• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

So is there a free trial for this anywhere? FFXI is probably my favorite game and I just got a PC good enough to run this but I ain't giving SE any money yet.

FFXIV is currently offline (to any new players, and judging by people returning to the servers I imagine that will be short lived too). It won't return to full service for 2.0 till April+ more then likely. You can try getting into the closed beta process when its opened up to more people then active SE accounts or wait for open beta whenever that might occur, there is no free trial scheduled as of yet.

impact

Banned
FFXIV is currently offline (to any new players, and judging by people returning to the servers I imagine that will be short lived too). It won't return to full service for 2.0 till April+ more then likely. You can try getting into the closed beta process when its opened up to more people then active SE accounts or wait for open beta whenever that might occur, there is no free trial scheduled as of yet.

What the hell? Square is so damn terrible these days.

I'll just take my money and try Guild Wars 2 or something.

suzu

What the hell? Square is so damn terrible these days.

I'll just take my money and try Guild Wars 2 or something.

They blew up the world and are redoing the entire game right now. At least they're trying to fix their mistakes. lol. You just came at a bad time.

Kokonoe

Banned
I am stunned...I watched the recent trailer finally (not sure why I didn't before) but I am completely in faith of SE for this game now.

Salaadin

I really fail to see how remaking the game from the ground up when it was universally reviled as bad makes them 'so damn terrible'...

He might not be aware of the 1.0 shitstorm and all the followed. I dont know how but I guess its possible.

Have they said anything more about the possible Vita app for FFXIV? I know iOS and android were supposed to get one to coincide with ARR but Id love a Vita one.

Jinko

He might not be aware of the 1.0 shitstorm and all the follo8wed. I dont know how but I guess its possible.

Have they said anything more about the possible Vita app for FFXIV? I know iOS and android were supposed to get one to coincide with ARR but Id love a Vita one.

Would be great if they provided a way to craft on a handheld system.

Cmagus

Yeah looks nice but is it just me or are these videos they are putting out looking very washed out and blurry? like watching this in HD and the menus on screen are nice a crisp but the actual game looks washed out and blurry when moving. I hope they start showing off some other stuff soon I dunno these running through the environment videos are kind of boring now.

Really hope I can get in on Dec 3 don't really feel like playing much else. Played some 1.0 today but it's dead I saw maybe 6 people in Uldah lol.

N.A

Banned
Yeah looks nice but is it just me or are these videos they are putting out looking very washed out and blurry? like watching this in HD and the menus on screen are nice a crisp but the actual game looks washed out and blurry when moving. I hope they start showing off some other stuff soon I dunno these running through the environment videos are kind of boring now.

Really hope I can get in on Dec 3 don't really feel like playing much else. Played some 1.0 today but it's dead I saw maybe 6 people in Uldah lol.

A friend in the beta sent me some videos that look much sharper than this.

Jinko

Black Shroud is looking amazing, be interesting to see the other two areas.

These vids are prob captured and rendered at 720p, if you are used to playing in 1080p its bound to look blurry, plus youtube videos are compressed to hell.

Salaadin

I love these videos but I find myself skipping around them because I dont want to spoil myself. Kinda want to take it all in myself when it launches. Exploring is one of my favorite things to do in MMOs.
Its such a pretty game though. Im really digging the art style this time around and just how the world looks overall. It doesnt seem as "crisp" as 1.0 but thats not necessarily a bad thing.

Those videos looks really badly compressed, I'm sure once you see the game on your screen at 1080p it will look much better as some other people said.

They are also making the lack of alpha more painful for me...I'm praying for the next batch.

do people get emails saying they got it or do we just log and hope to get in?

There should be a new batch of invites...when they're gonna send them? we don't know yet.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
do people get emails saying they got it or do we just log and hope to get in?
They will sent you an email, but you can check it yourself when you see people start posting things like "I got in", by trying to log in here. If you get an error - tough luck.

They will sent you an email, but you can check it yourself when you see people start posting things like "I got in", by trying to log in here. If you get an error - tough luck.

I made a forum username. Did i get in? LOL. everything is in japanese.

EDIT:

Derp.. i should have scrolled a bit lower xD

I'm in.

Cmagus

Really hope I get in I wanna participate in this badly also this is why you should avoid people who barely play and simply wanna try it.

"We anticipated that the login rate would drop to about 20%, though the actual figure turned about to be between 40–50%. And so we’re gradually inviting new testers, carefully calculating the number of additional characters that our servers can cope with."

oh well hopefully more spots open soon :)

Hoping that more of you folks get in with Monday's batch.

All I will say is that this alpha makes me happy and gives me hope for the future.

He's not using abilities nearly as quickly as he could be.. I guess he didn't want to "waste" TP

Seems silly to post a public youtube video of a game with a NDA without covering your character name.. wouldn't surprise me if he got banned.

He didn't read the NDA, looks like someone that just registered for the shit of it got in and just make a video like it was the normal thing to do lol.

Combat looks more fast and barely animation lock. Thank godness.

Cmagus

Funny thing is that video was far better and more entertaining than anything SE has put out. Quality is also much better than SE videos. Dunno why they are so afraid to show combat which they are clearly avoiding.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Looks like standard MMO stuff. 4 second global cooldown on combat abilities, all combat abilities consume TP, and TP recharges every 4 seconds: 50 in combat, 100 outside combat with a 1000 TP cap.

I hope skill chains and magic bursts make it in at some point to give combat more depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom