• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

I have no idea how anyone can finish the Van Darnus fight with Imperium playing in the background. I'd be on the edge of my seat the entire time. Then again, I guess thats how you know a good final boss theme.

I need to get myself in gear, and just get it done.

EDIT:

The dauntless raven rises up.
From on high, he marks the past;
Marks the present; marks the future.

A revolution is upon us.
All the gods are dead.
Machines will rule the heavens.
Reason will rule the land.

Exalt we the White Raven.
Behold—his wings enfold the world.
He calls down the red light of destruction.
He glows with the red light of victory.

The Empire!
The Empire!
Hail to the Empire!

Look!
Bear witness to the advent of Fate.
Look!
Bear witness to the advent of Dalamud!

This text needs to appear on the screen prior to the opening movie for ARR, similar to FF1's prologue.

kiryogi

Banned
X|V players! I'm looking to give these away!

ff25thposter.png

Just answer these first!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41632111&postcount=186

ZiZ

I have no idea how anyone can finish the Van Darnus fight with Imperium playing in the background. I'd be on the edge of my seat the entire time. Then again, I guess thats how you know a good final boss theme.

I need to get myself in gear, and just get it done.

EDIT:

The dauntless raven rises up.
From on high, he marks the past;
Marks the present; marks the future.

A revolution is upon us.
All the gods are dead.
Machines will rule the heavens.
Reason will rule the land.

Exalt we the White Raven.
Behold—his wings enfold the world.
He calls down the red light of destruction.
He glows with the red light of victory.

The Empire!
The Empire!
Hail to the Empire!

Look!
Bear witness to the advent of Fate.
Look!
Bear witness to the advent of Dalamud!

This text needs to appear on the screen prior to the opening movie for ARR, similar to FF1's prologue.

Garleans are atheist extremists?

NeoForte

Garleans are atheist extremists?

Not that they are Athesist since they acknowledge the Primals as god like beings. It's just they want to destroy them and the beast tribes who summon them to prevent the world from being drained of Aether. In a way they are trying to save the world. Then they want to rule it with an iron fist :p

Kokonoe

Banned
I tested out FFXIV today and I didn't mess with it too long, but it's definitely an improvement since I originally played. Auto attack gives it that FFXI vibe and was a much needed addition, but I was unable to run it at a steady 60 FPS.

I decided to purchase the i7-3770k to settle this, so I should be set for Realm Reborn. My video card is fine.

TheMink

I noticed that for alpha you will have to make a new character.

Is that true for the beta too? Or will the beta transfer over your character?

Ala Alba

Well, on a whim I applied for the alpha test. I noticed that one of the things that must be kept confidential is the fact that you've been accepted as an alpha tester.

I never thought it would be that strict. :eek:

Teknoman

I noticed that for alpha you will have to make a new character.

Is that true for the beta too? Or will the beta transfer over your character?

Not sure, but I assume they might want you to make new characters on both so that you can test everything out from scratch. Of course your actual character will carry over from 1.X.

I guess there is a chance that if the beta is just something of another stress test + testing many different transfer factors, then you might use your actual character.

TheMink

Not sure, but I assume they might want you to make new characters on both so that you can test everything out from scratch. Of course your actual character will carry over from 1.X.

I guess there is a chance that if the beta is just something of another stress test + testing many different transfer factors, then you might use your actual character.

Yeah makes sense.

I would love to alpha/beta test, but i hate the idea of putting time in effort into something not my character lol XD

Teknoman

Im the same way, but honestly at this point, anything I can do to help A Realm Reborn is cool.

As for the story, I wonder if we'll be fighting a 3 pronged war: The various Beast Tribes and them thinking the Primals will save them, the Empire attempting general iron fist domination, and Van Darnus...who has the potential to be the new Kefka imo (you know he cant be dead...anyone that hellbent on destruction in FF finds a way to exist).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Well, on a whim I applied for the alpha test. I noticed that one of the things that must be kept confidential is the fact that you've been accepted as an alpha tester.

I never thought it would be that strict. :eek:
This is a pretty normal thing in all the alpha NDAs.

Jinko

This is a pretty normal thing in all the alpha NDAs.

Yea for unreleased games.

I don't really see the need for NDA's in this case, I guess they want to limit the exposure though.

Nobody takes NDA's seriously any more, I would expect to see loads of live streams.

I've been watching some fellow play this game on Youtube and it's gotten its hooks into me. I really want to play.

Would this be a bad time to jump in or should I be strong and wait for 2.0?

BLCKATK

Decided to take a break from this for now... Once ARR hits I'll be all over it though. Not being able to get a solid static for Garuda sucked, and speed runs don't really sound interesting to me. Such a backwards concept for a dungeon run.

Cmagus

Decided to take a break from this for now... Once ARR hits I'll be all over it though. Not being able to get a solid static for Garuda sucked, and speed runs don't really sound interesting to me. Such a backwards concept for a dungeon run.

If you can get people together for a Garuda static you can count me in. I can either tank the fight or Blm it.

Teknoman

Yeah I cant lie...I like exploration more than blitzing through an area, especially in an RPG.

Multiple bosses depending on what path you take is cool though. Personally, I still need to beat Van Darnus, and at least get my current shield and Giantsgall sword melded up. Finish up Warrior AF as well as snag a Giantsgall Axe. Relic weaponry can wait till ARR. Would like to kill Garuda, but I guess i need more than Paladin AF lol.

Allard

Set in the realm of Eorzea, 5 years after the devastating attacks from the Garlean Empire and the catastrophic events of the Meteor, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn presents an adventure for players around the world to undertake epic quests and battle with familiar FINAL FANTASY monsters as they work together to help forge the fate of Eorzea.

By the TGS PR for FFXIV.

http://gamingeverything.com/28284/square-enixs-tgs-2012-lineup/

So 5 year time gap between 1.0 and 2.0

Ravidrath

Hey Ravi, is there still a spot for me come 2.0 in the Gaf ls?
Even though i forgot to tell anyone i wasnt going to be able to play for a bit :p

Who are you? :eek:

Also, uh... who knows? It looks like a TON of people are going to join when 2.0 hits. So get in early, I guess?

TheMink

Who are you? :eek:

Also, uh... who knows? It looks like a TON of people are going to join when 2.0 hits. So get in early, I guess?

Eleaus Ffamran

Hmm, perhaps i will!
My account is still active, but i was gone for two weeks for work and i came back and was kicked out of the ls lol :p
I didnt tell anyone id be gone so it was my fault, but i just figured meh just come back for 2.0

Allard

Wow only 5 years? I guess...magic or something.

Well we know Dalamud is also affecting the inside of the planet and giving out "Over-aspected Crystals" so that should make trees grow faster, changes in the scenery and a whole bunch of stuff. Think they only thing they needed to explain was the addition of the various little camps/villages (including already one destroyed in North La Noscea) and I suppose 5 years would be enough for them. That does mean hopefully we should see a bunch of old characters still alive in 2.0 (Save the Ul'Dah Prostitutes!).

Ravidrath

Eleaus Ffamran

Hmm, perhaps i will!
My account is still active, but i was gone for two weeks for work and i came back and was kicked out of the ls lol :p
I didnt tell anyone id be gone so it was my fault, but i just figured meh just come back for 2.0

You weren't "kicked out," we just had to break the shell because it was full of inactive players again.

We split the LSes more smartly now, so we have like 30+ spaces available in the GAF shell, I think. But it seems like we're going to have a huge influx of people when 2.0 comes out, too.

TheMink

You weren't "kicked out," we just had to break the shell because it was full of inactive players again.

We split the LSes more smartly now, so we have like 30+ spaces available in the GAF shell, I think. But it seems like we're going to have a huge influx of people when 2.0 comes out, too.

Ok cool, i dont want to waste a slot because i wont be able to get on very often over the next month or two, but i will be back for sure.

EDIT: i didnt mean to convey i was mad btw!
I totally get it.

I subbed for legacy status but haven't been playing at all really. I'm thinking I should just start over on the GAF server since I'm only a lv 20-something marauder. I guess it would be nice to switch now regardless of how much I actually play before 2.0.

Yuripaw

Banned
Is the gaf community pretty active for this game right now?

I'm having trouble with guild wars 2, and I'm thinking about just reactivating FFXI, or FFXIV instead right now so I have something to play. I haven't done anything in FFXIV since I bought the game really, and am thinking about just making a new character.

King_Moc

Banned
Is the gaf community pretty active for this game right now?

I'm having trouble with guild wars 2, and I'm thinking about just reactivating FFXI, or FFXIV instead right now so I have something to play. I haven't done anything in FFXIV since I bought the game really, and am thinking about just making a new character.

We've got 84 in the Linkshell currently, with probably between 10 & 25 people on normally. I'd advise joining sooner rather than later, as we don't know if the Free Companies in 2.0 will have a member cap or not. You'll have plenty to do on this for the next 2 months as well, there's actually some content now.

Yuripaw

Banned
We've got 84 in the Linkshell currently, with probably between 10 & 25 people on normally. I'd advise joining sooner rather than later, as we don't know if the Free Companies in 2.0 will have a member cap or not. You'll have plenty to do on this for the next 2 months as well, there's actually some content now.

What's the name of the linkshell, and who would be the best person/people to contact to join if I did sign back in? You guys are on Lindblum, right?

kiryogi

Banned

hrm lol who are you again.

Also all GAF-ers please fill this out so I can quit asking you who you are :D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar5mJHxtjN9sdEYyVXBCejFRbTZtVWJ2WHlGMTlMLUE#gid=0

Boss Man

So did the PS3 version get pushed back further or something? I've heard comments about it "not coming out" and I saw that Amazon has the date at 12/2013 now. Is the PS3 beta still supposed to be coming by the end of the year?

Allard

So did the PS3 version get pushed back further or something? I've heard comments about it "not coming out" and I saw that Amazon has the date at 12/2013 now. Is the PS3 beta still supposed to be coming by the end of the year?

Its coming out with the PC version 2.0 getting shipped. This was a hard promise Yoshida wanted to make because part of the games revival depends on the new platform release for the PS3. It probably got launched back to 2013 because the retailers originally had it on December 2012 and there is no way the client is getting released this year. PS3 beta is still scheduled to come out sometime in the middle of the beta testing process, the exact date not specific but estimated November/December of this year. Not sure where the comments for PS3 version not coming out, its central to this games revival and will be shown for the first time at TGS.

Boss Man

Its coming out with the PC version 2.0 getting shipped. This was a hard promise Yoshida wanted to make because part of the games revival depends on the new platform release for the PS3. It probably got launched back to 2013 because the retailers originally had it on December 2012 and there is no way the client is getting released this year. PS3 beta is still scheduled to come out sometime in the middle of the beta testing process, the exact date not specific but estimated November/December of this year. Not sure where the comments for PS3 version not coming out, its central to this games revival and will be shown for the first time at TGS.
Very cool, thanks. I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom