• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronotech

I feel I have a pretty tough quest ahead of me. Just hit 45 Monk and almost ready for "Five Easy Pieces", my AF armor quest. How tough is this fight and how difficult is it to get a team together?

I've never had luck shouting in Uldah but peeps from the LS have been very helpful for my job quests.

Should I promise free ice cream?

kch

Having PLD and WHM at 50 I'm gonna level a DD as well but I noticed Archer is needed first for it's -enmity abilites. Not to keen on leveling that up to 42 before I decide on a damage class but I'll set that as my final goal before 2.0 :)

I might be better off trying to make some gil or continue crafting but leveling a craft is so darn slow and boring so I'll save that for ARR. Not really sure what makes gil other than making materia and selling or having a higher level craft, need to study the market a bit.

I miss having an Auction House :(

Allard

Its been quite quiet on the FFXIV front since the Producer letter lol.

Changes to Existing Items and the Monetary System in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (10/02/2012)

If you had been paying the attention the past several months from the rep comments (plus live letter) more then half this info isn't new. But the stuff is new is both controversial yet probably won't mean a thing come launch date.

On top of arrows getting expunged, lures and tackles and fishing secondary tools (spearfishing) are getting eliminated in 2.0. All equipment with 'favored' is becoming required and they are contemplating changing favored to 'all classes' on most the of the dated gear. (Guess they just want to get rid of redundencies to keep newer plays from getting confused). They are also eliminating throwing weapons as they will be consolidated into a 'free' throwing weapon on the classes instead (thus the lvl 15 throwing ability we saw on Lancer during the demonstrations).

Guild Marks, and crafting manuals will need to be used before the end of 1.0 as they are getting expunged in 2.0 from being a 'thing'.

Key items page is becoming no more but will instead be added to a new function unspecified or become a real inventory item (like chocobo whistle).

No more Linen Gloves of Casting "Red", the dye color will now be shown visually on the icon and in game and no where else. So in ARR it just becomes Linen Gloves of Casting. You can also redye equipment multiple times.

Waist gear will no longer be shown visually and instead will integrated directly into the body piece aesthetics (Cobalt plate belt integrated into Cobalt Cuirass etc.).

Dated gear will become unsellable, unobtainable and will not be added to the games equipment tables in 2.0. They will instead be legacy items you can't trade but can use and wear. This also includes weathered gear (except weathered weapons/tools).

Race specific undergarments are getting consolidated into gender specific only.

No more player bazaars, instead retainers will get 20 slots to sell instead of 10, they will also get 25 more slots of inventory bringing them to 175 while players lose 100 slots from 200 to 100.

Gear attributes are getting an overhaul in 2.0 due to the massive overhauls to the combat system so some of your favorite gear might have stat changes.

HQ items with a +2 and +3 will now become +1 by default.

Dated recipes and holiday recipes will not be available/obtainable in 2.0. On top of all this the spearfishing achievements are getting retired in at the end of 1.0 due to its lack of existence in ARR.

Riposte

I've been trying to push in as many games as possible and dealing with school at the same time. Getting Garuda or the dungeons done seems pretty hopeless... but if anyone wants to do it, I'm 100% down and will make time. Unfortunately, I can't exactly be staying up til 4 am or w/e madness you guys made me do in the past lol.

Jinko

Glad to see they have got rid of player bazaars, much better to have 20 slots on the rertainer.

Obviously cooks will not like this change outside instances though :p

Interesting to know Spearfishing will be removed, I guess everything will be caught through fishing now (at least I hope).

So their plan is to shut down the servers after November 11th..

Does that mean they plan to let everyone that subscribes to FF XIV into the Alpha test?

Works for me :)

Jinko

I suspect that once people actually realise that their hard work is being pissed away, less and less will bother playing after the 11th of Nov.

Plus as more and more get invited to the beta they will just stop caring about version 1.0.

Allard

I suspect that once people actually realise that their hard work is being pissed away, less and less will bother playing after the 11th of Nov.

Plus as more and more get invited to the beta they will just stop caring about version 1.0.

I'm like that right now and we still have less then a month of recorded playing time lol. Most of it has just been too busy with work and other irl things, but I just find its a waste to barrel through achievements and the like just to hit the 50 cap barrier again in 2.0 for 2-3 months. I'd rather 'relearn' the game while actually playing it as intended. I've more or less given up on getting 6/8 crafts to 50 because I want to actually level some of them to max level in 2.0 with the new crafting system and work on the content at their intended levels. Later this weekend I'll pop on work on getting the exploration achievement finished, finish one of the sword of "___" achievements and get the NM hunter achievement and finally kill Darnus to get the horn then I think I am done till 2.0. Who knows maybe the new second half of the foundation event will have me on more often (that has been alluded to by a rep last night, they mentioned the reason we aren't getting a Halloween event this year is because foundation day event is stretching into Halloween with the armed conflict part that got mentioned yesterday).

Riposte

I'd like to take screenshots of landmarks and compare them to their new iteration.

When is the "end" event going to begin? They made a lot of noise in the recent fictional newspapers.

Allard

I'd like to take screenshots of landmarks and compare them to their new iteration.

When is the "end" event going to begin? They made a lot of noise in the recent fictional newspapers.

The rep seemed to imply the second phase of the foundation day event (The one talked about in those articles) is going to replace the Halloween event and last years event started around October 11th. Going to guess we are going to get two more 'events'. The war preparation event coming up where the armies convene coming soon and then November 1st comes and we have the actual battle takes place, leading into the fictitious end of the servers on November 11th, and then a week later they reopen for the few that want to keep playing without saving.

Shouta

Hrm, My cousin and I need to do some of the GC quests for Limsa and need some help lol. I finished Deus Ex Machina but I think the rest of the quests need at least 6 people. We're on Sargetanas so

Kronotech

Aren't there two Gaf shells? There only seems to be 14 people online max at one time.

I have so much story questing to do before Nov 1st.

Ravidrath

Anyone on Sargantas still need To Kill A Raven? It seems impossible to find groups for it anymore.

We're trying to find out who all needs help on this still and schedule an LS event to finish everyone off.

http://reddot.guildwork.com/forum/threads/506e8cbdc16e4d111c235b48-finishing-up-story-quests

Hrm, My cousin and I need to do some of the GC quests for Limsa and need some help lol. I finished Deus Ex Machina but I think the rest of the quests need at least 6 people. We're on Sargetanas so

Whoa, since when were you on Sargatanas? :eek:

Shouta

I was on whatever was the original server we all started on so. Still have the first gaf shell.

Character name is Ezlyn Fallsmeyer

Jijidasu

Spent the afternoon fixing the old FFXIV community forum that myself and another friend put together for FFXIV's launch. The people kind of stopped showing up after launch understandably but with ARR looking so promising I put some time into cleaning it up.

So if there are any old FFXI importers (and onwards, of course) from Ragnarok server be sure to check it out. I know a bunch of you use this forum, names I'll never forget! Would be lovely to get that community back together for ARR. Link: http://www.timelesshourglass.com/requiem/index.php

Cmagus

Finally got my first Garuda weapon the Garuda Scream.

j4Wn33oQYbkGf.png

BLCKATK

Congrats Eight. If I didn't have horrible lag at college I'd probably be trying to get a static on my server. Doesn't seem likely though.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I actually got it done- but as Ravi said he's trying to organise a group for it on the Red Dot forums, and I'm willing to help out. After 9 in an American time zone is a little late for me though.

Cmagus

I got my axe on my second win lol sorry Rain. She isn't nerfed we just got really good :) and Jinko you need to get back on and come win with us.

Some info on the PS3/controller UI.

- Much like the PC version, the player can set up an XMB style menu to access main commands

- Every in-game action can be given an icon (and color coded as well, should you choose to do so)

- Players will control commands through use of the shoulder buttons and the d-pad. The d-pad will be assigned to controlling the four horizontal lines at the bottom of the screen. Commands will be split among Up, Down, Left, and Right. L2 and R2 will allow you to switch between the groups. A maximum of eight commands can be accessed with combination of d-pad and shoulder buttons

- Macros can be set just like the PC version. By pressing both shoulder buttons at the same time, you are able to choose from different palettes. Eight macros can be assigned to a palette, however… Even though eight are accessible, it is not common for a class to have all. Each class will be allowed to register their sets individually

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/20...antasy-xiv-detailed-in-famitsu/?doing_wp_cron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom