• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaadin

Something similar to FFXIAH would be cool except thered be no AH details, itd only be us and our bazaars/retainers.
Its a great idea. I just have no idea how to start something like that.

Thoraxes said:
That's what i've been doing even with my MRD. I've been doing 3 DEX, 1 VIT, and 2 STR per level, and it seems that I only miss once or twice while killing an enemy instead of the million times I was when I had a different stat distribution.

Also, is it me, or did crafting get easier? Or maybe I understand it better?
I managed to get goldsmithing from 1-8 in an hour last night, and I just could not believe how fast that went.

Maybe I got lucky or something?
Impressive, I seem to never have enough crystals to craft continuously.

Cathcart

Salaadin said:
Something similar to FFXIAH would be cool except thered be no AH details, itd only be us and our bazaars/retainers.
Its a great idea. I just have no idea how to start something like that.

Not sure if it will take off but this is a pretty neat idea: http://www.ffxivorigin.com/marketplace/

Edit: Oh ok, didn't see the part where you said "just us", I thought you meant like bigger scale.

Jinko

Mandoric said:
I did something a bit more stupid and complex, but that should work for now. I would've put it in Online, though. :lol

By all means go ahead and make something better :D.

Of course anyone who can improve upon the spreadsheet is more than welcome to, as its really basic right now.

Zomba13

I've added my bazaar contents to Jinko's spread sheet. Just 2 copper wristlets atm. Give +11 hp, 2 accessory points and optimal rank 9 or 10 or something.

Londa

Banned
sabin1001 said:
Hey Londa, hope you don't mind, but I tweeted your image to one of Square's lead PR people and here's what she had to say (she thought I was the one having the problem, hence why she asks me to let her know).

"Sorry for the trouble... I checked in with our CS and it seems they're fixing the problem. LMK how it turns out!"

I'll PM you her handle so you can follow up if you need more help.

sure! I don't mind at all. Do I need to let you know any other info?

Kronotech said:
Londa, the screenshot looks very clear. What are your PC specs, if I may ask?

I was also looking at taking up Leatherworking. I'm guessing Alchemy and Armorsmith are the other 2 that are needed for success?

HP Entertainment Notebook
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel Core Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz 2.13 GHz
4.00 GB if Ram

Its not the best build. I want to buy a new computer to handle this big beast of a game. :D

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Decay24 said:
I just ran by somebody outside Gridania wearing the Garlond Goggles. Probably swiped a code from Gamestop or something (employee)

I wonder if like other times it will only show up on a new character. I put in my Asuran Armbands code after I started so I need to reroll toon to get them. Might just wait a week so I can get goggles too.

Londa

Banned
Pietepiet said:
Yeah :) Glad you like. I've had a bunch of requests for characters already. If you post a screenshot of your character (full body) I can do one for you as well.

I would love that! I'll take a picture this evening.

Is the retail game any bit better optimized? I really loved the beta but it was a big sluggish or it might have been server issues.

I'm running:

c2duo 2.67gigs
3 gigs ram
9800 gt

Jinko

Someone said he made some program to scan retainer prices in LS chat earlier, I would like to more about that if he wants to tell us.

Londa

Banned
Ronok said:
How did you manage to zoom your camera in so far? I can only get close enough for a full body shot. :-/

I get close to a wall and then I make the camera hit the wall and move my character closer to the camera. The camera can not move because there is a wall behind it.

Ronok

Londa said:
I get close to a wall and then I make the camera hit the wall and move my character closer to the camera. The camera can not move because there is a wall behind it.

Ah, I'll try this. Dunno why SE don't let you zoom right in anyway. No reason not to. v.v;

zlatko

Banned
FFXIV_1285371597.jpg

Me going Super Saiyan in a subligar.

Respect the banana hammock.

TheExodu5

Banned
So how responsive is the interface in towns? It was unbelievably sluggish in the beta.

Also, I have a code from my FF XIII Japanese import...can it be applied to FF XIV in North America?

I also have a similar code for the NA release...is it the same item?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom