• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which reminds me I think level sync for open world content is a bad idea ... well ... bad in that old content will basically be left to stagnate and new players won't get to experience it due to not enough participants.

They said it only level syncs down.. it doesn't increase player level. I don't see how allowing higher level players to enjoy lower level content again by capping their level is a bad thing :)

Cmagus

I'm curious how they will handle legacy characters in quests... since they are not newbies and have a huge reputation with all three companies. I plan on making a new character.

I like that FATE uses level caps. Gives me hope. Another thing is that they seemed to confirm a hard mode for quests? That's the reason I will play FFXIV 2.0. I don't care about loot. I just want good quests.

See I kind of feel the same way. I really want to start a new character I just feel that the experience is gonna be less with all 50's and if it is like before the high end content isn't gonna last long. I am definitely gonna run an alt as well so I may level that character in MIN, BOT and FSH.

Jinko

They said it only level syncs down.. it doesn't increase player level. I don't see how allowing higher level players to enjoy lower level content again by capping their level is a bad thing :)

Because once the novelty wears off low level players won't be able to find enough people to complete the objective, which was what my post was about.

I'll definately be making an alt, I'll prob leave Jinko on Sargantas and make a new alt on an EU server. (of course im hoping sarg becomes an EU server :p)

Alpha invites should be going out tomorrow, make sure to check your inboxes :D

ZiZ

maybe high level players like totally obliterating lower level mobs and rushing through lower level dungeons >.>;

maybe high level players like totally obliterating lower level mobs and rushing through lower level dungeons >.>;

GW2 balances that (kinda) with the fact that rewards are for the same level of your chracter not the mob. SO if high levels are around the area they are normally interested in giving it a try.

Ronok

I just read the alpha email properly, we don't automatically get into the beta? Is there a separate application for this?

Jinko

I just read the alpha email properly, we don't automatically get into the beta? Is there a separate application for this?

Yea they said in one of the interviews they weren't sure if Alpha players would follow into the beta.

I guess they decided that they won't.

They will be launching a new site for beta applications i believe.

Ronok

Well that's rather disappointing. If I get into alpha but not beta it will be pretty frustrating. =/ Maybe those active in the alpha will have an advantage in the selection process..

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Congrats to all who got in. Hope the rest of us will follow soon as well. Best of luck to all of us I guess.

Sofo

Those of you who got in...

Does it say anything about the Alpha under the Services & Options section of your SquareEnix account?

Like how it does for getting Legacy?
Under Services and Options, it lists "Permanent Options" as follow:

FINAL FANTASY XIV - Windows(R) Sep. **, 2010
FINAL FANTASY XIV - Windows(R) Beta Test Sep. **, 2010
FINAL FANTASY XIV - Legacy May **, 2012
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Alpha Test Nov. **, 2012
In-game item Code - Onion Helm Sep. **, 2010

Also, it's kinda curious that the end date for my character's subscription is March, 31st, 2013. But that's probably just a default and will change to fit retail release I guess.

NinjaJesus

Under Services and Options, it lists "Permanent Options" as follow:

Also, it's kinda curious that the end date for my character's subscription is March, 31st, 2013. But that's probably just a default and will change to fit retail release I guess.

Awesome, I thought it might. Guess I can keep checking there as well as my e-mail. Thanks.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If you want to know if you got into the alpha without waiting for the email, you can just try logging in here.
If your account is flagged as an alpha one, you won't get an error.

Zafir

If you want to know if you got into the alpha without waiting for the email, you can just try logging in here.
If your account is flagged as an alpha one, you won't get an error.
It asked me to register account when I went there. Take it that means I got in?

Edit: Just got the emai, so yeah.

Jinko

It was random who got in. Seems to be alot of people though who played less than a month getting in it's pretty funny.

Yea I duno why they didn't send out invites to those who had the highest play time clocked up.

That would seem more fair to those who stuck with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom