• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Moc

Banned
So tomorrow is probably the best time to start getting seals then?

I saw someone say that all GC type quests give 2x the amount of seals during Foundations Day? Is that true? Chocobo caravan included in this?

That would be useful. Need 25k for that last rank now o_O

Allard

6pm PDT tomorrow (aka when they're done with patch maintenance) according to the link. If its like last year it'll run for a few weeks.

Its funny you should mention this because some reason I thought I read it was coming on Thursday instead of tomorrow... then I went back to the foundation section link.

Thursday, September 12, 2012, at 18:00 p.m. (PDT).

Looks someone goofed on the internal schedules for localization lol, they changed the date and time but forgot to change the day from Japan time. So yes, tomorrow after maintenance should be founders day.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want to make a party for La Noscea caravan runs after maintenance?

*cough*

(mumble mutter don't hate the messenger cockblockin' mumble)

TheMink

Yep!

From what I've seen the Uldah and Gridania Caravans are much more popular, but alas you're probably right.

Oh wait im immortal flames, thats probably a problem right?

EDIT: if i can still help regardless thats fine with me, i dont mind not getting seals if your having trouble finding a team.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, it's fine then- there'll probably be plenty of teams advertising in Uldah for caravans so if you're not going to get anything for it's fine! Or maybe I'll find a group for GC quests and be able to do Uldah, ha.

(New computer arrived- so THAT'S what the garlean airships are supposed to look like)

Muddimar

So I recently grabbed all of my WHM af gear, updated my rings, earrings, neck. What would be my first steps in terms of "End Game" content? I hear so many buzz words "Skirmishes", "Hamlet", "Garuda", etc, which do I attempt to tackle first? Any thoughts?

Ravidrath

So I recently grabbed all of my WHM af gear, updated my rings, earrings, neck. What would be my first steps in terms of "End Game" content? I hear so many buzz words "Skirmishes", "Hamlet", "Garuda", etc, which do I attempt to tackle first? Any thoughts?

WHM doesn't actually benefit much from anything other than Aurum Vale and good accessories. There are some decent pieces in Hamlet Defense, but they're pretty rare.

I'd knock out Ifrit and Moogle, and then try to work you way up to Garuda.

Allard

Patch notes are out.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/54142

Looks like we are finally getting the red glow weather for dalamud judging by this screen.

6524_0.jpg

Also nice that they are making some aether crystal sites free, guess they are expecting lots of people to make quick teleports to engage in content at those spots. Also wonder what the new monsters are that they alluded got added.

Patch notes are out.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/54142

Looks like we are finally getting the red glow weather for dalamud judging by this screen.

6524_0.jpg

Also nice that they are making some aether crystal sites free, guess they are expecting lots of people to make quick teleports to engage in content at those spots. Also wonder what the new monsters are that they alluded got added.

Cool for me. I wanted to finish exploring Mor Dhona.

Allard

Outside of a couple seasonal events I really don't see them adding too much new content beyond the live events at this point. We are now less then 2 months from the end of the world (as we know it), they are going to focus on stream changes like the Garlean invasions and Atomos where NPC appear and disappear, weather effects change, maybe NPC dialogue changes but no new easily recognizable content. I think we will get one more lettered patch sometime in October and then that will be it for patch cycle on 1.0.

Allard

SE snuck in some new geometry into the game this patch. There is now some huge ass trees at Black Brush including one right behind a tent at the camp (African Plains like trees but they are still none the less huge), some new trees at Camp Glory, new jagged mountain geometry in a couple locations in Coerthas (one right near everlakes camp). Trying to find other new things added, looks like only a few things but the Black Brush change was VERY noticeable at least on my server.

dwix

Camp Horizon is surrounded by a bunch of ?? mobs that one-shot me, haha. Guess I'll try again later!

Is that related to the latest patch/the meteor getting closer? Kinda wicked.

Allard

Atmos, maybe? Or something new?

Its Atomos and the void mobs, at the old spwn camps (the one where its now 0 teleport fees) you can now kill Atomos and you get buffs, anima, and overaspected crystals and clusters. At the foundation day NPCs you get 3k seals everytime you turn in an overaspected cluster which happens basically every time you click Atomos poo---I mean voidstone on the first try. Its a 'unique' item though so you can only have one on you at a time. You also get 1k seals for every 4 overaspected crystals which you get 3 of when you click the voidstone if you already have the cluster on you.

BLCKATK

God dammit, a new patch makes me want to play. So what exactly is different?

Also I'm hearing that Atomos is now an easily farmable event that drops Over-Aspected Clusters that can be traded in for 1k GC seals. Is that true? Cause if it is I'm gonna be sad I'm missing out.

Teknoman

Its Atomos and the void mobs, at the old spwn camps (the one where its now 0 teleport fees) you can now kill Atomos and you get buffs, anima, and overaspected crystals and clusters. At the foundation day NPCs you get 3k seals everytime you turn in an overaspected cluster which happens basically every time you click Atomos poo---I mean voidstone on the first try. Its a 'unique' item though so you can only have one on you at a time. You also get 1k seals for every 4 overaspected crystals which you get 3 of when you click the voidstone if you already have the cluster on you.

So making time for this.

creid

Atomos is always somewhere, right? I warped around to a bunch of camps last night and only found him at one of them, but there were no enemies to fight and he disappeared after about 10 minutes. After a half hour or so I gave up and logged off. Do I just have to hope I get there when he first arrives at a camp?

TheMink

Im sorry, whats this now?? Ans where do i go to do it??

Allard

Im sorry, whats this now?? Ans where do i go to do it??

At the 'teleport cost 0 anima' camps Atomos appears at night. He often times brings with him an assortment of mobs called deepvoid which are essentially gigantic version of various mobs in the game; ogres, zombies, arhiman, imps and skeletons etc. If caught off guard these mobs can murder you and should be either kited away or killed in a group. If you can get claim to these mobs they do drop overaspected crystals from what I hear and ina group they are not hard to kill, a light party can take one or two of them out (if you don't lag out from all the people at camps).

Atomos has pull-in, can occasionally move/run away, has nasty AOE damage moves and in general feels like a raid boss. think a full party of 8 with time and few adds can kill him, but he can despwn if you don't kill him quick enough and with so many people he is usually dead in 30-40 seconds anyways. He drops to the ground a thing called the voidstone which anyone (even those who didn't participate in the fight) can click and get an overaspected cluster. Its unique/untradeable and can be turned in at the foundation day NPCs for 3k grand company seals. Once you turn it in, you can get another one from Atomos. You can also click the voidstone more then once and get additional rewards like free anima (20 to up to 40 anima from what I hear), overaspected crystals, and buffs like flee which is essentially chocobo level speed on a 30 minute timer that does NOT go away upon damage or engaging another mob. It goes away when you die though. Some people I hear last night were using the buff on Garuda or and other fights to run past mobs or dodge specific attacks.

The other camps Atomos spawns at are at places like Camp Horizon, Black Brush and several other new camps (Dragonhead) these happen during the day time and Atomos cannot be targeted and thus can't be killed. Stands to reason that at some point in the future he will be selectable later on and the camps will be teleport cost free if the other camps are anything to go by. Would be nice by the time we get the 'end of the world' event that all aether crystals are anima free.

BLCKATK

Holy crap that is ridiculous. 3k Company Seals for Battle Content? That just makes me want to play just so I can take advantage of that.

ZetaEpyon

Yeah, they really did a nice job on the graphics for Dalamud in this patch. Another thing that you can't really see from the screenshots (for those who haven't logged in) is that the clouds actually slowly swirl around it. It's a really cool effect.

Salaadin

At the 'teleport cost 0 anima' camps Atomos appears at night. He often times brings with him an assortment of mobs called deepvoid which are essentially gigantic version of various mobs in the game; ogres, zombies, arhiman, imps and skeletons etc. If caught off guard these mobs can murder you and should be either kited away or killed in a group. If you can get claim to these mobs they do drop overaspected crystals from what I hear and ina group they are not hard to kill, a light party can take one or two of them out (if you don't lag out from all the people at camps).

Atomos has pull-in, can occasionally move/run away, has nasty AOE damage moves and in general feels like a raid boss. think a full party of 8 with time and few adds can kill him, but he can despwn if you don't kill him quick enough and with so many people he is usually dead in 30-40 seconds anyways. He drops to the ground a thing called the voidstone which anyone (even those who didn't participate in the fight) can click and get an overaspected cluster. Its unique/untradeable and can be turned in at the foundation day NPCs for 3k grand company seals. Once you turn it in, you can get another one from Atomos. You can also click the voidstone more then once and get additional rewards like free anima (20 to up to 40 anima from what I hear), overaspected crystals, and buffs like flee which is essentially chocobo level speed on a 30 minute timer that does NOT go away upon damage or engaging another mob. It goes away when you die though. Some people I hear last night were using the buff on Garuda or and other fights to run past mobs or dodge specific attacks.

The other camps Atomos spawns at are at places like Camp Horizon, Black Brush and several other new camps (Dragonhead) these happen during the day time and Atomos cannot be targeted and thus can't be killed. Stands to reason that at some point in the future he will be selectable later on and the camps will be teleport cost free if the other camps are anything to go by. Would be nice by the time we get the 'end of the world' event that all aether crystals are anima free.

Thanks for the nice writeup

I have to do this tonight. I really need the seals.

Allard

Yeah, they really did a nice job on the graphics for Dalamud in this patch. Another thing that you can't really see from the screenshots (for those who haven't logged in) is that the clouds actually slowly swirl around it. It's a really cool effect.

Dalamud is also its own light source now, some areas have vastly different 'feel' because it feels like the sun is out 24/7 even when its cloudy out and Dalamud is in a different area of the skybox then the current sun so it really throws you off what direction is north or south right now. I used return after dieing to Atomos when I first logged into the game and got placed at Iron Lake, I felt like I was in a completely different world because the main light source was coming from south of me.

Also I need to reiterate to see if anyone else has discovered more then I did last night, has anyone else been able to discover the subtle terrain changes they made this patch? The three off the top of my head are the new trees at camp Glory, the huge ass trees at Black Brush camp and to the north of it and what 'appears' to be new geometry in Coerthas for tiny mountain peaks.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
That's an... interesting version of Titan, though I suppose he doesn't have an iconic design anyway.

(Wonder if this Atmos stuff is meant to try and stress test the servers- it's certainly putting them through their paces...)

Allard

I hope they don't try and make something to substitute a proper auction house.

They have already said AH + Retainer for world economy. The question is if they are going to add additional 'options' on to the AH. Lots of people in FFXI still use Mule Bazaaring for items as a means to sell hard to get item for a fixed price (or in the case of some items, stuff that can't even be put up on the AH). I could easily see an AH system where you can also search the wares of the retainer selling the item through a 'merchant window' and still have all the same features of an AH and have the selling convenience of an AH. They talked about being able to sell wares through retainer on a mobile app so you could keep selling even while not playing the game.

Salaadin

Anyone know if the Storm Lieutenant's Labrys bonus of "Storm gear (5 or more pieces): Attack Power +30" means "any gear sold by the Maelstrom merchant" or does it specifically mean any gear with Storm in the name?
Im trying to find a good set of 5 Maelstrom pieces to stick on my WAR to get the bonus but Im not sure that Im willing to give up other slots for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom