• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was about as uneventful and disapointing of an end as it could have possible had. Hope they can get there stuff together before 2.0 releases.

Teknoman

Surprised that what we were joking around about, actually happened.

EDIT: Yeah the ending sucked, but the actual CG close was amazing. Louis is the man.

Shouta

I totally called Bahamut too. I knew that bastard was coming. It's a redux of FFXI lore, lol.

But hot damn, that is amazing CG. INCREDIBLE.

Anything happen inside the game? or just countdown to server shutdown?

Saw the CG. It was pretty cool, but didn't care too much for the song thou.

ZetaEpyon

I gotta say, having just watched through all the story cutscenes over the last day or so to record them, and then following it with THAT one, was pretty damn awesome.

Ravidrath

...Wow, amazing trailer.

With Bahamut controlling Darnus from within Dalamud, I guess this explains why Darnus could use Megaflare.

Also... doesn't seem likely that Lou or any of the generals could have survived being at Ground Zero of a real Megaflare.

So if that was Bahamut, then whats that dragon mummy on top of the downed airship?

That's Midgardsormr - the MNK storyline explains that.

I didn't think it was possible that Bahamut was inside of Dalamud, because the MNK storyline seemed to indicate that Bahamut was still an active player in things, not imprisoned, and was the one that sent Midgardsormr to destroy the Imperial Airship that captured all the Primals. I guess it's possible he could have done that from within Dalamud, but I'm not sure why the MNK scholar dude would know that.

ZiZ

...Wow, amazing trailer.

With Bahamut controlling Darnus from within Dalamud, I guess this explains why Darnus could use Megaflare.

Also... doesn't seem likely that Lou or any of the generals could have survived being at Ground Zero of a real Megaflare.

doubt louis would save us and ignore the generals.

Teknoman

...Wow, amazing trailer.

Yeah that was crazy...first time i've seen any FF heroes look truly helpless in the face of disaster.

And hopefully they go into more detail about Midgardsormr in ARR...unless those two are supposed to go up against each other at some point. Maybe I should check out the Monk scenes later on...

Ravidrath

doubt louis would save us and ignore the generals.

Good point.

Yeah that was crazy...first time i've seen any FF heroes look truly helpless in the face of disaster.

And hopefully they go into more detail about Midgardsormr in ARR...unless those two are supposed to go up against each other at some point. Maybe I should check out the Monk scenes later on...

It was all text, so it's not like there are any scenes to check out.

And... I'm guessing Midgardsormr isn't really around at all any more - would expect that Mor Dhona is little more than a smoldering crater, at this point.

Teknoman

It was all text, so it's not like there are any scenes to check out.

And... I'm guessing Midgardsormr isn't really around at all any more - would expect that Mor Dhona is little more than a smoldering crater, at this point.

Got a point there.

EDIT: Probably should have just let people log in, see the CG cutscene and then log out.

Buttons

Wow such an emotional video, one of the best I have ever seen. <3

The end on Excalibur, it was so much fun even if logging on took 2 hours...

end1cgs9w.jpg

end2gsscv.jpg

Zabian

Neo Member
Moved my 28 botanist earlier today to Mor Dhona to try to see the end of the world after not playing for a year. Couldn't log in for the event and half-watched live streams of people mostly failing to log in until midnight.

CG ending made up for it all! So quality. Looking forward to seeing what's in store for FFXIV 2.0. I hope at least a couple of the main storyline chars survive Bahamut!

Forbiden

Louisoix going out with a smile is probably the closest I came to crying from that video. The fact that they used Answers as the music for it did not help at all. Overall I was really impressed with it.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I'm sorry to say this....

End of an Era > Distant worlds.

Allard

yeah, 1.x is like the longest intro for a game ever. XD

We still got the other half the FMV to look forward to as well, we are missing the part where we wake up after getting transported into the future and we know it exists since we have seen snippets from it in the previous trailers :) wonder if they will keep the 'end' CG and fuse it with the rest of the opening FMV when 2.0 officially launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom