• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofo

Latest maintenance made it so you get random relics upon checking your bed inside the Inn! So nice that we get to play with these, for those of us without them. :)

ir9Tb.jpg

IZIiv.jpg

tlE6z.jpg

Go and post which ones you got! So far logging out and trying to get it again seems not to work. But a friend of mine got 2 just by logging in. Poor him though, got the relics he already had, lol. Doesn't seem to be related to which job you log out as, I was on BLM.

Ahaha, they're using the same ambient occlusion algorithm that Aion is using? I guess it's better performance-wise than what they were using before, but gawd, it's so horribly inaccurate it hurts my eyes to look at it! :(

Well, they're probably still tweaking it, so I won't complain... yet.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Damn I gotta say ff14 2.0 art direction is wonderful. Sucks for all the people that dont give a shit about mmo's but :D THANKS SQUARE FOR PUTTING MOST OF THE COMPANY ON THIS :3

Akuosa

Go and post which ones you got! So far logging out and trying to get it again seems not to work. But a friend of mine got 2 just by logging in. Poor him though, got the relics he already had, lol. Doesn't seem to be related to which job you log out as, I was on BLM.
It works, but you have to time it a bit. You get them like you got the cookies from the bed before, just sleep and log out FOR AT LEAST HALF AN HOUR. Log in and check the bed... and wonder how the hell did you manage to sleep with a Gae Bolg under the mattress ._.

ZetaEpyon

I've gotten Spharai, Gae Bolg (2), and Curtana so far, which doesn't do me much good, since I only have Warrior!

Sofo

It works, but you have to time it a bit. You get them like you got the cookies from the bed before, just sleep and log out FOR AT LEAST HALF AN HOUR. Log in and check the bed... and wonder how the hell did you manage to sleep with a Gae Bolg under the mattress ._.
I find no problem sleeping with a Gae Bolg o:
Gay buldge :D

I've gotten Spharai, Gae Bolg (2), and Curtana so far, which doesn't do me much good, since I only have Warrior!

Logging right now, let's see what I find O:! Yaaaaaay Stardust Rod! It's funny because this is the one I'm actually pursuing, and was gonna do MNK or WHM afterwards! This is super cool! :3

1lRpZ.jpg

65qID.jpg

iFCWd.jpg

IRH8j.jpg

4NudR.jpg

Of course it's a shame we don't get to keep them, but it's already cool! And look, Chocobos and Goobbues in Ul'dah! Not in the entire zone, but mostly where battles happen. It's really cool tbh!

Riposte

Got my hard earned gae bolg.

I don't like there is no sense of progress when it comes to the end of the world event. Quite unlike Besieged.

Jinko

Thanks for the link, alpha pics looks amazing, this is what we all hoped it would look like 2 years ago.

Gotta love those adamantoise aswell. :)

Sofo

I think if they allow us to choose again, I might pick Gridania to start off. At welcome back, picked Ul'dah because most gaffers suggested so, but I'm not too compelled by the city itself. Hopefully Ul'dah is no longer the center of trade in 2.0.

ZiZ

I think if they allow us to choose again, I might pick Gridania to start off. At welcome back, picked Ul'dah because most gaffers suggested so, but I'm not too compelled by the city itself. Hopefully Ul'dah is no longer the center of trade in 2.0.

Ul'dah is canonically the center of trade, it's their thing, Gridanians are hippies, Limsans are bilge rats, and Ul'dahns are gil grubbers.

Of course it's a shame we don't get to keep them, but it's already cool! And look, Chocobos and Goobbues in Ul'dah! Not in the entire zone, but mostly where battles happen. It's really cool tbh!

I plan on doing some photo shoots within all three cities if I can with both choco and gobbue.

omlet

isn't Nantoka the Japanese word for "something"?

a "Something" Reborn?

I don't get it.

Yes. Close to the English "something or other." In that 2 hour video of alpha footage that was circulating last week, the JP player recording was talking into mic as he played and made several funny comments (if you could understand Japanese), including, near the beginning, pronouncing the title screen text and it went something like "Fainaru fantaji fourteen.... A... Nantoka Reborn ......... a... riaru... rii... ri-aru... riarum reborn." I think I had more fun listening to his running commentary than actually watching the video, heh.

Sofo

It'd be nice if I could get Thyrus or Artemis Bow. >: Instead got Curtana for my 31 PLD, and Bravura for my 21 MRD (not even WAR!).

Omnicent

Could I get a link to the pics and video too?
I was in the beta when XIV launched oh so long ago
and was crushed, but 2.0 gives me some hope to
look forward to.

elyetis

Would love that link too, didn't play much of ffxiv ( mostly because how copy pasted were the zones ), but definitly want to give him another chance.

Allard

Man the new lighting engine really shows its stuff in the new part of those Black Shroud pics, dat foliage shadow. A reminder all these pics are done at 11:00 in the internal clock which means the sun is almost straight into the sky. Also its so nice to see more vertical exploration that isn't specifically based on terrain. I felt like FFXIV 1.0 was just a series tunnels with invisible barriers even in places that felt like it should have been open terrain. Also I am guessing the new 'underground' pics are either a new public dungeon or its Tam Tara Deepcroft (that is the only dungeon zone available in Alpha unless that has changed since it started). Either way it oozes atmosphere and that dungeon like entrance in the marsh looks positively eerie, I love it. I wonder if these new screens are still Central Black Shroud, maybe the new stuff is actually South Black Shroud and new Aether point is actually camp tranquil. The dungeon NPC could easily be a new place or something like Toto-rak.

Cmagus

Looking good very excited to try this. I hope though they do a little more with this current ending event I mean it's fun fighting large high end mobs but it just feels abit lacking for the end of the world.

Allard

Looking good very excited to try this. I hope though they do a little more with this current ending event I mean it's fun fighting large high end mobs but it just feels abit lacking for the end of the world.

All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 7)
At the following date and time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV to implement a version update for the final event. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Nov. 7, 2012 from 12:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. (PST)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV

[Update Details]
Below are updates related to the end of the Seventh Umbral Era:

- Certain monsters in the Mor Dhona region, sensing the impending end of the world, will begin running away.
- The chocobo and goobbue mounts inside the city that are excited to a point of vanishing from thin air will calm down to a certain degree.

Below are updates related to events:

- Conditions for participating in “Bowl of Embers (Extreme)” will be relaxed.
* Players will now be able to participate if they have completed “Bowl of Embers (Hard).”

- Conditions for triggering “To Kill a Raven” will be relaxed.
* Players will now be able to receive the quest if they have a class that is level 45 or higher in either the Disciples of War or Disciples of Magic discipline.

- Conditions for triggering “Living on a Prayer” will be relaxed.
* Players will now be able to receive the quest if they belong to a grand company.

I expect one more maintenance leading into the weekend for the finale and then dawn of the final day Saturday. :D

Munba

In one of the screen it seems there is an inside private house (with kitchen and stuff). Glad they added them finally.. and hope much more buildings to explore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom