• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmagus

Plz remember to record it for the ls members that can't make it.

I am gonna try to fraps it. I guess it will all depend on how laggy things get and how many people show. I know Mor Dhona is pretty much monster free (reasons are obvious now) but who knows we will see I will do my best to get what I can.

ZetaEpyon

Feels good being on the west coast, end of the world happens at midnight for me :D. And staying up till 2:00 AM in the morning for the live letter isn't bad either, I am up that late anyways working on writing and watching Toonami :3.

Yeah, that's definitely got to be more convenient. Fortunately, I rarely go to bed before 1am even on weekdays, so it's not too rough on me to be up until crazy-sounding hours on the weekend.

Edit: Sounds like more than a couple of us are going to try frapsing, so between the lot of us, hopefully we'll get a good recording.

Allard

End of the world time stuff confuses me. What time EST do I need to be on and on what day?

1AM to 3AM Sunday morning/Saturday Night. When 3AM happens the servers for 1.0 close down and we get treated to a new 'trailer' which I am almost certain is going to be the new FMV opening sequence for 2.0 since most of it depicts the fall of Dalamud and what happens to our characters. Live Producer Letter starts at 5:00 AM EST and if its like the previous ones should last till 6:30 AM EST. Its going to be a long night for those in the eastern time zone :p

Jijidasu

2.0 OT subtitle suggestions.

I've been slowly mulling it over. Right now it is somewhere between a reference to a Phoenix Down being used or the biblical rapture (as a reference to XIV's codename).

Why not just use FFXIV 2.0 [OT] A Realm Reborn. The title itself is fitting and nowadays people try too hard with the titles. Something nice and simple goes a long way!

Babalu.

Adventurers of Eorzea, Arise! (11/08/2012)

This notice is to let EVERYONE know that regardless of your current Final Fantasy XIV subscription status you will be able to participate in this last 1.0 event.

"Leaders of the Eorzean Alliance have issued a clarion call, petitioning all able adventurers to lend their strength to the battle that will determine the fate of the realm.

In order to rally the greatest possible number of adventurers for the final reckoning, the game will be opened to all FINAL FANTASY XIV Service Account holders between Thursday, November 8, 2012, at midnight and Sunday, November 11, 2012, at the same hour (PST). You will be able to log in* during this time regardless of your subscription status.
* With the exception of The Lodestone and the official forums.
* Any progress made will not carry over to A Realm Reborn."

Sweet. Installing now...

omg...so many patches.... 17 200-600mb patches.....

downloading them all on utorrent now.

fahr

Im only level 22 but really want to properly experience the end of the world. Is such a thing possible? Im in uldah right now, and it looks like the final battle happens pretty far north, farther than ive ever been.

Is there some place i must sign up? Does anyone have any details of what you have to do? Everything seems really vague at the moment.

Thanks! Hopefully for version 2.0 ill set aside some more time to play, lol.

Darte

Im only level 22 but really want to properly experience the end of the world. Is such a thing possible? Im in uldah right now, and it looks like the final battle happens pretty far north, farther than ive ever been.

Is there some place i must sign up? Does anyone have any details of what you have to do? Everything seems really vague at the moment.

Can't guarantee you won't die (infact I think you'll die *a lot*), but if you're up for it, you can ask someone to teleport you to the region, even if you haven't been there. Shouldn't be a problem to catch a teleport since anima regen rates for the end of the world is 30x the usual rate.
Just be sure to attune to the crystal there and maybe even set hp

Cmagus

Are you on Sargatanas? What is your player name if so I will take you there you can also send me a tell Eight Corova. There is no sign up it will just be taking place in Mor Dhona.

We shall march to victory!

iuOlDnxznDcNl.png

King_Moc

Banned
Wow, 6am to 8am on sunday morning. I'll try and make it. I'll be tired, and quite possibly drunk, but i'll try.

I wonder what's gonna happen?

TheContact

Can't seem to find any trial version of this game. I played it waaaay back in the beginning when it was free, but would like to see all the changes. Nearly every MMO offers some kind of trial but I can't find one for either XIV or XI

Jinko

Can't seem to find any trial version of this game. I played it waaaay back in the beginning when it was free, but would like to see all the changes. Nearly every MMO offers some kind of trial but I can't find one for either XIV or XI

No trial until 2.0, you should be able to get into beta at some point.

Jijidasu

That's better. Fixed.

Really, Skydrive should let me make folders public by default...

I'm not that familiar with SweetFX, so I'm probably doing it wrong (clearly as the game wouldn't work). I put the files in the FFXIV folder in program files and I couldn't open it. Could you tell me how you got it to work?

You have to put it in the same folder as the .exe files. Make sure you extract everything.

Alternatively, make sure you have no overlays running (Steam, Xfire, FRAPs, whatever). The injector conflicts with them.

omlet

This may not even matter in 2.0 (I hope it doesn't :(), but continuing on the topic of MNK, I was just doing some math-fu to see just how potent that +5 refresh oh Sphairai actually is. Base MP drain per tick for Fists of Fire is 28 MP. Assuming no Ballad and no use of Sucker Punch (assuming no use of Sucker Punch is pretty absurd for a normal combat situation, but factoring it in makes things too hard to calculate for now so I'm ignoring it just to get a baseline):

With non-relic weapon, no White Ravens, and without macroing in AF body, my MNK will run out of MP in 205 seconds of combat.

With non-relic, but using my White Ravens and macroing in AF body (basically, what I can do with my normal gear without temporary relic), my MNK will run out of MP in 240 seconds of combat.

FFXI mode (no relic, AF body swap only) is indeed perhaps worth the trouble for MNKs, as this adds nearly half a minute, bringing you up to 230 seconds.

Lazy hipster mode (no relic, no AF body swap macro, White Ravens only) adds only* 8 seconds of longevity to base configuration, with the +1 Refresh extending MNK's MP to 213 seconds worth of combat.

White Ravens are still great for 1.x MNK since I'd much rather have the refresh and accuracy in most cases, except maybe against Miser when using the Storm Sergeant's Earrings is a better choice for a bit more burst damage since its evasion is so low.

Using just relic and other gear (no AF body swap, no White Ravens), that's worth 259 seconds. For MNKs with Sphairai that carry around AF body but didn't get White Ravens, you'll be up to 298 seconds.

Finally, with Sphairai, White Ravens, and AF body swap macro, MP will last for 314 seconds before drying out, which is a decently significant boost (just over a 50% increase in vanilla longevity, to which Sucker Punch can pretty much always add, and Ballad and Featherfoot may boost as well, depending on the situation). However, of those 314 seconds, a paltry 11 seconds comes from the +70 MP on the weapon itself, so my earlier number was technically incorrect, but the sentiment was not.

creid

Damn, logged in for a second to check for a relic today, and forgot to log back in before leaving for the weekend. Missed the whole end of e world event :/

It's 6am my time. ;_; oh well, set the alarm, moved the game over to my SSD and made some space for the fraps video on my HDD. The event is 2 hours long and planning to record the whole thing.

Nakazato

It's 6am my time. ;_; oh well, set the alarm, moved the game over to my SSD and made some space for the fraps video on my HDD. The event is 2 hours long and planning to record the whole thing.
Nice can not wait.

Ammy if u see this could u send me the pics we took in full brd af together

Where are people getting the time for the event? According to the Lodestone:

Hour of Reckoning
Saturday, November 10, 2012, at 10:00 p.m. – Sunday, November 11, 2012, at midnight (PST)

Wouldn't that be Sunday at 1 AM EST - Sunday at 3AM EST? I just want to make sure I don't miss it.

I'm planning to record/stream the whole thing. It will be slightly embarrassing though because I mostly forgot how to play and don't have a linkshell anymore. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom