon primals (but if previous talks lead to anything, they will be 'lesser' summons, and the current primals will be huge group summons you have compete with against other players in the form of guild/free company content).

TheMink

Answered your question in the other thread but the official site accidentally put the pages up for Arcanist and Summoner and were promptly taken down in like 15 minutes, but people already got screen captures. Arcanist has its own magic and will use carbuncle; summoner takes on the essence and can summon primals (but if previous talks lead to anything, they will be 'lesser' summons, and the current primals will be huge group summons you have compete with against other players in the form of guild/free company content).

Yeah thanks for answering me twice lol!

Im so done being a support character, i want to be DD!!! But i also dont want to be a dragoon.
Help me out SE!

Teknoman

I really should not have watched that trailer at the end of the PAX video. Seriously did not help the wait.

The sweeping camera angle on the environments and seeing the battle system /effects in action...o_o

Jinko

My biggest goal with red dot is again "United" and "Active"

It's Gaf you will always suffer that problem .. (runs away)

I agree with Ironicsnake though forcing one free company is the way to go and will solve some of this issue.

Edit:- That trailer was the best one so far.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
First phase is japan only, we should have our own alpha page up later according to the Producer Letter earlier this week for phase 2-4.

Yes i know, that page says. "Different Region"

Allard

Yes i know, that page says. "Different Region"

Not for me it doesn't :D (And I am in Seattle!) its the na entry page. Just finished submitting my application.

Edit: If you are from Europe, the link needs to be index_en rather then index_na like the link supplied.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Thank you very much for your application to be a FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn alpha tester!

Email notifications will only be sent to applicants who have been selected. Please note that inquiries regarding selection results will not be answered.

My fault :)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm getting an error - "You must have an active FINAL FANTASY XIV account to apply. ". I'm logged in on my EU account and I've even logged to the game a few minutes ago to check if it'll make the error message go away. It didn't.

Edit:
Ok, trying to sign in on my JP account, which doesn't have FFXIV messed up the process, but I've been able to sign in using my other browser.

kiryogi

Banned
It's Gaf you will always suffer that problem .. (runs away)

I agree with Ironicsnake though forcing one free company is the way to go and will solve some of this issue.

Edit:- That trailer was the best one so far.

GAF isn't the issue actually since we've formed the two. . .

After reading that Square ordered the original FF14 disc to be destroyed and discontinued. I decided to buy it from Amazon dirt cheap. My guess 2.0 will relaunched at full retail price.

I just got it in the mail, is the current form of FF14 playable or should I wait for 2.0 to come out?

Teknoman

ic1I6LzHsuaEe.gif

iU2IhsfagiUTp.gif

Couldnt get it to capture the full explosion >_>

Allard

seems so, arc is the base class and smn is the advance job for arc

Just a bit surprised they decided to use Arcanist for the base class name now that we have seen the concept art for it. Looks absolutely nothing like the current games Arcanist and uses a completely different tool. Seems like a missed opportunity, they could have called the base class evoker or caller (from FFIII) and then make the job summoner, and then kept arcanist for another mage sometime in the future.

After reading that Square ordered the original FF14 disc to be destroyed and discontinued. I decided to buy it from Amazon dirt cheap. My guess 2.0 will relaunched at full retail price.

I just got it in the mail, is the current form of FF14 playable or should I wait for 2.0 to come out?

From someone who did the same thing (Played the Beta, bought it before Square destroyed the discs) and has been playing for a couple days, it's pretty much the same (at least at the low levels) game that it was in Beta, but most of the worst stuff that was at release has been addressed:

• Levequest limit is much better
  • Seems to be much less grindy
  • Rested XP bonuses for not playing, instead of penalizing you XP for playing
  • Retainer system still sucks, but it's at least usable from a buyers' perspective. Still awful from a seller's perspective (unless I'm missing something- it takes like 20 clicks and running around in circles to sell a single item).
  • Menu lag isn't nearly as bad for the most part. Some places still have terrible menu lag (Vendors / Bazaars / the Map Screen off the top of my head). Menu UI still mostly terrible, but still much better than the atrocity that it was at release.
  • There's still a strong lack of direction for the most part, but I hear rumors that the game actually has content now?
  • Prepare to be lonely. The game is completely desolate and seems to be devoid of players (at least in the low level zones and cities).

There's probably still some misinformation in there; I haven't gone out of my way to look for information- I've pretty much been playing the game as the game has been presented to me.

Overall the game still isn't that good, but it no longer holds the title of "Worst MMO if not Worst Game Ever". It's playable though, and a little fun if you have time to waste.

Teknoman

Holy Consult gives me Fabul vibes. Really cool to see official song titles...Coerthas = Unspoken...I really hope that theme doesnt change for ARR.

Munba

There are several missing tracks though. I dunno why but i suppose the missing tracks will be in the ARR.. and so in the future ARR OST.

Teknoman

Names still off confirmed. Bathed in woodsin is playing King Moggle Mog's theme...but then again King Moggle Mog plays a slightly different version of the same theme? Seems like the instrumental version before the lyrics pop in (first phase). Into the Adders Den plays Limsa Lominsa's theme... Imperium seems labeled correctly (I know thats gotta show up in ARR somewhere).

Want to buy this, but then again I use a Zune. Guess I could figure out how to convert it, or just wait until they straighten out the names.

NeoForte

Names still off confirmed. Bathed in woodsin is playing King Moggle Mog's theme...but then again King Moggle Mog plays a slightly different version of the same theme? Seems like the instrumental version before the lyrics pop in (first phase). Into the Adders Den plays Limsa Lominsa's theme... Imperium seems labeled correctly (I know thats gotta show up in ARR somewhere).

Want to buy this, but then again I use a Zune. Guess I could figure out how to convert it, or just wait until they straighten out the names.

All itunes music is DRM free now. So they are just m4a's. If Zune can play those you should be fine. Least I believe they all are DRM free now.

Azrael

It's a pity they don't seem to be putting the same effort into updating the game's bestiary as they are redoing the maps. The new zones are gorgeous, but seeing the same old diremites, squirrels, and beetles roaming around everywhere is a downer.

Mature

It's a pity they don't seem to be putting the same effort into updating the game's bestiary as they are redoing the maps. The new zones are gorgeous, but seeing the same old diremites, squirrels, and beetles roaming around everywhere is a downer.
I dunno, seeing them condense a lot of enemies into what is seemingly the very low level area makes me have hope that the tougher enemies aren't just reskinned versions of lower level ones.

Teknoman

I dunno, seeing them condense a lot of enemies into what is seemingly the very low level area makes me have hope that the tougher enemies aren't just reskinned versions of lower level ones.

Dont forget things like Cyclops, Treant, Couerl, and Manticores will most likely be standard enemies now. And of course there are things like that Axe Beak, Iron Giant, and hopefully more Flan everywhere.

Bladenic

Can't wait for the PS3 version. Totally going for SMN, but I want to try other stuff too, namely Ranger as long as its not as expensive as the XI version.

Jinko

Can only hope, I also hope they remove the ridiculously high level mobs in this game, seeing treants at low level is a nice touch for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom