• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoForte

Grats! I'm still lacking Darklight! I'm currently priority looter on Darklight gloves, but I don't think they'll drop before 2.0, sadly! Would be nice to have some DL so I can start saving totems in 2.0 for other pieces. I have a hunch that the Cowl will be very good for Arcanist.

In other news, yesterday we beat Darnus (hard)! They had gotten a win the day prior to that, and we had already set up that Saturday we'd do it non-stop. After not so many runs and one 3% wipe run, we got it down!! I'm so happy, didn't even expect to get it.

I was DD-WHM for it, and managed to pull off 33k damage on it (on their other win run, the relic DD-WHM got 34k! So I'm happy with myself). That fight was soooo much fun!

WptHJ.jpg

Wow gratz! I'm still missing those 2, the hat and earrings :(. I think I'm at the point where I probably won't get them.

Darte

So the end event is the Nov 10, but until when all your stats and items will be carried? the same day or sooner?

Also, was this posted? Character creation for 2.0 Alpha

October 31/Nov 1st (Depending on time zone) is when a final save maintenance will occur. After that maint, no further progress will be saved until ARR is officially launched.

The game will continue "technically officially" from Nov 1st to Nov 11th, during which I assume the whole ending scenario of 1.0 (or the intro to ARR) will play out in game.

Sofo

Wow gratz! I'm still missing those 2, the hat and earrings :(. I think I'm at the point where I probably won't get them.
Thanks! The hat I tried really hard, and after a couple of days, managed to get both the tricorne and the hat! Was a pain to get people to do them and listen though.

Jijidasu

2ch is on fire with all heaps of info from the first night of the alpha. YoshiP was standing around the Aetheryte in Gridania talking to people. Speaking of Gridania, according to all reports it's now so different and so gorgeous that it would seem that the popularity of Ul'dah is going to shift. One of the impressions was that when the person finished character creation and landed in Gridania; "Eh, is this Limsa?" kind of feeling. Take that was you will. It's apparently very big and open now, with multiple levels of city (tree tops?).

The music in Gridania is completely different too. From what I've heard no one is displeased with what went on.

Seems like a few people went to lengths to stream the alpha and got banned pretty much right away, except for someone using justinTV.

Jijidasu

Couple of feedback posts from the alpha forums via 2ch.

1. Some players mentioned clipping from hair, particularly the long fringe style on a Mi'qote resulted in the hair clipping through the back of the underarms resulting in some unsightly 'long underarm hair' scenes.

YoshiP followed up by stating this is due to the physics animation system for hair not being implemented yet. Coming in Beta.

2. Can't select AA and gamma numerical values. Water portrayal in caves looks like mud flow.

YoshiP said he'd pass this on to the graphics team. In regards to the water it's still under optimisation and the team is working hard on it. It could be a just an oversight of the team (that one place).

3. Could be just the alpha version but it seems like the texture resolution is lower than current FFXIV. The treel eaves and so on, can't make the distinction between each leaf etc.

YoshiP: Fundamentally there is no change between ARR texture resolution and current FFXIV texture resolution. It is because of the AA processing that makes it a little different; He advised about turning LoD off (unlocking it to max setting) and that the team are considering an option to turn off different kinds of mipmap settings.

October 31/Nov 1st (Depending on time zone) is when a final save maintenance will occur. After that maint, no further progress will be saved until ARR is officially launched.

The game will continue "technically officially" from Nov 1st to Nov 11th, during which I assume the whole ending scenario of 1.0 (or the intro to ARR) will play out in game.

Thanks, I was a bit confussed... better try level a bit blacksmith before the end of the month.

Allard

2ch is on fire with all heaps of info from the first night of the alpha. YoshiP was standing around the Aetheryte in Gridania talking to people. Speaking of Gridania, according to all reports it's now so different and so gorgeous that it would seem that the popularity of Ul'dah is going to shift. One of the impressions was that when the person finished character creation and landed in Gridania; "Eh, is this Limsa?" kind of feeling. Take that was you will. It's apparently very big and open now, with multiple levels of city (tree tops?).

The music in Gridania is completely different too. From what I've heard no one is displeased with what went on.

Seems like a few people went to lengths to stream the alpha and got banned pretty much right away, except for someone using justinTV.

Lol wish I could have seen that, was really tempted to stay up around 2:00 AM for the 'leaks' but had to get up early for work. Sounds like Yoshida was being ridiculously conservative with the 'city' changes talk. The way its described sounds like a completely different city, that alongside with the 2ch blogs summarizing the new zone info for Alpha it should be a true night and day difference. (Gridania is getting split into two zones, Gridania: Old City, Gridania: New city, and a separate zone for the inn like it is now in 1.0).

Jijidasu

Lol wish I could have seen that, was really tempted to stay up around 2:00 AM for the 'leaks' but had to get up early for work. Sounds like Yoshida was being ridiculously conservative with the 'city' changes talk. The way its described sounds like a completely different city, that alongside with the 2ch blogs summarizing the new zone info for Alpha it should be a true night and day difference. (Gridania is getting split into two zones, Gridania: Old City, Gridania: New city, and a separate zone for the inn like it is now in 1.0).

The inn being The Roost or something rather, right? Makes sense I suppose. I for some reason imagined it being a kind of small town or something rather.

Munba

Thx for the impressions info, it seems gridania city has really a major revamp. Can't wait to see it.

I would like to know if the music in the inn is the same. Hope so, i loved that.

Allard

The inn being The Roost or something rather, right? Makes sense I suppose. I for some reason imagined it being a kind of small town or something rather.

The Adventures Guild is called Caroline Canopy, the inn inside is called "The Roost". Unless something changed in 2.0 that should just be the separate instance zone for the Inn you go into to rest, then again we still don't know how resting working in 2.0 yet, we know you can rest out in the fields at certain Aether plazas (info from Yoshida) so it could potentially be a more expanded Inn setting too. But my gut tells me its the same as always.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
One of the best group photos (in an MMO) that I've ever seen. I wish I was there :(

BLCKATK

Wow that sounds great. I can barely contain my hype, it's driving all of my friends crazy. They don't understand why I love this game, heh.

Sofo

I'm kinda disappointed I didn't get WAR and PLD to 50, but I guess at the same time, it'll be nice to play them at 2.0!

I'm so curious how the end of the world event will be! Not hyping myself too much though :3

Jinko

I'm kinda disappointed I didn't get WAR and PLD to 50, but I guess at the same time, it'll be nice to play them at 2.0!

I'm so curious how the end of the world event will be! Not hyping myself too much though :3

Will give you something besides arcanist to level :p

Teknoman

That impact timer is pretty ominous. Iron Giant battle looks very nice...barely noticed the other participants standing on the ledge. Its huge!

Sofo

I missed the second batch of group screenshots eh? >: that really sucks! Though it was like 3am my time when it was scheduled ): Everyone will forget about meeeeeeh! /cry

Super happy though, lately it feels a GM is reading my posts and providing for me, lol. Yesterday we were trying to get my last Alumina salt from Cutter's Cry, but no luck, the last run being close by like 5 seconds. Truth to be told, were basically all of us fucking up, and taking it easy. But I don't mind because Darklight Eyepatch dropped! O_O

hNc19.jpg

There was a bit of confusion in my static, because the day before I mentioned that I might switch my primary lot to Cowl (since I hate rolling against friends). Luckily I didn't and GoogleDocs confirmed it. :3

Here I am with a friend! Taking pics with your colleages before we're wiped from existence. ):

TFFhT.jpg

Sucks that I didn't finish the last salt, but oh well, can't have it all! :)

notworksafe

Shake em up shake em up shake em up shake up roll em in a circle of mobs and watch me break em with the 7 7-11 7-11

/icecube lol

But yea i never got the chance to play cor in XI never got ppl to help me get it :(. But it looked so fun.

Oh it was a blast, except for when you busted. I would always end up busting the Corsair Roll while leveling and end up with -6% XP :(

It was a pain to get the class at low level but so much fun once I actually got it. The story behind the class quest was cute too.

Allard

For those that were wondering in here and the character creation thread, Yoshida and the reps were answering questions today on the potential expansion character creator and why there was limited options. More and new hair styles are coming post beta (launch/character creator benchmark), you will also be able to adjust how your character is represented in the creator by being able to pick day and nighttime settings and 'more' (which they didn't talk further on) instead of just day time like it is now, this will be in for beta client.

Also Yoshida put a post out today explaining in as ambiguous terms as you can get that lots more information would be coming now that we are at the end of the current version. More videos from Alpha and later Beta, producer letters etc. Furthermore the 'weather' would be changing one more time after the character save maintenance today.

desu

raven1doqs.png

Man, I am speechless, what a day (or rather days). Been awake for like 40h and playing Darnus Hard for like 19h straight. In the end we managed it in the last possible try on the server, 8 minutes before the official server shutdown. No words ... what a way to end the current version of the game.

MarioAnthony

Neo Member
Just logged in, sh*t's goin' down! Lightning weather everywhere, and high-level mobs are invading all camps with Atomos. The "Answers" theme song is also playing ominously everywhere in the world. Track here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZITw3Ub-K0

Here's a pic of Dalamud over Coerthas, with some imperial airships and lightning weather:

And pic of the mobs spawning at camps with some lightning in the background:

rb7HE.jpg

Sofo

raven1doqs.png

Man, I am speechless, what a day (or rather days). Been awake for like 40h and playing Darnus Hard for like 19h straight. In the end we managed it in the last possible try on the server, 8 minutes before the official server shutdown. No words ... what a way to end the current version of the game.

Jo!! I'm so happy for you!! I know nobody else that deserves them more than you and your group! Grats again man!!

Allard

So for those skipping the end of the world, they not only have Atomos at all Aether camps and anima no longer drains at second tier atomos camps (Dragonhead, Emerald Moss etc.) but the mobs are now attacking the gates and entering the city. This morning Nael Darnus showed up as multiple targetable mobs inside Ul'Dah. Looks like the last 10 day event is a culmination of just how ridiculous can they make the living conditions for the players since they don't need to worry about progress and for that matter damage to gear from all the deaths. Literally no where is safe in the world right now. Malboros, chimeras, imperials, cactuars in the lvl 70+ range, lots of buffalos etc. are attacking cities and camps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom