• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

Hopefully bard will be able to cast 2 songs at once now

Unless they plan to more then triple the song choice that Bard currently has (which is 4, one of which is situational and only used outside of battle) there is zero reason to ever expect them to let us cast two songs on a single character. Want Ballad + Minuet for mages, get two bards etc. Bard is a spec of Archer, its primary purpose is not to buff people but as a damage support spec that can raise in a pinch, cast buffing magic but is primarily still a range attacker, and from what I have seen thus far of the direction for Archer in Alpha I don't see that changing much.

Jinko

Unless they plan to more then triple the song choice that Bard currently has (which is 4, one of which is situational and only used outside of battle) there is zero reason to ever expect them to let us cast two songs on a single character. Want Ballad + Minuet for mages, get two bards etc. Bard is a spec of Archer, its primary purpose is not to buff people but as a damage support spec that can raise in a pinch, cast buffing magic but is primarily still a range attacker, and from what I have seen thus far of the direction for Archer in Alpha I don't see that changing much.

I don't agree with that, AV and hamlet they are pretty much buff whores, moogle they are DPS'ers it all depends on the fight/dungeon.

I don't see why they can't allow for more than 1 song to stack, other MMO's allow more than one buff per class.

desu

So it seems someone on 2ch just posted what appears to be the 35p alpha test manual (jp only obviously).

From my not existing jp knowledge it seems you will get Gear Sets from Lvl 10+ quests (its talking about class quests but since I can't make a clear connection to whats said I dont know if its the class quests).

There is also an explanation for the crafting/gathering window. I suppose it has been known before, but I totally missed that you can directly change your crafter in the crafting window. At the top left you can select all your 8 crafting classes and don't even need to close the window and switch your class anymore. Pretty neat.

Munba

There is also an explanation for the crafting/gathering window. I suppose it has been known before, but I totally missed that you can directly change your crafter in the crafting window. At the top left you can select all your 8 crafting classes and don't even need to close the window and switch your class anymore. Pretty neat.

This is nice.

Jinko

Thats very handy :D

Beta needs to hurry up lol, I;m guessing its guna hit around the middle of the month, assuming alpha phase 1 and 2 are a week long each.

desu

I've been updating the screenshot gallery occasionally whenever I see something new. Not too much there but be sure to check from time to time :).

Munba

end.jpg

Now on Excalibur.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wtf, that's scary. How is that screenshot taken? How did the monsters stay at that choke point?

Munba

They remained all on that line lol ..dunno why. With darnus behind casting his ability (darkness around for few seconds)

Akuosa

A1jJN.jpg

._.
There's a GM trolling us on Ragnarok at the moment. He said "you have defeated Atomos in the past, correct?"... and there appeared like 20 of them.
ffxivgame20121104211313.jpg

Akuosa

The GMs were on a roll today... a Rick Roll, that is.
GMroll.png

Rep Deitsu was the same GM who spawned that legion of Atomos earlier, btw. He sure is having fun with this end of the world bussiness :p

Remembering that I haven't logged into the game since they went P2P, I decided to log in and mess with SweetFX for a bit out of curiosity. Too late to resub, so all I got was this shot at the character select screen...

Screenshot12728.png

Kokonoe

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/A1jJN.jpg[IMG]
._.
There's a GM trolling us on Ragnarok at the moment. He said "you have defeated Atomos in the past, correct?"... and there appeared like 20 of them.
[IMG]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8268/ffxivgame20121104211313.jpg

Maws strike back.

N.A

Banned
Next test dates:

2012/11/05 18:00~22:00
2012/11/07 18:00~22:00
2012/11/09 18:00~22:00
2012/11/11 18:00~22:00

All times are JST

Allard

Another maintenance to continue the end of the world event. Despite what the GM's have been asking of us looks like it won't be a good idea to '/pray' to the mobs after today's maintenance XD.

All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 5)
At the following date and time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV to implement a version update for the final event. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Nov. 5, 2012 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (PST)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV

[Update Details]
Below are Updates related to the end of the Seventh Umbral Era:

- The prayers of the adventurers have been heard by the twelve deities.
* Adventurers will now have a chance to receive a gift from the twelve deities upon resting at the inn.
* Adventurers will now receive a boon from the twelve deities when they pray for the safety of themselves or a fellow adventurer. Please be advised that the adventurers will experience the wrath of the twelve if they pray for the safety of an enemy.
- The strength of certain monsters that have unleashed their true potential has been toned down.
- As relief for adventurers facing enormous odds stacked against them, all items can now be repaired for 1 gil by the repair NPC.
- To assist the adventurers that are fatigued from the recent battles, adventurers will now be able to ride their mounts within the cities.
* Chocobos and goobbues can only be mounted when they feel excited in certain situations.
* The mounts will not let the adventurers go back and forth between the city and outside the city.

Chocobo in city should be a neat novelty factor, looks like they are going all out to break the games rules in the final days of 1.0. Guessing we will probably have one more maintenance later this week leading into the final 3 days.

desu

Alright, finally people in the jp alpha bothered to take some pics. Uploading 22 1080p pics right now, even showing some black shroud area we haven't seen so far. So check back :).

Munba

Alright, finally people in the jp alpha bothered to take some pics. Uploading 22 1080p pics right now, even showing some black shroud area we haven't seen so far. So check back :).

I imagine those places at dusk or during the night... really excited.

creid

Tried to log in on the 29th to do my GC promotion quest, but internet was too spotty with Sandy bearing down on me, and no one seemed interested in doing the quest. Really hoping I can pick up where I left off in 2.0, or I've wasted 25,000 seals :/ I'll try to log in tonight to check out some of the mayhem.

end.jpg

Now on Excalibur.
Hah, looks like the SMTIII title screen.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How many of these 22 pictures will contain mithra pantsuuuuu~?

Radav

WoW! Thanks for the link. The environments look amazing. Can't wait to see this in person. (Praying to the twelve for an alpha invite once the time comes.)

ZiZ

Gridania and the black shroud are looking so much better, looking forward to seeing what changes they've made to Ul'dah (though I doubt they'll be very big changes)

Allard

I'm wondering if the 'new' areas being shown is still central Black Shroud or if its North Black Shroud. It has the "Ancient Eorzea Stratum" that is depicted in the concept map for North Black Shroud. I suppose this object could be seen in Central Black Shroud as well since the place that 'monument' is located in is supposedly going to be a new zone (from the same concept map back in last November) and since Western Black Shroud was not seen anywhere on the zone list for alpha my guess it probably can be seen from both zones and the monument is now in what used to be Western Black Shroud. In which case the marsh like area with the turtles is looking out east so maybe that is the revitalized Five Hangs with Mirror lake in the background.

Edit: Going back and looking at the map for Black Shroud... I hope someone in Alpha makes a screen cap of the new map in the central region, because just looking at the current map makes you realize how big a change its going to be. The 'area' for the current version is nothing but a maze of tunnels with almost nothing that is open field. An open version of the same space for Central region would give us like 5 times the amount of walking room then is currently available lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom