• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

desu

Uhm just saying, lots of people here put their names + char names on the server list in the community section or where ever it was. Dunno how serious SE ninjas are but you're making it easy for them ;).

Cmagus

Yea I duno why they didn't send out invites to those who had the highest play time clocked up.

That would seem more fair to those who stuck with the game.

Funny thing is my friend who I gave my guess pass to got in. He played for one month so yeah it has to be random. It is abit of a piss off kind of considering this really isn't the time to focus on those who wanna "try" it again. Even the main very active people on the main forums aren't getting in I just hope they don't screw themselves with people who wanna try and won't put the Alpha to good use.

Uhm just saying, lots of people here put their names + char names on the server list in the community section or where ever it was. Dunno how serious SE ninjas are but you're making it easy for them ;).

The agreement is very similar to 1.0's alpha. Knowledge of involvement is not confidential.

Cmagus

Too lazy to dig it out, but I am sure I saw messages long ago that disclosing that you're in the alpha is already breach of the NDA.

They aren't gonna go hardcore on that people are gonna say they got in they are excited they are probably more concerned about media getting out.

desu

They aren't gonna go hardcore on that people are gonna say they got in they are excited they are probably more concerned about media getting out.

Don't really care what you people do, was just pointing it out :). Some people might care about the alpha, or even more their 14 account, because that one would get suspended as well :D.

Akuosa

Too lazy to dig it out, but I am sure I saw messages long ago that disclosing that you're in the alpha is already breach of the NDA.
Yep. From the NDA:
"(d) THE IDENTITY OF ALPHA TESTER AND THE FACT THAT ALPHA TESTER IS PARTICIPATING IN THE ALPHA TEST, and (e) any and all information relating to the future or proposed products, services, or business operations of Company."

Sure, I don't think they're going to crack down about people just saying they got in, but they could if they want to, it's in there.

Jinko

Chances of them revoking alpha status or banning your account for saying you got into an alpha is very unlikely, its also unlikely SE are watching this thread.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Then.. I'm in :D

I had no time to read all the jp forums. :/

notworksafe

Sounds pretty limited. I guess I'm okay missing out on this first wave. Still a bummer. :\

What can't we do in the alpha? Why is there a restriction on the dissemination of information?

As I mentioned earlier, the alpha test is primarily a large-scale stress test. As such, there will be several restrictions on game content.
The opening scene that takes place after character creation is provisional.
The main scenario is not playable.
The majority of content has yet to be implemented.
Only male Hyur Midlanders and female Miqo'te Seekers of the Sun are playable.
The leveling path ends at level 10, with the level cap set to 20.
Cutscenes are still in production and have been masked.
Battle algorithms are provisional and will be finalized for the beta.

Jinko

Yea he said in one of the interviews alpha is for stress testing not playing the game, not sure if I wana be part of beta, I was burnt out after the 1.0 beta and it ruined Limsa as a starting city.

notworksafe

Yea he said in one of the interviews alpha is for stress testing not playing the game, not sure if I wana be part of beta, I was burnt out after the 1.0 beta and it ruined Limsa as a starting city.
Yeah beta will be the more interesting thing to check out. I remember fraps-ing videos for Alpha and Beta of 1.0 (with a few people's help!) and keeping the threads updated ended up getting me more bummed out on the actual game than I expected.

And lead to me going with Gridania as a home city!

Jijidasu

Thanks to a particularly dense person on the forums who directly quoted my previous words I'm editing the post in regards to talking about being selected or whatever. As it's going to be easy to trace with Google. This is to protect those who have posted on here about the A. test and so on.

When I get chance I hunt down the quote in Japanese and post it here, just for my own victory.

NinjaJesus

Thanks to a particularly dense person on the forums who directly quoted my previous words I'm editing the post in regards to talking about being selected or whatever. As it's going to be easy to trace with Google. This is to protect those who have posted on here about the A. test and so on.

When I get chance I hunt down the quote in Japanese and post it here, just for my own victory.

I'm not dense :(. I didn't think it would 'cause a problem since no one has done anything wrong. Right?

Jijidasu

I'm not dense :(. I didn't think it would 'cause a problem since no one has done anything wrong. Right?

Perhaps not, apologies but I genuinely feared that people could suffer as it is easily traceable. As much as is the word of the developers (I have quoted the link in the thread over there) we cannot take it for granted. Especially given the nature of the community on the forums and their likelihood to turn the thread in the wrong direction; a range of terrible things could come about.

NinjaJesus

Perhaps not, apologies but I genuinely feared that people could suffer as it is easily traceable. As much as is the word of the developers (I have quoted the link in the thread over there) we cannot take it for granted. Especially given the nature of the community on the forums and their likelihood to turn the thread in the wrong direction; a range of terrible things could come about.

True, I removed it. My apologies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yoshida posted this on the Japanese forum:
プロデューサ/ディレクタの吉田です。

皆さんとても悲観されているようですので、本日夜中には今後のαテスター追加について、
このスレッドに状況や意図をポストします。もう少々お待ちください!
(グローバルにお知らせするために、フォーラムだけにではなく、数日後にレターも出しますね)。
Which roughly translates to:
"I see you're all very disappointed, so today at night I'm going to write about the current state and intention of adding new alpha testers. Please wait a bit more!
(To make this announcement global, I'll post a new letter in the coming days)"

Sofo

Wow the crying on the official forums is as bad as ever i see.
It's like... really intense.
This is one of the communities I've seen that feel so damn entitled about themselves. The argument "I've put up with 1.0, I _derserve_ X" has been used so much.

As a 1.0 user, both at launch and then the welcome back campaign, I don't understand this. Yes, you knew the game was bad and kept playing, nobody fucking forced you to do it.

Gosh, the nerveeeee

Then we have the SE apologists. It's like there's two sides, and they're both equally horrible and terrible and makes me gauge my eyes out.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Funny thing is, that the thing most important for SE is to make those who hated 1.0 to play 2.0, so it's only logical that they would want those people to test the new version.
Still, I think the invites have been sent at random.

Gromph

Staff Member
Funny thing is, that the thing most important for SE is to make those who hated 1.0 to play 2.0, so it's only logical that they would want those people to test the new version.
Still, I think the invites have been sent at random.

I agree with you..

Anyway

Rukkirii said:
Sorry to those of you that were not selected in the current round of Alpha Tester selection. Unfortunately, we need to control the number of users participating, so not everyone is guaranteed a spot. However, please note that this is not the final selection for Alpha Testers and we are proceeding to make adjustments so that we can continue to add testers.

While we can't offer firm timing, or other specifics, at this time, there will be more chances to be selected. We appreciate your understanding everyone.

It's like... really intense.
This is one of the communities I've seen that feel so damn entitled about themselves. The argument "I've put up with 1.0, I _derserve_ X" has been used so much.

As a 1.0 user, both at launch and then the welcome back campaign, I don't understand this. Yes, you knew the game was bad and kept playing, nobody fucking forced you to do it.

Gosh, the nerveeeee

Then we have the SE apologists. It's like there's two sides, and they're both equally horrible and terrible and makes me gauge my eyes out.

What can we expect of a community that complains about the grass and animation transitions on a game on alpha.

Salaadin

I do think that longtime players should be prioritized over newer ones but Im not sure that Alpha is the version they should be getting bent out of shape about. I mean, from everything Im hearing, its just a basic stress test that doesnt amount to much.

Im not even that excited for the Beta version because of what happened the last time I beta tested this game. Played too much, did too much, and then it all got wiped out before Open Beta.
If I get in this time around, Im going to hold myself back so Im not already burned out by launch.

Jinko

I do think that longtime players should be prioritized over newer ones but Im not sure that Alpha is the version they should be getting bent out of shape about. I mean, from everything Im hearing, its just a basic stress test that doesnt amount to much.

Im not even that excited for the Beta version because of what happened the last time I beta tested this game. Played too much, did too much, and then it all got wiped out before Open Beta.
If I get in this time around, Im going to hold myself back so Im not already burned out by launch.

Yea me too, I'll be starting in Ul'dah or Limsa in beta just so I don't spoil the new Gridania storyline for myself.

Sounds like this phase of Alpha will be pushing as many players in a zone as possible, I'd be prepared for lots of lag and server crashing.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Post from Yoshi is here.
Important points regarding the new invites:
- 3rd world is going to be opened on Dec 3rd
- New invites will be sent then
- After that, the number of logins will be checked on a 2 day basis and new invites will be sent based on that number

volgihn

I played many hours of FFXI and I am very exited for this game. I was wondering, does anyone know if there will be a alpha or beta for people with no existing FFXIV account. I would really like to play this game but I don't have an existing account.

Jinko

I played many hours of FFXI and I am very exited for this game. I was wondering, does anyone know if there will be a alpha or beta for people with no existing FFXIV account. I would really like to play this game but I don't have an existing account.

He's been a bit sheepish about open beta, he said he will ask testers to gauge if its needed.

Also that post has been translated.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...JP-to-English)?p=906688&viewfull=1#post906688

Gromph

Staff Member
Thanks for answering. I hope he changes his mind and if he doesn't then I guess I'll have to try to wait until the game is released.

I think you dont need a XIV account to apply for Alpha/Beta, just a SE account.

volgihn

I think you dont need a XIV account to apply for Alpha/Beta, just a SE account.

I tried applying and it stated that I needed an active XIV account. This was about 2 weeks ago maybe they changed the requirements. I'll try to apply again once I get home.

impact

Banned
So is there a free trial for this anywhere? FFXI is probably my favorite game and I just got a PC good enough to run this but I ain't giving SE any money yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom