• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
um...NDA and everything but OMG OMG OMG. Square Enix take my money now. All of it. Freaking unbelievable how good this is now. I can't wait to see more.

Teknoman

This is pretty neat :)

CgeRF.png

Thanks for the 1 year anniversary present SE :)

Didn't get in either .. bleh

I can't even find the link to display that info, SE account page as bizarre as ever.

Edit:- Nevermind found it, buried under 5 sub menus.

Combat is being changed for beta probably why.

Where do you find permanent options?

Teknoman

Thanks, guess i'm not in...yet. Blackout on any media though (aside from music), so when I do see the game in whatever form for the first time, it'll have that much more of an impact.

Kenai

Thanks, guess i'm not in...yet. Blackout on any media though (aside from music), so when I do see the game in whatever form for the first time, it'll have that much more of an impact.

Agreed. I'm getting excited again. Looking forward to all the impressions (please be positive :( ).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Again, even if you didn't get an email try logging in url or checking the registered services list on your SE account.

What is the best way to go about getting a beta invite?

Step one -

Wait for them to post information about applying for the beta test.

If you meant the alpha test, you can apply at one of these sites (Requires registered FFXIV account) -

Japanese Alpha Test Site Registration : http://entry.ffxiv.com/alpha/index.html
North America Alpha Test Site Registration : http://entry.ffxiv.com/alpha/index_na.html
European Alpha Test Site Registration : http://entry.ffxiv.com/alpha/index_en.html

ZiZ

Alpha will not quench your thirst, you'll play for a few hours then begin craving the full game.
Alpha is what they use to get you hooked.

Cetra

Videos and Screenshots do not do this justice at all. It feels and looks like a completely new game. That's all I'll say.

ZetaEpyon

Alpha will not quench your thirst, you'll play for a few hours then begin craving the full game.
Alpha is what they use to get you hooked.

This is pretty accurate. It's great, but obviously the content is not there, and anyone who's expecting that in the alpha probably has misplaced expectations.

Jinko

Videos and Screenshots do not do this justice at all. It feels and looks like a completely new game. That's all I'll say.

I have pretty much gathered from the videos that this game is a completely different game.

Something many will be glad about.

The video of the Tam Tam dungeon the other day was really good, they could do with more than 2 bosses in a dungeon though, and I'm sad to see they still have timers on them :(, the need before greed interface although standard in MMO's is a welcome addition also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom